FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, July 7, 2024

Review #2,054: Promo Only "Dance Radio August 2024"

Reviewed on 7.07.2024 (Review #2,054)
 
 
I’m on a road trip, comin’ from my dad’s in Charlotte, NC; I stopped in Mount Sidney, VA, in my car, to go use tha bathroom at a rest stop. However, I’m stayin’ in tha car to review Promo Only Dance Radio August 2024, while parked! I already drove 300 miles & have a lil’ more than 300 to go, till I get home! As far as Hawaii, thanx to all tha awesome dance music of today, I considered it “magical” & “wonderful.” Such an awesome experience & I hope this edition keeps tha best vibes of today comin’ along…! Start Tyme: 6:44 AM | End Tyme: 8:08 AM
 
 
Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometymes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…
 
© 2024 Review (Review #2,054) reviewed on 7.07.2024 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.
 
 
01. Steve Aoki feat. Ne-Yo “Heavenly Hell (Dark Intensity Radio Edit)”
Label: Dim Mak
Awesome to see Aoki, Dark Intensity & a 140 BPM-paced track to start off this edition, now that I’m my new age! Not tha most anticipated for Ne-Yo as tha vocalist, but we’ll see what this fastness do…! >>> Sounds like a promising intro, with tha music… Sounds okay with Ne-Yo comin’ through on tha 1st verse… Long 1st verse, as I wasn’t sure when I was expectin’ tha chorus… Hearin’ tha chorus & I’m diggin’ tha anthemic vibes of tha fastness, courtesy of DI! Definitely awesomeness with tha drop, as I wanna say this iz one of Ne-Yo’s best features in dance, due to tha speed! Tha speed overshadows tha low anticipation I have to hear him… Hearin’ tha 2nd verse & it’s ehh…, just okay, just like tha 1st verse. Seems like a toss between an awesome production, musically, tho not my favorite type of vocal track… My Rating: 4.0
 
 
02. Duke & Jones “Where Did You Go”
Label: Duke & Jones
Bring it, guys… >>> Likin’ tha female, here, on tha vocals… Sounds like a decent lil’ chorus & a dry drop that’s not too-too boring… I’m likin’ tha part with tha “bad habit” & tha “lesson,” after tha chorus… Sounds like a great track! Wonder who that female may be…? This sounds like an above-average house track, overall; nice job, altogether! My Rating: 4.1
 
 
03. The Blessed Madonna, Daniel Wilson & Kon feat. Yuki Kanesa “Count On My Love”
Label: Major/Warner
Dunno; can’t tell if I should accept anticipation… >>> Beginning sounds a lil’ far from what I’d really appreciate in dance… Soundin’ slightly better with tha long beat intro… Then, these male R&B-like vocals come in & I can’t give ‘em my props. Icky “love” part!! Not feelin’ tha chorus or drop, even tho it seems all for granted, with tha way that whistling surpasses tha drop… My Rating: 1.4
 
 
04. Tritonal & Kuala “From The Inside”
Label: Enhanced
Hoping for a good one… >>> Likin’ tha slow start, includin’ this Kuala newbie… Sounds like somethin’ promising, all tha way around…! Sounds like a good chorus, too; props on this slow one…! Sounds like some good lyrics with “gold” coming outta tha 2nd verse, for these summer tymes… Tha rest of this ain’t too bad, as tha chorus comes on with tha drop, again. My Rating: 4.2
 
 
05. Hii Spirits feat. Rromarin “2young”
Label: broke/Lowly.
Looks like it can be interesting… Hope so…! >>> Sounds a lil’ nice & smooth, between these vocals & tha music… Sounds like a good pre-chorus, following a quieter chorus… I don’t feel like knockin’ it, so I’ll continue to give it props, after props… Likin’ tha 2nd ½ of tha chorus with that bass kick part… Tha 2nd verse sounds like a good verse, like tha 1st verse… She’s quietly ready for an “addiction”-type vibe…! My Rating: 4.1
 
 
06. PAWSA feat. Nate Dogg “PICK UP THE PHONE”
Label: PAWZ/Arista
Been seein’ this one out there… Love me some Nate Dogg, from growin’ up… Dunno how special he iz to these dance tracks, tho? Should be betta? >>> Just lost in a deep…house…vibe…, only faster. I won’t knock tha Dogg, tho; he cool to appear in tha dance world. I just consider this somethin’ random to get high to? I guess…? My Rating: 4.0
 
 
07. Tove Lo & SG Lewis “HEAT”
Label: Pretty Swede/Virgin
Luv when Tove Lo makes appearances, just like her 1st tyme a decade ago, on tha August 2014 edition! She needed to “Stay High” & now, here she collabz with SG on “HEAT”! Definitely feelin’ tha inescapable “HEAT” & tha way this summer’s pretty successful! Luv these Hawaii-bound songs I added, right durin’ my birthweek! Definitely luv tha sexiness & addictiveness of tha free “staring”! Hope she keeps tha dance tracks comin’! Definitely tha perspective I appreciate, transitioning to “Stay High”… (“all tha tyme”)! My Current Rating: 4.6
 
 
08. Said The Sky & Boys Like Girls “Hold My Breath”
Label: Lowly.
Not too sure if I can anticipate these BLG… >>> Yeah, not my kinda vocals to bring… (“tha HEAT”)! Sounds like a crazy chorus, lyrically; dude all “Whiskey”’d up! Tha drop sounds cool, as it’s on a trippy, wavey, faster-soundin’ tip! A lil’ like Aoki & Ne-Yo, this track has its ups & downs… Dunno how much I can appreciate this one… I’d rather tha public appreciate it more. My Rating: 3.5
 
 
09. Swedish House Mafia feat. Niki & The Dove “Lioness”
Label: SSA/Republic
Here comes this one… Alwayz appreciate tha SHM crew, when they’re in town with a new one…! N&TD sounds like Fever Ray, from The Knife; almost thought it was her, b4 I saw tha ID! As far as this collab, due to tha Fever Ray reference, that’s what it reminds me of, in a house perspective. If The Knife were more housey & faster than electronica/alternative, I woulda thought N&TD was a clone! A lil’ strange with how this track iz, altogether; it’s still nice, tho. My Current Rating: 3.8
 
 
10. TELYKAST & x.o.anne “Free”
Label: Armada
Luvin’ these tracks that went to Hawaii with me! So many tymes I showed luv! Definitely feelin’ this collab; I definitely feel tha faster TELYKAST tracks, as well as their newer vocalists! Gotta luv that 1st verse, especially tha pre-chorus! It gets you ready for tha “Free”-type of chorus, squashin’ those “monsters in [tha] head!” Also, a nice drop to progress these extra-special tymes! Feelin’ tha 2nd verse, too, especially with that higher note, on tha pre-chorus! My Current Rating: 4.5
 
 
½tyme: Most of this sounds like a nice edition… Definitely appreciatin’ my post-Hawaii tymes to tha max! I just want tha energies I surround myself with to feel 100.00% appreciated, just like I do! A 3.8-rated release, currently; let’s keep ‘em goin’…
 
 
11. Morgin Madison “Take Me”
Label: Enhanced
Alwayz nice to hear a new one from him! Let him keep it goin’…! >>> Definitely sounds nice to have a mysterious female on tha vocals, for this track…! Definitely feelin’ how he anticipates tha 1st verse more, as it progresses! Sounds like a good chorus; definitely feelin’ tha strength of tha kicks & soft vocals! Cool lil’ drop to transition from tha chorus, too…! Definitely sounds like tha future to appreciate! Feelin’ tha stronger drop, too! Tha 2nd verse cool, as well as tha rest of tha entire track + bridge…! My Rating: 4.6
 
 
12. Gorgon City & NORTH “Breathe You In”
Label: Interscope/Capitol
Just saw an Interscope/Capitol release, recently… Guess this tha new version of Astralwerks/Capitol? Anywayz, got a snippet of this & now, I finna leave it a review. >>> Sounds nice to hear NORTH in tha beginning, with tha GC beats following… Sounds like a promising, craving-type of chorus! NORTH really knows what it’s like to “Breathe [People] In”! Just like earlier on this edition, this sounds like one of those deep house-type tracks, only a lil’ faster… I feel like it’s okay, even tho I can potentially like it more, listen by listen… My Rating: 4.0
 
 
13. Galantis feat. Rosa Linn “One Cry”
Label: Big Beat
Got ta hear this one a lil’ early, not that long ago… Now, it’s tyme for its exposure. Sounds like anotha one of their anthems, courtesy of collaboratin’ with a female vocalist…! Definitely feelin’ tha power she brings with Galantis, just owning this “cry”! It’s where tha “cry” iz to bring out somethin’ in a positive way. I like tha drop, with Galantis’ typical-type of post-chorus energy…! My Current Rating: 4.3
 
 
14. Zack Martino & Higher Lane “Pieces”
Label: Enhanced
I alwayz feel tha need to give a thumbs-up to when ZM appears on a PO… Dunno what to expect, 2024 style… >>> This one sounds like a good lil’ deep-soundin’ track! Likin’ tha dark vibe of tha beat & this newer-type of female vocalist! She sounds great, especially with tha chorus! Cool lil’ slow track & drop from ZM & how he has HL with him, here…! Tha 2nd verse sounds nice with tha “photographs” & wayz to create memories, durin’ these present tymes…! My Rating: 4.2
 
 
15. Tobtok & Oliver Nelson “In Control”
Label: Robbins
I get anticipated for a new Tobtok track, tho I dunno what I’ll expect with this one… >>> Male vocals not for me, here; they sound too much like they’re drowned in sappiness…! Tha music’s ehh… It’s an effort from Mr. Tobtok, here. Coulda been a catchy track if betta with tha vocals… Sappy-soundin’ 2nd verse, too… My Rating: 2.2
 
 
16. Curtis Mayfield “Move On Up (Mark Knight Remix)”
Label: Spinnin’
Can’t believe CM on Spinnin’! That looks like somethin’ a high person would say, lol? Just sayin’… Dunno how I’ll feel about this, tho. >>> Yeah, this pointless. What Spinnin’ & them tryna think about givin’ this old track new exposure? Literally don’t need to comment tha rest of this… My Rating: 1.0
 
 
17. Nelly Furtado feat. Tove Lo & SG Lewis “ Love Bites (Don Diablo Remix)”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
Love that Tove Lo makes two appearances on a PODR edition!! What a way to celebrate a whole decade on Dance Radio!! Double SG Lewis appearance, too! That’s how we network, durin’ these tymes of small circles! Also, glad this remix exists, in order to boost my interest from tha original version…! Definitely feelin’ how tha four—altogether collab on this remix/track! Definitely tha way to bite tha summer of now! Great job remixin’ & keepin’ it fresh, Mr. Diab! My Current Rating: 4.4
 
 
18. Shaboozey “A Bar Song (Tipsy) (Alesso Remix)”
Label: American Dogwood/Magnolia/EMPIRE
Been seein’ this one around… Looks like a song I’d wanna stay away from? Now, a faster-type of remix, lol! >>> Sounds like somethin’ a country-rapper would make? A song that’s tryin’ to be cool with this faster remix, ehh? Kinda a weird review for me; dunno how well this’ll do, tho… My Rating: 3.6
 
 
19. cassö x Jazzy feat. Headie One “Zeros”
Label: Arista
Even tho I really don’t tolerate tha tracks of today about “money,” this one definitely iz a banger, tho! Definitely luv how cassö makes anotha hot, fast track like “Prada” & collabz with Jazzy to sing most of tha track! Even her “honey” & “money” rhymes are definitely catchy, with this music! Definitely luv tha faster vibes of today!! Even an okay appearance from Headie One; just don’t go for his “money”-type rhymes, tho. I guess I like ‘em betta sung by Jazzy? I hope this one gets good exposure like “Prada”! Then again, people LUV “Zeros” in their paycheck! Tha last song I got to hear that was new, b4 my Hawaii trip! Definitely transitionin’ nice in to this new age of mine!! My Current Rating: 4.9
 
 
20. Daya “Don’t Call”
Label: Spinnin’
Anotha high Spinnin’ moment for me, lol? Neva woulda thought there’d be Daya (no DJs), 144 BPM & Spinnin’, all in one?! Seems like… I’ono… >>> Sounds like an anticipated, slow start; let’s see how this continues… Definitely feelin’ tha fast beats on tha chorus! Sounds awesome to believe in speed, Daya! Definitely tha way to be & I will continue to embrace it! Tha 2nd verse cool, too; luv tha fast music behind it…! Definitely a cool production! Hope it’s appreciated by many, courtesy of its power of Daya! My Rating: 4.4
 
 
21. John Summit & Sub Focus feat. Julia Church “Go Back”
Label: Experts Only/Darkroom
Luv that this one ends it off! From my Florida trip, then to Hawaii, here we are! Didn’t even know what to consider tha average BPM, at first? Luv tha 140 BPM listing (first half of tha song), followed by tha 174 BPM feel of Sub Focus (second half of tha song)! Definitely cool that they all collaborated on this one! Definitely can feel tha nostalgia of tha “Go Back”ness of places like Hawaii! JS’s 140 BPM speed + SF’s 174 BPM speed make it sound awesome with JC vocalizing…! I luv how, at 1:59, tha song starts transitioning in to tha SF drum & bass part! I hope one day, I can produce somethin’ like that, that transitions tha way they did it, here! Definitely an epic feat! My Current Rating: 4.5
 
 
Overall: Seemed like a fairly-decent edition… Tha tracks I already knew definitely leave nostalgia for these tymes of my Hawaii trip! Definitely awesome to review this, while parked! Now, I must continue my journey! I got my full-tyme in 15 hours!
 
 
Rankings:
 
21. Curtis Mayfield “Move On Up (Mark Knight Remix)” 1.0
20. The Blessed Madonna, Daniel Wilson & Kon feat. Yuki Kanesa “Count On My Love” 1.4
19. Tobtok & Oliver Nelson “In Control” 2.2
18. Said The Sky & Boys Like Girls “Hold My Breath” 3.5
17. Shaboozey “A Bar Song (Tipsy) (Alesso Remix)” 3.6
16. Swedish House Mafia feat. Niki & The Dove “Lioness” 3.8
15. PAWSA feat. Nate Dogg “PICK UP THE PHONE” 4.0
14. Steve Aoki feat. Ne-Yo “Heavenly Hell (Dark Intensity Radio Edit)” 4.0
13. Gorgon City & NORTH “Breathe You In” 4.0
12. Duke & Jones “Where Did You Go” 4.1
11. Hii Spirits feat. Rromarin “2young” 4.1
10. Tritonal & Kuala “From The Inside” 4.2
09. Zack Martino & Higher Lane “Pieces” 4.2
08. Galantis feat. Rosa Linn “One Cry” 4.3
07. Daya “Don’t Call” 4.4
06. Nelly Furtado feat. Tove Lo & SG Lewis “ Love Bites (Don Diablo Remix)” 4.4
05. John Summit & Sub Focus feat. Julia Church “Go Back” 4.5
04. TELYKAST & x.o.anne “Free” 4.5
03. Morgin Madison “Take Me” 4.6
02. Tove Lo & SG Lewis “HEAT” 4.6
01. cassö x Jazzy feat. Headie One “Zeros” 4.9
 
 
Average Rating Review:
 
Total Score:                       80.3
Total Songs:                       / 21
-----------------------------------------------
Average Review Rating:    3.8