FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Review #1,228: Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2012

Reviewed on 12.15.2012 (Review #1,228)


Okay, finally got tha latest PO (December 2012). Since I'm convertin' my cassettes to mp3s at my college, I'm doin' this on my Mac, for tha 1st time; it's gonna be quick. So, I'm just typin' this in TextEdit than in Word... Basically, it's just gonna look like text instead of my typical formatting/template I use... Start Time: 9:00 PM | End Time: 10:12 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2012 CD Review (Review #1,228) reviewed on 12.15.2012 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Rihanna "Diamonds (Bimbo Jones Vocal Radio Mix)"
Really wanted to have this and now, I got it. Music could be better, but I like tha chorus and lyrics. Sometimes, when she says, "Diamonds in tha sky," I get jealous 'cause TVR & HNS "Diamonds In The Sky" should've been bigger than this! Ironically, for MCD, it seems like it was 'cause MCD doesn't play this song that much... My Current Rating: 4.2


02. Fedde Le Grand & Nicky Romero Feat. Matthew Koma "Sparks (Turn Off Your Mind)"
This looks anticipatin'; always get in tha mood to hear MK on tha vocals! >>> Good start wit tha music and vocals, so far; I think we're gonna be expectin' a big chorus or after-chorus... Yea, pretty hot chorus and great vocals bein' delivered! We'll see how much I feel this... Finally, some after-chorus music at 2:00 and it's pretty hot, too. My Rating: 4.3


03. Nervo & Hook N Sling "Reason (U.S. Radio Edit)"
My highest AL on this CD!!! "You're Gonna Love Again" + "Diamonds In The Sky" should equal somethin' REAL hot!!! >>> DEFINITELY a NICE beat start tha way I like and Nervo's comin' through wit tha catchy vocals! So many of these songs are already on P105 & MCD. P105 got this one right before this PO shipped, as well as some of tha other songs on here... Hurray for HNS; tha more I hear from them, tha better I feel about songs bein' out! Funny how PO neva got "YGLA", but it was on MTV Hits. They need to realize sometimes, lol! My Rating: 4.7


04. Vita Chambers "Fix You (Dawood & Mutant X Radio Edit)"
Almost forgot who she was, at first. Now, I remember that she was a one-hit-wonder chick from '10 with a not-that-popular song tha same name as Lil' Wayne's label ("Young Money"). Let's see how this got out there on P105 & on here... >>> An okay start wit tha vocals and song, itself; we'll see if it can catch more... Sounds like another song that has tha focus on tha after-chorus music; seems like there's a lot of those, these dayz... Hearin' tha chorus for tha 2nd time, and it sounds like I'm feelin' it a lil' better; hot title part! My Rating: 3.8


05. M'Black Feat. Nicole Dash Jones "Crush"
P105 got this fast & so did MCD. Three years after "Heartbreak", here's another one. Sampled it on MCD & it sounds pretty hot; here goes tha full review... >>> Just like tha other song, I'm feelin' this one just about tha same, in a different way! Really like tha 130 BPM music flowin' through. I believe tha vocals are tha same as tha previous song (according to Wikipedia, "Heartbreak"'s vocals are by Nicol (a.k.a. Nicole Dash Jones). Great follow-up here! My Current Rating: 4.4


06. Cherry Cherry Boom Boom "One And Only (R3hab Radio Edit)"
[No preview] >>> Hearin' tha beginning beat before I look at tha ID, and it must be a R3hab mix ('cause of tha long intro?)... *Checks ID* It iz, and this song only sounds okay so far. Might have to get used to this and these vocals... Some of tha music iz cool, as usual... My Rating: 3.6


07. The Wanted "I Found You (Moto Blanco Radio Edit)"
iPR (before they temporarily got off tha air, due to Superstorm Sandy) got tha original version, and I wasn't into it. Don't anticipate this mix, either... >>> Bleh, it's barely okay on tha verses, but tha chorus sounds childish wit tha vocals. What a bad follow-up to "Chasing The Sun"! My Rating: 2.9


08. Michael Woods Feat. Ester Dean "We've Only Just Begun"
What a surprise for tha feature... Heard MCD get this one night I got home late from converting cassettes; I woke up outta nowhere while my top 10 countdown was playing on my laptop (like, 2:25 AM) and this premiered on MCD. ED's a one-hit-wonder for a pop/R&B song ("Drop It Low"), from a few years ago. Now, lemme hear this in its entirety! >>> See, you can neva tell a vocalist's history when they appear on tha track; sounds hot between tha vocals and music!! Wow, a lot of these songs seem to be under-three-minutes long! Wonder how this collaboration came about? My Rating: 4.3


09. Kerli "The Lucky Ones (Morgan Page Radio Edit)"
Finally gettin' this, too; seems to be gettin' out there both on P105 & MCD! For a MP mix, it sounds hot wit tha combination of Kerli! How can you not luv a "lucky" song, lol? DEFINITELY a NICE chorus & tha music almost reminds me of Cezar "Keep On Trying" during tha after-chorus, in a way. Also, I really like tha lil' verse that's in this; great taste! Great song! Wish she would get back on MTV again! Underrated! My Current Rating: 4.3


10. Jes & Andy Duguid "Before You Go"
Keepin' tha REAL HOT DANCE SONGS comin' along!! Of course, P105 jumped on this back in October, and it's another song wit a lot of music, it seems like. PO never likes listin' tha real intro length; it's :40, not :07 or whateva! But, took a lil' while to get some better spins with me, but it's doin' above-average with me, right now. Wish there was more goin' on wit tha music, but it still sounds good wit Jes and her talent! My Current Rating: 4.5


½time: I don't have Excel on here, so I can't get an average CD rating. But, sounds like almost every song was a dance song except a couple. Only The Wanted was yucky; let's see how tha rest of this turns out...


11. Kwanza Jones "Supercharged (Gustavo Scorpio Radio Edit)"
Tha fastest song on here (only 132 BPM); what to expect wit this? >>> REAL HOT beginning music; wish I could hear this on my stereo than this MacBook's speakers... I had a feelin' tha music was gonna remind me of Tony Moran & Warren Rigg, which it kinda does! Likin' tha chorus, too; sounds like a pretty HOT anthem wit a lot of dance music energy, lol!! Not exactly sure how to describe tha vocals, but they're interestin' for a random female. That lil' rap on tha bridge almost sounded like Missy Elliott. Overall, I don't think this'll get out there, but it's hot for me! My Rating: 4.6


12. Otto Knows "Million Voices"
Who "knows" what this'll be like... >>> Africa in tha beginning, or iz that just words repeatin'? Almost sounds like I would've heard this in a MCD mix or somethin'; sounds very familiar, and sounds good wit tha music, overall. Sounds like it could even go pop, if you look at Zedd & all these people wit instrumental-soundin' house songs. Music's slowly remindin' me of a David Puentez sound, and I'm startin' to feel this much better! "A"s and "ah"s are good enough for tha vocals; didn't need anything else! My Rating: 4.4


13. Kim Sozzi "Why Can't This Be Love (Dark Intensity Radio Edit)"
Damn, forgot she had a new song on here; got my AL on lock! She goes PERFECT wit these cassette tapes, too, lol! >>> Sounds good, even though I expect tha music to be a lil' betta... Wit all tha songs on here, I'm surprised P105 or MCD didn't add it in two seconds... Chorus sounds good, but this music doesn't fit her too much... Nice "hurricane" line to start tha 2nd verse off... Hope there are better mixes out there, like Stellar Project, Josh Harris, Mike Rizzo, etc.! My Rating: 3.7


14. Alexandra Stan "Lemonade (Topakabana Remix Edit)"
Hope this ain't another fuck-up mix. Original sounds like a good, '90s, Ace Of Base-type song, but it's all about tha Cahill mix! >>> Wow, this mix ain't good at all; at least have a Romanian beat or somethin'! Finally, my wish came true at 1:45, but tha music 0:00 - 1:45 was just too plain... Glad another song of hers iz gettin' out there, at least! If this was tha Cahill mix, I would rate it, like, a 4.9, but this mix makes this near tha bottom of this ranking list... My Rating: 3.1


15. Ellie Goulding "Anything Could Happen (Almighty Radio Edit)"
Good HM, whether tha music iz plain or not. Even though this song was in a commercial, I think she's gonna be a one-hit-wonder for her song earlier in tha year ("Lights") 'cause it doesn't seem like this iz doin' much for tha pop world. For some reason, she reminds me of an autistic person with her voice and when she sings; she was Skrillex's girlfriend. My Current Rating: 4.1


16. Trouble Kleph Feat. Bass Kleph "Make Me Forget (Original Mix Radio Edit)"
I only know tha feature from remixin' Sarah McLeod's "White Horse" (which wasn't better than Whelan & DiScala's mix). Let's see what this gon be about... >>> Sounds okay, but it's probably gonna be a lil' boring, unless I can get used to these vocals, and this bein' another song that focuses on tha music. My Rating: 3.5


17. The Bloody Beetroots Feat. Greta Svabo Bech "Chronicles Of A Fallen Love"
Looks real hot on tha ID! Even though I could never remember to say her name, tha featured artist's from "Raise Your Weapon". TBB are usually more MCE-based, so let's see how this combo'll come out... >>> Sounds more like some slow, soft dance. Oh, it turned into MCE/Daft Punk-like at 1:01; interesting, although it could lose its dance points with me... Definitely enjoyin' tha lyrics and tha quiet music parts, though! A nice, long, quiet ending, lol. My Rating: 4.2


18. Joshua Micah "When The World Ends (Matteo Marini Radio Edit)"
Didn't recognize it at first, but I did right after. Another mix was on tha previous PO, and I dunno where I got my high rating from. I can agree wit your review wit tha "annoying vocals," at times. But, can this mix help save it from floppin'? >>> This iz a better mix, but tha rating's gonna be lower for me 'cause of my lack of interest for tha song, now. Of course, not many songs from Sylvia Tosun's label get out there, but of course, P105 picked this up (prolly this mix 'cause it was added when tha M'Black, Nervo/HNG songs were added); yawn... My Rating: 3.4


19. Stereo Missile vs. Carlotta Chadwick "Freak (Wayne G & LFB Electro Anthem Edit)"
I dunno if I gon anticipate this wit all tha clean shit in tha ID... >>> Ehh, barely any interest for me, between tha vocals, lyrics & music... Actually, it sounds kinda pathetic to review this right now 'cause what's playing on my converted tapes from 2003 (in tha background) iz Abigail "Falling" & Reina "No One's Gonna Change You", ironically from a different PA's college radio station. Makes me bleh @ some of these songs out now... As for this song, it seemed so short to even gain interest from me. My Rating: 2.0


20. Joanne Borgella "Sake Bitch"
I love how this PO goes from "PO Clean Edit" to a title with "bitch" in it, lol. Endin' it wit a Robbins song; can only imagine how this'll go as tha final PO song of 2012... >>> Kinda sounds non-dancy. Ironically, I wouldn't've known what this title was 'til just three months ago, where durin' my Dad's birthday, we went to a sushi place in Sayville. He owns Marina Market on Fire Island, and we had "Sake." I had no clue what it was; shot alcohol-like shit (chopped rice?) into my mouth outta nowhere, lol! Could've expected this female to be hot, but doesn't seem like it. Thought this would be a lil' funny, but it's not. Maybe, a dancier beat, but nothin's really poppin'. A lil' repetitive wit nothin' really standin' out, either... My Rating: 1.8


Overall: Seemed like a good CD 'til tha watered-down ending. Most of tha bangerz are already released, so I don't think there's gonna be much exciting adds in tha future...


Rankings:

20.       Joanne Borgella "Sake Bitch" 1.8
19.       Stereo Missile vs. Carlotta Chadwick "Freak (Wayne G & LFB Electro Anthem Edit)" 2.0
18.       The Wanted "I Found You (Moto Blanco Radio Edit)" 2.9
17.       Alexandra Stan "Lemonade (Topakabana Remix Edit)" 3.1
16.       Joshua Micah "When The World Ends (Matteo Marini Radio Edit)" 3.4
15.       Trouble Kleph Feat. Bass Kleph "Make Me Forget (Original Mix Radio Edit)" 3.5
14.       Cherry Cherry Boom Boom "One And Only (R3hab Radio Edit)" 3.6
13.       Kim Sozzi "Why Can't This Be Love (Dark Intensity Radio Edit)" 3.7
12.       Vita Chambers "Fix You (Dawood & Mutant X Radio Edit)" 3.8
11.        Ellie Goulding "Anything Could Happen (Almighty Radio Edit)" 4.1
10.       The Bloody Beetroots Feat. Greta Svabo Bech "Chronicles Of A Fallen Love" 4.2
09.       Rihanna "Diamonds (Bimbo Jones Vocal Radio Mix)" 4.2
08.       Fedde Le Grand & Nicky Romero Feat. Matthew Koma "Sparks (Turn Off Your Mind)" 4.3
07.       Kerli "The Lucky Ones (Morgan Page Radio Edit)" 4.3
06.       Michael Woods Feat. Ester Dean "We've Only Just Begun" 4.3
05.       Otto Knows "Million Voices" 4.4
04.       M'Black Feat. Nicole Dash Jones "Crush" 4.4
03.   Jes & Andy Duguid "Before You Go" 4.5
02.   Kwanza Jones "Supercharged (Gustavo Scorpio Radio Edit)" 4.6
01.   Nervo & Hook N Sling "Reason (U.S. Radio Edit)" 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              75.8
Total Songs:              / 20
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.8