FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Review #1,173: Promo Only: Dance Radio September 2012

Reviewed on 8.16.2012 (Review #1,173)


Promo Only: Dance Radio September 2012 iz here, prolly a lil’ too fast. I think they rushed this one ‘cause I think this iz gonna bomb. However, even better: Not only iz it my favorite artist of all-time’s b-day today (Madonna), but today was tha last time I EVER had to submit an assignment! Finished my Master’s program today, but am walking in 9 months (smh). Anyway, time for tha shitview? I think there are a lot of bad follow-ups on this edition… Start Time: 8:34 PM | End Time: 10:20 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2012 CD Review (Review #1,173) reviewed on 8.16.2012 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Kaskade Feat. Neon Trees “Lessons In Love”
Looks like tha first weird follow-up; followin’ up to “Lick It” here. Why an alternative-rock-supposed-to-be-one-hit-wonder on tha feature? >>> Beginning had a lil’ bit of AL in it, but now, tha chorus sounds like Guetta music; nothin’ exciting for me. At least it didn’t seem like a long song… My Rating: 3.1


02. Rita Ora Feat. Tinie Tempah “R.I.P. (Seamus Haji Radio Edit)”
Looks like it could be another weird follow-up, but I think PO went backwards wit this one. I think this iz older than her hit song, “How We Do (Party)”. Anyway, weird song to be dance-remixed? >>> Not too much of an exciting music start; could’ve expected a lil’ betta from Tempah rappin’ in tha beginning. This iz kinda weird to be remixed… and I usually like tha three of them (Rita, Tinie & Seamus Haji)… My Rating: 2.8


03. Sean Paul Feat. Kelly Rowland “How Deep Is Your Love (Smash Mode Radio Edit)”
Looks like this iz tha fastest song on here, lol? Didn’t even know who tha artist was, at first ‘til I realized tha label and realized it was SP, lol! >>> Sounds like a weird remix; thought he’d have some success wit tha Alexis Jordan collaboration last year, but that went nowhere. Well, even though this has been a weird and shitty start, this iz tha best outta tha 3, so far, and it’s a lil’ above decent for me. Nice chorus from Kelly, and lol @ all tha shit from SP! My Rating: 3.7


04. Scissor Sisters “Let’s Have A Kiki (Almighty Radio Edit)”
I love how that they seem on a gay level, but will have tha most “SUPER CLEAN” RE on PO, lol? MCD got, heard tha ending once, and I think it’s gonna be a really weird follow-up to “OTH”, but I might like it better than that sour song! >>> Startin’ off wit a conversation… Can’t deny tha hot beats; tha most random vocals, lol? Doesn’t even sound like them… Here’s tha chorus, and it’s got a lil’ bit of gayness to it, but damn, it’s always tha beats that add tightness to my rating… always. Since when were they brave enough to say, “Muthafucka,” lol? My Rating: 4.0
EDIT: MCD plays tha original version, which has absolutely nothing to tha beat, dance wise. Maybe, stage and screen wise, lol?


05. Usher “Scream (Fuego Radio Remix)”
More boring music for me… >>> Uh, can we say, “Pop remix, not dance remix?” I think tha original version’s better than this! Can I please “have a kiki” again, lol? Geez, when iz this ending?! My Rating: 1.4


06. The House Rejects Feat. Stab “Exposure (Vocal Radio Mix)”
[No preview, due to I didn’t look at tha ID] >>> Sounds a lil’ betta; hope tha ID’s good. *Checks ID* Yes, finally, a dance artist! Thought tha vocals were Enrique Iglesias before I looked at tha ID, since we’ve been on an all-HM flight. Hope this can stay good/get better! Also, finally, not a weird follow-up (from “Music Is A Savior” from 7/11 PO)! Unique-soundin’ male vocals, here, wit some hot beats from THR! My Rating: 4.1


07. Jaisa “Look At Me Now”
Keepin’ tha consistency goin’? Tha label almost looks like tha same as Shawn Stackz/Tillie Key “2Day” (5/12 PO), so I think I have some AL, here!! >>> Sounds like a hot, original-produced start, wit a lil’ bit of HM lyrics goin’ on, here… Music sounds hot, especially after tha chorus; not too bad wit tha chorus, too. My Rating: 4.2


08. Krewella “Alive”
A normal follow-up, and different from tha previous song! P105 got this song nice and early, and so did PO! I didn’t even know this PO was out ‘til I checked to see if this song made a PO when I got it. Tha music video feels like a nice plane ride, and if summer wasn’t ending. Tha song sounds pretty hot, and I neva heard tha 2nd verse before! Ooh, sounds pretty good, maybe better than tha 1st verse! Unfortunately, I don’t think this’ll get noticed as much as “Killin’ It” ‘cause that song was signed to a major label; this song’s signed to Krewella’s own label, named after them. Watch this be my top-rated song; I hate when it’s a song I already know, but at least it’s somethin’ hot! My Current Rating: 4.6


09. Clinton Sparks Feat. Pitbull & Disco Fries “Watch You”
Oh no, I think it’s time for me to throw-up… Just like last year wit Lil’ Jon, who would’ve thought I’d be mentioning this name and info: It was 10 years ago, I discovered DJ CS, who iz white, spinnin’ some exclusive rap music that I thought was really great to hear, back in 2002. He was on-point wit tha exclusives and now, how’d he get into tha dance world? Please… DF are supposed to be tha actual DJs, here. >>> Who’s singin’ tha vocals? Sounds like it could be a crash-and-burn experience for this Hip-Hop DJ, CS, but compared to some of tha shit on here, it’s not tha worst. How in tha world did Strictly Rhythm get a hold of signin’ this, too? Oh, this world iz weird, lol. And, here comes Pitbull, randomly. Nothin’ too much comin’ outta him; I think this iz more for tha pop world than dance world. My Rating: 3.7


10. Sammy Adams “Only One (J.O.B. Remix Edit)”
Looks like a lotta bullshit goin’ on in tha ID, here; better do a label check ‘cause I think this iz a weird artist for me… *Checks label* Okay, nice and Christina Aguilera-y/Chris Brown-y label, smh. Not lookin’ forward… >>> Sounds like a song I heard on pop stations, but this remix has a hot beat to it, so I’m prolly gonna fall for it… Vocals sound rap-y… Tha 2nd verse sounds a lil’ gay, like today’s rap-type music’s lyrics that make me wanna slap some1. It went from rap-y vocals on tha 1st verse, to rap-y lyrics on tha 2nd verse, and now, actual rappin’ on tha bridge. Ehh, prolly’ll be in ignored rotation for me, playin’ it once or twice every three weeks. My Rating: 3.5


½time: Wow, what a shitty 1st ½; only a 3.5 for tha average CD rating, currently, and I don’t think it’s gonna get better…


11. deadmau5 Feat. Gerard Way “Professional Griefers”
I think dM5 now spells his name in lower-case letters? I noticed it not too long ago… >>> Kinda cool start, but I think this iz tha kinda shit tha dM5 haters’ll hate. It almost feels like this iz a weird follow-up also, from “The Veldt”, but it has a lil’ bit of coolness to it. Vocals sound like hit-or-miss, and tha music’s tha Dance Dance Revolution-type dM, but it’s startin’ to remind me of a skateboarder’s anthem, lol. My Rating: 3.8


12. Lee M w/J Pearl Feat. Iyaz & Snoop Dogg “Slow Motion”
More shit? >>> Ugh @ tha start; sorry, Iyaz! :td Weird follow-up again, to J Pearl’s 2011 “It’s Getting Physical (Wideboys)”… Well, tha song changed up quick, as J Pearl still sounds pretty hot; nice chorus! Ugh @ those vocals on tha 2nd verse; tha sound I hate in rap music! Get that gayness away from me!! Speakin’ of SD, he changed his name to Snoop Lion recently, lol… Kinda shitty, but kinda good; I might include this one in ignored rotation, depending on where my future goes, since I no longer am enrolled in anything… Ooh, not only a nice appearance from J Pearl on tha verse, but Snoop came in outta nowhere, and did a nice job! :tu My Rating: 3.9


13. Kimberley Locke “Finally Free (Smash Mode Radio Edit)”
I think she needed to come back. I hope this iz gonna be good… >>> Sounds like a nice fast start for tha beginning. It feels like it has been a while since she released a song—2010 wit “Strobelight” was tha last one. I was at some hideout and one of tha music channels played her last song, and it took me a few seconds to recognize it, lol; doesn’t time fly? Anyway, sounds pretty hot here; good chorus and tight music! Almost sounds like she’s saying, “Finally freaky,” lol! She seems to keep jumpin’ from label to label wit her releases; wonder how this does on this I Am label? My Rating: 4.4


14. Cher Lloyd “Want U Back (Cahill Radio Remix)”
WHAT A WEIRD REMIX FOLLOW-UP TO Ola “All Over The World”!! I played Ola’s song at least 500x, and it’s finally leavin’ my playlist Sunday, after a NICE 33 weeks on my playlist! Sampled it on YT, since iPR added, and I don’t think I can like it too much for a HM. *Rehears* Beat’s so hot, and I know I like my females, but what’s wit tha lyrics and rapid-fire flow? Seems like an odd mix… I love it wit my rappin’, but a lil’ confusing for a pop artist…—newbie. My Current Rating: 3.8


15. Sted-E & Hybrid Heights Feat. Mr. V “See U Move”
Bleh @ tha cleanness; I know Mr. V for bein’ an MCE artist, and he sounds more like a hosting/talking DJ; let’s see what’s good wit this. >>> This time, it’s a lil’ bit of rappin’, and has that underground feel to it. Music could be better; not much comin’ outta it. It could’ve taken some of those weird HMs’ tight music and it would’ve been better. My Rating: 3.4


16. Adam Lambert “Never Close Our Eyes (R3hab Radio Edit)”
This has been tha year where re-entries/same artists land in tha same spots on different POs: Madonna (3/12 & 4/12), Meital (11/11 & 4/12) & now, AL. I may like R3hab, but I don’t think it’ll match Almighty’s 7/12 PO mix. >>> I think this iz gonna be tha first song, ever, that I add both versions at tha same time, since nobody got tha other mix. Well, not a disappointin’ mix; actually sounds like R3hab’s remix to “Naughty Naughty”, in a way. Lol, I love how I can picture a previous remix all tha time wit R3hab! Of course, it sounds funny wit a gay vocalist like this, too! But, thumbs up for another good remix! My Rating: 4.2


17. Angelique Sabrina “Pull Up (Smash Mode Radio Edit)”
Looks like a hotty; started it off kinda fast, so lemme see what comes outta this! >>> Sounds like it could be a reggae song; she sounds pretty hot, in this case! A couple of different mixed styles comin’ outta this, in a way. I didn’t have much to say, but this was nice to hear. My Rating: 4.0


18. Silver Medallion “Stay Young”
More unknown label music; I think this iz gonna be somethin’ I’m anticipatin’, hopefully! >>> Sounds like vocals that came from an island or somethin’; a unique start, here… Tha chorus has some hot music in it; I dunno if this song’ll go anywhere, but it’s not bad for a complete newbie. My Rating: 3.9


19. Joe Zangie “When The Night Comes (Beat Thrillerz Radio Mix)”
Hope this can be better than tha original. I don’t think tha original from tha 6/12 PO’ll do too good wit me, now that I’m no longer at my internship (spins were, like, 3x less than my previous playlist, due to all tha focusing on my last project I had to do), so let’s see what happens wit this mix. >>> Tha beginning doesn’t make me too anticipated…; where’s Mr. Mig & Mike Rizzo when you need ‘em? Chorus sounds like a slow version of tha original version; I don’t think we needed to hear a mix like this, smh. Tha chorus has a beat goin’ on, but I don’t think it’ll be that strong for me to play a lot… I might even have to ignore this mix, since tha original’s still tryin’ to climb with me. My Rating: 3.6


20. Pitbull Feat. Shakira “Get It Started”
Bleh… Saw it on MTV Hits. *Rehears* Shakira sounds hot—almost like tha female version of tha Adam Lambert song. Then again, Pitbull, how many people are you teamin’ up with? Why does Pit have to have an original production that sounds dancy like this? Sorry, but wack rhymes for me; no need for all tha name dropping! Lemme see who produced this by lookin’ at Wikipedia… Okay, it’s 4 people; most affiliated wit rappers rappin’ off dance beats. I’m also sick of these slow intros/slow parts in songs that are tryin’ to be dance. It’s like, why a slow part, smh? My Current Rating: 3.5


21. Kristina Maria “Our Song Comes On”
Ending it with another weird follow-up. This seems a lil’ old, since P105 had it for a few months, now. I thought I’d have a lot of AL after hearin’ “Let’s Play”, from last year, but I didn’t pay attention to this song. Lemme rehear it and see what happens. >>> Sounds good for an original production, but tha lyrics are a lil’ too poppy for me… My Current Rating: 3.6


Overall: Well, not really a good PO for me… Too many HMs, which caused there to be too many decent/below-average songs on here.


Rankings:

21.       Usher “Scream (Fuego Radio Remix)” 1.4
20.       Rita Ora Feat. Tinie Tempah “R.I.P. (Seamus Haji Radio Edit)” 2.8
19.       Kaskade Feat. Neon Trees “Lessons In Love” 3.1
18.       Sted-E & Hybrid Heights Feat. Mr. V “See U Move” 3.4
17.       Pitbull Feat. Shakira “Get It Started” 3.5
16.       Sammy Adams “Only One (J.O.B. Remix Edit)” 3.5
15.       Kristina Maria “Our Song Comes On” 3.6
14.       Joe Zangie “When The Night Comes (Beat Thrillerz Radio Mix)” 3.6
13.       Clinton Sparks Feat. Pitbull & Disco Fries “Watch You” 3.7
12.       Sean Paul Feat. Kelly Rowland “How Deep Is Your Love (Smash Mode Radio Edit)” 3.7
11.        Cher Lloyd “Want U Back (Cahill Radio Remix)” 3.8
10.       deadmau5 Feat. Gerard Way “Professional Griefers” 3.8
09.       Lee M w/J Pearl Feat. Iyaz & Snoop Dogg “Slow Motion” 3.9
08.       Silver Medallion “Stay Young” 3.9
07.       Angelique Sabrina “Pull Up (Smash Mode Radio Edit)” 4.0
06.       Scissor Sisters “Let’s Have A Kiki (Almighty Radio Edit)” 4.0
05.       The House Rejects Feat. Stab “Exposure (Vocal Radio Mix)” 4.1
04.       Adam Lambert “Never Close Our Eyes (R3hab Radio Edit)” 4.2
03.   Jaisa “Look At Me Now” 4.2
02.   Kimberley Locke “Finally Free (Smash Mode Radio Edit)” 4.4
01.   Krewella “Alive” 4.6


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              77.2
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.7