FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Review #1,001: Promo Only: Dance Radio May 2011

Reviewed on 6.12.2011 (Review #1,001)


Finally gettin’ ta review Promo Only: Dance Radio May 2011. I’m lookin’ forward ta June’s, so I’ll prolly breeze through this one. It’s not that fun when you know most of tha songs and all dat; not like I was really anticipated for this one, anyway… I also tried to find tha songs before May ended but only found about 14. :( Start Time: 9:10 PM | End Time: 10:24 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2011 CD Review (Review #1,001) reviewed on 6.12.2011 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. September “Me And My Microphone”
This iz a good comeback! I know this song’ll be pretty big in tha Dance world (I think it already iz) and I won’t mind if it gets played out. I really like tha resurrected, Robbins-Euro feel to this song; she sounds like she can kick typical rappers’s asses wit tha fastness of her rhymin’!! :tu My Current Rating: 4.5


02. Alex Gaudino Feat. Kelly Rowland “What A Feeling”
Speaking of “not that fun…,” this iz an example. I could’ve heard this on PO on a 3rd or 4th listen but now, it’s like my 50 – 100th. :( This iz a decent song that could have better music; tha vocals are here but where’s tha exciting Dance sound? :? My Current Rating: 4.0


03. Avril Lavigne “What The Hell (Bimbo Jones Remix)”
Neva got ta hear tha remix although it would’ve been nice if it came earlier, ‘cause tha original’s been out since tha very beginning of tha year. >>> For a 132 BPM BJ mix, it doesn’t sound like I can hear it that much. This iz an okay remix; not tha best. ‘Cause of this lateness, I doubt this’ll even get a lot of airplay wit me. :( But, at least Avril’s in tha remix-Dance world, again, although no one even got this mix. :( I like her “what?!” parts, lol. My Rating: 3.8


04. JTX “Love In America (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)”
Got this from when I tried to get tha songs from this CD. It randomly played on my iPod while I was driving yesterday and I let it play. However, I wasn’t too impressed wit this Next Plateau song; sounds too much like a Pop song that a mainstream label could’ve signed—not a Dance label! When I drive, I try not to let less-interesting songs play. It’s not tha worst but if no one’s pickin’ this up, I don’t see it gettin’ more than, maybe, five spins wit me, lol? My Current Rating: 3.4


05. Avicii “Derezzed (Remix Vocal Edit Of The Music By Daft Punk From Tron Legacy)”
Too much in a mix name, lol? Even tha Disney movie’s name iz in there, lol. Anyway, this iz startin’ ta get old. Both MCE & my college station got tha original, Daft Punk “Derezzed”, and played it like crazy. Even MTV played it for a while, too. Now, this vocal edit came around and it sounds good; I think those vocals sound 99% like Negin ( :) “Unexpected” gurl from 3/11 PO)! Such a great voice! This’ll prolly be in ignored rotation wit me since it’s kinda old but as far as a rating, pretty good… My Current Rating: 3.9


06. Robyn “Call Your Girlfriend (Sultan & Ned Shepard Remix Radio Edit)”
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROBYN!!! It’s her 32nd birthday today!! She kicks ass no matter what year/decade/day it iz!! At first, I thought this was somewhat-boring of a song/remix (think my college station got tha original version and I didn’t even think of gettin’ it ‘cause of tha title, lol) but since MCD keeps playing it, it’s one of those songs that’s startin’ ta sound addicting! However, in a playlist perspective, it kinda sucks ta just add it now; could’ve had a reputation wit me, previously, although I’ve been too busy, at times, to play music a lot, which I hope I fix soon! :( My Current Rating: 4.1


07. Benny Benassi Feat. Gary Go “Cinema”
*Throws up* ROFL! I LOL/SMH at it everytime it plays on MCD. Lookin’ forward to reviewin’ tha Dubstep version on tha next PO! Prolly tha best, 70 – 80 BPM song/mix PO has had, lol! But, to write somethin’: MTV Hits iz startin’ to play Dance videos, at times; they have a “Dance Mix”, which iz not as great as their Early 2000s Dance mixes but it’s exposure, at least. This video was featured in their “Dance Mix” not too long ago. My Current Rating: 3.1


08. Britney Spears “Till The World Ends (Jump Smokers Radio Remix)”
Speakin’ of “throws up,” add this to tha list; will MCD get rid of tha original version, already?!? Sick of their non-Dance failures! >>> I liked tha “Hold It Against Me” shit/addictive mix JS did better. Damn, this ain’t eva ending! That’s not how a 132 BPM song/mix should be! My Rating: 2.4


09. Gia Bella “Jump (Smash Mode Radio Remix)”
‘Bout time fa some exciting, new music!! Finally got ta hear tha Mike Rizzo mix on MCD and it sounds good; sounds like this iz an anthem! Lemme hear what this mix has ta offer! >>> Yes, somethin’ different for a SM sound; looks like this’ll have 2x tha chance to do good wit me wit this and tha MR mix. I think I like MR’s mix better but I’m glad for a Gia Bella comeback (“Back It Up (Dave Audé) from tha 7/09 CD was her previous song)! :tu Catchy chorus wit tha “jump” effects and lyrics, too! LOL, even tha end sound jumped! My Rating: 4.3


10. Danny Dove & Ben Preston Feat. Susie Ledge “Falling”
I was able to find this but didn’t get to hear it; looks like it’ll be a song people should get? >>> Sounds good; nobody has this, yet, sadly… I feel like I’ll fall for tha hotness, here; nice, soothin’ vocals wit a catchy Dance beat! Follow-up to ‘08’s “Need In Me”? It’s seems like it’s about time! Because of how slow this seemed, at times, I thought this song went by fast, lol; hot beats, once again! My Rating: 4.2


½time: Not really likin’ this PO that much; not too many new or exciting songs… Current CD Rating: 3.8


11. Steve Aoki & Laidback Luke Feat. Lil’ Jon “Turbulence”
ROFL! Surprised I ain’t been gettin’ in tha mood to play this as much as possible. Just a decade ago, some of my favorite, Dirty South Rap music was comin’ from Lil’ Jon; I even included him as an influence for my Rap tastes in my documentary I just did. Unfortunately, after ’05, he switched styles to stupid “snap” music, then Crunk Rock, and now, eva since about two years ago, he’s been on tha Dance scene. I find it really odd that this happened; I lol @ every chance I get! It’s like, here’s a big, tall, black dude wit dreads and a grill in his whole entire mouth, enterin’ tha Dance world, lol! Anyway, as far as tha song, kick-ass beat; guess it’s great when two DJs get together and do tha damn thang!! Much better than dat stupid, played-out “I’m In The House”!! I gon rate this pretty high ‘cause of how great tha song iz; I need to play it more!! LOL, one of my boyz from Louisiana collaborated wit Lil’ Jon two years ago; I feel like joking around wit him and sayin’, “what was it like hooking up wit a Techno dude?” He’ll prolly be like, “???,” but fa real, I don’t think we’ll be hearin’ Lil’ Jon in tha Rap scene, much, since he’s in tha Dance world, now. My Current Rating: 4.7


12. One Eskimo “Amazing (Swiss American Federation Radio Edit)”
Saw this mix on tha Mainstream PO; I know of this bein’ a Pop/Alternative song so let’s see if this mix iz Dance or mainstreamish… >>> Sounds like it could be Dance-y, in a Lite FM vs. HM perspective… LOL, some hot beats comin’ through on tha chorus; pretty nice! This iz kinda quick for a slow song, once again; beat’s are nice, though. My Rating: 4.0


13. Inna “Sun Is Up (Play & Win Radio Edit)”
Fuck this mix!!! Mico Remix for 2011!! Too bad I got this, exclusively, last Summer; I made tha wrong choice. I was dealin’ wit some fake-ass people last Summer and I didn’t even make a dime! Now that this song’s on PO, I’ve made $690.00 from doin’ business wit Louisiana people after I dropped this song/mix last year and am not puttin’ up wit peoples’s BS! Glad MCD got tha Mico mix; gives a nice, different/making-money perspective for me, and iz even gettin’ some play on my iPod/computer! My Current Rating: 2.2 (would’ve prolly been, like, 3.5 – 3.7 if this was FL)


14. Natalia Kills “Mirrors (Adrian Lux Remix)”
Saw tha original version a while ago and thought this was on an interestin’, GaGa style. But, for some reason, tha download failed when I tried to get it. Now, let’s see this remix. >>> Sounds like a completely, new song all over again, lol. Tha chorus iz hot but this sounds mixed differently from what I would’ve liked ta hear for a HM; guess they’re tryin’ to be more Dance? Damn, this was anotha quick song! My Rating: 3.9


15. Kat DeLuna “Dancing Tonight (Ralphi Rosario Radio Edit)”
Didn’t do a preview and look at tha ID, yet. >>> Sounds like a hot, club song for tha long start! *Now looking at ID* LOL! What a tight trick! Too bad no one has this; glad for a quality RR mix, again!! Glad for this resurrectin’, Scotty K-soundin’ style on tha mix! LOL, seemed a lot longer than 3:33 for some reason… My Rating: 4.2


16. Lauren Elle “Accessories (Smash Mode Radio Mix)”
Anotha SM mix, which ironically, this has a Mike Rizzo mix, too; let’s see this mix. >>> I thought this would sound more Dance but it’s more Pop wit tha content. I think MR wins wit this song, too, smh, but tha music on tha chorus iz hot. LOL, gotta like this title but could’ve been a lil’ better for a song… My Rating: 3.8


17. Above & Beyond Feat. Richard Bedford “Sun & Moon”
LOL, when I first heard this song, tha opening line scared me: “It’s raining, it’s pouring;” thought I was hearin’ a nursery rhyme like, “It’s raining, it’s pouring; tha old man iz snoring!” But, it’s a hot, VT song wit continuous, catchy music and great male vocals! Good ta have A&B on tha 2011 scene! What goes good wit this iz Dash Berlin/Emma Hewitt “Disarm Yourself”; now that would get a perfect rating from me if it was on here ‘cause that song’s pure, kick-ass!!! Prolly tha best-produced song for 2011! Surprised MCD even got that song ‘cause they’re not big wit fast songs but they luv EH! My Current Rating: 4.5


18. Sam Freidberg Feat. Asia “Fire (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)”
Let’s see if this iz better for a LK mix. >>> Sounds like a hot start; I feel like I’m anticipatin’ this more than tha Danny Dove song! Yes, this iz definitely hotter!! Tha vocals sound like they’re from tha ‘90s/Early ‘00s and they’re soundin’ like they’re kickin’ ass!! Also, some hot lyrics, too! My Rating: 4.3


19. Jessie & The Toy Boys Feat. Yelawolf “Push It (Ron Reeser & Dan Saenz Radio Edit)”
LMAO, such a kick-ass song!! SMH @ PO for editing out “go to Hell;” there are much-worse things than that! I could not figure out what tha edited word was but smh. Anyway, seems like I got addicted to this song pretty quick; hit #1 on my playlist and everything! Nice, kick-ass music from tha RR&DS as well as a great appearance from white rapper Yelawolf, who I heard for tha 1st time on here, surprisingly! I dunno why MCD doesn’t have Yelawolf in their version; tha gurls rap, too. Oh, this iz super clean; they edited out tha “cake” part (I believe that’s only gettin’ cash or it might mean somethin’ else, lol), “kitty cat” (pussy, lol), “back in tha lac” (smh), and even when he ended tha verse wit tha title, smh? How can you censor tha title? :? Gay clean version; glad I ripped tha regular version from RR or DS’s SoundCloud page! ;) But, Yelawolf did a nice job wit tha kick-ass rappin’! I won’t let tha clean edits screw up how I originally feel about this song, though. My Current Rating: 4.8


20. Wolfgang Gartner Feat. will.i.am “Forever”
Not too crazy about this song, especially since it’s always on MCD. WG’s soundin’ too much like tha MCE version of deadmau5 on tha beat (sounds like same instrument sounds, at times) and w.i.a and tha Black Eyed Peas seem to fuck up tha Rap world (can’t consider them Rap, really?) and tha Dance world, at times. :td Where’s tha “Me & Myself” beat and those ’08 times? LOL, MTV Hits’s “Dance Mix” got WG’s previous song, “Illmerica”, and it was an instrumental song! Seems like these lyrics are dedicated to partyin’ but also, tha late, Hip-Hop DJ AM, who died of a drug overdose in 2009. My Current Rating: 2.8


21. Greg Pary “Why Don’t We Just Fuck?”
LOL, endin’ it wit tha dirtiest title/a Robbins song! Yup; Robbins, Robbins, Robbins, lol! Been waitin’ ta hear this! >>> Sounds like a club start and then, it sounds like a Dance but also, a Pop-soundin’ sound wit these vocals… LOL, a random gurl sounds like a slow, Dance version of Ke$ha. I’m likin’ how she says tha title and now that I’m hearin’ tha chorus music, it sounds like somethin’ Klaas would make wit tha format and everything! LOL, jackin’ their style? Anyway, good song/ending wit an interestin’, not-too-borderline-soundin’ song! My Rating: 4.2


Overall: Turned out to get a lil’ interestin’ toward tha end… But, for tha most part, this fucks up my adding of new songs. Usually, I add not-played songs tha 1st Friday of tha following month. Unfortunately, already two Fridays have past in June, already, smh; guess I’ll have to wait ‘til my 23rd birthday, June 21! I will review June’s tomorrow; that should turn out better!


Rankings:

21.       Inna “Sun Is Up (Play & Win Radio Edit)” 2.2 (generous ranking, lol)
20.       Britney Spears “Till The World Ends (Jump Smokers Radio Remix)” 2.4
19.       Wolfgang Gartner Feat. will.i.am “Forever” 2.8
18.       Benny Benassi Feat. Gary Go “Cinema” 3.1
17.       JTX “Love In America (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)” 3.4
16.       Avril Lavigne “What The Hell (Bimbo Jones Remix)” 3.8
15.       Lauren Elle “Accessories (Smash Mode Radio Mix)” 3.8
14.       Avicii “Derezzed (Remix Vocal Edit Of The Music By Daft Punk From Tron Legacy)” 3.9
13.       Natalia Kills “Mirrors (Adrian Lux Remix)” 3.9
12.       One Eskimo “Amazing (Swiss American Federation Radio Edit)” 4.0
11.        Alex Gaudino Feat. Kelly Rowland “What A Feeling” 4.0
10.       Robyn “Call Your Girlfriend (Sultan & Ned Shepard Remix Radio Edit)” 4.1
09.       Greg Pary “Why Don’t We Just Fuck?” 4.2
08.       Danny Dove & Ben Preston Feat. Susie Ledge “Falling” 4.2
07.       Kat DeLuna “Dancing Tonight (Ralphi Rosario Radio Edit)” 4.2
06.       Sam Freidberg Feat. Asia “Fire (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)” 4.3
05.       Gia Bella “Jump (Smash Mode Radio Remix)” 4.3
04.       September “Me And My Microphone” 4.5
03.   Above & Beyond Feat. Richard Bedford “Sun & Moon” 4.5
02.   Steve Aoki & Laidback Luke Feat. Lil’ Jon “Turbulence” 4.7 (lol)
01.   Jessie & The Toy Boys Feat. Yelawolf “Push It (Ron Reeser & Dan Saenz Radio Edit)” 4.8 :)


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              81.1
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.9