FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review #1,205: Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2012

Reviewed on 9.27.2012 (Review #1,205)


Gonna try and make this quick, as I’m slowly catchin’ up. However, I think most of this iz gonna be good! My review for Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2012! Start Time: 11:52 PM | End Time: 1:02 AM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2012 CD Review (Review #1,205) reviewed on 9.27.2012 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. September “Hands Up”
Did I forget what tha 1st song was for tha 1st time, rofl? I’m actually gonna do a listen until I can figure out what it iz… >>> Oh, that voice of September; that’s who it iz! I was like, what’s that really good start for me forgetting? Sounds like a hot beat, almost like some David Guetta breakdowns durin’ tha chorus and then, tha hotness unleashes; pretty good “HU”-type song… Good job for these enlightenin’, nightlife lyrics and feelin’! My Rating: 4.2


02. Paul Van Dyk Feat. Plumb “I Don’t Deserve You (UK Radio Edit)”
Up next… >>> Forgot what it was gonna be, but now I see it and it looks like it’s gonna be a good collaboration! Feelin’ tha smooth start, white as a cloud, lol. Music doesn’t change around too much, so it seems like it’s okay for production, but better for vocals/lyrics. Finally, a lil’ change for tha better in tha music at 2:50, even though that took a lil’ long… Either way, nice job wit tha collaboration. My Rating: 4.0


03. Calvin Harris Feat. Example “We’ll Be Coming Back”
First song I already know on here and it’s a lil’ gay for me; it already fell off my playlist after that summer breakdown I had wit gettin’ my external drive recovered, which was, like, 13 dayz of waiting. Even though Example’s on tha feature, I couldn’t even tell who was doin’ tha vocals and when; that’s how much I was confused when hearin’ this… Music doesn’t stand up to tha previous CH songs, and it’s too weird of a song for me. Funny how tha 1st two songs on here were above this; they’re better, and I thought this would’ve been an easy first track… My Current Rating: 3.5


04. Milan & Phoenix “Istanbul (Not Constantinople)”
LOL… ROFL… Didn’t think Next Plateau would sign this; sounds so Ultra… But yea, Italia strikes again! P105 bein’ a great outlet for a lotta new adds, these dayz… Seems quick as 1, 2, 3 wit gettin’ to tha point, and sounds like a hot song, even though I haven’t played it too much. My Current Rating: 4.3


05. Melanie Amaro “Don't Fail Me Now (Ferry Corsten Remix Radio)”
FC doin’ 1 of 2 remixes here; let’s see tha follow-up to her stealin’ tha disco “R.E.S.P.E.C.T.” cover… >>> Sounds good wit her vocals; almost sounds like a HM, but I don’t think it’ll get pop exposure, since her last song seemed to be like a flop… Music ain’t too bad, but it could be a lil’ hotter for a song and music, itself… Hearin’ tha 2nd verse, and tha music sounds poppy than FC and his trance vibe? My Rating: 3.7


06. Madeon Feat. Zak Waters & Cass Lowe “The City”
LOL again… I guess they’re gettin’ out there, thanx to that Martin Solveig “TNO” remix they did. Now that “TNO” iz so boring and played-out, looks like this iz where we should be wit Madeon. Still, it’s their similar beat style, but I seem to like this better. Vocals sound catchy; sounds like one of tha best night songs of tha year? Should get more exposure if it’s signed to major label, Columbia, but at least that makes it big in tha dance world… Love that “distance / exist and” rhyme in tha chorus! Kick-ass chorus!! I even really like that last three seconds of tha beat ending a lot, too! Anticipation for what’s about ta come up next, iPod or computer? My Current Rating: 4.4


07. Morgan Page, Andy Caldwell & Jonathan Mendelsohn “Where Did You Go”
One of tha new P105 adds from just a week ago; surprised they got a hold of this, even though PO just came out a few dayz ago. Now, lemme hear! >>> Not too bad of a start; hope we get a strong chorus or somethin’… Ehh, chorus ain’t that bad, but nothing seems to stand out too much; I guess tha slightly-better-than-average beat’s what’s to “go” for, here? Not even that much of a song, either; thought there’d be a 2nd verse, at least… My Rating: 3.8


08. Kat DeLuna “Wanna See U Dance (La La La)”
Let’s see what she’s got for an original version… >>> Sounds like it gon be a real good start wit tha music; Romanian beat flava? Chorus sounds catchy; nice job! 1st verse sounds like a big party; great job, Kat! Good 2nd verse, too; all about that chorus and a potential banger for her! Too bad pop doesn’t really pay attention to her anymore; hate how pop’ll make people look like false one-hit wonders! Ahh, even a DS-type breakdown wit just tha beat, lol… My Rating: 4.4


09. Chris Lake & Lazy Rich Feat. Jareth “Stand Alone”
Tha other P105 add from last week that’s featured on this CD; let’s hear it (follow-up to “Sundown”)! >>> Of course, better than I expected; catchy vocals and delivery of tha lyrics! Nice job wit tha 1st verse, and much better than tha MP, AC & JM song! Chorus sounds pretty hot wit that beat, too!! Whoo, lovin’ tha catchy vocals a lot!! All about attractin’ “enemies;” I was recently referred to as “gay” from this dumb-ass rapper from tha south, when I hadn’t talked to him in over two years! It’s like, you bring my name up outta nowhere? “And you gay, like FrankieThaLuckyDog;” smh, but I lol at me just bein’ brought up!! Lots of verses like “Spectrum”? Guess we’re in tha “Spectrum” world now; good shit!! My Rating: 4.6


10. Justin Bieber “As Long As You Love Me (Ferry Corsten Remix Radio Edit)”
Yuck… Bieber originally teamed up wit an overrated rapper, but went solo for tha FC remix. MCD has this, and it doesn’t exactly sound like him, but it’s too “Ain’t No Stoppin’” wit tha music, so there’s really nothin’ to this for me. Really? Tha “ANS” cloned music sounds better here than tha Melanie Amaro remix? Might played this a few times, but prolly less than 10. My Current Rating: 3.6


½time: Well, seems like this CD’s mostly good; some songs that were just decent, but a few bangers stand out! 4.1 for tha CD rating, currently!


11. Markus Schulz Feat. Seri “Love Rain Down (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Radio Mix)”
Love how MCD’s showin’ luv to tha Armada Music imports, puttin’ ‘em in regular rotation durin’ tha day and shit!! They did it wit Matt Darey/Leah “Hold Your Breath” earlier in tha spring and now that “HYB” finally died out ( :( ), time for this to take over! Original version sounds really good, so let’s see how this faster mix goes… >>> Sounds real nice wit a long beat build-up… Glad tha VT vibe’s here, in a faster way, wit this beat! I might even have an almost-tie between liking tha original version and this mix! Original version has some good beat elements, but this has a faster element wit a good beat, still… My Rating: 4.5


12. P!nk “Blow Me (One Last Kiss) (Project 46 Remix Radio)”
Oh no, P!nk; I don’t think I need to hear a different mix than MCD’s Gigi Barocco mix… >>> Tha MS build-up worked, but I don’t think this beat build-up’ll hold up for me… For a wild MCD mix, this mix sounds too quiet and calm for tha attitude of this song… Ehh, weird, soft-soundin’ music after tha chorus; ewe! I think I oughta take a breather and see if tha 3 raccoons and possum are eating my grandma’s garbage, lol… *Checks* Nothing; bad P!nk! My Rating: 2.5


13. Nause “Hungry Hearts”
Let’s see what we got here… >>> Ooh, really feelin’ tha beat start; hope everything looks good on tha ID once I find out what it iz!! Catchy vocals, but can’t figure out what it iz? *Checks ID* Had a feelin’ it was gonna be somethin’ new; lyrics ain’t too bad for tha chorus, as I somewhat think they sound a lil’ childish. However, a lil’ bit of an anthem for rulin’ “tha world.” Almost reminds me of tech-house in tha beat a lil’, which keeps my anticipation high! My Rating: 4.3


14. Ne-Yo “Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself) (Seamus Haji Radio Mix)”
>>> Oh, this fuckin’ song’s on here; I knew it! So pissed off at it ‘cause MCD stopped playin’ “Heal” outta nowhere, last month, and everytime their original version of this song’s quiet start comes on, I think it’s “Heal”; fuck! Definitely tired of this; guess this iz MCD’s other mix, too. Hot beats after tha chorus, which made me think it was Gregor Salto on tha mix, but didn’t impress me enough, completely. Finally, SH has a much-better mix than all tha Gossip and “R.I.P.” songs, but it’s not like I’m payin’ attention to this… My Current Rating: 3.4


15. Starkillers & Richard Beynon Feat. Natalie Peris “What Does Tomorrow Bring”
Hope we can expect somethin’ much better after that fuckin’ “Let Me Love You”!!! >>> Checkin’ tha ID once I heard tha hot vocals, and it looks like it’s gonna be an anthem, hopefully! Seemed like SK finally got some decent exposure after “Pressure”, despite previously hatin’ on my 2006 awards, lol! But yea, tha beat’s definitely to tha max, here; lots of hotness comin’ outta this beat!! Just like tha “Spectrum” songs, let’s keep tha “Pressure” songs comin’! Really feelin’ tha beat, and tha vocals really make dance music seem like it’s always gonna be fulla anthems! Should get released immediately ‘cause it sounds like a great end-of-tha-year song, like “Pressure”, which was big a year ago around this time! My Rating: 4.7


16. Asaf Avidan “One Day/Reckoning Song (Wankelmut Remix Edit)”
>>> Didn’t look at tha ID, yet, but it sounds like a really bad start… I assume this iz tha slow, 119 BPM song on here…? Lemme see what this iz… *Checks ID* Ke he lo Jewish, rofl? He ah lo mo fe ke ni ze pi mo qu pfh—POO, lol!! What iz this??? Oh, just gets worse toward tha 2:00 mark, when tha vocals get all emotional as fuck! Bad representation of havin’ a house feel wit tha repeatin’ verses, compared to tha great house songs that were on this CD, already!! My Rating: 1.1 (we’ll let MJ be last on my ratings, lol!)


17. Mariah Carey “Triumphant (Get 'Em) (Laidback Luke Radio Edit)”
I think I need a recovery… >>> Didn’t look at tha ID at first, but this iz kinda floppy for Mariah, sadly; even wit tha original version havin’ two rappers on it, it has, like, no exposure… Vintage Throwback Remix iz a good dance remix, but this iz hot, too; it’s just prolly not goin’ anywhere… Wow, really short? Oh yea, tha other rappers aren’t on it; that’s why. My Rating: 4.1


18. Taylor Jones “Rock This Party”
What could this be? >>> Sounds like a hot beat and a good “party” song; not 100% sure what to make outta this, yet… Oh, I had a feelin’ some rappin’ was gonna come outta nowhere. Actually, it sounds pretty hot wit all these hot beats not stoppin’; fastness and a hot beat! Still, what’s wit tha sing-rap songs? Why can’t they just stick to one type?! This iz kinda exceptional for a sing-rap one, though, although I dunno if I can see this gettin’ exposure; who knows… My Rating: 4.4


19. Michael Jackson Feat. Pitbull “Bad (Afrojack Remix/DJ Buddha Edit)”
Pitbull? Either way, why iz this ‘80s song gettin’ remixed? *Skips* Can just painfully deal wit it on MCD, smh! My Current Rating: 1.0


20. Steve Aoki vs. Duran Duran “Hungry Like The Wolf (The New York Werewolf Mix Radio Edit)”
Why again iz this ‘80s song gettin’ remixed? Almost was ready to skip it but tha hot beats can get ya… Still, tha original verses are hella gay, especially wit that “do, do, do, do…” shit! :? Can deal wit it on MCD; wonder why they have it in late night rotation? Sounds weird to them, especially when they got “Love Rain Down” in regular rotation; ain’t it tha opposite, lol? My Current Rating: 2.6 (yea, hot beats are there, but DD’s kinda a dealbreaker; I think I should rate this higher than P!nk…)


21. EDX Feat. John Williams “Give It Up For Love”
I’m expectin’ a good ending wit EDX as tha DJs… >>> Ugh, why tha acoustic guitar beat? Way too dry for a start—watch it become an anthem outta nowhere like “Don’t Wake Me Up”… Well, chorus ain’t too bad; sounds a lil’ country on tha vocals? Beats aren’t too bad, overall, but it’s not too impressive… My Rating: 3.2


Overall: Not too bad for a CD, overall; I think it’s nice and decent…


Rankings:

21.       Michael Jackson Feat. Pitbull “Bad (Afrojack Remix/DJ Buddha Edit)” 1.0
20.       Asaf Avidan “One Day/Reckoning Song (Wankelmut Remix Edit)” 1.1
19.       P!nk “Blow Me (One Last Kiss) (Project 46 Remix Radio)” 2.5
18.       Steve Aoki vs. Duran Duran “Hungry Like The Wolf (The New York Werewolf Mix Radio Edit)” 2.6
17.       EDX Feat. John Williams “Give It Up For Love” 3.2
16.       Ne-Yo “Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself) (Seamus Haji Radio Mix)” 3.4
15.       Calvin Harris Feat. Example “We’ll Be Coming Back” 3.5
14.       Justin Bieber “As Long As You Love Me (Ferry Corsten Remix Radio Edit)” 3.6
13.       Melanie Amaro “Don't Fail Me Now (Ferry Corsten Remix Radio)” 3.7
12.       Morgan Page, Andy Caldwell & Jonathan Mendelsohn “Where Did You Go” 3.8
11.        Paul Van Dyk Feat. Plumb “I Don’t Deserve You (UK Radio Edit)” 4.0
10.       Mariah Carey “Triumphant (Get 'Em) (Laidback Luke Radio Edit)” 4.1
09.       September “Hands Up” 4.2
08.       Milan & Phoenix “Istanbul (Not Constantinople)” 4.3
07.       Nause “Hungry Hearts” 4.3
06.       Taylor Jones “Rock This Party” 4.4
05.       Kat DeLuna “Wanna See U Dance (La La La)” 4.4
04.       Madeon Feat. Zak Waters & Cass Lowe “The City” 4.4
03.   Markus Schulz Feat. Seri “Love Rain Down (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Radio Mix)” 4.5
02.   Chris Lake & Lazy Rich Feat. Jareth “Stand Alone” 4.6
01.   Starkillers & Richard Beynon Feat. Natalie Peris “What Does Tomorrow Bring” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              76.3
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.6


Wow, look at all that gayness at tha bottom of my rankings list, all in a row! I think tha CL/LR collaboration’ll be my most-played from this CD…