FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Review #1,161: Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2012

Reviewed on 5.27.2012 (Review #1,161)


At my aunt’s cabin, at tha moment; figured I’d get this PO outta tha way. Here goes my review for Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2012! Start Time: 7:50 PM | End Time: 9:42 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2012 CD Review (Review #1,161) reviewed on 5.27.2012 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Calvin Harris Feat. Ne-Yo “Let’s Go”
For a dance artist to hook up with a mainstream R&B singer, I hope it’s worth it! >>> So far, not too bad; good chorus music, but would prolly sound good in tha pop world. Not gonna be typin’ too much due to because I’m at tha cabin, I’m reviewin’, listenin’, and playin’ a video game all on tha same laptop. My Rating: 3.8


02. Martin Solveig “The Night Out (Madeon Remix)”
First time I saw it was on MTV, lol, one of tha mornings I had to wake up to go to my internship. Well, with that bein’ said, let’s see how MTVable this iz, lol. >>> It’s okay for MTV standards; music sounds too much like Madeon’s remix to “Raise Your Weapon”, so tha duplication of tha music’s kinda a turn-off… Vocals and lyrics are pretty good for a dance song; not too bad, overall. My Rating: 3.6


03. Scissor Sisters “Only The Horses (Max Sanna & Steve Pitron Radio Edit)”
Actually, had this in IC outta nowhere. Not really an artist I’d IC so fast, at times, but because tha music reminded me a lil’ of Digital Dog, it’s startin’ to catch on, in a way… Tha lyrics and vocals really don’t mean anything to me, but I’m just feelin’ that music, a lil’… My Current Rating: 3.9


04. Kat Graham “Put Your Graffiti On Me (Bimbo Jones Radio Edit)”
Yuck… This iz one of those dumb-soundin’ mainstream songs that have me goin’, “WTF?” Can only imagine what a dance remix gon sound like… >>> Finally, non-typical BJ music? That always seems to happen when I’m not into tha original version… Of course, goin’ tha FB route wit her sayin’, “tag me;” yawn… No interest; stupid-soundin’ mainstream song. My Rating: 2.7


05. Krewella “Killin’ It”
Kick-ass song!!! LOL, I luv how it has some of my urban dialect in it, wit tha “killin’ it!” If it was pre-dubstep dayz, I prolly would’ve thought tha BPM was 160, but it’s 80. Great dubstep music, as well as signed wit a major label! This seems to be one of tha better-soundin’ dubstep songs than some that are comin’ out! My Current Rating: 4.7


06. Bimbo Jones Feat. Ida Corr “See You Later”
Let’s see this collaboration, as well as an IC (Ida Corr) resurrection… >>> Tha beginning almost reminded me of tha previous song of her’s, that “Ride My Tempo (Wideboys)”, lol; sounds pretty good, and lol @ her requoting “Thong Song”: “thong, tha-thong, thong, thong,” lol! Her voice’s a lil’ Auto-Tuned, but I can deal wit this… Nice and quick of a good jam; even some non-boring music from BJ, too. My Rating: 4.2


07. deadmau5 Feat. Chris James “The Veldt”
Hope it’s some music that tha typical dance music people in my area wouldn’t hate on, lol… >>> Definitely too poppy for tha typical dance music people; it’s okay for me, in a way… I bet they think this iz a pop vocalist. My Rating: 3.5


08. Jeremy Carr “Just One Breath”
Tha “Deep At Night” & “The Way We Are” vocalist; sounds like a great song, courtesy of MCD, but what does this original version sound like? >>> Real nice beginning music; we all know his vocals do a nice job in tha dance world! Tha music ain’t too bad, here; I think I slightly like MCD’s Promise Land mix better, though. Either way, soundin’ real nice wit tha original version music toward tha bridge. My Rating: 4.0


09. Jenna Drey “Summer Night In Seattle (Lenny B Radio Edit)”
Really lookin’ forward to hearin’ anotha new song of her’s, once again. However, I hate how she gets tha short end of tha stick wit MCD. No matter what song it iz and how well/bad it does, MCD always gets rid of her songs and doesn’t play ‘em again, which iz gettin’ me pissed. It’s like, can’t one still stay around, once a week or two? They still got some of tha bullshittiest music, here and there, so why not some Jenna Drey? “Can’t Let Go” was on there for about a month and they never played it again; I thought all these dumb MCD songs last 1,000,000 years? >>> Really likin’ tha start a whole lot; this sounds a lil’ hotter than tha “Can’t Let Go” song, for me! Always fall in luv wit her and her music; keep it comin’!! Tha title even looks like a remake… Definitely feelin’ tha whole song; she does a nice job deliverin’ it, as well as LB doin’ a nice job wit tha beats!! My Rating: 4.8
Also: It’s good timing she came out with another song; as of yesterday, after a two year hiatus, iPR IZ BACK!!!!!


10. Avicii Feat. Salem Al Fakir “Silhouettes (Original Radio Edit)”
MCD got but I don’t remember how it sounded… >>> Really likin’ tha vocals and lyrics; they sound like a mysterious, new MCE artist! Also, tha music doesn’t disappoint, either… Interesting song and collaboration, here; didn’t expect it to be this good after bein’ a random MCD add, lol. My Rating: 4.2


½time: I knew this CD was gonna be ½ and ½ for me, but it seems to be more postitive; 3.9 for tha CD rating, currently.


11. DJ Ella Feat. Ricky J “Welcome To The Club 2012”
Two people that had only one song (Ella in ’09 w/“SLASS” & RJ w/tha rap-poppy “Whatta Night” (5/10 PO)); however, no remixers here, so let’s hope DJ E has some hot beats of her own!! Then again, I have a feelin’ this iz gonna sound like one of those dance-poppy beats (with a lil’ extra dance feel to it), with some hip-hop… >>> Lo—oh no, it’s that same “Whatta Night” song? Ehh, but quick revival, since DJ E has some vocals goin’ on, here; not bad, overall, includin’ tha good music… Maybe, this should be a “vs.”, instead? Damn, PO! Yea, definitely on a “vs.” tip; heard tha 1st rapped verse of “WN”, which mixes in a decent way, here. Also, I’m feelin’ some of tha new vocals from DJ E… new, I think, lol? Not exactly what I expected wit tha “vs.” feel, but I’ll this a lil’ bit of a chance… My Rating: 4.1


12. Justin Bieber “Boyfriend (DJ Vice Radio Edit)”
I should just skip. >>> Actually, I like tha computer-soundin’ vocals; also, this music after tha chorus ain’t too bad, either. They really kept tha JB rap in here? Like, what makes him wanna rap? Everyone already hates him as it iz! Even gettin’ my vote: No rappin’ for Bieber! My Rating: 3.7


13. Akcent “My Passion”
Finally, a new song from them? Thanx, Robbins, and fuck-up move for Ultra, as they had “Kylie” six years ago and now, not even signin’! Let’s hear how they gon sound now that Romanian music’s actually on tha top? >>> Feelin’ tha beginning vocals; they sound like Vika? Interestin’ sound, here; lots of elements goin’ on wit tha music that I’m really catchin’ on to, ASAP! Wow, definitely a tight chorus!! Those mysterious female vocals!!! Now that iPR’s back, songs gettin’ out there’s gonna be NICE and easy!! My Rating: 4.7


14. Dave Matthias Feat. Tatiana Owens “Dolce DJ (Original Radio Edit)”
New music from tha Carrillo Music label; not sure what to expect… >>> Sounds like it’s only gonna be decent; it seems like tha CM label only puts out hot music when there’s remixers involved in tha songs… Tha female vocals and lyrics can be sexy, at times, but this ain’t anything at its best, though… My Rating: 3.3


15. Ferry Corsten Feat. Aruna “Live Forever”
FC seems to be on his grind with tha 2012 music, outta nowhere! Feelin’ tha “Ain’t No Stoppin’” song, and now, another song? >>> Hot music and hot vocals already; definitely a nice start… Hot lyrics in tha chorus, and all tha hotness seems to not be stoppin’, here; definitely a good plus!! My Rating: 4.3


16. Cazzette “Beam Me Up (Kill Mode)”
This “Le7els” remixer that seems to be on an above-average level wit these remixes, these dayz… I’m expectin’ this to be a good-soundin’ house song… >>> Ooh, a hot-soundin’ dance song, so far, wit vocals soundin’ like Wynter Gordon! Feelin’ tha lyrics, so far… Tha chorus iz pretty catchy, wit some tightness; ooh, these verses are a turn-on for me! My Rating: 4.3


17. Duncan “Light Up The Sky (Cutmore Radio Mix)”
Accordin’ to tha record label, it’s on a mainstream one (Maroon 5’s signed to); let’s see what this gon sound like, even though I NHI… >>> I thought I was expectin’ disco wit tha music, but it’s not too bad, so far. Lol, one of tha catchier lyrics for tha start: “Million-dollar lotto ticket”? Great, even though these vocals are kinda ehh for me; let’s see how this continues… Overall, not too bad… My Rating: 3.6


18. David Puentez “Envy”
Time to “lose control”, lol!! >>> Of course, tightness, instrumental style! Ooh, I like tha lil’ music breakdown from tha regular beat goin’ on, here! My Rating: 4.4


19. Smash Cast Feat. Katharine McPhee “Touch Me (It’s The DJ Kue Radio Edit)”
Got an American Idol vocalist, here. Before I get into this, I have to say, looks like tha dance world caught on wit tha dumb-ass tag names. OMG, tha rappers, especially tha underground ones I’m dealin’ with, are doin’ this so much, and I’m almost ready to throw up everytime I hear one! Wit this one, it’s DJ Kue; now, it would be easy to just write, “DJ Kue”, on tha mix, but it’s “It’s The DJ Kue” as tha mixer? SMH; I know one dude that does that in my underground world, and his name iz Puppy. Instead of “Puppy”, I see “Puppy I’ll Hit Ya”; I’m kinda like, “Seriously?” So weird… >>> Nice start from tha AI vocalist; neva really hear much music from her, since she really was like a one-hit-wonder in ’07 for her “Over It” song (5/07 PO). DJ Kue usually doesn’t have tha tightest of remixes, especially against others, but this iz soundin’ like a hot one! Lots of hotness comin’ from KP and a good combo wit this main artist; sounds like a duet? My Rating: 4.4


20. Joe Zangie “When The Night Comes”
Got a high AL for JZ; before I even hear it, I think Mr. Mig & Mike Rizzo are on tha mix ‘cause I saw this on one of tha club POs, and it had Mig & Rizzo on tha mix/same BPM. Well then, lemme waste no time and hear this! >>> Doesn’t exactly sound like them on tha mix, but this sounds interestin’… Thought his previous song, from tha 4/11 PO (“You Remind Me”) sounded better, but this iz good, in a different way. He sounds like he should be an artist P105 supports and luvs, like a Megajam artist. Seemed like a short song, but not bad/good, overall. My Rating: 4.2


21. Liam Keegan Feat. Charlie G “Summers Calling (Suneil S & Stu-Con Radio Edit)”
Looks like PO forgot tha apostrophe in “Summers” (EDIT: Actually, tha title really doesn’t have an apostrophe…)? Maybe…, maybe not? Another Carrillo Music presentation, here, so now with a mix, let’s see how this’ll end this CD off… >>> Sounds like a song that actually has a chance of gettin’ out there; nice lyrics and feel! I do think an apostrophe’s in tha title, lol. Ooh, nice music after tha chorus; lots of posititves, here! See, I knew it! Tha “Dolce DJ” song on here wasn’t all that, but now, with a remixer—two, and unknown to me, no less—tha hotness comes outta Carrillo’s label! My Rating: 4.3


Overall: Turned out to be a nice CD, especially tha 2nd ½ havin’ lots of great ratings from me! Let’s keep it up, especially since I gon be 24 next month!


Rankings:

21.       Kat Graham “Put Your Graffiti On Me (Bimbo Jones Radio Edit)” 2.7
20.       Dave Matthias Feat. Tatiana Owens “Dolce DJ (Original Radio Edit)” 3.3
19.       deadmau5 Feat. Chris James “The Veldt” 3.5
18.       Martin Solveig “The Night Out (Madeon Remix)” 3.6
17.       Duncan “Light Up The Sky (Cutmore Radio Mix)” 3.6
16.       Justin Bieber “Boyfriend (DJ Vice Radio Edit)” 3.7
15.       Calvin Harris Feat. Ne-Yo “Let’s Go” 3.8
14.       Scissor Sisters “Only The Horses (Max Sanna & Steve Pitron Radio Edit)” 3.9
13.       Jeremy Carr “Just One Breath” 4.0
12.       DJ Ella Feat. Ricky J “Welcome To The Club 2012” 4.1
11.        Joe Zangie “When The Night Comes” 4.2
10.       Avicii Feat. Salem Al Fakir “Silhouettes (Original Radio Edit)” 4.2
09.       Bimbo Jones Feat. Ida Corr “See You Later” 4.2
08.       Cazzette “Beam Me Up (Kill Mode)” 4.3
07.       Ferry Corsten Feat. Aruna “Live Forever” 4.3
06.       Liam Keegan Feat. Charlie G “Summers Calling (Suneil S & Stu-Con Radio Edit)” 4.3
05.       David Puentez “Envy” 4.4
04.       Smash Cast Feat. Katharine McPhee “Touch Me (It’s The DJ Kue Radio Edit)” 4.4
03.   Krewella “Killin’ It” 4.7
02.   Akcent “My Passion” 4.7
01.   Jenna Drey “Summer Night In Seattle (Lenny B Radio Edit)” 4.8


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              84.7
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.0


LOL, I thought “Killin’ It” was gonna be my #1!