FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Monday, March 9, 2020

Review #1,925: Promo Only: Dance Radio April 2020

Reviewed on 3.09.2020 (Review #1,925)


It’s that time of tha month, again! Promo Only: Dance Radio April 2020 iz here (tha 4/20 edition)! Peeped out tha tracklist & I got to hear quite a bit of these songs, within tha last two weeks. Still, they’re nice & fresh out tha oven, so let’s see how they all do, competin’ against each other, here…! Start Time: 5:56 PM | End Time: 7:38 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2020 CD Review (Review #1,925) reviewed on 3.09.2020 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Bruno Martini, Avian Grays & TRIXL feat. Mayra “Save Me”
Label: Aftercluv
Excited ta know that this iz 1st! One of tha newbies on tha list & on here, now…! Last year, got ta hear Mayra for tha 1st time on “Shameless” (Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano x Bruno Martini feat. her) & now, here’s this…! A lil’ dry/laidback with tha singin’/vocals, here, but it sounds like a dope combination, regardless. You know this tha shit when “Ned Flanders” comes on Music Choice Rap, outta nowhere (TYO!!)! But yeah, couldn’t figure out tha tight-soundin’ drop but it’s samplin’ good-ole “Better Off Alone”, throwin’ me off fa a second…! Nice job wit tha beats & track, overall; all y’all rock! My Current Rating: 4.5


02. The Him feat. ROE “Hurts So Good”
Label: Spinnin’
Speakin’ of singles from last year, here’s anotha vocalist from a track from last year’s non-PO appearances (ROE—“Sparking My Fire” w/SACHI). Now, we got this; nice lil’ combo, between tha two artists…! Likin’ this one a lil’ more than Him’s previous single, as well as likin’ these free times, more! More laidback-soundin’ female singin’, here, with tha tight beats…! Glad ROE “still gon fight,” as far as…, um…, good scores, lol? More “good” vibes, overall… My Current Rating: 4.3


03. John Lynx feat. Angel Taylor “Because Of You”
Label: Careless
Just gonna get into it; which one will appear, lol? >>> Oh shit, a new track I neva heard!! From remembering tha tracklist, iz this tha Kat Nestel feature? *Checks, while tries to get a shmoked-out uplift…!* Oh shit, almost seemed like that, in a way; this sounds nice. I really am feelin’ tha energy wit tha beats & drop, here! Also, Angel wit tha great-soundin’, upliftin’ vocals…!! Sometimes, it’s cool to fool my brain wit tha guesses, but that’s what makes things better, at times…! That means, we still have anotha huge, potential banger…!! My Rating: 4.9


04. GATTÜSO feat. Kat Nestel “Walk On Water”
Label: Ultra
I neva really hear myself “lol,” ol (lol, how ‘bout those letters?), but I laughed ‘cause tha next one seems to be my guess from tha last song…! Only this time, instead of hearin’, I took a second to see what I was gonna run into… Well, as mentioned from tha previous song, it looks like I’m lookin’ forward ta this, especially tha Kattastic comeback…! >>> Sounds like a nice lil’ starting point fa this track, includin’ tha catchy pre-chorus! Tha chorus pretty nice; likin’ tha excitin’ build-up & tha drop definitely sounds pretty dope! Glad there’s no disappointin’, so far, as well as tha 1st four tracks are 128 BPM, lol? When was tha last time there was a starting consistent pace like that? Tha rest nice; definitely nice, as it might be my 2nd-rated track on this CD…! My Rating: 4.8


05. Galantis & Hook N Sling feat. Dotan “Never Felt A Love Like This”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Thought this would’ve been our crowning #1 track on this CD but look where we at, now! Sometimes, tha big Gz (Galantis) can have okay, catchy tracks but then, there can be this slower stuff, with big drops! Though sometimes, tha slowness can take away ta get to tha golden sound, this one’s worth it. I like how tha male vocals lay it down, here, makin’ me feel patient to wait fa that big drop, ya dig…?! My Current Rating: 4.7


06. Jessie Reyez “Love In The Dark (Dzeko Remix Radio Edit)”
Label: Island
One that’s currently spinnin’ in tha world, though I decided to hold off on this one, fa now. We’ll see if this tha push ta make it break through, wit me? My vibe lets out as a pop song, remixed, here. Either way, as far as a better listen… >>> Tha 1st verse sounds a lil’ nice wit tha music & how Jess sounds… Tha chorus pretty nice & anthemic, though tha drop ain’t as dance-powerful as tha previous four songs on here… It’s kinda, like, on a “Hurts So Good” tip, tho that one’s betta. It’s more of a focus of a certain sound than tha whole drop…? We’ll see if this one has betta growth with me, later on; not sure… My Rating: 3.8


07. Justin Mylo feat. Raphaella “I Wanna Fall In Love”
Label: STMPD
Looks good, especially that, when it entered Music Choice Dance, recently, I had a feelin’ a new PO was on tha way. Now, we here! >>> This one sounds nice; not much ta really say ‘bout it, so far… Chorus sounds catchy, includin’ tha semi-cheesy/catchy “do-do-do-do;” drop beats sound good… They’re in tha middle of behind anthemic & above decent. Just thinkin’ ‘bout it: Raph takes tha “do” not just as a sung note but a connection with, “I know you do;” get it? Kinda like vocal-choppin’ on tha drop; definitely interestin’… My Rating: 4.1


08. Afrojack feat. Ally Brooke “All Night”
Label: Wall/Spinnin’
As much as tha mainstream radio ate up Jack’s “Ten Feet Tall”, they should eat this one up, too! Definitely a nice lil’ combo from these two! Pre-chorus slams & then, tha chorus definitely uplifts with that “infinite high!” Not too sure when I’ll boost its play value with me, but now, for each spin, it seems like somethin’ nice! Keep slammin’ them beatz, Jack! Keep feelin’ tha “infinite high,” on tha tracks, Ally! My Current Rating: 4.6


09. Zookëper feat. Carla Monroe “Rain Drops”
Label: Robbins
Good ta hear anotha Këper track, as well as anotha Robbins track! Likin’ how sometimes, you don’t expect a track/collab to come outta nowhere, just like this one! I think these two do a great job on tha track, includin’ those consistent Këper beats! Great vocal vibes from Car-Roe, lol (I only made that name up, just now, by combinin’ her name); anotha nice vocal-chopped drop by tha Këper, too! I like how tha 1st drop has less beats goin’ on & then, all tha beats come through! That’s how a Këper does it! My Current Rating: 4.7


10. Conro “Fighters”
Label: Monstercat
Here’s a comeback from Mr. Conro (rhymin’ with/almost soundin’ like tha Car-Roe name I made up, lol)… What will we have, here, ta be cleaned up? Let’s see… >>> Sounds like a laidback, cool-soundin’ vibe, here… Almost sounds like a faster version of mainstream radio, with how he comin’ through wit it, here… Thought it was gon be slower, due to tha clean mix, but it has a great way ta pump da beats! Catchy lil’ track, vocals & lyrics, as well as tha dope beats! Definitely sounds betta than I woulda predicted, especially that drop!! My Rating: 4.5


11. Diplo & SIDEPIECE “On My Mind”
Label: Higher Ground/Mad Decent
Lol, wouldn’t’ve thought of immediately addin’ it, but it seems like it wants that push… Not much luv fa Dip’s song from last year, wit Tove Lo (“Win Win”)? Too bad it ain’t have tha push like this… I’ono about this deep-house vibe wit him; kinda dry & repetitive, though that lil’ vocalizin’ break can be candy ta me, lol… Lol, a slight wake-up with tha final drop? Just one lil’ sound ta transition, while I thought it was a full-on drop…! My Current Rating: 3.6


½time: Definitely somethin’ ta look forward to, as tha warm weather reels in…! Thought I was gon know every single song but a good amount already impressed me, to tha fullest! Err-body pitched in fa a 4.4 average CD rating, for tha ½time; time ta keep goin’! Tha full-time job iz less than two hours away; gotta get it in…!


12. Shanguy “Désolée (Paris/Paname) (NRD1 Remix)”
Label: Robbins
Got ta hear tha original & I think it’s supa dope that Robbins iz behind this one, as well as it bein’ a French/non-American track! It takes me back to a Romanian-like vibe, tho I would be surprised if America would consider a new, non-English/Spanish track/vibe… We’ll see; there’s always me to support…! Neva heard tha remix; let’s hear it…! >>> Likin’ how it keeps a good portion of tha original’s sound, to make it more upbeat…! Oh, definitely lovin’ how tha chorus sounds with tha drop/effects! Tha better sound of deep-housin’ than tha Diplo track…! Really feelin’ this chick/group’s vocals, as well as them pushin’ a nice lil’ non-American/French sound, here…! My Rating: 4.8


13. Doja Cat “Say So (Jax Jones Midnight Snack Remix)”
Label: Kemosabe/RCA
Know of this Cat; I know she’s got rappin’ goin’ on, singin’, dance beats—everything? >>> Sounds like a quiet lil’ vibe in tha 1st verse, here… Not too bad wit tha chorus; a lil’ soft? Jax hits tha drop & tha bass mainly increases? Kinda dry, for a dance vibe, but it’s still pumpin’… Right as tha middle of tha track hits, tha transition sounds so unexpected; Jax, did you count your barz, lol? Just warped right back to tha beginning, it seemed like… Either way, not bad; we’ll see how it does, later on… My Rating: 3.5


14. Meduza feat. SHELLS “Born To Love”
Label: Defected
One that’s slowly appearin’, right nah… I thought tha previous set of Meduza songs were catchier, as this Defected one sounds a lil’ dry… Still, a good lil’ female-vocal track; just not as catchy as tha previous Meduza tracks… My Current Rating: 3.9


15. Alicia Keys “Time Machine (Cedric Gervais Remix)”
Label: RCA
Let’s see how Mrs. Keys can come through wit Gervais, here… >>> Kinda sounds like a slightly-betta beat of tha Meduza one… Seems like an up or a down with this one; don’t see too much catchiness with tha vocals. Then again, sometimes, tha music can be a lil’ catchy, as well as tha lyrics? I don’t think this gon really do well, in tha dance world; I think tha hit-mixed remixed dayz are in tha drought, today? My Rating: 3.1


16. DJ D-Sol feat. Hayley May “Electric”
Label: Payback/Big Beat
Once again, D-Sol makes a step in tha right direction! Tha remakin’/cover thing ain’t tha way ta go; this tha way ta be!! Also, Hayley May steps forward in tha features, finally…! Good ta know; great “Electric” energy, here! Excellent job wit tha vocals & beat combination, you two! My Current Rating: 4.6


17. Martin Garrix feat. Clinton Kane “Drown”
Label: RCA
Got a lil’ sample of this one, recently, tho I didn’t really catch on to it? >>> Yeah, a lil’ iffy wit these vocals; beats are a lil’ dry, as well… Drop’s kinda plain; nothin’ real catchy comin’ outta it… I don’t really have much ta say; maybe, a remix’ll come, one day? My Rating: 2.4


18. Halsey “you should be sad (Tiësto Remix Radio)”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
I’ono if she’ll be able ta pull it off? >>> It’s not too bad; a decent remix vibe, though hit-mixed dance tracks aren’t tha way ta be, these dayz, fa me… With tha chorus, I mainly like tha “may-e-aye-e-ad” part; that’s mainly it. Drop sounds cool; just sounds like an extra song ta have… My Rating: 3.4


19. Midnight Kids “Last Time”
Label: RCA
Thought they was gon “run” with their last song, since it was startin’ ta pick up tha pace, everywhere. This one’s out there, already & it sounds good; tha other song was catchier, even tho this one’s a lil’ faster in tha drop… Last song’s vocalist got revealed as Annika Wells; who will this one be? Overall, drop sounds good with those beats & tha track/vocals are good/not bad, here… My Current Rating: 4.0


20. Nicky Romero “Stay”
Label: Protocol
Forgot there were still new tracks by big DJs, as tha pace was gettin’ slower… Lookin’ forward ta seein’ what comes outta this one…! >>> Sounds okay; might need to grow with me. Anotha song where tha female vocals are a mystery; that kinda hurts my interest, when it comes to makin’ songs big. I always like to see a face… I’ono if this’ll be that great, in tha dance world… Not much ta really say; vocals are str8 & beats could be better, if they were faster… My Rating: 2.7


21. Lodato “Good”
Label: Source
This a much-catchier slow one fa me, here… Yeah, a slow & different vibe fa Mr. Dato, as well as an unlisted vocalist, though I believe it’s RANI…! Sounds like her & this vibe’s pretty nice, I’ll admit. I guess they make tha vibe “Good?!” Kinda sounds like a newer version of “Post Malone”, no less (RANtastic?). We’ll see how big this one turns out ta be, in tha dance world…; anotha great (secret) collab! My Current Rating: 4.2


22. The Chainsmokers feat. Kygo “Family (Frank Walker Remix)”
Label: Disruptor/Columbia
Got a remix ta end it off… >>> Sounds like okay verses, though tha drop got some energy… Kinda liked tha original better, though it’s good ta have a faster vibe…! Not much ta really say; good bonus, I guess? My Rating: 3.7


Overall: Tha average CD rating may’ve dropped but I enjoyed this edition a lot! Love when tha vibe knows when my future continuously stays bright! I feel tha warmth comin’; let’s keep it goin’! Off ta tha full-timer I go…!


Rankings:

22. Martin Garrix feat. Clinton Kane “Drown” 2.4
21. Nicky Romero “Stay” 2.7
20. Alicia Keys “Time Machine (Cedric Gervais Remix)” 3.1
19. Halsey “you should be sad (Tiësto Remix Radio)” 3.4
18. Doja Cat “Say So (Jax Jones Midnight Snack Remix)” 3.5
17. Diplo & SIDEPIECE “On My Mind” 3.6
16. The Chainsmokers feat. Kygo “Family (Frank Walker Remix)” 3.7
15. Jessie Reyez “Love In The Dark (Dzeko Remix Radio Edit)” 3.8
14. Meduza feat. SHELLS “Born To Love” 3.9
13. Midnight Kids “Last Time” 4.0
12. Justin Mylo feat. Raphaella “I Wanna Fall In Love” 4.1
11. Lodato “Good” 4.2
10. The Him feat. ROE “Hurts So Good” 4.3
09. Conro “Fighters” 4.5
08. Bruno Martini, Avian Grays & TRIXL feat. Mayra “Save Me” 4.5
07. Afrojack feat. Ally Brooke “All Night” 4.6
06. DJ D-Sol feat. Hayley May “Electric” 4.6
05. Zookëper feat. Carla Monroe “Rain Drops” 4.7
04. Galantis & Hook N Sling feat. Dotan “Never Felt A Love Like This” 4.7
03. GATTÜSO feat. Kat Nestel “Walk On Water” 4.8
02. Shanguy “Désolée (Paris/Paname) (NRD1 Remix)” 4.8
01. John Lynx feat. Angel Taylor “Because Of You” 4.9


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      88.8
Total Songs:                      / 22
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.0