FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Review #1,092: Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2011

Reviewed on 12.04.2011 (Review #1,092)


Not really in tha mood, especially since tha last PO was pretty tight (usually, tha consistency doesn’t last). But, we’ll see how Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2011 goes… Start Time: 6:37 PM | End Time: 8:22 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2011 CD Review (Review #1,092) reviewed on 12.04.2011 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Avicii “Le7els (Radio Instrumental)”
LOL, seems so classic to start a PODR series off wit an instrumental! Also, signed wit a major pop label (Interscope Records); what a combination! Oddly, I had thought I heard this song on tha pop station up here, but there’s anotha song (it was Flo Rida “Good Feeling”) that played; I thought it was this song. Then, my mom said, “What song iz this (to tha Flo Rida one),” and I said, “Sounds like stealing dance music,” lol. LOL, what makes PO think there’s 22 seconds in tha intro on an instrumental? I’d say there’s either seven seconds or none, lol. This has to be one of tha most unique starts for a PO ever. All it iz iz a kick-ass beat, wit a random sample in tha middle. I read on Wikipedia that “Sandstorm” was tha last instrumental song to go pop; wish that could change soon! My Current Rating: 4.5


02. Benny Benassi Feat. Gary Go “Close To Me”
Now that this iz released, will MCD finally get rid of that boring-ass “Cinema”? Or, will it do a Britney Spears or Adele and still play 2x a day when tha newer song’s on there, too, smh? Not sayin’ if I gon look forward to this or not so let’s see… >>> Sounds a lil’ like “Beautiful People” wit tha build-up in tha beginning. Can be a lil’ catchy but I’m not too much into these vocals… Doesn’t sound like it would be as big as “Cinema”, even wit some pretty-good music… Definitely better than “Cinema”, even though not much iz goin’ on wit this song for me… My Rating: 3.7


03. Penny Foster “Castles”
Will this be tha best song on here? Competition against my rating for Avicii? LOL, really lookin’ forward! >>> Really, really likin’ tha vocals, here; thought tha music was better in “Closer To Love”, but it seems to get really tight really fast!! Also, feelin’ tha lyrics; you know I go for content like this and elements (fire, ice, etc.) a whole lot! Liked tha 1st chorus better wit tha music, but it only built up to tha end; great job wit tha follow-up and sorry, Avicii, lol! My Rating: 4.7


04. Selena Gomez & The Scene “Love You Like A Love Song (Smash Mode Radio Edit)”
I kinda don’t get it wit either SG&TS or PO: Ever since “Naturally”, a new song by SG&TS gets released when tha previous one gets dance remixed. I saw a newer song of theirs on MTV about two weeks ago, but tha original to this one was easily better. Anyway, lookin’ forward to tha remix! >>> Sounds like good AL in tha beginning between tha music and SG! :tu Catchy lyrics, includin’ how it originally sounds; another nice combination of things goin’ on, here! Hotter music on tha 2nd verse? Whoo, let tha PO be good for tha moment, before it goes sour, smh! My Rating: 4.4


05. Guinevere “Crazy Crazy (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
Damn, I thought it was tha mix MCD plays! But, I automatically liked this song for bein’ on MCD for one main reason:
  • Britney Spears “Till The World Ends” / “I Wanna Go”
  • Adele “Rolling In The Deep” / “Someone Like You”
  • “Dancing On The Lights”
  • “Give Me Everything”
  • “Take Over Control”
  • “Hello”
  • Usher “More”
This song barely comes on: during tha day and during random times. Prolly could go on and on wit all those old-ass, played 100x a day songs! But, I’m curious about this mix… >>> Sounds completely different, but has different tight music goin’ on here! Liked tha music in tha 1st verse better, but it sounds better once tha title comes in. I think these new vocals are hot, includin’ tha lyrics. I kinda think she sounds a lil’ like La Roux, but just a lil’. My Rating: 4.2


06. deadmau5 “Aural Psynapse”
Here we are, a year after “Sofi Needs A Ladder” and now, that song made its way into a commercial on TV (so did “Ghosts N Stuff” for a PlayStation game). Surprised PO has two instrumental songs on here (thanx MCE for tha add)! Unlike some of tha semi-boring beats from tha past, this iz somethin’ pretty hot and tight! Sounds like a bit of darkness, mixed wit mainstream kicks and hot-ass synth sounds! Not to mention, tight title! I like it better than Avicii, but I’m gonna tie tha two of them. My Current Rating: 4.5


07. Roger-M “Too Blind To See It”
Finally, a new song from Neutone Recordings (also, signed wit Next Plateau Entertainment, too)? It has been over three-and-a-half years! Should be pretty exciting, I hope! >>> Was gonna expect a male, but looks like my AL’s expected wit tha label, since it’s a gurl! They sound like crystal-clear vocals; they’re pretty hot! LOL, 1:45 sounded like an interestin’ sound effect of ambient sound or, I almost thought someone was takin’ a shit, lol! My Rating: 4.2


08. Nero Feat. Alana Watson “Me & You (Steve Angello Radio Edit)”
LOL, takin’ it back? Betta yet, now signed wit that mainstream label, Interscope Records, too? MCE got tha original version (kinda like a dubstep/rock song) back in May; guess it’s ready for tha dance world? >>> Also, this song was in a commercial, too; lots of exposure goin’ on, here! LOL, sounds like a watered-down start, since tha vocals are slower. Whoo, a piece of Swedish House Mafia’s makin’ this some pretty hot music!! I was gonna say, “now, house song,” but really, there was only a chorus in tha original version. Damn, it felt like tha song ended too fast; didn’t get to hear tha tight music a 2nd time! My Rating: 4.3


09. Kelly Clarkson “Mr. Know It All (DJ Kue Radio Edit)”
That’s who did tha “Crazy Crazy” mix, even though it wasn’t as slow as this, here (118 BPM). Will this be a good combo? >>> Kinda slow, but now that I’m actually listenin’ to tha whole song for tha first time, I have to say, good lyrics. Oh, tha “Crazy Crazy” mix by DJ Kue’s much better! When I first saw tha video a few times on TV, I didn’t think it was her, but everyone seems to grow up quick when you don’t hear ‘em for a while… LOL, heard a DJ Kue beat tag at about 3:06; thought it was a rapper for a second, lol! “Can’t go wrong wit Kue on tha remix,” lol. Should’ve been a better, faster mix, though. My Rating: 3.3


½time: Seems to be a pretty tight PO, so far; guess too much shittyness didn’t come up, yet? I know it’s comin’, smh; 4.2 for current CD rating!!


10. Route Too Far “Night To Remember”
Tha 2nd Robbins song, also in a three-way tie for fastest song on here (wit “Me & You” and somethin’ else, clockin’ at 130 BPM, smh). I have a feelin’ this’ll be really hot; I’m really lookin’ forward to hearin’ this!! >>> I had a feelin’ I was gonna get tha same anticipation as U.V.U.K.’s “Forever” and now, tha vocals are almost soundin’ like them, so I’m keepin’ my anticipation up! Really feelin’ tha positive lyrics wit tha hot music and great vocals; triple combo at its finest!! Really likin’ tha music durin’ tha bridge; definitely hotness goin’ on!! Really hope this gets out there and becomes a lil’ like a 2012 anthem; people better show it luv!! My Rating: 4.4


11. Florence & The Machine “Shake It Out (Benny Benassi Radio Edit)”
I could’ve sworn that’s who I heard on tha mix (I think wit either Jared Dietch (Camel Rider) or someone else on MCD’s mixes). Once I saw who it was, I instantly was thinkin’ of puttin’ tha No MMA ‘cause of tha vocals (like Amy Winehouse, Adele, etc., only really wild). But, lemme give it another listen to make sure I’m on tha right track wit this UK-indie artist. >>> Sounds like a real hot start wit tha quiet music, and I guess, tha vocals are dance-friendly, here, so you won’t hear all tha crazy shit. Actually, tha title part sounds like it would be a crazy vocal part, but this mix makes it not so bad; pretty good shit goin’ on, here. Have no idea what tha original version sounds like, but I know my college has a few of their songs in rotation. Definitely a nice mix, here, lol. My Rating: 4.3


12. Big Time Rush Feat. Mann “Music Sounds Better With U”
Let tha bullshit begin! Not even dance artists here (I remember BTR for bein’ on Nickelodeon (sp?) or somethin’ wit a show); title looks like it steals Stardust’s ‘90s song wit tha same name? Hope I get pissed off! >>> Ewe @ tha pop start wit tha beat and vocals! I didn’t think there was any stealin’, but tha “ooh, baby,” iz from tha beginning of tha Stardust song; yuck. But, POMainstream Radio, please? I don’t think MCD gon get this but if they do, I’ll be annoyed, once again. My Rating: 2.3


13. Serge Devant Feat. Coyle Girelli “On Your Own”
Kinda had AL wit tha artist, but what’s wit tha dry BPM of 128? Let’s have some vocal trance in here instead of tha same stuff… >>> Beat’s on tha typical, 2010s style, here, and tha vocals are some you gotta get used to… Still gettin’ adjusted, tha chorus ain’t too bad, either, but not much iz stickin’ out, here… My Rating: 3.5


14. Julissa Veloz “Mayhem (Dave Matthias Dance Radio Mix)”
Yes, anotha new song from her! >>> Sounds different from tha “Sweet Sugar Poison” collaboration; not bad for a start… I like tha “like a storm without warning” line. I thought this song was gonna be crazier, but this iz pretty good, still; interestin’ music, here and there. LOL, another mix wit dubstep in it (2nd verse)? Sounds like it took tha style from “Ready 2 Go”, lol. My Rating: 3.8


15. Adrian Lux Feat. The Good Natured “Alive (Basto! Radio Edit)”
Looks like a good combo? >>> Hot music and female vocals, unexpectedly! Likin’ tha chorus; really hot dance song this sounds like it’ll be! I just added tha “Boy” song (10/11 PO) that no one played; this iz much better, lol. Ooh, feelin’ tha hot music after tha chorus, too! Kinda like a pop-dance version of Laidback Luke, lol. My Rating: 4.3


16. Anjulie “Brand New Bitch (Laidback Luke Radio Edit)”
LOL, PO wit tha dirty title, this time? Funny, but will it be a really hot mix? I dunno what to expect it, even though it’s LL on tha mix. >>> Either not much power in tha beginning, or iz it buildin’ up? I hear tha hot music but there’s not enough of it, even though it’s in tha background. Too bad MCD won’t get this mix, since they’re beastin’ tha original! I love how they have a dirty title but in tha song, it’s still “chick,” lol. Finally, some music toward tha end? Too long of a—oh no, tha chorus again, lol! My Rating: 3.7


17. Nicole Kerrigan “I Like Dem Boys (Beat Bangerzz Radio Mix)”
LOL, two Zs on tha mix name to add to tha flava; looks very anticipatin’, especially since it’s comin’ from Tazmania Records (previous PO appearance from that label was Denine “What Happened To Love”)!! >>> Not bad for a start; vocals are on a regular dance tip. As for tha music, it’s okay; not much to say, but I give it a plus. My Rating: 4.0


18. V.V. Brown “Children (Keep On Singing) (Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Radio Edit)”
How will tha follow-up (1.5 years later) from “Shark In The Water” turn out to be? Looks anticipatin’ wit tha mix… >>> LOL, tha song went to a whole ‘nother level once tha chorus kicked in, lol; thought it was gonna be a lil’ boring, but there’s a lot goin’ on here, lol. My interest iz up, even though not much iz goin’ on; sounds like it would be hot for tha clubs, even though tha original version (NHI)’s prolly on a completely different level. My Rating: 3.9


19. Laurent Wery Feat. Dev & Swiftkid “Hey Hey Hey (Pop Another Bottle) (Wideboys “What” Not Fuck Radio Edit)”
LOL, what could I say? Thought it was a mainstream label on tha signin’ but it’s Big Beat Records, so tha dance world iz prolly only where this iz gonna be at. How we gon end this evolutionary year off? >>> Sounds like Kid Cudi and a lil’ mainstream wit tha vocals. However, I hear a beat after tha chorus, so I guess it’s more for dance? Oh, now, I hear rappin’; figured somethin’ like this would come outta nowhere. Content iz only aight, but it sounds hot wit a Wideboys beat! Ooh, Dev sounds better on tha 2nd verse; gotta be “In The Dark”, here, lol! Oh, tha verse split into a 2nd ½ wit tha Swiftkid dude; he ain’t too bad, but I like Dev a lot better. My Rating: 4.1


Overall: Turned out to be a really good CD; I’d say, more on a mainstream level than November’s, even though I liked November’s better. I doubted a lot of tha ALs when seein’ tha tracklisting, but tha songs stood up for themselves!


Rankings:

19.       Big Time Rush Feat. Mann “Music Sounds Better With U” 2.3
18.       Kelly Clarkson “Mr. Know It All (DJ Kue Radio Edit)” 3.3
17.       Serge Devant Feat. Coyle Girelli “On Your Own” 3.5
16.       Anjulie “Brand New Bitch (Laidback Luke Radio Edit)” 3.7
15.       Benny Benassi Feat. Gary Go “Close To Me” 3.7
14.       Julissa Veloz “Mayhem (Dave Matthias Dance Radio Mix)” 3.8
13.       V.V. Brown “Children (Keep On Singing) (Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Radio Edit)” 3.9
12.       Nicole Kerrigan “I Like Dem Boys (Beat Bangerzz Radio Mix)” 4.0
11.        Laurent Wery Feat. Dev & Swiftkid “Hey Hey Hey (Pop Another Bottle) (Wideboys “What” Not Fuck Radio Edit)” 4.1
10.       Guinevere “Crazy Crazy (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 4.2
09.       Roger-M “Too Blind To See It” 4.2
08.       Nero Feat. Alana Watson “Me & You (Steve Angello Radio Edit)” 4.3
07.       Florence & The Machine “Shake It Out (Benny Benassi Radio Edit)” 4.3
06.       Adrian Lux Feat. The Good Natured “Alive (Basto Radio Edit)” 4.3
05.       Route Too Far “Night To Remember” 4.4
04.       Selena Gomez & The Scene “Love You Like A Love Song (Smash Mode Radio Edit)” 4.4
03.   Avicii “Le7els (Radio Instrumental)” 4.5
02.   deadmau5 “Aural Psynapse” 4.5
01.   Penny Foster “Castles” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              76.1
Total Songs:              / 19
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.0


^ LOL, look @ that top 3! I usually do tha top-rated PO songs from tha year list at tha end of tha year, but I don’t really feel like it. My tops were “Believer”, “On The Floor”, “Perfect Stranger”, “We Own The Night”, “Push It”, “Forever”, “Diamonds In The Sky”, “Freak Like Me”, “Tell Me”, “Strong”, “Can’t Let Go” & “Castles”—oh, how stupid, “Diamonds In The Sky” easily was my best top-rated of tha year! LOL, I thought it was “On The Floor” for a second but I know a non-dance song wouldn’t’ve clamined tha top spot!