FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Review #622: Promo Only: Dance Radio September 2010

Reviewed on 8.22.2010 (Review #622)


Comin’ through nice and early, here goes a REALLY anticipated review for Promo Only: Dance Radio September 2010 Start Time: 3:04 PM | End Time: 5:09 PM


Quick Notes:
1. I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings (if a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much REALLY LOVE it as it’s considered “mindblowin’” when I hear it) so any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating.
To tha artist/producer: Don’t get catchy feelin’s if I don’t like a song on a first listen. Things could change in tha future as I could love it, so you neva know!
2. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song. Anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
3. AL = Anticipation Level
4. MC = Music Choice (wit these letters attached, it adds to MC: D/E = Dance/Electronica (just a D or an E represents tha separate part of tha channel); R = Rap; H = Hitlist; HH&R&B = Hip-Hop And R&B; SOTS = Sounds Of The Seasons)
5. PO = Promo Only
6. iPR = iPartyRadio
7. RE = Radio Edit
8. PFM = Party FM
9. PB = Perfect Beat
10. MS = MySpace
11. YT = YouTube
12. FB = Facebook
13. IC = In-consideration (of playing tha song)
14. HM = Hit mixer
15. Any other initials usually relate to tha artist/song I’m currently reviewin’.
16. DvD = Dance vs. Dance (meanin’ a Dance artist covered/remade another Dance artist’s song)

© 2010 CD Review (Review #622) reviewed on 8.22.2010 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Longo & Wainwright Feat. Craig Smart “One Life Stand”
CS looks like a DJ name ‘cause MCD got this song by Ridder & CS called “Higher” three months ago. Anyway, tha title was makin’ me think it was tha Hot Chip MCE/my college station’s song but this iz a completely new Dance song signed by Parker/Next Plateau! LMAO! MCE’s now playin’ their “OLS” so now, lemme hear this one at tha same time! >>> Tha beginning lyrics sound like a remake or somethin’ but this iz soundin’ hot for a start; this CD gon be REAL, REAL HOT!!! Anticipatin’ music and tha vocals sound betta here than “Higher” although those “Higher” vocals/lyrics were real catchy in tha Dance world! Also, once again, THUMBS UP for a PO startin’ off wit a Next Plateau song; that just makes things much better and much more anticipatin’! BEST PO-startin’ song of tha year right behind “Revolver” from tha 1/10 CD!! My Rating: 4.5


02. Niamh Egan “You’re The One”
LOL @ tha “pronounced Neeve” in tha ID; it makes it REAL anticipatin’ and REAL lucky since this iz tha 1st PO song to have that in tha ID!! I KNOW this gon be REAL HOT since this iz tha fastest song (a REAL fast BPM @ 142) on here and wit Robbins backin’ it up!!! >>> Talk about it; you USUALLY NEVA hear REAL HOT songs right away on POs!!! They’re usually towards tha near-end of tha CD!!! VERY ANTICIPATIN’ start here wit tha beat and tha vocals!! Shit, yea, tha chorus actually BLEW ME AWAY!!! WOW!!! :tu I don’t need to hear tha rest; THIS IZ A PERFECT-RATED SONG!!!!! Tha beat’s just REAL, REAL KICK-ASS IN THA CHORUS!!!!! :tu This iz REALLY what PO should sound like EACH MONTH!!! Let’s hope this song brings GR8 influence to future Dance songs/artists/labels!!! My Rating: 5.0


-> Tha average CD rating right now iz 4.8; SHOULD STAY LIKE THAT!!!!!


03. Kim Sozzi “Just One Day”
LOL, no mix names so far, lol!! This iz a VERY ANTICIPATIN’ PO!!! MCD got this quickly and it sounds real anticipatin’ so lemme hear it!! >>> I was thinkin’ that song that Bellatrax produced for her should be a future single but this sounds good for now… This iz better than her last song and tha beat’s REAL HOT here; good job wit your GR8 vocals and showin’ luv ta Dance music, Kim!!! Strictly consistent here!!! My Rating: 4.5


04. Neon Trees “Animal (Smash Mode Radio Edit)”
Wit SM on tha mix, I’d think it’d be slow but it has 136 BPM! I think this PO wins in ALL ways here!! Kinda a Rocky song so let’s see if I like it as a HM… >>> Feelin’ tha beat start; not sure about these vocals though… I’m gonna try and be nice here since my mood iz SKY-HIGH!!! WOW!! ANOTHER KICK-ASS-soundin’ chorus!!! That came outta nowhere!!! Speakin’ of SM, if only they did this to Kristine Elezaj “Let You Know” on last September’s CD; would’ve been REAL GR8!!! My Rating: 4.4


05. Selena Gomez & The Scene “Round & Round (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
Well, their last song had gotten a 4.8 rating from me, which brings good luck here! I dunno… will this be as gr8? Let’s hear it… >>> Yea, this iz a DEFINITE plus already!! I didn’t think about payin’ attention to tha original version but tha start ALREADY caught my attention!! Good job, DA; keep it up!! I really like tha pre-chorus and tha actual chorus; DEFINITELY a gr8 follow up!! LOL, tha bridge reminded me of a rap or somethin’ and sounded gr8 too!! REAL HOT soundin’ after that too like in tha “Naturally” remix wit tha continuous beat sound!!! My Rating: 4.6


06. Mon A Q “How Long (Lenny B Radio Edit)”
She’s back and so iz tha Tone 1 Music label!! You KNOW I’m DEFINITELY lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this too!!! >>> Keepin’ things goin’; GLAD ta have tha Lenny B sound again!! You KNOW it sounds good here in tha beginning wit tha chorus and HOT-ASS beat!! Tha 1st verse sounds pretty good for what it iz; I think tha chorus stands out overall and this iz a good song for tha future… LOL, now that she’s back, will I find another $200 winning scratch-off lottery ticket like wit her last song three years ago, lol? Haven’t had much luck wit dat lately but maybe she could resurrect it, lol! I think tha breakdown sounds good on this song like tha SG&TS song too… My Rating: 4.4


07. Sirens “Stilettos”
More AL for me but a much slower song at only 123? I think we goin’ to tha borderline route here but I’m DEFINITELY lookin’ forward to their new song!! >>> LOL, started immediately and yea, on tha GaGa beat tip here… Too bad MCD had their last song in late-night rotation; sounded too mainstream for late-night… Anyway, luvin’ tha quality here for some reason although Pop stations should recognize here… Tha chorus’s pretty catchy and tha verses sound smooth and good wit tha mixed-soundin’ vocals… This should get a remix soon. Hope at least MCH gets this for its soundin’… My Rating: 4.2


08. BT “The Emergency”
Oh, that title struck me like tha Kim Leoni song, lol! Speakin’ of it, I was in my 1st car accident on this Friday tha 13th. :( Someone banged into my mom’s car when we were exchangin’ my digital cable remote and I had Kim Leoni on my iPod. Quite ironic title for an accident, lol! Anyway, looks anticipatin’ and tha last song sounded good so let’s see what’s good wit him here… >>> Sounds like it gon be a slow, good song based off tha beginning… Damn, tha hot, consistent beat that I usually get bored of iz in tha beginning here, soundin’ good! Sounds like some GOOD Dance music here wit tha soundin’… Wow, tha chorus sounds HOT wit tha beat here!! Tha vocals are soundin’ good and pretty strong-soundin’ here!! Tha rest of tha song’s pretty hot here; good shit! My Rating: 4.3


09. Basshunter “Saturday (Digital Dog Radio Edit)”
In this PO of fast songs, here comes a fast artist wit a slower mix, lol. Although I’d prolly rather hear an original version, let’s hope DD still makes things hot!!! >>> Doesn’t sound like him in tha beginning; a girl soundin’ hot on tha beginning!! Also, tha beat’s holdin’ it down here and now, I hear Basshunter on tha 1st verse wit this backin’-up vocal girl!! Tha chorus iz good; doesn’t really sound like a song he would make, which kinda sounds a lil’ borderline here… Overall, this iz another gr8-soundin’ song on this REALLY GR8 PO!!! My Rating: 4.2


10. Stefano Gamma “Love Is The Boss (Benny Benassi Radio Edit)”
LOL, this song that PFM now LUVS!! I believe off tha sample I heard on YT, this iz like tha next male-vocal song (like an Evermore “It’s Too Late” or “Sweet Disposition”) that’s gonna be HUGE!! Red Stick’s behind it so that means it’s prolly gonna be on every source too! Lemme see if I can keep my interest when I hear it… >>> LOL, that first second reminded me of tha “Goodnight Tonight” intro, which kinda gave me a lil’ AL… Oh yea, I remember this… I don’t really anticipate these kinda songs wit an original-soundin’ start but this iz becomin’ to sound real hot!! Thought it would be borderline but I think it’s more Dance since Red Stick signed… DEFINITELY thumbs up for tha BB beat too!! Yea, tha 2nd verse sounds gr8 too!! Much better than I expected and lol @ my “not ICin’” when I 1st heard it; should’ve just got it anyway… My Rating: 4.4


½time: Wow, this iz a FIRST on PO where I LUV (4.0+ ratings) EVERY SINGLE SONG SO FAR!!! A bunch of them I REALLY luv!!! A WHOPPING 4.5 iz tha average CD rating right now!! I swear, it feels like my HIGH, CONSISTENT-QUALITY Louisiana Rap undaground music right now wit all these TIGHT ratings!!! I KNOW tha rest’ll stay like this!!!


11. Ciara Feat. Ludacris “Ride (Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Radio Edit)”
LOL, MCD got tha Nevins mix but you KNOW a VERY HOT CD HAD to have a dose of MR!!! I don’t really take some of these songs that serious when I first hear ‘em so let’s see how it does on tha review/new mix… >>> Yea, this mix iz better but my interest iz still kinda low… Tha chorus iz soundin’ pretty good here so that’s a plus… LOL, Ludacris iz tha rapper that’s on tha most of tha POs this year; this iz like his 4th appearance or somethin’, lol. This time, I’m likin’ his flow and tha pretty good-soundin’ beat too! My Rating: 4.0


12. Alex Sayz Feat. Sibel “United As One”
Looks like tha older Sybel singer but I guess this iz a different vocalist. Anotha new MCD song so let’s see how HOT this one iz!! >>> Of course, GOTTA have that hot beat start!! Okay, this iz a new vocalist for me and she’s soundin’ pretty good here!! Sounds like a STRONG chorus so this DEFINITELY gets tha thumbs up!! I think I should just retire all tha older PO songs from my playlist (excluding Kim Leoni “Emergency”) and just PLAY this WHOLE CD consistently!!! LOL!! Tha 2nd verse sounds real hot here; DEFINITELY likin’ it!! My Rating: 4.4


13. Guerilla Rips “Lady Madonna (Short Edit)”
I smell somethin’ funny ‘bout this one, lol! We went from tha fastest song on here (Song #2—142 BPM—Robbins) to tha slowest song on here (115 BPM—Robbins also); Robbins got both fast and slow, lol! Funny title so I’d say this iz either gonna be addicting or somethin’ weird; let’s see… >>> Weird start in tha beat; doesn’t sound that Dance… Hope it doesn’t ruin—oh no, male vocals… Was gonna say, “Hope it doesn’t ruin tha 4.0 ratings;” I think it iz! :( Why iz this here? This iz a turn off and tha beat just iz too much to where I can barely hear tha vocals… Nothing really caught my interest here and this REALLY blew tha ratings!! :td But, at least 12 4.0’s in a row (starting) iz tha new record! Robbins got tha fastest and slowest song on this CD but now, they also have my highest and lowest rating on this CD too, lol! My Rating: 1.4


14. Twins “Boys, Boys, Boys (Darwich N-Joy Radio Mix)”
Looks like a title Lady GaGa was influenced by or somethin’ (‘cause I think she remade a “Girls, Girls, Girls”). Anyway, I know Darwich from only remixin’ tha Kim Leoni “Again” song (nice and fast) back three years ago. But, only 128 BPM this time? I’m still anticipated for tha mix; I just hope it doesn’t sound BAD like tha last song on here!!! >>> Yea, tha mix sounds like it gon play a REAL GR8 job; nice comeback, Mr. Darwich!! Sounds good for a 128 song and tha vocals are hella catchy; sounds like it’s 2000 or somethin’ again!! :tu Just tha letter B signed it, lol! Tha verses sound hot as hell wit those vocals here!! My Rating: 4.5


15. Lucas Prata “Gimme The Beat”
LOL… He performed this at tha Megajam when I was there; didn’t realize it was as fast as 135 BPM. However, I think it’s a lil’ Pop but then again, I need to rehear it to remember… >>> Oh yea, I remember this Usher/Young Jeezy “Love In This Club” start. Ugh, scary Auto-Tune background start too before tha 1st verse… LOL, this iz kinda cheesy and throws off tha consistent ratings from earlier… I can’t even consider this a Dance song; no wonder why Mainstream PO picked it up too… It’s an okay song but nothin’ like this CD!! My Current Rating: 3.7


16. Hamilton “Sun (Trevor Simpson Radio Remix)”
High AL on tha mix here… Looks like a dude so I don’t know what else ta say but to hear it… >>> Tight beat start; tha vocals sound a lil’ on tha gay-soundin’ side though on this pretty good beat… Tha chorus iz a lil’ on tha interestin’ side… Tha beat right before tha 2nd verse sounds like this has an original version or somethin’… Still likin’ tha beat here on tha 2nd verse… Kinda losin’ interest as this iz almost four minutes and tha last like minute iz tha chorus… My Rating: 3.8


17. Dave Audé Feat. Isha Coco “Figure It Out”
This CD only had one “content warning” so far (“Ride”). Now, a DA song has one too, lol? Let’s see what’s really good wit this song; feelin’ tha 134 BPM anticipation!!! >>> Sounds like a different/hot beat start here… Ooh, feelin’ tha female vocals and tha BPMs throughout tha verse… LOL, tha “damn” in tha 2nd verse gave this a content warning, smh. I thought this was gonna be a hidden Rap-type or somethin’, lol. For some reason, this either sounds like a Pop song or a BT-soundin’ song, overall… But, it’s definitely catchy! My Rating: 4.2


18. Kaskade Feat. Dragonette “Fire In Your New Shoes”
Looks really anticipatin’ here; I think it’ll be a REAL GOOD single for some reason… >>> Okay beat start. Tha vocals sound like Gwen Stefani here or somethin’. LOL, that chorus came outta nowhere and sounds a lil’ on tha loud side wit tha beat, lol. Thought this would be betta; not too into this beat as it’s kinda dry… This was kinda short too… My Rating: 3.5


19. L2 “Boys Or Girls (Funk Generation Radio Mix)”
Anotha boy/girl song but here’s tha other Funk Generation mix!! Same artist/label name so high AL here!!! >>> Sounds like a HOT-ASS start here!!! Thought tha beat would go REAL crazy after seven seconds but it sounds like just kicks… Tha vocals give me anticipation and sound hot! This iz hot although tha “Ride” mix sounded more Dance; this sounds more Rhythm… Catchy chorus but most of all, very catchy vocals!! ROFL @ all tha edited words on tha 2nd verse!! :rofl That was outta nowhere!! Tha breakdown sounds pretty good too… My Rating: 4.5


20. Lenny B Feat. Drew Darcy “The Night Belongs To You (Sylvane Radio Edit)”
Looks good on tha ID; lookin’ forward to more new Dance music!! >>> Tha start’s pretty hot but it’s like I can’t hear tha Lenny B sound wit this havin’ a mix on it… Tha male vocals are okay here. Although I’m not crazy about these vocals, that chorus iz pretty STRONG wit how it sounds and iz delivered!! Sounds a lil’ more like LB after tha chorus… Still, I think this would’ve been better if it was an Original Radio Edit or somethin’ for tha mix. But, it still serves as a good Dance song! My Rating: 3.7


21. Underworld “Always Loved A Film”
BEST PO ENDING IN A LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG TIME!!!!! Thought this would be a weird-ass MCE song but this iz really on tha Dance tip!! Usually, I stereotype tha beat soundin’ but this time, it’s REALLY ON FIRE here!! I couldn’t resist for some reason to hear it on MCE; just had to hear it and it gave me more AL to do tha review!! More clearer vocals here from them than usual songs they make where they’re hella weird. Also, I find it more interesting when tha title’s not said… Plus, tha fade-out ending ends PERFECTLY wit this CD since this iz tha last song!! My Current Rating: 4.8


Overall: DEFINITELY THA BEST PO IN A LONG TIME OR BETTA YET, THA BEST PO I EVA REVIEWED!!! I always luved tha June 2006 and November 2007 CDs but this one iz RIGHT UP THERE!!! Too bad for that stupid “Lady Madonna” song. If that wasn’t on here, tha average CD rating of this CD would’ve broken a record at 4.3!! But, it’s whateva… still had tha BEST ½time eva!! Can’t believe tha CONSISTENCY of this CD!!! Best consistency EVER and it’s funny ‘cause this came out VERY early and I didn’t waste any time to review it, lol!


Rankings:

21.       Guerilla Rips “Lady Madonna (Short Edit)” 1.4
20.       Kaskade Feat. Dragonette “Fire In Your New Shoes” 3.5
19.       Lucas Prata “Gimme The Beat” 3.7
18.       Lenny B Feat. Drew Darcy “The Night Belongs To You (Sylvane Radio Edit)” 3.7
17.       Hamilton “Sun (Trevor Simpson Radio Remix)” 3.8
16.       Ciara Feat. Ludacris “Ride (Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Radio Edit)” 4.0
15.       Dave Audé Feat. Isha Coco “Figure It Out” 4.2
14.       Sirens “Stilettos” 4.2
13.       Basshunter “Saturday (Digital Dog Radio Edit)” 4.2
12.       BT “The Emergency” 4.3
11.        Stefano Gamma “Love Is The Boss (Benny Benassi Radio Edit)” 4.4
10.       Mon A Q “How Long (Lenny B Radio Edit)” 4.4
09.       Alex Sayz Feat. Sibel “United As One” 4.4
08.       Neon Trees “Animal (Smash Mode Radio Edit)” 4.4
07.       L2 “Boys Or Girls (Funk Generation Radio Mix)” 4.5
06.       Twins “Boys, Boys, Boys (Darwich N-Joy Radio Mix)” 4.5
05.       Longo & Wainwright Feat. Craig Smart “One Life Stand” 4.5
04.       Kim Sozzi “Just One Day” 4.5
03.   Selena Gomez & The Scene “Round & Round (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 4.6
02.   Underworld “Always Loved A Film” 4.8
01.   Niamh Egan “You’re The One”  5.0


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              87.0
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.1