FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Review #40: Promo Only: Dance Radio February 2008

Reviewed on 1.26.2008 (Review #40)


Yeah it’s about that time again! Promo Only Dance Radio February 2008 iz HERE! And this iz tha 3rd review I did today, lol! I’m looking forward to this (hopefully it’s good), and I just downloaded so many games yesterday for Nintendo systems (to play on my computer), and I gotta think of which one I’m gonna play for this CD… Hmm… Start Time: 9:40 PM | Video Game Playing: Adventure Island 3 (for Nintendo) (on my computer)


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2008 CD Review (Review #40) reviewed on 1.26.2008 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Basshunter “Now You’re Gone (Radio Edit)”
I hope this iz good for a 148’er. Hopefully it’s nothin’ heavy rock or some shit like that. High AL, and very curious to why Ultra Records signed this!! >>> Yes it sounds nice and trancey! Great way to start off tha CD and to not disappoint me. :tu :tu My Rating: 4.5


02. Britney Spears “Piece Of Me (Tiёsto Radio Edit)”
Fuckin’ love tha original! It’s a song about all that she goes through. She’s been goin’ through so much shit lately, so tha question she asks iz “do you want a piece of me?” Bimbo Jones mix iz tha main dance mix I play, which iz nice and pop-dancey, so how will Tiёsto do his thang?? >>> Not bad, but it’s actually good, and real good interlude music after tha chorus! :tu Shit they cut out tha “pissin’ me off” (tha word “pissin”) just like wit tha Bimbo Jones one. Yeah Britney can’t even get tha groceries in without cameras on her! :( And I’m feelin’ this mix. A great way to attempt to counterattack tha Bimbo Jones mix. My Rating: 4.2


03. Jupiter Rising “Wicked (Trevor Simpson Radio Edit)”
Aight got good news for this song: I thought I wasn’t gonna hear it ‘til it got on here, but it looks like MTV Jams (that plays urban videos) might’ve added tha original version ‘cause 2 dayz ago on MTV Jams, I saw some new video (with no ID yet), and it kept saying “wicked”, so it might be this joint (EDIT: No, that was Brick & Lace “Love Is Wicked”). Anyway, High AL. Been waitin’ to hear it. I think MTV Jams added it ‘cause it was a lil’ on tha Reggae style wit tha vocals. >>> Music iz a lil’ soundin’ like “4 In The Morning (Thin White Duke)”, but pretty good so far. She sounds like someone different again. This time, singer Res from 2001. Sounding good once again. Go Jupiter Rising! BTW, I don’t think this was tha MTV Jams one. I’ll have more info on that in tha future. My Rating: 4.0


04. Mary J. Blige “Just Fine (Moto Blanco Radio Edit)”
Really feelin’ tha original! It’s all about being posititve! Let’s see if this remix iz tha same! >>> Nice lil’ slow start and then after tha “whoooo!”, it goes to tha faster music. :tu Pretty good hit mixer. I think tha original iz a lil’ better tho. My Rating: 3.8


05. Ralph Falcon “Break You (Cube Guys Radio Edit)”
Heard “I Need Someone (Cube Guys)” about 3 hours ago on MCD, and I was thinkin’ about gettin’ to hear this! Let’s hear some more hot music!! >>> I’m feelin’ it. Always gotta feel tha Cube Guys’s beats. :tu :tu Good follow up. :tu Ooh a lil’ “Funkytown” sample in tha music! :tu :tu Oh and fuck this Adventure Island 3 game. I keep dying in it… My Rating: 3.8


06. matchbox twenty “How Far We’ve Come (Rosario & Craig J Rock Royalty Radio Edit)”
I’m not really lookin’ forward to this ‘cause this iz not my style, and it’s old. I got my license on 8/23/07, and I remember this song coming out during a driving lesson I took, lol. *Switches game to Diddy Kong Racing for Nintendo 64 (on my computer)* >>> Cool beat intro for me. Oh wow it passed my expectations a lot. Tha chorus iz a lot slower than tha original, but that beat iz bangin’. This remix iz bangin’ to me. :tu My Rating: 4.3


07. Hi_Tack “Let’s Dance (Radio Edit)”
Aight I just called up my dude Jimmy The DJ (I HOPE he calls back). If he calls back while I’m playing one of these songs, I’m pretty sure that song’ll be REAL lucky. Hopefully he hits me back. *Looks @ Song No. 7* Oh yes a “Hi”gh AL, and a comeback! >>> Not bad so far. I’m really in tha mood for this CD, and it’s just makin’ me in a good mood. :tu Real nice beat to me, and tha vocals were okay. My Rating: 3.7


08. Jordin Sparks “Tattoo (Jason Nevins Radio Mix)”
Not only iz this a nice fast hit mixer, but it looks like this hit mixer went pop. :tu One week after iPR added it last month, Z100 got it! :tu Even tho I’m mainly playin’ her new song wit Chris Brown “No Air”, at least this’ll emerge into my playlist now. :tu >>> Ms. American Idol. :tu Vocals are even slower on this too. Yeah it’s a great hit mixer. :tu My Rating: 4.0


09. Colette “If (Dave Audé Radio Mix)”
Oh no… Boo… This will always remind me of that day where I had tha beef wit that asshole at my college, and “jerk-off” Jeff Gumbs was laughin’ his ass off at me. >>> Beats are aight for DA. BTW, MCE used to play this song a ton of times (it kinda calmed down now), and MCD only plays it at night/early morning. Nothin’ that special about this mix, especially since it’s DA’s mix. I’d rather hear tha “plain” original. My Rating: 3.1


10. Funkerman “Speed Up (Radio Edit)”
That’s exactly what I’m doin’ in Diddy Kong Racing. :wink: High AL, and was originally supposed to PorD it. >>> Not only am I fuckin’ up in tha game I’m playing, but that song fucked up my expectations. :( My Rating: 2.7


½time: A real good start, but it’s gettin’ wobbly. :( I hope it can regenerate itself! Tha end of tha CD at least caught my attention a lil’ more.


11. Lori Jenaire “Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart (Eddie Baez Radio Edit)”
Like her name, tha title, and tha label (Dauman Music). Can DM have another great song on their hands?? High AL!! >>> Nice lil’ start. Sounds like some old Thunderpuss type of dance music from early in tha 2000s. I like tha “ill take tha pill” line. :tu It didn’t really meet my expectations that much, but it was better than tha previous song. My Rating: 3.6


12. Celine Dion “Taking Chances (Jason Nevins Remix)”
PO Error: There’s no “e” in Ralphi Rosario (EDIT: PO Error again: It’s tha Jason Nevins Remix, not Ralphi Rosario Radio Edit). Anyway, High AL ‘cause I really like tha chorus and this mix might make me give it a :tu. Originally dumped on my PorD due to she changed to an Adult Alternative sound… >>> I was just about to say it was slow, but I remember now; it’s 120 BPM. It sounds more like JN. Feelin’ it. :tu My Rating: 3.8


13. Mick Jagger “Charmed Life (Solitaire Radio Edit)”
I don’t know what to really expect. I guess I’m not going to like it. >>> What iz this shit??? Fuck… This iz what happens when I don’t get a phone call back! :x :x :x It did have a good interlude tho. My Rating: 1.9


14. Crystal “Numb (Remix Radio)”
Okay this must be one of tha BANGERS! Love tha artist name/title, and after one year of PO waiting, Neutone Recordings iz back wit another one (last one was on tha 2/07 CD wit “Conditioned”). VERY HIGH AL for this one!! >>> Good intro, and yeah, its gotta be good ‘cause it’s after a really shitty song. Oh fuckin’ wow (in a good way). It’s a REMAKE to Linkin Park’s 2003 song “Numb”! :tu :tu Gotta luv tha Neutone shit! :tu My Rating: 4.7


15. Dave Armstrong & Redroche Feat. H-Boogie “Love Has Gone (Full Vocal Radio Edit)”
PO Error: They forgot to put tha vocalist! Anyway, this song doin’ big on MCD (heavy rotation added), and now it’s like a 20% chance they add an actual dance song into heavy rotation. Feelin’ this one right here. :tu :tu >>> I know I have tha same Radio Edit, but my version sounds a lot better ‘cause it sounds louder and has a real nice surround. Oh yeah forgot to mention that I love tha beginning wit that beginning verse! :tu My Rating: 4.2


16. Chanel “Dance (Fish & Chips Radio Edit)”
Got a High AL. Will it top off last year’s No. 16 song (“Embrace Me”)? Gonna put it to tha test wit this comeback! High AL!! >>> Lol @ that short length. Lol @ that sample in tha background. “If This Ain’t Love”. Now we’re really talkin’ about tha early 2000s. Gets my :tu. My Rating: 4.2


17. Madison Park w/Paul T “All About The Groove (Klubjumpers Radio Edit)”
Another “w/” in tha ID (hasn’t happened since “Mustapha”)! That gives me some AL, along wit tha mix. Even tho KJ are on tha mix, I just hope it ain’t too rocky ‘cause that’s what my guts are tellin’ me… … … … … … >>> Unexpected female vocals and tha song came on so fast. Feelin’ this (thank God)! :tu :tu That chorus keeps comin’ on, and it keeps makin’ me like it. My Rating: 4.4


18. Fragma “Toca’s Miracle (Inpetto Edit)”
I got a High AL for it ‘cause I wanna hear what it sounds like again! Oh yeah for tha 3rd time: Early 2000s got it on lock on this CD! >>> *Quiet voice* Nice and smooth start. Very nice for tha Winter, lol. Nice smooth music. My Rating: 3.5


19. Krista “Weakness Of The Body (Josh Harris House Edit)”
I dunno if this iz gonna sound stupid or anything, but I actually had caught a teardrop (lol) thinkin’ about this song on PO ‘cause it’s UNSIGNED!!! I hope my teardrop can predict this UNSIGNED song to do its thang! First PO song wit a MySpace label ( http://www.myspace.com/kristacansing ). VERY HIGH AL for a 122’er!!! >>> I’m guessin’ it sounds like a Freestyle type of song. Actually, when I saw tha “House” in tha mix, I was afraid this was gonna be house, but good thing it ain’t. Gets tha good rating for me, and I’ll be lookin’ forward to playing it. :tu My Rating: 4.6


20. Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand “Let Me Think About It (Radio Edit)”
FUCKIN’ LOVE THIS SONG!!!
It never gets old! It’s on Week 16 on my playlist. Oh yeah, and tha last CD had “Uninvited”. That song was DOMESTICALLY new (signed to Ultra). This CD has “LMTAI” and they put it as an import (still UNSIGNED in tha U.S.). Lol @ this: we go from an UNSIGNED song to an IMPORT. Wow this iz hot! It’s a lil’ old tho, but everybody loves it! >>> That fuckin’ beat! “Da-dun-da-dun-da-dun-dun.” Oh yeah, if you’re wondering what’s that extra verse in tha beginning? Well it’s tha MCD mix (they have a Club Mix shortened). Oh no why are they makin’ it so mixed up? Not likin’ all tha mix ups/shortened parts. They should’ve just gotten tha 1st mix that’s 2:40. Wow what a fucked up RE. :( My Rating: 3.0 (it got a 1.7 deduction; if it was tha 2:40 one, I would’ve given it a 4.7 rating)


Overall: End Time: 11:37 PM. I thought this CD went by too quick. It had some bangers, but a bunch of songs tricked me. :( If only I got that phone call… And I waited 72 hours too. :roll: Anyway, I’m REALLY lookin’ forward to PICKing songs for March tho!


Songs/Mixes I Predict Will Make It To My Sources:
01, 04, 05, 06, 07, 12, [b]14[/b] (only predicting ‘cause of remake. PLEASE get out there!!!), and 16

Songs/Mixes Already On My Sources:
02, 03, 08, 10, 15, and 20


Rankings (according to ratings)

20.       Mick Jagger “Charmed Life (Solitaire Radio Edit)” 1.9
19.       Funkerman “Speed Up (Radio Edit)” 2.7
18.       Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand “Let Me Think About It (Radio Edit)” 3.0
17.       Colette “If (Dave Audé Radio Mix)” 3.1
16.       Fragma “Toca’s Miracle (Inpetto Edit)” 3.5
15.       Lori Jenaire “Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart (Eddie Baez Radio Edit)” 3.6
14.       Hi_Tack “Let’s Dance (Radio Edit)” 3.7
13.       Mary J. Blige “Just Fine (Moto Blanco Radio Edit)” 3.8
12.       Ralph Falcon “Break You (Cube Guys Radio Edit)” 3.8
11.        Celine Dion “Taking Chances (Jason Nevins Remix)” 3.8
10.       Jordin Sparks “Tattoo (Jason Nevins Radio Mix)” 4.0
09.       Jupiter Rising “Wicked (Trevor Simpson Radio Edit)” 4.0
08.       Chanel “Dance (Fish & Chips Radio Edit)” 4.2
07.       Dave Armstrong & Redroche Feat. H-Boogie “Love Has Gone (Full Vocal Radio Edit)” 4.2
06.       Britney Spears “Piece Of Me (Tiёsto Radio Edit)” 4.2
05.       matchbox twenty “How Far We’ve Come (Rosario & Craig J Rock Royalty Radio Edit)” 4.3
04.       Madison Park w/Paul T “All About The Groove (Klubjumpers Radio Edit)” 4.4
03.   Basshunter “Now You’re Gone (Radio Edit)” 4.5
02.   Krista “Weakness Of The Body (Josh Harris House Edit)” 4.6
01.  Crystal “Numb (Remix Radio)” 4.7