FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Review #1,135: Promo Only: Dance Radio March 2012

Reviewed on 3.17.2012 (Review #1,135)


Ugh… Promo Only: Dance Radio March 2012 review. Due to lack of anticipation, busyness and fucked-up things (e.g., losing camera/jumpdrive), it’s been takin’ me a while to review this. Surprised it has taken me this long, when I usually get tha review over with, ASAP… Start Time: 3:11 PM | End Time: 4:49 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2012 CD Review (Review #1,135) reviewed on 3.17.2012 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Afrojack & Shermanology “Can’t Stop Me (U.S. Radio Edit)”
Great start to what looks like an ehh CD… MCD has an Overstreet mix, which sounds good for a remix. Seems like Shermanology gon be best new dance artist of 2012? Seems like they’re on a roll, especially since MCD got a new song by Tom Hangs called “Blessed”. Didn’t realize there were rhymes on this song; sounds like Sean Kingston, but it fits good wit this beat… Definitely somethin’ huge for 2012! Could even crossover… My Current Rating: 4.5


02. Madonna Feat. Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. & LMFAO “Give Me All Your Luvin’ (LMFAO Remix)”
Because this CD didn’t arrive before I went to Florida (March 5), I went and got tha songs that hit my sources (such as Afrojack/Shermanology & this), instead of waiting for tha CD. Sounds like a nice remix, although there’s a shitload of different elements in this: You got your Madonna; you got your random chanting; you got LMFAO’s beats that sound like they jacked from Avicii’s sound, or somethin’; you got Nicki Minaj’s rappin’, but no M.I.A. rap verse (instead, her “L.U.V.” shit); LMFAO have two different verses. I swear, this could be a two-part song, called “Give Me All Your Luvin’ (LMFAO Remix) / Sexy & I Know It Pt. 2”, lol… My Current Rating: 4.3


03. Sak Noel “Paso (The Nini Anthem)”
Lol @ this… Enjoyed tha “WTF” song, and am glad MCD’s still ridin’ on it. Wonder if this gon have tha same vocalist (her name was Esthera Sarita)? She sounds like a hot, Dutch lady… >>> Sounds like her, and I’m really diggin’ this start! Still has tha same kinda flow, wit tha talkin’ dialect. Nothin’ but enjoyable consistency throughout this; really diggin’ it, and hope it gets out there like “Loca People”! My Rating: 4.6


04. Taio Cruz “Troublemaker”
Thinkin’ ‘bout skippin’, especially since there’s a remix on tha next CD and that MCD got this original version. Lemme give it a few seconds to determine… >>> Not that bad for an original version, but on this CD, it seems totally pointless. It’s good enough for a rating; screw tha Chris Brown song comin’ up! My Rating: 3.6


05. Melanie Amaro “Respect (Bimbo Jones Radio Edit)”
Had no idea what this was ‘til MCD got a mix by Gregor Salto. Much better remixer, which should’ve given me AL, but when I heard what this song was, tha AL = close to 0. I’m good wit my “R.E.S.P.E.C.T.” 2/12 PO version; no need for another one, especially on a major label… >>> Still a remake, of course; tha singin’ sounds a lil’ better, but doesn’t compare to tha mixin’ and tha music. Might have to put this in ignored rotation, so it gets one or two spins on each playlist. My Rating: 3.7


06. Jack Back Feat. David Guetta, Nicky Romero & Sia “Wild One Two”
Speakin’ of double appearance, more like another version of tha Flo Rida song? Guess this iz a non-rap, house version? >>> Yuck, sounds like tha same music for tha start…? Thought at least there’d be a lil’ bit of different music… LOL, video game music? Pretty tight, and different. Then again, weird of Flo Rida (on tha original version) to team up wit a bisexual artist (Sia)? Since when do rappers and homosexual artists make songs together? :? So weird… This went by quick, just like “Diamonds In The Sky”, wit just tha two choruses. I think PO should’ve put “Pt. 2” in tha ID, instead of a “Two”. Lol, looks like counting. Plus, tha original version’s titled “Wild Ones”, with an “S”. I have to say, good revamped version… My Rating: 4.1


07. Spencer & Hill & Nadia Ali “Believe It”
Couldn’t find tha exact RE, so I got a Cazzette version, which sounds a lil’ better. I like how tha beginning sounds like Rihanna, here, wit tha “ehh.” I swear, MCD must’ve influenced this collaboration to happen, or somethin’. They played a S&H mix of “Call My Name” for about a year straight, from last February ‘til around when this song came out. Completely dried up that song, but this sounds a lil’ better… Another good collaboration by Nadia Ali & DJs. Not as good as “Pressure” (which became pretty huge before 2011 ended), but it’s here to set off 2012! My Current Rating: 4.0


08. Chris Brown “Turn Up The Music”
Skips. Not dance artist, nor dance mix. Plus, MTV Jams has this? It’s either PO acceptable or Urban acceptable; NOT both!!! My Rating: N/A


09. BeyoncĂ© “Love On Top (Smash Mode Radio Edit)”
A lil’ slower, but it’s SM on tha mix, so most-likely, it’s acceptable… >>> Sounds like a nice remix start, but I don’t think I’m too crazy about tha song, overall. MCD has a Tony Coluccio mix, which iz much faster. Even though I like tha music, it sounds too overpowerin’ for a song like this… My Rating: 3.3


½time: Although a CD average of a 4.0 (excluding #8), I’m not too crazy ‘bout this CD. Other than tha 1st three songs, everything’s either okay or a lil’ on tha weaker side…


10. Adrian Lux Feat. Lune “Fire”
Hopefully, some interestin’ songs comin’ up? … … … … Maybe… … …? >>> Not bad for a start; sounds like a regular, slower-than-averaged-paced dance song… Vocals are not that bad; sounds like they could fit on a Kaskade song—actually, this could even sound a lil’ bit like a stronger-than-usual Kaskade song, in a way. I like how that last six seconds sounded, wit tha ending, a few times. My Rating: 4.2


11. DJ Mad Feat. So Crazy “Last Call”
Even though signed by Robbins’ next-door neighbors (Next Plateau Entertainment), I’m kinda havin’ a low AL for this, since it says, “Radio Edit Clean,” in tha ID… >>> Another one wit a stronger-than-usual-soundin’ dance beat, with it bein’ an okay song, overall… LOL, here comes some rappin’… Nothin’ too special wit tha rhymes, but since it was quick, it ain’t too bad… Kinda soundin’ a lil’ cocky on tha 2nd verse. “Goin’ green,” huh? I’m tha consistent recycler, lol! I recycle my Christmas wrapping paper, lol! My Rating: 3.5


12. Yolanda Be Cool Feat. Crystal Waters “Le Bump”
This iz more like it!!! When it premiered on MCD, they forgot to put tha artists for that week’s adds. I thought tha artist was gonna be some new female, but then, I saw who it was. Glad to see CW randomly appear on songs; hope this one gets out there! I hate how it says on Wikipedia: “Mainstream has eluded her [Crystal Waters];” why? :? Of course, gotta luv it; somethin’ about it just grabs you in ta enjoy it! My Current Rating: 4.4


13. Raluka “Out Of Your Business”
Looks like it gon be good; gotta trust tha label (Soltrenz Music) ‘cause it’s an import label!! >>> Sounds a lil’ like Adele, for a start… For a music/vocal/song combination, it’s okay, so far; nothin’ that exciting and nothin’ bad… Then again, I think some of these songs should be faster, than this 128 typicalness… My Rating: 3.8


14. Lil’ Jon Feat. LMFAO “Drink”
Time to go down to tha dirty south? Or, I guess I should say, “Shots” Part 2? >>> Yea, sounds like a “Shots (Pt. 2)”, but jackin’ tha Sunfreakz/Andrea Britton “Counting Down The Days (Axwell)” beat, which iz a minus…, hence, tha BPM’s tha same as that, too… Overall, this iz a lil’ too random and hilarious. I don’t think tha mainstream’ll respect Lil’ Jon like they did back in tha crunk/Early 2000s dayz. Lol, finally, at 2:32, it switched up ta LMFAO. Sounds good wit their part; should’ve switched who’s song it was, and have LMFAO do all tha verses, like in “Shots”. Hate ta say it, but this was, like, a turnoff, overall… Guess it’s time ta take off that $500,000 “Crunk Ain’t Dead” chain, lol? My Rating: 1.9


15. Julissa Veloz “It Would (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)”
Another JV song; I have a feelin’ it gon be better than “Mayhem”, her last song. This iz a better remixer, in a way; hopefully, all tha chemistry comes into play, here… >>> An interestin’, quiet start… Music’s startin’ ta become hot before tha 1st verse… Sounds like catchiness goin’ on wit tha 1st verse; everything’s combinin’ really good, so far… I do like, but a part of it’s gettin’ a lil’ repetitive, or somethin’ (tha flow, maybe)? “Heels” are really “from tha devil”? What a weird way of thinkin’, unless she got spooked out or somethin’, lol. Even tha way this ended sounds a lil’ interestin’; weird mix, overall. My Rating: 3.9


16. Bombs Away “Super Soaker”
Tha ID looks like it could be a house song… We have a really good dance label on tha signin’ (Radikal Records), and that prolly means that this iz an old import, turned domestic? >>> Sounds like a different, okay start. Tha distorted vocals sound a lil’ like Taio Cruz… I dunno…; okay, overall? Prolly doesn’t go passed tha ‘okay’ mark for me. Lol, not even a content warning on this? Some of these lyrics could go in a different direction? Oh, house, or whateva…; another 1:27 left, so it feels like forever… My Rating: 3.1


17. KeeMo Feat. Cosmo Klein “Beautiful Lie (KeeMo’s Shortcut)”
Likin’ all tha different IDs, but can we get some actual quality??? >>> I don’t think this iz gonna be that good… or serious, for a start; sounds like Luther Vandross on tha vocals? Well, about 1:09 in and this iz pretty dull; not much to say, wit quality. Now, at 1:24, it sounds like a different country, a lil’, wit tha vocals? Reminds me too much of a male version of “Lost It All”, that 0 BPM-soundin’ song from tha 11/11 CD… Finally, a lil’ more catchiness ‘round 3:00; overall, okay music that should’ve been throughout tha song, more, but not tha best for a song… Might turn out to be a better playlist song for me than a PO review. My Rating: 3.4


18. Alyssa Reid Feat. Jump Smokers “Alone Again (Sunship Radio Edit)”
You know this CD sucks when tha fastest song iz 133, and doesn’t look 100% dance… Let’s see what this gon sound like… >>> Oh no, a remake; boo… Why tha “Again” in tha title? I do like how tha beat sounds like somethin’ from tha ‘90s/early 2000s. Lol, gotta like how JS sounds fast wit tha rappin’; nice combos, here! They could’ve did somethin’ better wit tha chorus; tha whole remake sounds corny!!! Everything sounds good, here, except tha throw-away chorus! My Rating: 4.2


19. Example “Changed The Way You Kiss Me (Mixin’ Marc & Tony Svejda Radio Edit)”
Ending wit tha 1st song from tha last CD, lol. I did think this needed a remix, so hopefully, MM&TS can do their thang wit this one!! >>> Of course, really hot beats, here; they’re takin’ over!! Also, really hot beats right after tha chorus; gotta keep tha versatility comin’!! Sounds good wit tha rappin’ part, too, even though all tha hot music’s everywhere else. Quite a lot of music goin’ on, here; prolly tie tha rating wit tha original version… My Rating: 4.3


Overall: Ehh, nothin’ too special for me. Then again, I better enjoy this while I can ‘cause I know April’s gon be worse…


Rankings:

18.       Lil’ Jon Feat. LMFAO “Drink” 1.9
17.       Bombs Away “Super Soaker” 3.1
16.       BeyoncĂ© “Love On Top (Smash Mode Radio Edit)” 3.3
15.       KeeMo Feat. Cosmo Klein “Beautiful Lie (KeeMo’s Shortcut)” 3.4
14.       DJ Mad Feat. So Crazy “Last Call” 3.5
13.       Taio Cruz “Troublemaker” 3.6
12.       Melanie Amaro “Respect (Bimbo Jones Radio Edit)” 3.7
11.        Raluka “Out Of Your Business” 3.8
10.       Julissa Veloz “It Would (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)” 3.9
09.       Spencer & Hill & Nadia Ali “Believe It” 4.0
08.       Jack Back Feat. David Guetta, Nicky Romero & Sia “Wild One Two” 4.1
07.       Adrian Lux Feat. Lune “Fire” 4.2
06.       Alyssa Reid Feat. Jump Smokers “Alone Again (Sunship Radio Edit)” 4.2
05.       Example “Changed The Way You Kiss Me (Mixin’ Marc & Tony Svejda Radio Edit)” 4.3
04.       Madonna Feat. Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. & LMFAO “Give Me All Your Luvin’ (LMFAO Remix)” 4.3
03.   Yolanda Be Cool Feat. Crystal Waters “Le Bump” 4.4
02.   Afrojack & Shermanology “Can’t Stop Me (U.S. Radio Edit)” 4.5
01.   Sak Noel “Paso (The Nini Anthem)” 4.6


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              68.8
Total Songs:              / 18 (counted)
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.8


What stale rankings… Not even 10 songs wit 4.0+ ratings? Plus, those ranked #6 – 9 aren’t even that exciting (might even include Example ‘cause it was a re-entry song). Only one new song that was exciting (Sak Noel), since I already knew Madonna, YBC/CW & AJ/Shermanology. :(