FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, December 5, 2008

Review #156: Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2008

Reviewed on 12.05.2008 (Review #156)


Guess who’s back?? LOL, it’s FrankieThaLuckyDog! I took about a week’s worth of a hiatus and I’m glad things are back to normal! What happened was my laptop caught a virus, thanks to one of tha songs on here. Which one iz it? Find out in this review! After all tha stress that has been continuously happenin’, I’ve just been DYING to review this and I can’t believe I delayed tha review a WHOPPING 5 dayz!!!!! But now, I’m just gonna get this thang started! Here goes my review for Promo Only Dance Radio December 2008! Happy 23rd birthday to my cousin Jen, Tha Wennipearl! :) Start Time: 5:40 PM | Video Game Playing: The Legend Of Zelda – Ocarina Of Time (for Nintendo 64) (on my computer)


Quick Notes:
1. I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings (if a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much REALLY LOVE it as it’s considered “mindblowin’” when I hear it) so any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating.
To tha artist/producer: Don’t get catchy feelin’s if I don’t like a song on a first listen. Things could change in tha future as I could love it, so you neva know!
2. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song. Anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
3. AL = Anticipation Level
4. MC = Music Choice (wit these letters attached, it adds to MC: D = Dance; E = Electronica; R = Rap; H = Hitlist; HH&R&B = Hip-Hop And R&B; SOTS = Sounds Of The Seasons)
5. PO = Promo Only
6. iPR = iPartyRadio
7. RE = Radio Edit
8. P105 = Party 105.3
9. PB = Perfect Beat
10. MS = MySpace
11. YT = YouTube
12. FB = Facebook
13. Any other initials usually relate to tha artist/song I’m currently reviewin’.
14. DvD = Dance vs. Dance (meanin’ a Dance artist covered/remade another Dance artist’s song) 

© 2008 CD Review (Review #156) reviewed on 12.05.2008 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Beyoncé “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
I thought at first this was gonna be “If I Were A Boy,” but I’m glad they didn’t pick that song to remix. MCD has it in heavy rotation and can I say, even though tha original iz ehh…, it’s remixed wit a unique style from Dave Audé this time, so that’s watz good. LOL @ tha “drank in my cup” line, especially in a dance remix. :rofl I really like how tha chorus, wit tha “if you like it, then you should’ve put a ring on it” has that fade-in type of gain wit tha music. Great remixin’ for an okay track for me. My Current Rating: 3.8


02. Madonna “Miles Away (Thin White Duke Edit)”
MCD pumpin’ out a nice Johnny Vicious mix. As for this mix, I have a feelin’ it ain’t gonna stand a chance. This joint iz already kinda slow/up-tempo, so hopefully TWD don’t make it sound like it’s dead; low AL… >>> Boring start wit tha music… Boo @ tha 2nd verse comin’ before tha chorus; that’s more boring! :td Tha music iz gettin’ a lil’ better in tha chorus but where are tha “miles away” parts in tha chorus? This izn’t makin’ me happy. :( Music iz gettin’ better at 2:25. :tu Too much music that was just okay. Sorry, but Johnny Vicious easily takes tha crown for his nice, up-and-down type of mix. My Rating: 3.2


03. Lucas Prata Feat. George Lamond “Something About You (Silent Nick Radio Edit)”
I like tha original album version (which iz only 110 BPM); it sounds great. Let’s see for a remix boostin’ tha BPM up 20!! >>> Good, it’s much faster and I’m glad there’s a nice build-up in tha music in tha beginning! Hearin’ tha 1st verse and tha music iz bangin’!! Very high energy in tha music and tha more high energy, tha better!! It definitely needed this touch of a remix for 2009; great job from SN on tha RE! :tu Great song, especially since I see Alexia at my college. :) My Rating: 4.3


04. Britney Spears “Womanizer (Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Radio Edit)”
*Sings* “Womanizer, womanizer, oh, you’re a womanizer, oh, womanizer, oh…” LOL! Peeps be singin’ this a lot at my college. I don’t really like tha Riddler remix on MCD so we’ll see how MR does; I know he’ll do better!! >>> At first, it didn’t sound so fast but its got some bangin’ music in it. That rockish mix in it sounds a lil’ weird but that could be a good thing… maybe. I know there’s like tons and tons of remixes of this, but tha original will always be on top. This might need some growth on me, but it sounds pretty nice. My Rating: 3.9


05. The Killers “Human (Armin Van Buuren Radio Remix)”
Even though tha original iz great, and dancey, I hope AVB put some trancey elements in it!! >>> Intro/chorus had a nice build-up, and tha 1st verse has decent AVB music. I wanted more of a trance feel but we’ll see as this goes on. A decent remix for me… Ferry Corsten might’ve shockingly had a better remix (that MCD plays), lol. My Rating: 3.4


06. Michael Woods Feat. Inaya Day “Natural High (Out Of Office Radio Edit)”
Only No. 21 on this CD iz an original version… Unless you count this (‘cause MW = OOO), then that’s 2. Either way, MCD has this in low rotation and it could be a nice low rotation joint for them. I’m not sure how this’ll do outside MCD though. Will IPR pick it up? I can guarantee this ain’t a P105 song. Let’s see what I have to say about this as I re-hear it! >>> Tha intro was just okay, but then, that OOO beat in tha chorus sounds nice. I really like tha lyrics in this one; they’re good and catchy. Tha 2nd verse, I really like that “Mr. dope seller, weed pusher” part as it caught my attention fast. That’s good that tha dope dealer don’t got anything on you Inaya; you just keep doin’ ya thing ‘cause it’s great in dance music. :tu Shit, this felt like it just was gettin’ good for me. :( We’ll see how long of a future it could stay wit me and my playlist. My Current Rating: 3.9


07. Judy Torres “Hell No (Tony Moran & Warren Rigg No Rap Radio Edit)”
Here it iz!! Tha song that fucked my whole computer/weekend/week up!! LOL… But it ain’t Judy’s fault, it’s more like PO’s for tha “no rap” in tha ID; that just offends me. That’s a 1st on PODR reviews for me. How I got tha virus was I was lookin’ for tha version wit tha rap in it (didn’t even know there was a rap and a no rap version). When lookin’, I got on a site and it downloaded malware on my laptop. I thought I got rid of it, but it stayed. Then, my internet started not workin’. What I did was I backed up my WHOLE ENTIRE laptop (like 30 GB) and put it on my computer (I have anotha computer and it’s a desktop; 220 GB). That took tha whole weekend wit BAD-ASS STRESS, but in Judy’s words, “there’s no reason to cry,” lol. This could’ve been a good thing as it might’ve made my laptop better! I think I saved a whole bunch of GB’s now. Well, since I do have tha original rap version, I’m gonna listen to that first and then come back to tha no rap one. Last year on PODR, December 2007, “Surrender Me” by Danielle Bollinger was No. 7 (and it was a TM/WR production signed to Contagious Records) so this great that a TM/WR production AND a Contagious Records signed song iz here again, at No. 7, and on PODR December (and it has been since then since one of tha Contagious Records songs was here)! I predict at least a 4.8 rating, so let’s see… DYIN’ TO HEAR IT!!! >>> *Reviewin’ version wit rappin’ in it* That’s REAL NICE wit tha rappin’ type in tha beginning! Tha music (of course) iz BANGIN’!! Sounds real nice and I like tha whole chorus wit tha “hell no/go go.” :tu This iz sure to be a HUGE song wit me. I can picture people ignorin’ this for stupid-ass reasons. I know Party 105 will play it. It’s so unexpected to hearin’ her rappin’, but it sounds nice, especially tha different voice! Tha lyrics behind this iz REAL GREAT too; fuck all tha people dissin’ you! This iz great in my case: for anyone that don’t wanna like me, fuck you and “hell no,” don’t even try to be nice to me!! *Listens to version wit no rap* Fuckin’ dumb that tha rappin’ intro iz taken out. :td Tha virus was definitely worth it then, lol. I heard tha lyrics a lil’ better in tha 1st verse and they definitely have a good meanin’ to them! And look what happens when there’s no rappin’ in tha bridge: REPETITIVENESS!! Didn’t like tha bridge as there was just repetitive music wit no change. :td Either way, just like Down Bad (Rap group from Baton Rouge) would say, good thing she’s “out da box” when it comes to doin’ songs (like previously, “I Don’t” wit tha “Jesus loves you, I don’t!” and now this, wit tha “say hell no, hell no” and tha rappin’). And I also have to say: Dance music needs to stop hatin’ on rappin’!!!!! That’s right, dammit!!!!! Especially if it’s just a Dance artist rappin’… or even tha same artist singin’!! Think of what made Dance music big in tha ‘90s: addin’ tha lil’ rappin’ to tha songs! Think: Real McCoy, La Bouche, I mean, Dance people take this shit too serious. However, on this review, it’s tha PO version that counts as tha official rating; let’s compare it to tha version wit tha rappin’! My Rating: No Rap Version: 4.4 | Rap Version: 4.8
^ Also, I rated “Surrender Me” 4.4 last year as well; how weird wit all this. :rofl BTW, I like tha front cover too.


08. LeAnn Rimes “What I Cannot Change (Kaskade Radio Edit)”
Let’s see how this gon turn out… Glad to see tha LeAnn back and Kaskade remixin’ once again! Hope he makes tha music good like in Jes “Imagination”!! >>> Definitely some nice Kaskade music here; great mix of it and LeAnn Rimes. :tu I think this joint got a Grammy nominee for “Best Country Song” this year. Definitely good music and not bad on tha vocals and lyrics. My Rating: 3.7


09. The Daves “Not In England (BoothPimps Radio Edit)”
Let’s see why there’s a content warning on here… PO, you betta not’ve gotten your feelings hurt, lol! >>> Sounds like a jacked Dance beat in tha beginning… shit, which one iz it? I think it bit off Dirty South vs. Evermore “It’s Too Late,” but it also sounds like some other beat recently… I like this Alternative sound; a lil’ unexpected. Well, kinda decent wit that beat just gettin’ my complete attention right now. Actually, it sounds a lil’ like tha Riddler remix of “Womanizer” in tha beginning as well (that jacked Dance beat). This was kinda short; it should’ve been maybe longer (or another verse) and I didn’t hear anything content warningish. My Rating: 3.7


10. John Kano Feat. Sarah Mattea “I’m Done With The Pain (Bellatrax Radio Edit)”
This has to be tha best song on here!! I play it ALL THA TIME and I’m SO GLAD PO put it on here!! They ALWAYS, ALWAYS IGNORE Strictly Rhythm songs; this time, they didn’t!!! :) GREAT music from Bellatrax and REAL GREAT comeback from SM, as she was on that “I Want You” song from Peter Presta & Billy Brown from last year, on tha May 2007 CD. Now, she’s got a better voice! :) Gotta love that lil’ beginning 4 seconds in tha song; that was nice to put in there! :) I’m REAL GLAD John Kano stays consistant wit all tha songs he puts out. :tu As far as all tha bullshit from 2007 and 2008, this song can relate to that. That’s right, “I’m done wit tha pain!” :tu I’m glad all my sources got this song within like 2 weeks! My Current Rating: 4.8


½time: Felt like ½time came quick, but at tha same time, came slow. A lot of okay songs wit only a few BANGIN’ ones. I hope tha rest can pick up ‘cause I know they will!


11. Christina Milian “Us Against The World (Jason Nevins Radio Edit)”
Here goes another complaint from me: I’m tired of all these hit mixers havin’ all tha BPM. Shit, even tha ORIGINAL VERSIONS of some of these songs (“Human,” “Womanizer,” and “Fly On The Wall” to name a few) have high BPMs already; why can’t regular Dance songs be like that? Well, JN knows his BPM on remixes, so we’ll see if I’m gonna get sick of hearin’ him too much on PO, or if he’s gonna surprise me; I don’t expect much. >>> Likin’ tha intro so far. :tu And even though it’s kinda slow jamish wit tha vocals, tha music has it goin’ on! :tu This reminds me of Election Day ‘cause it came out like 2 weeks before it and just reminded me of it wit tha lyrics (wit tha “fighting” and tha “war” parts). I like that chorus tha best outta this song (especially wit tha music); great remix! I have a feelin’ it’ll be better than tha other JN remix on here. My Rating: 4.0


12. UNA “You’re Not Alone (Jose Amnesia Vocal Edit)”
Looks like this tha fastest Dance song on here (smh @ only 131 bein’ tha fastest). Also, this a DvD joint of tha old Olive song wit tha same name (read on PB). Let’s see how this cover gon turn out; High AL (finally, a High AL again)! >>> Okay, feelin’ tha music a lil’ for a start, but tha vocals are kinda boring me… I hope they get me more interested. Likin’ tha music at 1:15. :tu I think just it bein’ a DvD joint made me not have tha high rating that I would thought I would give. Usually, Nervous Records don’t do this wit tha remakes/covers… She’s prolly good lookin’, so I’ll give it that ‘cause her voice does sound sexy. My Rating: 3.7


13. Chris Brown Feat. Keri Hilson “Superhuman (Mike D Radio Mix)”
Ewe @ CB bein’ on here!! I can only imagine how fast this gon sound… >>> Don’t like that starting beat… I can say now: THIS AIN’T OFFICIALLY DANCE!! Original version iz slow; why iz this an Ultimix? Tha fuck? Major decrease in tha rating from me! 4:01 on tha length? :cry: Even though I’m doin’ REAL GOOD in Zelda right now, this did nothin’ for me. Plain and boring ultimix; get this shit outta here! Chris Brown and his cheesy, emotional emtions. Keri gets my credit though. My Rating: 1.4


14. Sarah McLeod “White Horse (Whelan & DiScala Radio Mix)”
Not really a complaint, but I gotta take a stand right now: LOL @ Next Plateau signin’ this! Who would’ve guessed? I actually got this song 7 months ago, back in May, and it was good, even though it did decent wit me. I guess ‘cause they signed songs that were old imports like “Heartbroken” and “My Destiny” that this iz why they signed this old import. And now, this iz on Party 105; fast movin’ since they love Sarah! I go for her too and I’m anticipated to re-hear this! >>> Of course, great title and GREAT chorus! Gotta feel tha W&D music. :tu Pretty nice, strong Popish vocals in tha verses and great attitute in tha chorus! :) Also, that music after tha chorus iz just real good/catchy for some reason; I guess ‘cause it’s Dance elements. My Current Rating: 4.1


15. Donna Summer “Fame (The Game) (Ralphi Rosario Radio Edit)”
Let’s see what she’s doin’ after she “stamped her feet” so much… Hope it’s not discoish and has HOT RR music like in “Frozen” from Tami Chynn & Akon!!! >>> Discoish chorus, great music. :tu I like tha way tha vocals sound in tha 1st verse wit that effect. :tu Even tha 2nd verse has that effect on it; good shit. Definitely a nice joint and as always, RR neva gets old wit his music and DS neva gets old IMO. My Rating: 4.2


16. Miley Cyrus “Fly On The Wall (Jason Nevins Radio Edit)”
I don’t expect tha mix to be that special, especially since I like tha original (even though a lil’ rocky in tha chorus). >>> LOL @ tha trancey background music in tha BPMs. LOL @ that guy sayin’ “fly on tha wall.” :rofl It’s so random. :rofl Well, that music kicks ass. I like this better than tha other JN mix surprisingly. My Rating: 4.2


17. Johnny Budz & Exit 59 Feat. Dani Vasile “Explanations (Budz Journey To Exit 59 Radio Edit)”
It has been on MCD and I like tha music and Exit 59/DV actually friend requsted me on MS when they saw that I featured it in my October 2008 YT video of my favorite Dance tracks out now. I like tha vocals also, even though we can minus tha “I can’t take it” repetition parts. Music iz nice and consistant as well; I “can” take it, lol. BTW, P105 playin’ a different song of Exit 59’s called “Here We Go Again.” Unlike this song, which iz signed to Z Dub Records, “HWGA” iz signed to Mecha Recordings; looks like 2 releases at once on 2 different labels; that’s different. My Current Rating: 4.1


18. Ultra Naté “Twisted (Got Me Goin’ Round) (Craig C Radio Edit)”
I don’t really like tha remixer. Let’s see how it turns ‘cause tha title could be good… >>> Yeah, tha music iz bleh for me… Actually, it’s a lil’ better after tha chorus. I hope there’s better mixes out there. I’m kinda gettin’ bored, so hopefully, other mixes get to my sources so I can hear them. This iz one of those songs that needs more of a better, positive beat for this. This was too long… I hope to like it, or another mix, in tha future better. My Rating: 3.5


19. Christina Aguilera “Keeps Gettin’ Better (Jody Den Broeder Trip Clean Radio Edit)”
Original iz already good; I don’t think it needed a remix. Not expectin’ much from JDB… >>> Pretty nice sound from JDB, but thisn’t so interesting for a remix. I’d just rather stick wit tha original. Why does tha chorus have no build-up? That’s just plain! LOL @ it only bein’ ½ way through, and it’s done wit tha 1st 2 verses. How much of an interlude we got? LOL @ tha random “super *****” part. My Rating: 3.4


20. Ida Corr “Ride My Tempo (Wideboys Radio Edit)”
I feel like there’s a WHOLE LOTTA PRESSURE for Ida wit this song ‘cause “LMTAI” was HUGE (FMQB said it was their biggest Dance song of 2008). I don’t know about Wideboys bein’ tha mixers (instead of it bein’ an original version), so let’s see what she’s got… >>> LOL @ that Wideboys sound again; they always use that sound now. Yeah, I can see a lot of pressure for her and this song. I like it (of course). Ooh, tha 2nd verse soundin’ better wit tha faster verse! Pretty nice song; we’ll see how it does in tha future. My Rating: 3.6


21. Filly “Sweat (The Drip Drop Song) (Radio Edit)”
Tha only original version… When I saw tha “disgusting BPM” (LMFAO), I just pictured it bein’ on a borderline label, but Robbins? Damn, what are they doin’!??! I saw tha cover on PB and I was like, “huh? Iz it a girl or a guy?” If this iz a guy, this iz over with! A girl may catch me sexually, but I just have a feelin’ it’s a guy. And Wideboys remixed it too. Plus, any time there’s “Instrumental” (labeled like that without a remixer), it’s already not Dance ‘cause that’s not how Dance people label shit! *Enters tha door of doom* UGH, I don’t wanna press play! Mommy, I’m sooooooooooo scared!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! >>> It’s a girl, lol. Kinda cheesy, but LOL @ tha guy’s part. What’s wit tha duet? I heard tha siren in tha song, and that just gave it away that it was Hip-Hopish. C’mon, Robbins. At least “Waterman” had a Dance beat. That guy iz soooo gay, I just know it. And if tha 2 of these people come and complain about this review, hey, you should’ve signed wit someone else! What to rate it… *picks somethin’ random* My Rating: 2.0


Overall: End Time: 8:51 PM. Well, I did have a lot of AL for this, but, way too many decent songs. I delayed this 5 dayz and I get this? C’mon… I’m disappointed. I don’t wanna THINK about this edition!! Other than “IDWTP” and “Hell No,” what was on here that was Dance?


Rankings (according to my ratings):

21.       Chris Brown Feat. Keri Hilson “Superhuman (Mike D Radio Mix)” 1.4
20.       Filly “Sweat (The Drip Drop Song) (Radio Edit)” 2.0
19.       Madonna “Miles Away (Thin White Duke Edit)” 3.2
18.       The Killers “Human (Armin Van Buuren Radio Remix)” 3.4
17.       Christina Aguilera “Keeps Gettin’ Better (Jody Den Broeder Trip Clean Radio Edit)” 3.4
16.       Ultra Naté “Twisted (Got Me Goin’ Round) (Craig C Radio Edit)” 3.5
15.       Ida Corr “Ride My Tempo (Wideboys Radio Edit)” 3.6
14.       LeAnn Rimes “What I Cannot Change (Kaskade Radio Edit)” 3.7
13.       The Daves “Not In England (Boothpimps Radio Edit)” 3.7
12.       UNA “You’re Not Alone (Jose Amnesia Vocal Edit)” 3.7
11.        Beyoncé “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 3.8
10.       Britney Spears “Womanizer (Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Radio Edit)” 3.9
09.       Michael Woods Feat. Inaya Day “Natural High (Out Of Office Radio Edit)” 3.9
08.       Christina Milian “Us Against The World (Jason Nevins Radio Edit)” 4.0
07.       Sarah McLeod “White Horse (Whelan & DiScala Radio Mix)” 4.1
06.       Johnny Budz & Exit 59 Feat. Dani Vasile “Explanations (Budz Journey To Exit 59 Radio Edit)” 4.1
05.       Miley Cyrus “Fly On The Wall (Jason Nevins Radio Edit)” 4.2
04.       Donna Summer “Fame (The Game) (Ralphi Rosario Radio Edit)” 4.2
03.   Lucas Prata Feat. George Lamond “Something About You (Silent Nick Radio Edit)” 4.3
02.   Judy Torres “Hell No (Tony Moran & Warren Rigg No Rap Radio Edit)” 4.4
01.   John Kano Feat. Sarah Mattea “I’m Done With The Pain (Bellatrax Radio Edit)” 4.8

^ Damn, only 8 were 4.0+ ratings? SMH… Good thing for PO for BEIN’ SMART and grabbin’ that Strictly Rhythm signed song or else this would’ve been really bad! And, my Top 12 No. 1 PO rated songs… Let’s see how I’m gonna do this…

Top 12 “No. 1 Rated” PODR Songs Of 2008:

12.       Paradise “See The Light (Radio Edit)” Original Rating: 4.8 | Current Rating: 3.5
11.        AnnaGrace “You Make Me Feel (Radio Edit)” Original Rating: 4.7 | Current Rating: 4.3
10.       Madison Park “Come Out And Play (Lenny B Radio Edit)” Original Rating: 4.5 | Current Rating: 4.5 (due to I didn’t play it yet)
09.       Sia “The Girl You Lost To Cocaine (StoneBridge Radio Edit)” Original Rating: 4.9 | Current Rating: 4.6
08.       Jenna Drey “All Out Of Love (Giuseppe D & Kevin Churko Radio Mix)” Original Rating: 4.8 | Current Rating: 4.7
07.       E.G. Daily “Beautiful (Scotty K’s Radio Mix)” Original Rating: 4.9 | Current Rating: 4.7
06.       Chanelle Hayes “I Want It (7th Heaven Radio Edit)” Original Rating: 5.0 | Current Rating: 4.7
05.       John Kano Feat. Sarah Mattea “I’m Done With The Pain (Bellatrax Radio Edit)” Original Rating: 4.8 | Current Rating: 4.8
04.       E-Type “True Believer (Radio Edit)” Original Rating: 4.9 | Current Rating: 4.9
03.       Fans Of Jimmy Century “Hot Sahara (Lenny B Radio Mix)” Original Rating: 4.9 | Current Rating: 4.9
02.       T2 Feat. Jodie Aysha “Heartbroken (WaWa Main Radio Version)” Original Rating: 4.8 | Current Rating: 5.0

And for No. 1, I think it deserved it, as everyone ignored it, and it actually did tha best outta all tha Dance songs I PICKed for this year from PO… No. 1 iz…

..
.

01.   Crystal “Numb (Remix Radio)” Original Rating: 4.7 | Current Rating: 5.0