FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, November 2, 2012

Review #1,218: Promo Only: Dance Radio November 2012

Reviewed on 11.02.2012 (Review #1,218)


Kinda lookin’ forward to this Promo Only: Dance Radio November 2012, even though I’m in such a shitty mood… Start Time: 8:03 PM | End Time: 9:25 PM



Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2012 CD Review (Review #1,218) reviewed on 11.02.2012 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.




01. Calvin Harris Feat. Florence Welch “Sweet Nothing”
Surprised a collaboration again happened so fast. Florence iz obviously tha lead singer of Florence + The Machine, and Calvin remixed their “Spectrum (Say My Name)”, which caught onto me just two months ago. Now, it’s Calvin featuring just her, and it seems to be (maybe) gettin’ out there, such as MTV Hits and MCD. Lemme give it a full listen and see what I have to say. >>> Tha intro almost sounds like “We’ll Be Coming Back”. Not much to say about tha 1st verse, but tha chorus, I guess, iz gonna be tha best outta this song? I know tha “Spectrum” song has a better, anthemic chorus than this. This one’s music’s prolly equal to “WBCB”, here. This may do slightly better than “WBCB” for me, but I don’t think this’ll do too good by tha end of tha year ‘cause I’m gonna be really tied up, not listenin’ to much music… My Rating: 3.8


02. Christina Aguilera “Your Body (Papercha$er Remix- Radio Edit)”
Let’s see how this mix’ll turn out wit tha $$$ on tha mix. >>> Okay start, but it hopefully will pick up toward tha chorus/after tha chorus? I guess it’s a good beat for tha chorus, but I’m still waitin’ on some excitement… Hearin’ tha after-chorus part, and it sounds good, even though I thought there were gonna be more tight beats, like on tha previous remixes… Then again, this iz just a HM. Ahh, dubstep breakdown, as always, lol… My Rating: 3.8


03. Kat Graham “Wanna Say (Fred Falke Radio Edit)”
Let’s see what’s after “Graffiti”… >>> Ehh, sounds a lil’ disco-y; I’d thought I was expectin’ better for tha remixer… Either way, good vocals as a switch-up to “Graffiti”. Overall, not that bad for me… My Rating: 3.6


04. Dragonette “Let It Go”
A lil’ more on tha yucky side, and older, too. Barely got spins wit me back in tha summer/news station dayz. Also, tha beat and tha vocals sound either off beat, or nothin’ lines up exactly; I originally was like, “What’s goin’ on?” Like, where’d tha chorus come outta, and there’s not really any catch to it… My Current Rating: 3.0


05. One Direction “Live While We’re Young (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
Wasn’t sure why they made this CD again; lol @ me not knowin’ who they were on tha April CD and now, they’re, like, Bieber status… >>> Good chorus and hot beat for a HM, but nothin’ too excitin’ for me… However, it may be better than tha four songs I just heard… My Rating: 3.8


06. The Saturdays “What About Us (Seamus Haji Radio Edit)”
A new artist and a somewhat-anticipatin’ remixer; lemme see what this iz about… >>> Ehh, boring music start and it’s soundin’ like a HM. If I can remember, it’s signed to one of those HM labels. This iz only okay for me; could be better wit spins wit me than an actual rating, but for tha review, nothin’ too excitin’, again. My Rating: 3.4


07. Sam & The Womp “Bom Bom (Fear Of Tigers Radio Edit)”
A MCD add, and I think P105 got it. Lemme rehear this one ‘cause I think it was a toss-up for me… >>> Sounds weird; I dunno if we wanna call this rappin’ or pop bs. Sounds like good music, even though tha vocals are really weird. However, I did like tha chimpanzy sound effect, lol. Some of it can be catchy, but as far as great songs on this CD, this ain’t up in tha 4.0s. Seven songs in, and no 4.0s, still… My Rating: 3.7


08. Kaskade Feat. Haley “Llove (Dada Life Radio Edit)”
“Motherfuckers” (lol) on tha remix; that makes me think it’s gonna sound more MCE-y, so lemme hear this for tha 1st time… >>> Yea, not 100% dance on tha beat like I expected… Likin’ tha verse a whole lot wit Haley and a change of beat! Yea, it’s a “remix;” she must’ve known, lol? Never heard tha original version; I was gonna listen, but I figured it would be on here, so I waited. A lot of these songs have been really quick, so far; this one flew by, but it’s tha first 4.0 for me. My Rating: 4.1


09. David Puentez Feat. Cerésia “Nobody Falls”
Finally, a high AL, and I’ve been waitin’ to hear!!! >>> Yes, real good start, and it only gets better wit tha chorus!! Ooh, very nice music wit a lil’ bit of a rock sound, at times! Nice “blow me away” part between tha vocals and beat, too! What a nice way to uplift a shitty mood! This chick must be hot; hope we hear more from her! Glad to see DP on his grind, even though he should have way more exposure! Hate how no one got “Envy”. :( My Rating: 4.7


10. Meital Feat. Sean Kingston “On Ya (R3hab Vocal Edit)”
I hope this iz gonna be a real good remix. Who would’ve thought it has been a whole year since “Yummy Boyz”? >>> So far, decent start, even though I despise SK bein’ on this; what made Meital Dohan wanna team up wit him? Just wanted his part to end ASAP when hearin’ tha original, but this iz a nice remix, and his part didn’t last too long! LOL, tha music after tha chorus sounds like a sports event or somethin’, lol, how random! Also, added beats; very interestin’… Love tha consistency of tha music and bits of tha chorus continuin’ ‘til tha end! My Rating: 4.4


½time: Real slow beginning for me, but it picked up once #8 came along; only a 3.8 for tha CD rating, so far, but I think it’s gonna pick up!


11. Neon Hitch “Gold (Ralphi Rosario Radio Remix)”
[Didn’t get to do a preview…] >>> Hot music start; lookin’ forward to seein’ what this iz! *Checks ID* Ooh, tha return of NH; almost forgot she was on here… Of course, havin’ a nice remixer helps for a good song/HM, and this sounds catchy wit her hotness/vocals! Tha chorus ain’t too bad; very catchy vocals and music combination! Lookin’ forward to this gettin’ out there; it “betta,” as she says! Music change at 3:02; let’s keep this goin’! My Rating: 4.5


12. Carmen & Camille “IDGAF (Reidiculous Remix Radio Edit)”
Not givin’ “a fuck” on tha title, lol? I think I had some AL for this ‘cause it was a new label? Let’s see this… >>> Not bad for tha start; can’t complain. Tha chorus sounds like a HM house party or somethin’… Ooh, likin’ tha music after tha chorus and random vocal parts; good shit! Tha rest sounds good; almost didn’t have much of a catch on tha verses, but tha chorus gets a plus, and tha after-chorus parts! My Rating: 4.1


13. Julissa Veloz “Overload”
Back in tha #13 spot on another November CD, lol (she had it in ‘10’s November CD)? No remixer for her for tha first time, so I wonder what this’ll sound like? Lookin’ forward! >>> Nice start wit tha original dance music and her vocals/’dance’-type lyrics… Nice job wit tha chorus, too; ooh, there’s pluses here! I like those claps and then, tha high-energy beat before tha chorus! A DS breakdown, and she sounds like she’s rappin’ toward tha end; didn’t expect that! Good, but lol @ people goin’ faster on tha mic over DS when DS iz originally supposed to be near-½ dance’s BPM (but vocals are sometimes delivered in that 140 BPM range, I think)! My Rating: 4.3


14. Nelly Furtado “Parking Lot (Fagault & Marina Remix)”
What could this be? >>> I dunno about a dance remix, but this sounds catchy for a song, itself. Yea, good for a song, and not bad for a remix. However, dance world? PO? Naw… Also, a lil’ too long; I thought this CD was filled wit really short songs? My Rating: 3.6


15. Joshua Micah “When The World Ends (Sted-E & Hybrid Heights Radio Edit)”
[Didn’t do a preview…] >>> Sounds like a HM/rock song? I think it’s soundin’ catchy… Recognizable chorus? Lemme see tha ID. *Checks ID* NHI, and iz it tha same label as Julissa? Oh naw, actually lookin’ online, and it’s Sylvia Tosun’s label; weird. I swear, I thought this would be a pop label… Hearin’ tha 2nd verse and I’m really likin’ those keys, dance beat, and these mysterious, new male vocals! My Rating: 4.2


16. Kreayshawn “Go Hard (La.La.La) (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
Wonder what this iz… >>> Ooh, sounds hot and catchy for a start; likin’ tha “go hard” shit! Almost thought it was tha “Loca People” vocalist in tha beginning, but this new lady sounds tight! Sounds like silly lyrics, but they sound hot on this beat! Damn, anotha DS breakdown? How many has been on this CD? Definitely a real-catchy chorus; real hot!! LOL @ tha “take your jacket off” to this “silly girl;” all about goin’ “hard!” My Rating: 4.6


17. Grace Valerie “Don’t Wanna Be Waiting (Timothy Allan & Loverush Radio Mix)”
Looks like a high AL wit tha remixers; lookin’ forward to hearin’ this one!! >>> Nice start wit tha vocals; hope tha music gets better, which it’s buildin’ up as I type… Hearin’ tha chorus, and tha music’s top notch wit these vocals! Definitely somethin’ nice to hear; good job! Lookin’ forward to tha rest of this, too! Tha music breakdown after tha chorus ain’t too bad; I think tha chorus tops it for what’s best outta this song… Yes, anotha chorus; real hot!! My Rating: 4.4


18. Parachute Youth “Can’t Get Better Than This”
What could this be? >>> Vocal trance beat start? Sounds like some random vocals; I think this’ll be catchy… Sounds like somethin’ interestin’ signed by Ultra, finally… Not too bad, overall, even though these vocals can turn into tha ones that have to grow on you. Music can be a lil’ repetitive, but I like tha deep feeling in it, at times. My Rating: 3.9


19. Gina Star Feat. Laza Morgan “I Want It Now”
This looks like somethin’ good for a new collaboration; let’s see what we got here… >>> Why a male rock sampleish start? Now, there’s rappin’, and it’s a guy? I thought this was two females? Dude sounds like will.i.am from Black Eyed Peas… Ugh, why a slow beat on tha chorus? Iz this 128 BPM or 64? Make up your mind! How iz this signed to tha same label as “Diamonds In The Sky”? Sounds like Ultra would’ve signed or somethin’… This can be hit or miss wit me in rotation, but I’d prolly pay attention to it, a lil’, if someone got it. My Rating: 3.2


20. Cara “Yolo (Bryan Todd vs. Mr. Mig Radio Edit)”
Tha last song, and one that I prolly have almost-near tha most AL for. Somethin’ about it and that title… Lil’ background about tha title: First heard about it in an underground rap song; thought it was a dead person’s name, but what it iz iz an acronym for “You Only Live Once,” and mainstream rapper Drake was tha one who came up wit tha acronym just last year. Wit that bein’ said, this looks really anticipatin’, especially wit tha remixers? Hopefully, it’s a female this time, lol! >>> Of course, gotta luv tha beginning beat; new, mysterious music? Not bad wit tha 1st verse, but that chorus sounds nice; great new girl, here! This sounds like it can borderline toward a HM, but it’s good to have some “Yolo” in tha dance world, lol… Oh God, anotha DS breakdown! Again, anotha set of rappin’ on it, too; funny how that’s everyone’s approach when somethin’ breaks down to DS… My Rating: 4.4


Overall: Wow, that was fast; only took me 82 minutes to get through this. Well, I think this turned out to be good, overall; there were a good amount of great ones for me; not much of tha 2nd ½ disappointed me… I think there were too many HM-like songs, but there’s a good amount of music on here…


Rankings:

20.       Dragonette “Let It Go” 3.0
19.       Gina Star Feat. Laza Morgan “I Want It Now” 3.2
18.       The Saturdays “What About Us (Seamus Haji Radio Edit)” 3.4
17.       Kat Graham “Wanna Say (Fred Falke Radio Edit)” 3.6
16.       Nelly Furtado “Parking Lot (Fagault & Marina Remix)” 3.6
15.       Sam & The Womp “Bom Bom (Fear Of Tigers Radio Edit)” 3.7
14.       Christina Aguilera “Your Body (Papercha$er Remix- Radio Edit)” 3.8
13.       Calvin Harris Feat. Florence Welch “Sweet Nothing” 3.8
12.       One Direction “Live While We’re Young (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 3.8
11.        Parachute Youth “Can’t Get Better Than This” 3.9
10.       Carmen & Camille “IDGAF (Reidiculous Remix Radio Edit)” 4.1
09.       Kaskade Feat. Haley “Llove (Dada Life Radio Edit)” 4.1
08.       Joshua Micah “When The World Ends (Sted-E & Hybrid Heights Radio Edit)” 4.2
07.       Julissa Veloz “Overload” 4.3
06.       Meital Feat. Sean Kingston “On Ya (R3hab Vocal Edit)” 4.4
05.       Grace Valerie “Don’t Wanna Be Waiting (Timothy Allan & Loverush Radio Mix)” 4.4
04.       Cara “Yolo (Bryan Todd vs. Mr. Mig Radio Edit)” 4.4
03.   Neon Hitch “Gold (Ralphi Rosario Radio Remix)” 4.5
02.   Kreayshawn “Go Hard (La.La.La) (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 4.6
01.   David Puentez Feat. Cerésia “Nobody Falls” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              79.5
Total Songs:              / 20
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.0