FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Review #277: Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2009

Reviewed on 8.04.2009 (Review #277)

FrankieThaLuckyDog back wit anotha review… I haven’t shook back into review mode yet ‘cause I been doin’ a lotta commercials. However, Promo Only Dance Radio August 2009 iz here, so I have ta review it! Here we go… Although an odd mood day for me, tha night I think was a lil’ better, so hopefully, tha songs’ll be better than previous PO’s as well. I have a good feelin’ about this! Start Time: 10:30 PM | End Time: 12:19 AM


Quick Notes:
1. I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings (if a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much REALLY LOVE it as it’s considered “mindblowin’” when I hear it) so any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating.
To tha artist/producer: Don’t get catchy feelin’s if I don’t like a song on a first listen. Things could change in tha future as I could love it, so you neva know!
2. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song. Anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
3. AL = Anticipation Level
4. MC = Music Choice (wit these letters attached, it adds to MC: D/E = Dance/Electronica (just a D or an E represents tha separate part of tha channel); R = Rap; H = Hitlist; HH&R&B = Hip-Hop And R&B; SOTS = Sounds Of The Seasons)
5. PO = Promo Only
6. iPR = iPartyRadio
7. RE = Radio Edit
8. P105 = Party 105.3
9. PB = Perfect Beat
10. MS = MySpace
11. YT = YouTube
12. FB = Facebook
13. IC = In-consideration (of playing tha song)
14. HM = Hit mixer
15. Any other initials usually relate to tha artist/song I’m currently reviewin’.
16. DvD = Dance vs. Dance (meanin’ a Dance artist covered/remade another Dance artist’s song)

© 2009 CD Review (Review #277) reviewed on 8.04.2009 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Cascada Feat. Carlprit “Evacuate The Dancefloor (Radio Edit)”
I didn’t play this song that much, but for MCD gettin’ it, it has been a turn-on. Not sure if I’ll re-enter it on my playlist, but now that it’s August, this song should be REAL big!! What should I say since I know it, lol? I really hope it blows up on Pop stations. TIGHT-ASS beat, and that chorus iz great! Luv her “intoxicated” part in tha 2nd verse. On Wikipedia, I read that she luvs R&B, and thought her “old style” (e.g., “Miracle”) had its time, although I disagree. Oh, and at 1st, wit tha rappin’, it felt random. Now, it sounds funny ‘cause it comes outta nowhere. It’s like, Cascada put many thingz in a gumbo pot, lol. My Current Rating: 4.4


02. Sarah McLeod “Tell Your Story Walkin’ (Still & Havoc Radio Remix) (Promo Only Clean Edit)”
What’s this “clean edit” on this SM song? It’s not a “non-Dance” song, lol. I really look forward to her comeback, as well as new mixers!! >>> Not bad start. Nothin’ ta say, but it sounds like it gon be a song we’ll hear on Dance stations a lot. Still pretty decent wit better Dance beats here. She still sounds good, and that title iz interesting. Wish I would’ve been more interested, but it’s good for a mainstream Dance song. Glad “White Horse” was REAL big on Dance stations too! My Rating: 3.7


03. La Roux “Bulletproof (Dave Audé Cherry Mix Edit)”
When I first heard a sample of this on iPR (tha Manhattan Clique mix), I was like, “WTF wit tha way she says tha title? Ignore from me, lol.” But then, MCD got this mix, and it sounds catchy. :tu Not only that, MCD gettin’ its roots back? They have a CLUB MIX of it?? LOL… Glad they back in normal gear, and no more bullshit! Also, this tha 3rd La Roux song within 4 PO’s; iz that a record, lol? This one’s tha one that really got out there, although tha last song, “IFTK” sounded better. I think it sounds a lil’ different (unless tha beats are comin’ out surround on my stereo) ‘cause it sounds like there’s extra beats wit tha great beat. LOL @ tha “somethin’ when it’s dead” part in tha 2nd verse. I like tha part at 2:20, how tha vocals sound. I still don’t understand tha catch for this song that it’s takin’ ova all Dance outlets… My Current Rating: 3.8


04. Britney Spears “Radar (Manhattan Clique UHF Radio Mix)”
Tha original version leaked on MCH like a year ago this month, lol… Like, right before “Womanizer” came out. When “Womanizer” came out, I thought this song was a failed flop. Now, it got reput on her latest CD, and it’s here. I heard a sample, and I think I remember it havin’ good beats. Lemme give it its review… >>> Yea, good beats, especially during tha chorus, but I don’t know about gettin’ back on my playlist. Not too much of an IC. Kinda boring for me. At least it >3:30. My Rating: 3.4


05. Tiёsto with Sneaky Sound System “I Will Be Here (Radio Edit)”
No AL. I have a feelin’ Tiёsto gon jack tha deadmau5 style… >>> First few seconds sounded like Cascada’s style wit “ETDF”. Then, it sounded like a better Dance beat! Pretty good start so far! Tha chorus sounds pretty catchy “here,” lol. Pretty good throughout tha rest. Nice lil’ new song. My Rating: 3.9


06. Solange “Would’ve Been The One (Groove Police Radio Edit)”
More newbies… on tha remix! Unlike Solange’s last 3 songs where all urban sources got rid of tha original when tha Dance remix came, this one I neva heard tha original, so this iz 100% new for me! >>> Like her “casanova.” Okay start for this one so far… A lil’ good, but mixed wit some plain as well. Continuin’ on wit tha beat keepin’ it consistent, as well as gr8 lyrics! My Rating: 4.0


07. Carefree “Broken Strings (Sebo Reed Addiction Radio Edit)”
Looks like it gon be good… I don’t know about excitement level, so let’s see… >>> I thought there was gonna be female vocals… I don’t know how much this gon impress me off of tha start, but let’s see… It sounds like tha chorus can be good, but those vocals are not really for me. Huh, where did all tha repetitiveness come from for about 10 seconds (in tha middle of tha 1:34 mark)? Then, it did that Spencer & Hill style after tha chorus? Even more unexpected shit: A female. I’m glad a female came in tha 2nd verse. Tha 2nd verse sounds better here. I thought tha chorus sounded better on tha 2nd time, but I don’t like that random repetitiveness, as well as that beat style/Klaas style after tha chorus. My Rating: 3.6


08. Karmatronic Feat. Lexa Michelle “Stay With Me (Radio Edit)”
They’re known for HMin’. Now, their own song on their self-titled label, lol. I look forward, so hopefully, some REAL good shit from this song!! >>> Sounds like a different beat from Karmatronic, and tha vocals sound real good. Pretty good chorus. Catchy chorus, as it sounds great, especially during tha end of it. A better song from this CD right here. My Rating: 4.1


09. Noisettes “Don’t Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go) (Dave Audé Radio Mix)”
I have a feelin’ it’s male vocals… iPR has this, and I don’t know what it gon bring out on here… >>> It’s gurlz (good). I wonder what gon come outta it though. Sounds different, so I guess they get a plus for gettin’ it. I like that part before tha chorus and after. Pretty good here; vocals remind me of somethin’ I’d play frequently. Really like tha “4, 3, 2, 1!” part. Tha rest was catchy, and great. My Rating: 4.0


10. Beatnik Castle Feat. Francillia “Will U B Mine (Lenny B Radio Edit)”
Looks like a HUGE AL for me… Can I be turned on? :) >>> Sounds like gr8 Lenny B music, and gr8 vocals too; catchy shit here! Sounds like there wasn’t much in tha chorus but tha title… At least tha verses have a good amount of tha piece of tha pie to offer. Kinda long/repetitive towards tha end, but yea, tha verses went tha best for this song + tha music. My Rating: 4.1


½time: Sounds like a pretty decent PO wit some good ones. Nothin’ outstanding though… Hope tha 2nd ½ can show a whole lot off!! Average CD rating currently’s at 3.9.


11. Yves Larock Feat. Steve Edwards “Listen To The Voice Inside (Radio Edit)”
Hope it’s good… >>> Sounds like monkey music in tha beginning, lol. Tha chorus sounds pretty good. Tha music in tha chorus reminds me of a mix between Lenny B (wit tha energy) vs. tha old Yves Larock song “Zookey (Lift Your Leg Up)” wit tha beat. A lil’ better than I thought; nice collab. Nothin’ else ta say… My Rating: 3.8


12. Naturi Naughton “Fame ‘09 (Chris Cox Radio Edit)”
Nice ta see a CC mix, although wit that title, reminds me of tha old “Fame” song from tha gurl that song “Flashdance…What A Feeling”. Goin’ disco, or can we “turn tha beat around” (lol) into a REAL hot Dance beat? >>> Yea, tha beat sounds great, although could be faster… Looks like it gon have some AL, and I hear a female! I got it correct wit tha remake. Pretty nice verse, but where’s tha excitin’ music, as well as better vocals on tha chorus? I like tha mixin’ b4 tha last chorus, as well as tha music after tha chorus. My Rating: 4.2


13. Aspen “Touch Me (Radio Edit)”
A big one (HOPEFULLY)… 144 WHOPPIN’ BPM (betta not be bullshittin’) wit Ultra on tha signin’… They neva sign anything this fast from a new artist these dayz… I hope for tha best!! *Crosses fingers* >>> That beginning sounds like tha older Dance music from this decade!! Ooh, tha music iz pickin’ up!! I have a feelin’ it’ll sound like Cascada style… Actually, pretty good for tha fast style!! You KNOW I REALLY feel this style, so MEGA props!! Nice vocals and lyrics too!! Although Ultra, I don’t think this gon get out there… Too many fast songs are gettin’ ignored these dayz, and it’s sad. :( Tha 2nd verse here (wit tha same lyrics goin’ on) iz soundin’ REAL NICE wit that beat!! Even after tha 2nd chorus, it sounded GREAT wit those vocals!! Damn, that beat iz NICE and fast!!! My Rating: 4.7


14. Flo Rida Feat. Nelly Furtado “Jump (Disco Fries Radio Edit)”
Usually don’t see DF mixes on PO (just on iPR). However, this a new one for me. Surprised this ain’t big in tha mainstream yet… Not a playlist song (as I usually ignore Rap songs like this), but let’s see if this Dance mix can help… >>> Catchy start, as it lasts. Yea, catchy chorus here. This will sound pretty good. I’m surprised this got remixed so fast, and became on PO here. Nice 1st verse from Flo Rida wit tha beat here, although tha beat sounds hot during tha 2nd chorus! LOL @ tha lyrics on tha 2nd verse… Very female-catered, lol. My Rating: 3.9


15. Anané “Let’s Get High (Life Love Music) (Yves Larock Radio Edit)”
Speakin’ of non-Dance artists, here’s anotha one. Although I said, “non-Dance,” Nervous Records on tha signin’? LOL… Her “Shake It” song from last year was signed to Tommy Boy, and now, it went really Dance, although I consider her Dancehall. MCD got this, and they barely play it… I would play it (‘cause Anané iz a turn on for me), but I don’t know how much. Gonna give it tha official review right now! >>> She sounds good, and tha beat iz not bad. Anotha good YL beat, and tha song sounds like “Hot, Hot, Hot” wit tha “high, high, high.” Sounds like a long ending wit tha chorus repeatin’… Still, good right here. Would wish MCD would play more. I feel like I hear “Shake It” more on there than this song, lol. My Current Rating: 4.0


16. LeToya “She Ain’t Got… (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
More DA, lol. Now, I think she was tha one in Destiny’s Child also. Yea, she left a long time ago… I think this iz very borderline of a song, so it should be a gr8 HM by DA!! >>> This prolly tha best DA beat outta tha 3 on here; nice beat intro! Okay, although I thought this was gon be better. IDK if “she ain’t got shit on this song” though. Just ‘cause tha original had a decent BPM, doesn’t mean this had ta be remixed. This just decent. I kinda don’t wanna see this be a MCD song and whateva… My Rating: 3.5


17. Ciara “Like A Surgeon (Abe Clements Radio Mix)”
LOL @ all this “non-Dance”. It’s like, #13 CAME THROUGH HARD, and then, it went all borderline, lol. I don’t know this song from her, so this must be new… >>> Sounds like older music in tha beginning, which can be good. Actually, kinda gettin’ boring wit only :58 in… And this tha longest song on this PO? Ewe… No specialness in tha chorus. Although PO showed luv to a new mixer, they could’ve gotten a better mix. My Rating: 2.8


18. A.K. “Hush (My Name Is A.K.) (BoothPimps Pop Radio Remix)”
Huh, a gun? LOL… An “AK” a gun… Next Plateau signin’ a slow, 123 BPM song wit Pop in tha mix? My AL a lil’ shaky, so I don’t know… Falls under luv or hate ‘til I hear! >>> OMG, a gurl? Tha beginning so fucked me up wit that slow beat and tha moanin’, lol. Great vocals, borderline lyrics, and soundin’ catchy. Definitely enjoyin’ this, so good job for NP on tha signin’! Could’ve been longer… My Rating: 4.3
EDIT: Since there’s periods in tha artist name, we’ll assume it’s initials, lol.


19. Oscar G Feat. Tamara Wallace “Back To You (Friscia & Lamboy Radio Edit)”
I bet it’s good for me… Let’s see what we got here… >>> Sounds like older random Dance music that would be played in mixshows. Nice mix of beats here, so props. It stayin’ good, although I don’t have much ta say. My Rating: 3.7


20. Basement Jaxx “Raindrops (Radio Edit)”
I have NO clue what ta expect from them now… Big on MCE, but how will it apply to this PO/2009? >>> I thought there were no vocals for a sec, but then again, there’s always weird vocals wit their songs. Weird Auto-Tune vocals too, lol. Tha chorus sounded pretty good. I enjoy, so this iz a plus. *Expects it to be dickrided by tha Grammy’s for Best Dance Recording, lol!!* My Rating: 3.8


21. Linda O “Rescue Me (Chris “The Greek” Panaghi Radio Mix)”
Look at this good ending song! Although I prefer tha Original Radio Mix, this iz prolly just decent. Tha ORM iz doin’ gr8 wit me, so let’s see what we got as I rehear this remix! >>> Tha beat doesn’t catch on that much in tha beginning here like tha original version. Of course, she always does her thang wit these Dance songs, and I enjoy her vocals & lyrics a whole lot! Just, no catch in tha music during tha chorus unlike tha original version. Really like that “echo of goodbye” in tha chorus! Yea, nothin’ special about tha music in this version. My Current Rating: Original Radio Mix: 4.6 | This Mix: 3.7


Overall: Well, as always, not that many special songs, although a bunch came through on tha better side. A lot of these don’t sound that mainstreamish (mainly tha 1st ½’s Dance songs), but they’ll prolly get out there like flies, lol.


Rankings (according to my ratings):

21.       Ciara “Like A Surgeon (Abe Clements Radio Mix)” 2.8
20.       Britney Spears “Radar (Manhattan Clique UHF Radio Mix)” 3.4
19.       LeToya “She Ain’t Got… (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 3.5
18.       Carefree “Broken Strings (Sebo Reed Addiction Radio Edit)” 3.6
17.       Linda O “Rescue Me (Chris “The Greek” Panaghi Radio Mix)” 3.7
16.       Oscar G Feat. Tamara Wallace “Back To You (Friscia & Lamboy Radio Edit)” 3.7
15.       Sarah McLeod “Tell Your Story Walkin’ (Still & Havoc Radio Remix) (Promo Only Clean Edit)” 3.7
14.       La Roux “Bulletproof (Dave Audé Cherry Mix Edit)” 3.8
13.       Yves Larock Feat. Steve Edwards “Listen To The Voice Inside (Radio Edit)” 3.8
12.       Basement Jaxx “Raindrops (Radio Edit)” 3.8
11.        Tiёsto with Sneaky Sound System “I Will Be Here (Radio Edit)” 3.9
10.       Flo Rida Feat. Nelly Furtado “Jump (Disco Fries Radio Edit)” 3.9
09.       Solange “Would’ve Been The One (Groove Police Radio Edit)” 4.0
08.       Noisettes “Don’t Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go) (Dave Audé Radio Mix)” 4.0
07.       Anane “Let’s Get High (Life Love Music) (Yves Larock Radio Edit)” 4.0
06.       Beatnik Castle Feat. Francillia “Will U B Mine (Lenny B Radio Edit)” 4.1
05.       Karmatronic Feat. Lexa Michelle “Stay With Me (Radio Edit)” 4.1
04.       Naturi Naughton “Fame ‘09 (Chris Cox Radio Edit)” 4.2
03.   A.K. “Hush (My Name Is A.K.) (BoothPimps Pop Radio Remix)” 4.3
02.   Cascada Feat. Carlprit “Evacuate The Dancefloor (Radio Edit)” 4.4 :rofl
01.   Aspen “Touch Me (Radio Edit)”


Average CD Review:

Total Score:              81.4
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating: 3.9

^ LOL’d @ Cascada bein’ #2 ‘cause I didn’t think it would be that high wit statistics.