FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Review #1,242: Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2013

Reviewed on 1.15.2013 (Review #1,242)


My first review of 2013… Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2013. I’m in a bad mood with this HM-lookin’ CD, so I’m not even doin’ any previews before tha songs, will listen to some for, like, one minute, skip some, and (maybe) keep it short. Start Time: 10:06 AM | End Time: 11:02 AM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2013 CD Review (Review #1,242) reviewed on 1.15.2013 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Zedd Feat. Foxes “Clarity”
I see PO put tha “(Radio Edit)” (songs with no mixes) back in tha ID; I’m just gonna take ‘em out. Plus, they left Foxes, tha vocalist outta tha ID, smh. Heard it a few times between MCD and MTV Hits, and tha lyrics and vocals are real great, though tha music could be better… It gets a lil’ better after tha chorus, at least. Glad this year’s PO starts off with a big dance artist/song… Startin’ to like this a lil’ better… My Current Rating: 4.2


02. Kelly Clarkson “Catch My Breath (A Lab Remix Radio)”
>>> I usually don’t have tha AL for KC, but tha remixes seem to always turn out pretty good. Another new remixer puttin’ together a good-soundin’ remix. My Rating: 3.7


03. Britt Nicole “Gold (Wideboys Vocal Radio Edit)”
>>> Not really too anticipated ‘cause Neon Hitch has “Gold” out right now… Ehh, a lil’ weak wit tha music and tha vocals are only okay. Tha stronger music durin’ tha chorus doesn’t match a ‘tight’ level for me wit these okay vocals… And, some random rappin’, lol? What else’ll be random? My Rating: 3.5


04. Sandro Silva Feat. Jack Miz “Let Go Tonight”
>>> Sounds like tha fast song on here (132 BPM)… Finally, somethin’ above normal; an okay vocal start, but tha trance sounds in tha beat sound hot durin’ tha chorus! Hope this gets out there, unlike tha BS HMs on this CD! My Rating: 4.3


05. Sean Kingston Feat. Cher Lloyd “Rum & Raybans (Bimbo Jones Radio Edit)”
How long ‘til I end this song? >>> Music iz barely okay; why SK?! Who gives a shit if he ‘tries’ to make FAKEance music. *Skims to Cher Lloyd’s part* Never mind… My Rating: 2.4


06. Jessi Malay “Bougie”
>>> Sounds like Dev… Oh no, sounds like a swag song (about having a good clothes style, etc.) that’s tryna enter tha dance world; yuck! Wow, I thought she was sayin’, “gucci,” on tha chorus, but that’s tha title. Kinda 50/50 for me. I like some of it, but some of it doesn’t sound like it’s for me. My Rating: 3.2


07. Kaskade & Swanky Tunes Feat. Lights “No One Knows Who We Are”
>>> Ehh, vocals sound like a kid; they’re not that bad, though… I like how tha music speeds up after tha chorus. Oh, a DS feel; a lil’ interesting, but not outstanding, overall. My Rating: 3.6


08. Justin Bieber Feat. Nicki Minaj “Beauty And A Beat (Wideboys Radio Edit)”
*Skips* Tha both of them—especially NM—need to GO AWAY!!! My Rating: 1.0


09. Far*East Movement Feat. Cover Drive “Turn Up The Love (7th Heaven Edit)”
>>> Love 7th Heaven, but why these “Like A G6” people? Another mysterious artist not listed on tha chorus, smh. Like their other raps, it almost doesn’t make too much sense, at times. Different music for 7th Heaven, but still sounds good on tha music. My Rating: 3.6


½time: Just so I don’t waste any time on this CD, lemme do this ½time while tha previous song’s playing… Only a coupla good songs, so far; tha rest are HMs, mostly shitty. Lowest ½time rating? 3.3, so far.


10. Conor Maynard Feat. Ne-Yo “Turn Around (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
>>> Damn, even this song’s on here? SMH… A better mix, but ENOUGH wit these HM songs from these random new artists that are takin’ over MCD!! My Rating: 3.5


11. Ciara “Sorry (Boris Radio Edit)”
>>> Thought I’d hear a better mix, but this doesn’t hold up like MCD’s; next! My Rating: 1.8


12. MNDR “Feed Me Diamonds”
>>> Despite it bein’ 110 BPM, it’s one of tha only songs I have AL for on here. This geeky chick seems to put me in a good mood… Sounds very ambient; not as catchy as “#1 In Heaven” or “Faster Horses”, but it’s tolerable… Then again, can we have a remix? Gotta stay on a fast path, PO… My Rating: 3.5


13. Ludacris Feat. Usher & David Guetta “Rest Of My Life”
Other than tha music after tha chorus, this iz uncalled for. NO FTLD!! No need for a “Without You” Part 2 and why iz this on MCD? Rappers must HATE this; like, why iz a rapper doin’ this? Next! My Current Rating: 2.6


14. Alex Gaudino Feat. JRDN “Playing With My Heart”
>>> Real tired of these “Promo Only Clean Edit”s; losing AL every time I see ‘em… Finally, some hot dance music; almost sounds like Usher, Trey Songz, or some R&B artist… I like it; I’ll give it props, courtesy of AG. My Rating: 4.0


15. Noise Mac Feat. Tania “I Like In Stereo”
Almost thought it said Tamia on tha feature but NO, no “Stranger In My House” here; just a bunch of STRANGERS IN THA HOUSE, smh! >>> Ehh, not too disappointin’; has a DS feel like tha Kaskade song. Vocals are a lil’ catchy for these beats; house meets DS. My Rating: 3.8


16. Lucas Prata “Done With The Fight”
How will LP hold up on this kinda CD? >>> A good start; music sounds like a familiar dance producer, but can’t picture who it could be… I also think it sounds like it could get boring after a few listens… My Rating: 3.7


17. Benny Benassi Feat. Gary Go “Cinema (Skrillex New Radio Edit)”
I’m not gonna review it; lemme just hear how different it iz before I skip it… >>> *Skims* WTF, it’s tha SAME except ONE beat change after tha chorus! And, a rave-soundin’ part after tha 2nd chorus… Anyway, why iz it that every odd number year, we keep bringin’ music back from tha previous odd number year? “Summerfish” (2007) -> “Summerfish 2009”; this -> “Cinema” in 2013? Hate to say it, but this song broke tha record for most appearances on a PODR: 5/11, 6/11 & 1/13. As for me, tha dayz of my cousin dyin’ and a rapper stealin’ $555 from me (2011) are OVER! I only kept 44 songs on my iPod from 2011; that’s how PATHETIC tha year was!! *Skips* My Rating: 1.0


18. The Wanted “I Found You (Bob Sinclar Radio Edit)”
>>> Why again??? I’m not gonna skip it ‘cause it sounds better than that mix on tha previous PO (that mix, I should’ve skipped if I would’ve known this was comin’); I actually like tha chorus music. I may add it on my playlist as a spike (low spins), but I still think it’s cheesy. My Rating: 3.6


19. Bridgit Mendler “Ready Or Not (Smash Mode Radio)”
Why iz tha BPM in tha ID (117)? >>> Cheesy HM. My Rating: 1.9


Overall: Wow, this iz tha WORST PO I’ve eva reviewed! Not many 4.0s, only 19 songs, I reviewed it in under an hour, and this has tha LOWEST average CD rating for me. I know 1/11’s PO was like this, so I hope this doesn’t reflect on how 2013’s gonna be for me. I’ll just look at tha Zedd/Foxes song as a good prediction, and keep my head up.


Rankings:

19.       Justin Bieber Feat. Nicki Minaj “Beauty And A Beat (Wideboys Radio Edit)” 1.0
18.       Benny Benassi Feat. Gary Go “Cinema (Skrillex New Radio Edit)” 1.0
17.       Ciara “Sorry (Boris Radio Edit)” 1.8
16.       Bridgit Mendler “Ready Or Not (Smash Mode Radio)” 1.9
15.       Sean Kingston Feat. Cher Lloyd “Rum & Raybans (Bimbo Jones Radio Edit)” 2.4
14.       Ludacris Feat. Usher & David Guetta “Rest Of My Life” 2.6
13.       Jessi Malay “Bougie” 3.2
12.       Britt Nicole “Gold (Wideboys Vocal Radio Edit)” 3.5
11.        MNDR “Feed Me Diamonds” 3.5
10.       Conor Maynard Feat. Ne-Yo “Turn Around (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 3.5
09.       Kaskade & Swanky Tunes Feat. Lights “No One Knows Who We Are” 3.6
08.       Far*East Movement Feat. Cover Drive “Turn Up The Love (7th Heaven Edit)” 3.6
07.       The Wanted “I Found You (Bob Sinclar Radio Edit)” 3.6
06.       Kelly Clarkson “Catch My Breath (A Lab Remix Radio)” 3.7
05.       Lucas Prata “Done With The Fight” 3.7
04.       Noise Mac Feat. Tania “I Like In Stereo” 3.8
03.   Alex Gaudino Feat. JRDN “Playing With My Heart” 4.0
02.   Zedd Feat. Foxes “Clarity” 4.2
01.   Sandro Silva Feat. Jack Miz “Let Go Tonight” 4.3


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              58.9
Total Songs:              / 19
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.1