FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Monday, December 28, 2015

Review #1,489: Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2016

Reviewed on 12.28.2015 (Review #1,489)


What a surprise that I got in tha mail! It’s Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2016, and this iz my review! I say a surprise ‘cause PO forgot to update their Ship Dates on their site for Dance Radio! Now, it appeared in tha mail before I could see a ship date! Luv when that happens! Also, I believe this only tha 2nd January PO that I’ve reviewed in December! Tha 2007 January CD I was able to review before tha year ended, so this followin’ that moment up!! Usually, January CDs are only okay, but somethin’ tells me this one gon be better than most January CDs (maybe not tha ’07 one ‘cause tha ’07 one had a lotta power and classics on it)!! So, without further or do, let’s do this! Most-likely my final review of 2015, too!! Start Time: 7:12 PM | End Time: 8:59 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2015 CD Review (Review #1,489) reviewed on 12.28.2015 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Avicii feat. Zac Brown “Broken Arrows (M-22 Remix Edit)”
Kickin’ off tha year 2016 with an Avicii song; at least it’s a dance artist! And, maybe, country? I see uncredited vocals from Zac Brown, here, with a different remix… Here we go! PRMD, Island & Republic in tha building!! >>> Yeah, very country-like with tha vocals, here… I’ono, will somethin’ come hot outta this? Kinda likin’ it, regardless; just hope for a big drop or somethin’… With its country sound, it literally could sound like how this great, excellent girl, Destiny, used to work at my job. Now, as of yesterday, just quit on us! It’s like, what was so bad? So, here’s to you, ‘countray’ girl!! LOL! Well, tha drop kinda regular, but I’m diggin’ how it’s continuous! It almost feels like 45 seconds long! Kinda feelin’ it a lil’ more thanx to tha 2nd verse, here… My Rating: 3.8


02. Shaun Frank & KSHMR feat. Delaney Jane “Heaven”
One year ago on tha January ’15 CD, I first heard Shaun Frank & Delaney Jane with their Borgeous collab of “This Could Be Love”! So glad D-Jane has come a long way!! Look!! A year later, on tha January ’15 CD, in tha #2 spot again, Shaun Frank & Delaney Jane!! Makes me feel so happy!! Thanx to a Party 105 mixshow spin, I got to hear this and it’s pretty addictive! Just luv tha D-Jane vocals and it’s definitely on some appreciating-tha-trippy shit! Like, “Even Hell’ll feel like Heaven;” I feel like that with my dark, scary moments! They’re “Heaven” to me!! And, unlike tha extended version on Spinnin’s YouTube page, around :55, during tha 1st drop, it’s shorter. I luv how tha drop’s pretty bubbly and just lovin’ this to tha max!! Could be a big one for me fa 2016! Even just got on Music Choice Dance/EDM, recently!! Oh, “Heaven!!” Glad to see each and everyone on here gain power in their sound since last year!! Excellent collab and I luv tha last minute of this! Luv how it slowly ends at tha :30-ending mark!! My Current Rating: 4.7


03. 99 Souls feat. Destiny’s Child & Brandy “The Girl Is Mine”
An interesting collab that I thought would sound better. However, I think it’s unique, but strange at tha same time. Columbia in tha building with this one, and it’s a ‘90s house-soundin’ mashup between Brandy’s part in her ’98 “The Boy Is Mine” with Monica with DC’s 2005’s “Girl”. LOL, a remix was on Music Choice Dance a decade ago, so I can see them lovin’ this, lol! I just dig tha strange vibes with this one, mashin’ up tha songs with tha ’90s-soundin’ beat! My Current Rating: 4.0


04. Florian Picasso “Want It Back (Origami)”
Looks like it gon be a really-strong, hot-like-fire-like vocal track!! Protocol Recordings in tha building, as well as an Italian name? Oh, tha excitement of DANCE music again!!! >>> Sounds like a good start and I’m diggin’ tha chorus, here; definitely nice beat!! Really diggin’ tha sounds and that climax to tha drop’s fire!! Expected somethin’ intense but I think I got a sequel to a “Heaven” drop! It has a pure sound to it, at times; definitely diggin’ tha capital “E”-to-tha-“D”-to-tha-“M”!! Gotta feel this unique song; props, PO! My Rating: 4.5


05. Fono “Real Joy”
Looks like it gon be exciting…, I hope? Ultra on tha signing, but 130 on tha BPM!! >>> Interesting, unique female vocals here… Tha start sounds like it gon be a slow jam, despite 130 BPM? Like, some weird somethin’ mashed together, lol! I’ono, but I’m feelin’ really excited fa this one when it’s :30-somethin’ seconds in!! Hearin’ tha drop and it’s, like, really dry with not much goin’ on. However, I’m diggin’ all these alien-like, trippy-soundin’ sounds! I think it sounds more like a trippy song; definitely could be a late-night theme for me, lol?! Kinda randomness, lost-in-space-type feeling as this continues! Definitely has maintained my interest, on a nice high! Who wouldn’t be high, right now, lol?! I kinda don’t want this trippy song ta end, lol! Nice ending, too! Trippy!! My Rating: 4.4


06. Felix Jaehn feat. Lost Frequencies & Linying “Eagle Eyes (Lucas & Steve Radio Edit)”
I’ono if I seen MTV get this or somethin’, but it’s one of those slowies… Spinnin’ Deep on tha label, here, ta slow……………………………thangz…………………d……o…w…n…, lol!! >>> Unique start with tha sound and I recognize tha chorus… Hearin’ tha 1st verse/vocals and it’s soundin’ pretty nice, ova these pure-soundin’ slow beats! Unique title part and even though a slowie, I’m definitely diggin’ it… Really dry vibe on tha drop, here, but nice music… My Rating: 3.6


07. Disclosure feat. Lorde “Magnets (A-Trak Remix Radio Edit)”
Capitol…; ROFL! Just a decent song at first, but, here we go, tha 1st of two potential songs that could have bad luck with me! This one got hit outta nowhere when I got pulled over for not fully stoppin’ at a stop sign, last Monday! Bad luck when I had this playing on shuffle! Russian roulette? Either way, I’m keepin’ it fa 2015! Mainly like this ‘cause of Lorde but it’s an okay remix; nothin’ too special. However, I’m diggin’ this shorter edit, as it kicks harder! I don’t think this gon be too big, but it really should have tha potential to be! My Current Rating: 4.2


08. Mike Hawkins & Spencer Tarring “Burn The Maps”
I can’t help but to be anticipated fa everything new on here!! There’s no doubt about it!! Megaton on tha label; new label that sounds like it weighs a ton!!! >>> Definitely feelin’ tha buildin’ up of tha music; gotta luv tha anticipation!! Almost gives me a Mako feeling with tha vocals, a lil’… I’ono, but this sounds like tha kinda song that would be playing when it’s hot out? Weird ‘cause we had, like, a 70-degree winter, just a few dayz ago!! Really diggin’ tha kick-ass drop; gotta luv tha energy!! Oh, hearin’ tha 2nd verse and I’m definitely lovin’ this!! Somethin’ special about how this sounds!!! If no one gets this, I can’t believe I have to wait till February to play this!! Seems like such a long wait…, but it’s only five weeks away, kind of!! My Rating: 4.8


09. Candyland feat. RKCB “Speechless”
Seeking Blue on tha label—yes, anotha new one!! Only 123 BPM, here? Must be a deep house one; hope it’s good! >>> I’ono about tha vocals, here; an okay, dry start… Hearin’ tha chorus’ climax and it sounds pretty hot! However, while I had tha previous song on here’s drop in my head/mind, this came through pretty softly, lol. However, I’m definitely diggin’ tha flute on tha 2nd part of tha drop! Overall, I think this gon be a pretty-smooth dance track, regardless… My Rating: 3.7


10. Breathe Carolina & Ryos “More Than Ever”
Ooh @ tha comeback and no mix? Must be full-on dance? Spinnin’ even signed it; interesting…?!? >>> Interesting dance sound, here! Like, it must be a dream… BC tha main artist and it’s very dancey, lol? Was used to tha alt-dance sound from ’11 & ’12. However, this iz pure fire!! Vocalist sounds like Wynter Gordon and it’s a powerful chorus/vocal!! Even a kick-ass drop, too!! Definitely unique, and, of course, from a dream!! ROFL, funny to say that it’s a “beautiful vocal” between these two artists!! Who knew, lol?! My Rating: 4.8


11. Mark F. Angelo & Eric Lumiere “New Day”
Almost thought it was three artists, here, lol… Anotha comeback? Mr. One-Hit-Wonder feature on Filo & Peri’s “Anthem” (11/07 PO)! Was wondering when we—or if so—were to eva hear EL again!! And now, here’s tha time, with Robbins helpin’ out!! >>> Likin’ tha beginning fa some reason, so I expect quite a bit from this! Hearin’ tha vocals and they definitely sound evolved from “Anthem”! Ooh, “Took my clothes off…;” dark, tight stripper music, here, lol? Hearin’ tha chorus and it sounds like a brand-new world, like, a special slice of dance music!! Really diggin’ tha music and lyrics to tha T, here! Of course, with EL on tha vocals, who wouldn’t wanna get nice and so fuckin’ high for this review, lol?! Definitely pure sound in tha 2nd ½ of tha chorus!! Whoo!! Even tha 2nd verse, too; just luvin’ it!! Definitely a real-great debut single fa MFA and excellent, different comeback fa EL!! My Rating: 4.9


½time: Wow, DEFINITELY some HEAT fa a January CD!!! Neva seen it this hot, before, except for, maybe, 2007? But, tha 1st ½ of 2007 wasn’t as hot as this 1st ½; crazy!! Luvin’ a bunch of tha powerful vocal tracks with such great drops, here, and nothin’ terrible, so far!! A 4.3 for tha CD rating, here; can’t wait ta continue!!!


12. Don Diablo & Khrebto “Got The Love”
Not sure if I’m in tha mood for a remake, at tha moment, but it’s only tha start to tha 2nd ½, so if we have ta start it like this, then, it’s okay… Spinnin’, here, with a remake of Florence + The Machine/The xx “You’ve Got The Love”, I believe (version I remember was tha mashup between tha two artists). Anyway, lemme rehear… >>> Yeah, music’s ehh, with it bein’ a remake… Kinda likin’ tha drop, but it’s so easy to tell it’s a double-D drop, lol! Kinda startin’ ta dig tha music a lil’ more, now; can’t complain too much… It’s like, ewe, lol @ them wantin’ to push this remake… My Current Rating: 3.9


13. Tori Kelly “Hollow (Westfunk Radio Edit)”
Kinda anticipatin’ it for a pop remix… SchoolBoy & Capitol on tha label, here… >>> Kinda excited fa this start; I think this’ll be a great pop remix! An okay song, but definitely diggin’ tha chorus’ beat for a pop remix! I’ono, it just sounds hot with her voice! Seems kinda long, but tha time’s slowed down, right now… My Rating: 4.3


14. Steve Angello feat. The Presets “Remember”
Oh, I think this gon be pure heat!! And, it’ll be 8:18 PM while I’m playin’ it (my boy, Percy Keith’s birthday’s 8/18! He even gave me my new stage name, “Frank Calhoune;” exciting!!)! I’m gonna wait one more minute till 8:18!! We got Size on tha label, here; can’t wait ta hear this “powerpiece”—wow, I made a word, lol!! >>> A slow, interesting start; can’t wait ta hear what this turns into!! It’s 8:18!!! It’s 1:20 in and it’s still buildin’ up…? Hmm… Hearin’ a drop finally at 1:43 and it’s pretty nice ta dispel tha long wait! Really-great collaboration, though it definitely needs more powerful beats throughout tha song than just tha dry, anxious parts! Would’ve rated it a lil’ better if there were more high-energy parts! My Rating: 4.1


15. Jay Hardway “Electric Elephants”
This looks like it gon be real exciting!! I can’t help but ta embrace it already!! Follow-up to 2/14’s “Wizard” collab wit Garrix!! Spinnin’ showin’ it luv; leggo!! >>> Sounds like it’s pretty pure within tha first 20 seconds, so far; definitely exciting!! Luvin’ these sounds, of course!!! Thought I might’ve heard this before, like on MTV’s MTV Clubland? I’ono, but somethin’ sounds a lil’ familiar with it… Either way, I’ll still treat it as a brand-new song I’ve neva heard of before!! Just luv its pureness!!! Finally, we get a song with, like, no vocals!! My Rating: 4.8


16. Manufactured Superstars feat. Danni Rouge “Great Escape”
A new joint I just heard on Music Choice Dance tha other day and I have to say, outta all tha MFS songs I’ve heard, this one sounds like it could be tha best of ‘em! Magik Muzik on tha label, here! Lemme give it tha official review listen! >>> Definitely diggin’ tha vocals, here; glad DR keeps ‘em comin’! Also, who doesn’t love escapin’? Nice music throughout tha verse and chorus, here, includin’ its progressin’ drop! Diggin’ it!! I’ono, but I’m in tha mood fa a 4.6! I haven’t givin’ one out on this CD, yet, and I think this one deserves it! Nice job, guys!! My Current Rating: 4.6


17. EDX “Belong”
Hmm…, what to expect with Spinnin’ Deep on tha label, here? Only a 120er… >>> Instant vocal, here, and it’s a male; so far, just decent… At :33, here’s tha chorus and it’s pretty dedicated, though kinda plain… Tha build-up sounded pretty anticipating fa a few seconds, but tha drop really went sour—or “deep,” as we should call it! Nothin’ to hate, but somethin’ to comment on! I dunno what it iz with these 120 BPM drops, but somethin’ ‘90s hits me when they drop, and I can’t 100% hate on ‘em! My Rating: 3.8


18. Sia “Alive (AFSHeeN Remix)”
Not sure what to expect from her, as well as Mr. SHeeN, makin’ his 2nd appearance on a PO after tha 8/12 one! Luv these 2nd-appearing appearances!! RCA, here… >>> Well, definitely not dubstep in tha beginning, lol; that seemed like it had its time… Kinda diggin’ these distorted vocals in tha beginning and lol @ tha slow, 120 BPM music fa Mr. SHeeN, lol! LOL @ tha chorus; really chopped up by tha SHeeN! Interesting; had no clue what ta expect from this one! Definitely mixed-up and a lil’ trippy with how it’s all chopped up and shit, lol! My Rating: 4.2


19. Cedric Gervais feat. Juanes “Este Amor (Spanish)”
LOL @ tha Spanish edit, here, with Mr. Gervais! Unexpected? AfterCluv even signed this! What tha hell ta expect, lol? I just want tight music with weird-ass vocals, lol! >>> Intro music sounds kinda familiar, almost like Xenia Ghali and her “Broken”? Maybe? Kinda sounds like a bonus song fa me, here, lol. Kinda feelin’ tha emotion in tha chorus, here, lol. Definitely feelin’ tha build-up; gives me a “Say My Name” feel!! Definitely likin’ tha drop a whole lot; I feel tha same way I did with “Say My Name”, kind of!! What an excellent drop!!! Don’t even have ta understand it for it to be fulla greatness!! Will an English version get released, lol? Definitely feelin’ this and I can’t believe I’ll be anticipating it!! My Rating: 4.6


20. Carnage feat. Tomas Barfod & Nina Kinert “November Skies”
What a hot song, here!! Even though it has “Skies” in tha title (a different spelling of an artist with that name stole $555 from me, and I hate tha word!!), this definitely a hot one! Just like “Magnets”, this song’s controversy with me’s acceptable fa stayin’ on my playlist! Ultra, here, and lol @ this havin’ a :00 intro, PO! It’s really :24!! Just diggin’ this drum-n-bass, trap-like vibe!! Kinda like how we had AFSHeen, earlier, that distant-from-dance vibe’s back with this one! Gotta luv those crazy, fast beats!! Each part of tha song seems different; lots of nice breakdowns! Too bad this tha clean version, so tha whole entire ending’s cut off (only at tha 2nd verse and only 50 seconds’ left? Damn…) ‘cause there’s a lot more versatile sounds and breakdowns as it continues! And, damn, PO! You list it as a “Cold” ending but it’s pretty-much a complete “Fade!” LOL! Like, I thought tha breakdowns were gonna be shorter on this edit but it was just tha original length, faded at 3:21, lol! What an ending! BTW, how they came up with this “November Skies” title, I’ono! Story of my life how a “Skies” title came back!! My Current Rating: 4.6


21. DJ Snake feat. Bipolar Sunshine “Middle”
Expectin’ a slow PO ending, here… Not even a mix with this one, lol? Interscope, here… >>> I’ono if I’ll call it a true dance/EDM song/sound, but it’s more on tha trippy tip with these vocals… It’s almost like this could’ve been in tha reggae world, like, a hidden secret with an EDM influence! Drop and music’s so dry, here; can’t take it serious, lol! Unfortunately, this looks like this gon be my least-favorite on this CD… If it took this long fa a song with a below-3.5 rating, then that’s still excellent! My Current Rating: 3.3


22. Kygo feat. Maty Noyes “Stay”
Ultra, again, on a PO; lots of appearances this time! And, endin’ it off with a pure-soundin’ DJ, though usually never tha highest-rated one from me… How will we end this CD? Even if this goes bad, I have to say, I had a blast!! >>> Kinda sounds like a pop song, a lil’; not too bad… LOL, at :38, here comes Kygo cryin’ for help!! It’s like, “Help!! I need to figure out how to boost Frank Calhoune’s rating!!,” lol! Well, for tha 4th time, that sound captured me tha most outta this song! Excellent chorus and not too bad of a vibe!! Great job teamin’ up with anotha female, Kygo!! My Rating: 4.0


Overall: Wow, I really felt this CD was off tha fuckin’ chain!! What an excellent one ta start tha year off, which I hope gon be a really-special leap year!! You already know tha even-number years are tha big years of change fa me!! Can’t wait ta see what next year has ta offer!! Until then, I’ll just live these final three dayz of 2015 up and get them ova with! This year had a lotta great, interesting moments, but I had to surpass my brother’s death to get through tha year. Lucky for me, all of my great moments, especially with dance/EDM music, have helped me get through this year, to where I could have exciting moments, still! With that bein’ said, good goin’, PO!!


Rankings:

22.       DJ Snake feat. Bipolar Sunshine “Middle” 3.3
21.       Felix Jaehn feat. Lost Frequencies & Linying “Eagle Eyes (Lucas & Steve Radio Edit)” 3.6 (damn, almost last!)
20.       Candyland feat. RKCB “Speechless” 3.7
19.       Avicii feat. Zac Brown “Broken Arrows (M-22 Remix Edit)” 3.8
18.       EDX “Belong” 3.8
17.       Don Diablo & Khrebto “Got The Love” 3.9
16.       Kygo feat. Maty Noyes “Stay” 4.0 (16 4.0’z!!)
15.       99 Souls feat. Destiny’s Child & Brandy “The Girl Is Mine” 4.0
14.       Steve Angello feat. The Presets “Remember” 4.1 (could’ve been way better!)
13.       Sia “Alive (AFSHeeN Remix)” 4.2
12.       Disclosure feat. Lorde “Magnets (A-Trak Remix Radio Edit)” 4.2
11.        Tori Kelly “Hollow (Westfunk Radio Edit)” 4.3
10.       Fono “Real Joy” 4.4
09.       Florian Picasso “Want It Back (Origami)” 4.5
08.       Manufactured Superstars feat. Danni Rouge “Great Escape” 4.6 (wow, eight songs with 4.6+!!)
07.       Carnage feat. Tomas Barfod & Nina Kinert “November Skies” 4.6
06.       Cedric Gervais feat. Juanes “Este Amor (Spanish)” 4.6
05.       Shaun Frank & KSHMR feat. Delaney Jane “Heaven” 4.7 (can’t believe it’s 5th!! Almost thought it was gon be an easy #1!)
04.       Breathe Carolina & Ryos “More Than Ever” 4.8
03.   Mike Hawkins & Spencer Tarring “Burn The Maps” 4.8
02.   Jay Hardway “Electric Elephants” 4.8
01.   Mark F. Angelo & Eric Lumiere “New Day” 4.9


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      93.6
Total Songs:                      / 22
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.3


Wow, a whole entire point higher than tha previous CD fa tha total score! Such an excellent Top 6!! Had no idea how my 4.8’s were gonna turn out, but I think that’s tha order they should be in! Each one had its own different level of pureness, pureness in which I really felt, to tha extreme!! Big ups to tha #1 with tha EL comeback hittin’ hard!! That and #03 give me almost tha same exact vibe, but “New Day” came and conquered!! Can’t imagine what we gon have in store fa 2016; so excited!! Can neva give up on music!!