FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Review #1,063: Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2011

Reviewed on 8.23.2011 (Review #1,063)


Two PO reviewz in one day, lol! Thinkin’ this one’s gonna be better than July’s! Here goes my review for Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2011! Start Time: 9:10 PM | End Time: 10:54 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2011 CD Review (Review #1,063) reviewed on 8.23.2011 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Britney Spears “I Wanna Go (Smash Mode Radio Remix)”
MCD, where are you? Get rid of tha orig.! I like tha orig. better than “Till The World Ends” but ignored tha orig. ‘cause of timing. Let’s see if I can like this remix a touch so I can make it rank higher than “TTWE” on my YEC! >>> Sounds like it can be good but I can’t appreciate it too much, guess ‘cause it’s Ms. Spears? I have to say that tha beat’s pretty hot, here, for a remix… Like how she says, “there’s a countdown waiting;” been like that for 11 years now, lol! My Rating: 3.7


02. Zoë Badwi “Accidents Happen (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)”
Really like tha original, despite it bein’ a ‘jinx-car’ song (“accidents” do “happen”, lol). Came on so many times on shuffle while I was drivin’ on Long Island, thinkin’, “lol!” How will this remix sound? Glad she’s gettin’ out there in a big way! >>> Soundin’ watered down; where’s tha hot music? Fuck, now my rating’s gonna look fucked up ‘cause of this mix bein’ on here! My Rating: 2.7


03. David Morales & Jonathan Mendelsohn “You Just Don’t Love Me”
This looks like it gon be big! A year after “Till Tonight”, we get… >>> Kinda a boring start fa me; where’s tha hyped-up vocals from tha “Till Tonight” dayz? Sounds a lil’ better on tha chorus; guess this’ll get a slight chance wit me now… Lyrics are soundin’ pretty catchy; decent song, overall. My Rating: 3.9


04. Mayra Verónica “Freak Like Me (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
Ooh, some hotness! WaWa mix iz what MCD plays at night and it sounds good. Hopefully, by havin’ an actual RE, this’ll sound like somethin’ good, too! >>> Already off to a hot start, based off tha first few seconds! Kinda a jinx that she has a new song out ‘cause I had to make a snippet video clip for some rapper in Louisiana, using pics of hot gurls, and I used MV’s pics. Then, this PO came, lol! Neva got ta hear tha lyrics on tha WaWa mix but now, hearin’ ‘em and they’re definitely hot! Ooh, that chorus wit tha “follow me, follow me!” :) Sounds a lil’ like tha “Naturally” mix, hence tha 132 BPM! Talk about hot-ass lyrics goin’ on throughout this song! LOL, right before tha final chorus, I heard an “uh” sound (tha sound before tha “Naturally” mix kicks in); very “Naturally”ish, lol! My Rating: 4.7


05. LMFAO Feat. Natalia Kills “Champagne Showers (Sidney Samson Radio Remix)”
>>> Started listening before I looked at tha ID; gay-soundin’ vocals? Oh, I hear tha title and now, I know what it iz. SS not really a Dance remixer; more MCE? Pretty catchy remix beat, here; definitely on a club tip! Actually, I’m startin’ ta feel tha Natalia Kills part on tha chorus now. My Rating: 3.8


06. Jump Jump Dance Dance “2.0 (Laidback Luke Radio Edit)”
Looks different on tha ID; hope tha label iz, too! *Checks label* Yea, label’s different; let tha AL pay off! >>> Pretty hot start; feelin’ these vocals wit this beat! Yes, hot part after tha chorus, “Step By Step” “2.0” style, lol! Feelin’ tha rest of this; nice type of song right here! My Rating: 4.3


07. Blush “Undivided (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
Reminds me of S.Blush from tha 3/07 PO! Hope this pays off for a 124 BPM mix and another new label, this time! >>> Damn, Selena Gomez mixes goin’ on here, again, hence tha BPM! Now, it sounds like DA’s mix of “Who Says”, lol! Sounds more like a HM and it’s mostly on tha decent side for me, currently. Tha good thing about this iz there’s no negativity I have for this song/mix, luckily; better than nothin’, lol. My Rating: 3.6


08. Rihanna “California King Bed (Bimbo Jones Radio Edit)”
Oh no…; doesn’t look too anticipatin’ for me… >>> Actually, sounds much better for a BJ mix; sounds pretty hot, even though I’ll not say much ‘cause it’s an okay Rihanna song. Pretty hot, overall; good job wit this unexpected combo! My Rating: 4.3


09. David Puentez “Melodrama”
Wit no mix and Next Plateau on tha signing, hopefully, it’s somethin’ pretty good! >>> Sounds like Calvin Harris “I’m Not Alone” keys in tha beginning; everyone samplin’ that song nowadayz? Tha title made me think it was gonna be Romanian but it’s pretty hot—lol, no words here! Not really much to say, here, ‘cept dat it’s great to have an instrumental song again! Damn, 3:46? A lil’ too long? My Rating: 4.0


10. Emilia De Poret “Weightless”
From no words and Next Plateau to Italian and NP’s next-door neighbors, Robbins? Let’s keep all tha successful combos comin’ along! >>> Sounds like some anticipation in tha beginning… A lil’ slow but sounds hot, overall; nice lyrics and vocals comin’ from this lady! This deserves to be an MCD song or somethin’! My Rating: 4.2


½time: 3.9 for tha CD rating, so far; looks like some hot ones here… that you can trust!


11. Life + Feat. Joel Pack “Till I Breathe (DJ Mog Radio Edit)”
Liking all these combinations goin’ on, here! Should be called “Promo Only: Combination Dance Radio August 2011”, lol! This should definitely be trusted wit Nervous on tha signing! >>> Uh oh, Auto-Tune male vocals… Kinda-good music for a smooth dance song but not my kinda vocals. Startin’ ta get a lil’ hot wit tha chorus and title part… My Rating: 3.6


12. Scarlett Santana Feat. C&C Music Factory “Rain (C&C Music Factory Best Friend Anthem Radio Edit)”
Looks like an ‘lol’? >>> Doesn’t sound too bad or discoish wit tha chorus, so far… Urban lyrics wit a good-soundin’ dance beat? Not too bad of a combo, overall. About at tha 3:00 mark, it’s startin’ ta get a lil’ boring wit all tha verse shit… My Rating: 3.5


13. Martin Solveig Feat. Kele “Ready 2 Go”
Time for a gay combo, lol! A lil’ “Hello” mixed wit a gay (yea, homosexual), black singer and you get this. LOL, this tha 1st version I already know on this CD; tha previous PO had a bunch of those, lol. MCD plays this too much for me to actually want to play it; we’ll leave it at a ‘decent’ song. LOL @ tha random dubstep shit in here, too. My Current Rating: 3.2


14. Rae “Lucky Star”
Thought I didn’t know who this was but then again, I remember tha name Rae from ATFC’s “Give Me Luv”; will it be tha same chick? I have a poppy feeling about this 117 BPM, no mix song… >>> Danger wit Madonna’s “Lucky Star” in tha beginning! LOL, this ain’t tha same gurl; a rapper chick? Funny/how random… LOL, dealbreaker wit tha chorus; this doesn’t qualify as dance! She sounds like Lil’ Kim rappin’? Talk about this randomness… “Representin’ tha 3 to tha 0 to tha 5” (305 area code of Miami, FL); gee, that’s where Pitbull’s from… I bet Pitbull has ta do somethin’ wit this! Wit this bein’ signed to an unknown label, this ain’t gonna be big or anything… My Rating: 2.4


15. Katrina “OPM (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
I have some good AL on this ‘cause of tha length and tha content warning; hope it pays off! LOL, wonder if this’ll be 3 for 3 wit tha DA mixes soundin’ like other DA mixes? >>> Sounds like a club mix instead of a RE, lol. LOL @ tha title; looks like rappers Naughty By Nature wit “O.P.P.”, but it’s “other people’s money,” here. Hearin’ tha 1st verse and it sounds like some catchy, dance-meets-borderline lyrics and vocals, here. Tha chorus sounds catchy, too; not too bad, overall… LOL, club mix ending, too? Should’ve called this a “Mixshow Edit”, lol. My Rating: 3.8


16. Kerli “Army Of Love (Sultan & Ned Shepard Radio Edit)”
She’s a hot one, too; I wonder what level this iz gonna be on? >>> Sounds like a big start; she seems to change style on every song she puts out, which sounds new and exciting each time. Of course, lyrics are catchy/interesting, too; she has a Lady GaGa look, but not sound, luckily. Tha title has a catch to it, makin’ this an interestin’ topic. My Rating: 4.2


17. DJ Antoine vs. Timati Feat. Kalenna “Welcome To St. Tropez (DJ Antoine vs. Mad Mark Radio Edit)”
Uh oh, some “clean” in tha ID wit DJ Antoine, lol? Kalenna tha same chick from Three 6 Mafia’s “Shake My” song from tha 10/09 PO? I have a feelin’ this iz either gonna be a funny/weird combo or an answer song to “Miami 2 Ibiza”, lol. >>> LOL, sounds like an answer song; man rapper? Guess that’s tha Timati person… Not much interest in tha music and now that I’m hearin’ Kalenna on tha chorus, it sounds a lil’ like that same chick, only a lil’ hotter. I luv how #15 had a content warning but this and #14 didn’t? Clean or not, Cascada “Fever” had tha content warning, lol. But, this ain’t close-as-hot as “Miami 2 Ibiza”; not really big about “money” lyrics, either! Who’s tha “Mr. Black Star” dude from “Moscow, Russia,” lol? Seems like tha rap-dance songs are suckin’ on this CD; I like hot beats wit my rap-dance songs! My Rating: 2.6


18. Rye Rye Feat. Robyn “Never Will Be Mine (Kat Krazy Radio Edit)”
This better be a good rap song. Actually, not rap-dance, but rap remixed! >>> Sounds like we have an actual dance beat, this time! Good start from Robyn on tha chorus! Hearin’ Rye Rye rappin’ and she sounds good, although this iz more poppy wit tha lyrics/content, but it pulls through better than some of tha shit on here! Yes, some hot beats in tha chorus; keep tha pluses comin’! I don’t get why we’re not seein’ this on MTV or somethin’; seems like mainstream outlets are suckin’, mostly? My Rating: 4.1


19. Hakimakli Feat. Jamie Shepherd “Ding Dong Ding”
Looks scary for a Robbins title but I’ll give it some trust ‘cause I believe this was tha remixer of Antoine Clamaran’s “Gold” on MCD. >>> Corny start? Sounds like a mix of rap and urban content, here; not sure how I’ll like it, overall… LOL, what’s wit all these errors of no content warnings? Thought PO was OCD wit tha word “damn.” Anyway, gotta get used to these vocals; I’m likin’ all tha music goin’ on, here. Even though I thought tha beginning was cheesy, I’m actually likin’ that lil’ reggae dialect of tha “beep beep, in ah ya jeep” part (lol). Overall, kinda a mixed review, but more positive for me than negative; just a lil’ cheesy wit tha lyrics. My Rating: 3.7


20. Morgan Page, Sultan & Ned Shepard & BT Feat. Angela McCluskey “In The Air”
Buku DJs, lol! MCD plays this a lot and even though it sounds like a semi-scary start, it’s okay for a song, overall. Not really into tha long, sour start, but once tha music kicks in, it’s a lil’ better. Speakin’ of “In The Air”, more like on tha ground: Lots of places felt an earthquake today; how random, lol/smh! My Current Rating: 3.6


21. Ian Carey Feat. Snoop Dogg & Bobby Anthony “Last Night”
LOL @ tha lineup, no less, Next Plateau on tha signing! You’d think Ultra would sign this; a lil’ ass-backwards? How will it rank amongst tha rap songs on here? >>> Must not be Snoop in tha beginning? An okay start but where’s Snoop? Ugh, some Auto-Tune in tha voice… Music could definitely be better; where’s “Keep On Rising”? LOL @ havin’ ta “pee” so bad! Another non-Snoop Dogg verse? Why iz he 1st in tha ID, then? Oh, there he iz on tha 3rd verse; yea, I think tha ID should be flipped. LOL @ Snoop givin’ a shout out ta “Ian Carey;” goes to show you how he knows his dance music, lol. Would’ve been a lil’ better if it was just BA on tha chorus and Snoop Dogg rappin’ all tha verses. My Rating: 2.9


Overall: Damn, what a weird CD… I definitely thought tha previous CD was much better! “Diamonds In The Sky” >>> this whole CD! I barely loved any of tha songs on here; I anticipated/expected way better from some of ‘em, too! Mayra Veronica was tha only thing real hot, wit “2.0” behind it!


Rankings:

21.       Rae “Lucky Star” 2.4
20.       DJ Antoine vs. Timati Feat. Kalenna “Welcome To St. Tropez (DJ Antoine vs. Mad Mark Radio Edit)” 2.6
19.       Zoë Badwi “Accidents Happen (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)” 2.7
18.       Ian Carey Feat. Snoop Dogg & Bobby Anthony “Last Night” 2.9
17.       Martin Solveig Feat. Kele “Ready 2 Go” 3.2
16.       Scarlett Santana Feat. C&C Music Factory “Rain (C&C Music Factory Best Friend Anthem Radio Edit)” 3.5
15.       Morgan Page, Sultan & Ned Shepard & BT Feat. Angela McCluskey “In The Air” 3.6
14.       Life + “Till I Breathe (DJ Mog Radio Edit)” 3.6
13.       Blush “Undivided (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 3.6
12.       Hakimakli Feat. Jamie Shepherd “Ding Dong Ding” 3.7
11.        Britney Spears “I Wanna Go (Smash Mode Radio Remix)” 3.7
10.       Katrina “OPM (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 3.8
09.       LMFAO Feat. Natalia Kills “Champagne Showers (Sidney Samson Radio Remix)” 3.8
08.       David Morales & Jonathan Mendelsohn “You Just Don’t Love Me” 3.9
07.       David Puentez “Melodrama” 4.0
06.       Rye Rye Feat. Robyn “Never Will Be Mine (Kat Krazy Radio Edit)” 4.1
05.       Kerli “Army Of Love (Sultan & Ned Shepard Radio Edit)” 4.2
04.       Emilia De Poret “Weightless” 4.2
03.   Rihanna “California King Bed (Bimbo Jones Radio Edit)” 4.3 (lol)
02.   Jump Jump Dance Dance “2.0 (Laidback Luke Radio Edit)” 4.3
01.   Mayra Verónica “Freak Like Me (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              77.2
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.7


Score was exactly five points less than tha previous CD, smh!