FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Review #681: Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2010

Reviewed on 12.02.2010 (Review #681)


Yay, anotha Promo Only!! This tha last one of tha year and I think it gon be pretty dancey again!! Here goes my review for Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2010! Start Time: 7:37 PM | End Time: 9:51 PM


Quick Notes:
1. I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings (if a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much REALLY LOVE it as it’s considered “mindblowin’” when I hear it) so any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating.
To tha artist/producer: Don’t get catchy feelin’s if I don’t like a song on a first listen. Things could change in tha future as I could love it, so you neva know!
2. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song. Anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
3. AL = Anticipation Level
4. MC = Music Choice (wit these letters attached, it adds to MC: D/E = Dance/Electronica (just a D or an E represents tha separate part of tha channel); R = Rap; H = Hitlist; HH&R&B = Hip-Hop And R&B; SOTS = Sounds Of The Seasons)
5. PO = Promo Only
6. iPR = iPartyRadio
7. RE = Radio Edit
8. PFM = Party FM
9. PB = Perfect Beat
10. MS = MySpace
11. YT = YouTube
12. FB = Facebook
13. IC = In-consideration (of playing tha song)
14. HM = Hit mixer
15. Any other initials usually relate to tha artist/song I’m currently reviewin’.
16. DvD = Dance vs. Dance (meanin’ a Dance artist covered/remade another Dance artist’s song)

© 2010 CD Review (Review #681) reviewed on 12.02.2010 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. deadmau5 Feat. Sofia Toufa “Sofi Needs A Ladder”
LOL, what a random starting song. I can’t stand/don’t know why MCE STILL plays tha shit outta “GNS”! They got—now four different versions and they started playin’ it April 2009; c’mon… I think it sounds hella cool though. I like tha vocals and what’s goin’ on here wit tha content and beat, too. I’m really startin’ to like all these songs comin’ out wit titles that don’t appear in tha songs themselves. :tu Seemed kinda short for all tha interest, lol… My Current Rating: 4.2


02. Zoë Badwi “Freefallin’”
WHAT A FUCKIN’ HUGE—‘BOUT TO BE—SONG!!! Signed wit tha same label as when Wynter Gordon released “Dirty Talk” so I KNOW tha WHOLE Dance world’ll go nuts over this!! I know PFM iz already! We’ll see how much MCD shows it luv!! Prolly one of tha most anticipating-sounding intros in a while wit those HOT-ASS vocals and build-up music!!! This one should go Pop ‘cause of its sound but that’ll prolly be in a while… Tha chorus iz GR8 but I wish tha music was a lil’ stronger in it… My Current Rating: 4.5


03. Santito vs. Block & Crown “Back It Up”
Don’t remember much about tha labels and everything wit tha new songs so that makes it more mysterious! I believe Crown iz Mitch Crown though so this’ll prolly be pretty big in tha Dance world. Let’s see how good it sounds… >>> Sounds like tha build-up Dance sound in tha beginning. Doesn’t sound like tha same vocalist I know but this iz pretty good for a song. Not bad on tha chorus; prolly will be a grower in tha future ‘cause I expect it to have good airplay… Checkin’ tha label now and it’s Robbins; thought it sounded Ultra-like. My Rating: 3.8


04. Beckwith Feat. Ineabell “No Time To Waste”
Robbins’ next-door neighbors on tha sign here (a.k.a. Next Plateau) so this prolly was an oldie (‘cause I know wit Robbins and NP that they sign songs that usually have been out for a while). How will this be vs. #3? >>> Interestin’ start wit tha female vocals. Surprisingly, tha last song had better music and I feel equal about tha vocals when comparing tha last song to this. LOL @ tha echo-soundin’ chorus. What a short chorus, lol? Interestin’ and almost sounds a lil’ Popish, too. LOL, tha bridge iz here and tha song iz only ½way done? Wit that short-ass chorus, it should be a lot shorter? I think all those “no time” background vocals are gettin’ a lil’ repetitive… Aight, I feel that tha Robbins song gets tha win from me vs. this song. LOL, that chorus! My Rating: 3.6


05. Morgan Page Feat. Jan Burton “I’ve Had Friends (Jean Elan Radio Edit)”
Was ‘bout to say, MCD just got this song. However, they put tha mixer as tha featured artist, smh. This sounds a lil’ hotter than what I heard today even though I think they’re tha same versions. Pretty tight lyrics/content here. I now am gettin’ paid for some of tha things I be doin’ (made $105 and counting within tha last two months) so it’s like, “fuck most friends,” lol. I like tha “trends” part in tha chorus, too. My Rating: 4.1


06. Ago “So True”
I expect Ago to release on Robbins but unlike tha last CD (wit tha mixups of Daniela vs. Daniella), Ago’s releasing on Nervous this time. This’ll prolly be real hot; let’s see if I’m right! >>> Interestin’ intro; let’s see what happens… Here come tha hot female vocals; I knew this would be hot! LOL @ tha slow guitar sound @ :58. I feel like this iz pretty interestin’, on a mainstream Dance level. I always think of “Tell Me Where You Are” with Ago so I prolly would’ve been more happy if this was faster. Feelin’ tha quiet part ‘round tha start of 2:00-ish. My Rating: 4.2


07. Jesse McCartney “Shake (Jump Smokers Remix Radio Edit)”
A faster JS mix but I dunno how good this’ll be for me. Maybe if it was Mike Rizzo or someone, then it’d prolly have a chance… >>> Okay, this iz more of a Dance attempt for JS at least… Not that bad; not disappointing either. I like how it took seven songs ‘til a HM came up. Okay, I’m likin’ tha 1:15 – 1:33 part; sounds better than tha Cara Quici song’s beat intermission. My Rating: 3.8


08. Duck Sauce “Barbra Streisand”
ROFL @ this, too! Another MCE song makin’ its way to this CD, ROFL!! :rofl For some reason, I guess ‘cause of how tha song sounds, I, just, am addicted to this song, lol! Tha only lyrics are “Barbra Streisand” and that beat’s just, lol… My Current Rating: 3.9


09. KGB “Madhouse (Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Radio Mix)”
Let’s HIT THA JACKPOT wit dis one!!! >>> Sounds like it has a mainstream vibe to it in tha mix and sounds real hot as soon as tha 1st verse starts! Pretty cool soundin’ and tha chorus iz pretty club-ish; good shit here… Tha rest of this iz definitely hot, too! Really feelin’ how tha chorus sounds! Lookin’ forward ta this bein’ big for me (I hope—hopefully, I don’t have all kinds of shit to be behind in) for 2011!! My Rating: 4.4


10. Faithless “Tweak Your Nipple”
ROFL @ this title!! :rofl Been waitin’ ta hear this!! >>> Glad to hear a comeback and tha good club sound in tha beat here! Interestin’ shit here, lol… Tha beat got a lil’ hotter at 2:09 finally, lol. How it sounds at 2:39 should’ve been how it sounded when tha 2nd verse started. But, it’s good; can’t eva expect anything bad/negative! My Rating: 4.3


½time: This iz pretty good for a PO so far! Sounds like a bunch of mainstream Dance songs but soundin’ good ta me! A nice 4.1 iz tha CD rating so far; let’s keep it up!!


11. Katherine Ellis & Addict DJs “I’m Coming Out”
I see Next Plateau on tha signin’ here and have a feelin’ (‘cause of tha title lookin’ like Diana Ross’s song) that this gon be Disco-ish… >>> Sounds good for a start here; lol, where’s her screamin’ vocals? Okay, I hear them growin’ at :26 as well as tha music soundin’ pretty nice here! Doesn’t sound Disco-ish but very Dance-ish! Tha music has—like a Klaas sound to it, only a lil’ hotter. Another hot-soundin’, mainstream Dance song for this CD; keep ‘em up! My Rating: 4.3


12. Nelly Furtado “Night Is Young (Manhattan Clique Radio Edit)”
Been waitin’ to hear this 134 BPM mix. MCD got tha Frankmusik mix and I first was like, “where’s this fast Dance song comin’ from,” and realized it was NF. I guess both this and that mix are fast ‘cause of tha fast-Pop original version. This iz a pretty catchy comeback song, too; let’s hear if this iz a better mix! >>> This gives me more of a better Dance feel so I feel better wit this mix although tha other one’s good, too. Okay, tha chorus iz DEFINITELY on a Dance level here! Wish I would hear this kinda shit in real Dance songs!!! DEFINITELY interestin’ tha whole way through!! My Rating: 4.4


13. Mask Munkeys “This Night (Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Radio Edit)”
REALLY keepin’ it consistent here!!! But, I have a feelin’ ‘bout this one ‘cause I heard it in a mixshow on MCD, I think… >>> From tha previous song, it’s now ALL about tha HOT, consistent mixes!!! I don’t exactly remember if this iz tha same-soundin’ song but this iz definitely hot. I’m feelin’ tha MR mix here and tha vocals make it sound catchy, too. :tu My Rating: 4.2


14. Tony Moran Feat. Ultra Naté “Destination (WaWa Radio Edit)”
Look at dis HOT collaboration and mix, too!! This should be nuts; really anticipatin’ all these comebacks!!! >>> Tha music sounds A+ for tha beginning and UN has a REAL GR8 sound here!! Sounds even hotter than tha TM&WR mix earlier on this CD!! Very hot here; so far, tha best song on this CD! :tu REAL GLAD for all these three to hook up and make a REAL HOT song!!! My Rating: 4.8


15. Robbie Rivera Feat. Jerique Allan “We Live For The Music (Tiësto Radio Edit)”
Finally, a faster-soundin’ Tiësto! Let’s see how this tri-collab gon go, lol. >>> And, this iz MUCH better for tha intro! LOL, thought MCD would NEVER stop playin’ “Feel It In My Bones”, lol! Vocals are aight here but tha “music” iz tight! Good all tha way through!! My Rating: 4.2


16. Passion Pit “Sleepyhead (WaWa Radio Edit)”
Even though tha TM and UN song was MUCH HOTTER, this was able to hold it down for me for this semester (since September)! A lil’ late on PO (‘cause MCD has been playin’ it a lot) but glad ta see another hot song on here!! Tight beat, good subject, weird-ish vocals, but it all comes together HOT! Sometimes, it’s always about tha HOT-ASS beat that just gets me to play/like tha song a lot and this one did it for me! My Current Rating: 4.3


17. Avatars “The Air”
Uh oh, this whole CD hasn’t disappointed, yet, but here comes an Ultra/115 BPM song… Kinda afraid to hear this; let’s see how much this sux… >>> Well, not sucky; kinda acceptable here wit tha pretty good beat… Sounds like somethin’ that would “air” (lol) on my college station but they prolly won’t get it ‘cause they don’t play Ultra Records stuff… Pretty catchy chorus, too; nothin’ disappointin’ at all… My Rating: 3.7


18. Ela Wardi “If You Could Read My Mind”
I see Next Plateau on tha signin’ again, which iz a plus. But, now, I think we have an official remake. Betta yet, Dance vs. Dance? >>> Yup, I was right. It’s good to have this 2010/2011 style. I remember when Pop stations actually played tha ‘90s version for a couple years. Too bad they don’t bring back oldies and just stick to tha last few years. This iz good but why does tha older songs have faster beats and tha newer ones are just at regular pace? My Rating: 4.0


19. Prata vs. Nevins Feat. Jerry Robinson “Gimme The Beat (Bootleg Edit)”
ROFL, this made its way to PO again? Who would’ve thought? Maybe it’ll really be Dance this time, lol? I wanna get outta this year, not bring it into next year, lol!! >>> ROFL, tha original was like more Pop and this iz more Rhythm; no Dance in it once again, lol… Who iz tha featured artist? ROFL, tha featured artist iz a rapper; how random!! This iz just as good as tha original. My rating’s a lil’ lower this time ‘cause of how this just popped up again, randomly. Again, I don’t see it really makin’ any impact, unfortunately. My Rating: 3.5


20. The Angry Kids Feat. Nik Kershaw “Wouldn’t It Be Good (So You Radio Edit)”
Last song of tha year; how will it turn out? >>> Not catchin’ on too much… I think this iz a remake to an R&B song? Either that or a Dance song from, like, tha ‘90s; don’t exactly remember… Barely any feedback from me. :( My Rating: 3.1
EDIT: Just did some research online and NK was tha original artist in tha ‘80s, lol? Plus, I YT’d and saw that Cascada did a version. That’s prolly how I remembered it in tha first place.


Overall: Got kinda weird towards tha end but for tha most part, DEFINITE PLUS to this CD!! I forgot, I gotta do tha year-end PO version of my top songs, too. Good thing it’s Thursday night, lol.


Rankings:

20.       The Angry Kids Feat. Nik Kershaw “Wouldn’t It Be Good (So You Radio Edit)” 3.1
19.       Prata vs. Nevins Feat. Jerry Robinson “Gimme The Beat (Bootleg Edit)” 3.5
18.       Beckwith Feat. Ineabell “No Time To Waste” 3.6
17.       Avatars “The Air” 3.7
16.       Jesse McCartney “Shake (Jump Smokers Remix Radio Edit)” 3.8
15.       Santito vs. Block & Crown “Back It Up” 3.8
14.       Duck Sauce “Barbra Streisand” 3.9
13.       Ela Wardi “If You Could Read My Mind” 4.0
12.       Morgan Page Feat. Jan Burton “I’ve Had Friends (Jean Elan Radio Edit)” 4.1
11.        Ago “So True” 4.2
10.       Robbie Rivera Feat. Jerique Allan “We Live For The Music (Tiësto Radio Edit)” 4.2
09.       Mask Munkeys “This Night (Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Radio Edit)” 4.2
08.       deadmau5 Feat. Sofia Toufa “Sofi Needs A Ladder” 4.2
07.       Faithless “Tweak Your Nipple” 4.3
06.       Passion Pit “Sleepyhead (WaWa Radio Edit)” 4.3
05.       Katherine Ellis & Addict DJs “I’m Coming Out” 4.3
04.       KGB “Madhouse (Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Radio Mix)” 4.4
03.   Nelly Furtado “Night Is Young (Manhattan Clique Radio Edit)” 4.4
02.   Zoë Badwi “Freefallin’” 4.5
01.   Tony Moran Feat. Ultra Naté “Destination (WaWa Radio Edit)” 4.8


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              81.3
Total Songs:              / 20
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.1


Top-Rated 2010 PO Current Song Rankings:

12.       Kyara “One Last Moment (Karmatronic Radio Remix)” 4.1 (originally a 4.7)
11.        Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina “Stereo Love” 4.4 (originally a 4.7)
10.       Celia “My Story” 4.5 (originally a 4.6)
09.       Afrojack Feat. Eva Simons “Take Over Control” 4.5 (originally a 4.8)
08.       Selena Gomez & The Scene “Naturally (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 4.6 (originally a 4.8)
07.       Mason Feat. DMC & Sam Sparro “Corrected (Mason Radio Edit)” 4.7 (originally a 4.7)
06.       Get-Far Feat. H-Boogie “The Radio (DJ Ross & Alessandro Viale Edit)” 4.7 (originally a 4.6)
05.       Tony Moran Feat. Ultra Naté “Destination (WaWa Radio Edit)” 4.8 (no current change)
04.       Sun “Fancy Free (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 4.8 (originally a 4.7)
03.   Kim Leoni “Emergency” 4.9 (originally a 5.0)
02.   Mayra Veronica “If You Wanna Fly (Funk Generation Radio Edit)” 4.9 (originally a 5.0)
01.   Niamh Egan “You’re The One” 5.0 (originally a 5.0)


Don’t know why I made Kyara my top song for August when really, it wound up being “Till Tonight”. Had bad luck wit tha song ‘cause of me playin’ it in September, when free time got real hectic wit college and I didn’t realize she was tha same singer on “Kill For Love” from Ramon Zerano from 2007, which those times were bad luck. “Stereo Love” got really played so I lost a lil’ touch on it. I was glad “The Radio” got its show of gr8 airplay; never got sick of it. “Fancy Free” got screwed on MCD. They had it in late night from Feb – March and then a month later, they stuck it in late night, where it currently iz at right now. I never got sick of it. Tha top 3 was tough… I didn’t think “If You Wanna Fly” was as successful as it was but got kinda sad when it died out, which made me like a touch better than “Emergency”. “You’re The One” could’ve done better wit me but it still had that GR8 quality, bein’ my best top-rated PO song of 2010.