FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Review #1,282: Promo Only: Dance Radio May 2013

Reviewed on 5.12.2013 (Review #1,282)


Finally arrived in tha mail two dayz ago: Promo Only: Dance Radio May 2013; this my review, as I got my Master’s Degree in Production, earlier today! However, sadly, on April 11, tha year had its fall for me. I got into a fight wit an artist I deal with in Louisiana on tha phone (DJ B-Real). They were screamin’ at me, and I wound up crying… It also happened yesterday, too, but I blame “Stellar” for originally givin’ me tha power to speak my mind. Tha power of dance music? Though this hasn’t been my year for dance music, some of it sometimes gives me tha power to go at certain people who aren’t treatin’ me right, just by listenin’ to it. Anyway, I just woke up from a nap and have to get this done ASAP ‘cause I gotta upload my playlist online (am a week late now), and do extra adds, since it’s Sunday (new weeks in rotation start Monday). I might be in one of my boy Al’s quick moods, here, lol, though I may think this’ll be a good CD… Start Time: 11:12 PM | End Time: 12:34 AM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2013 CD Review (Review #1,282) reviewed on 5.12.2013 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Daft Punk Feat. Pharrell Williams “Get Lucky”
Signed with major label Columbia Records (I promised I’d list tha labels). However, no need to play it ‘cause it’s pathetic, belongs on MCE & Pharrell belongs back in tha rap world, producing and doin’ choruses for others, like he did in tha early 2000s!!! My Current Rating: 2.0


02. Kelly Clarkson “People Like Us (Baggi Begovic Radio Mix)”
A KC song with a content warning, lol? What, does she say, “Damn,” or somethin’, lol? As always with her songs, signed with 19 Recordings / RCA Records. >>> Actually, it sounds like a nice start, and I think I like it better than her previous song (“Catch My Breath”), since I ignored that. Beat sounds Benny Benassi-like; nice! Oh, I was right about tha “damn”—“damned” to be exact, lol. Nice chorus and hot beat!! My Rating: 4.3


03. David Guetta Feat. Ne-Yo “Play Hard (R3hab Remix)”
Like his stuff since “When Love Takes Over”, it’s signed with Astralwerks Records / Capitol Records. I really like R3hab, but this song gets on my nerves, so this remix might be a skip; let’s see… >>> Though it’s a DvD thing, it’s, like, DvD sampling, but I still consider it DvD. Guess it’s just house with just a chorus? Washing away all tha Akon verses, lol! Ehh, I’d say this iz better than tha original version! Really, this was 4:00 long? Sounded real short with only two parts + no Akon, lol! My Rating: 3.6


04. The Aston Shuffle vs. Tommy Trash “Sunrise (Won’t Get Lost) (Tommy Trash Radio Edit)”
Signed with Casablanca Records, which has been signin’ dance songs recently (such as “I Could Be The One” with Universal Republic Records). A new MCD song, but lemme do tha review now. >>> This one of those ‘typical’-soundin’ songs for me (male vocals and beats after tha chorus). I wanna hear a ‘typical’-soundin’ one with female vocals, though it might just be just decent for me. There’s plenty of male-vocal songs that are on tha ignore level for me; this doesn’t stand out too much for me, at tha moment… My Rating: 3.1


05. Style Of Eye & Tom Staar “After Dark”
Spinnin’ Records song (e.g., “Cannonball”, “Molly”, “Amnesia”). Seems like a big dance song, but it’s one of those typical songs for me. Might get tha ignore, or barely played, especially since it’s gettin’ played more than I can attempt to show it luv. My Rating: 2.8


06. Raw Silk “Do It To The Music (Fedrico Scavo Radio Edit)”
NHI; Ultra Music on tha signing… >>> Female vocals this time; let’s see how it goes… Oh, I know this from mixshows or somethin’ (tha “so get down” line)… Wow, really dry music for me. :( If it’s tryna be house with this chorus repeating, it’s gotta do way better, like, “Out Of Touch” better!! Okay, added instruments at 1:17, but that doesn’t stop tha boring music in tha background… Prolly gon ignore it, but if it gets lucky to get in rotation with me, it sounds like one of those late-nighters/songs played not that much… My Current Rating: 2.6


07. Showtek & Bassjackers “Hey!”
Robbins song. Follow up to “Cannonball” it looks like! MCD got it fast, so if “Cannonball” was on here, they prolly would’ve gotten it, too! Lemme re-hear it for tha review… Real nice beginning, but tha music dies after tha “Hey!” part. However, it picks up a lil’ at 1:00, but not really on a “Cannonball” level for me. Sounds like a peak at 2:00; nice lil’ IDS (Instrumental Dance Song) to go with tha collection! My Current Rating: 4.3


08. Tommie Sunshine & Disco Fries Feat. Kid Sister “Cool Without You”
Somewhat AL with TS & KS; Vicious iz tha label (NSI—never seen it)… >>> Ick, what iz this singin’? Used to her rappin’, and these vocals are just average for me… Chorus iz on tha repetitive side, and tha music ain’t really all there… Pretty short, lol. My Rating: 2.5


09. Nervo “Hold On (Fred Falke Radio Edit)”
Likin’ tha original version, so let’s see if this song needed a remix… And, they’re with tha same label as Guetta (Astralwerks/Capitol). >>> More like a doozie from tha original version; sounds like deep house with tha music! Tha original version has hot music parts for a near-soundin’ ‘typical’ sound. Another disappointment for me, as I’ll just stay wit tha original version and not even IC this version! My Rating: 2.3


10. TJR “Ode To Oi”
No AL here; expectin’ some Pitbull-type shit since they were featured on his “Don’t Stop The Party”. “I Could Be The One”’s label, here (Casablanca/Universal Republic). >>> Disguised song/AL, lol? Some nice beats in tha beginning! Ehh, a lil’ bit of a borer on tha chorus wit tha chanting. I was almost expectin’ a “Cannonball” beat wit tha build up… :( A lil’ interesting, but really, 4:30 on tha length? My Rating: 3.8


½time: I have to admit, though this CD ain’t outstanding for me, I’m glad there’s, like, no HMs. Just tha first 3 songs were HMs (well, DP should be MCE-like), but either way, lowest ½time rating for me, so far, on a PO review: 3.1 for tha CD rating…


11. DJ Antoine Feat. Craig Smart & TomE “Bella Vita (DJ Antoine vs. Mad Mark 2K13 Radio Edit)”
Here’s someone with usually a low rating for me. Not sure what to expect; iz it gonna be a remake, based off tha 2K13 in tha ID? Of course, like his other songs, Ultra’s behind this one… >>> Liking tha beginning music, but tha vocals remind me of what I was expectin’ wit tha TJR song… Good chorus music here. Oh, even some rappin’; it ain’t that bad, but that chorus iz startin’ to catch onto me a lil’ more… Almost sounded like Pitbull before tha 2nd verse (like, a hidden “Whooooooooah,” or whateva he does before his verses). I liked tha 1st verse better; sounds like I’m hearin’ tha title a lot… My Rating: 3.9
EDIT: Tha uncredited features are actually Craig Smart & TomE.


12. Kosca “Love Will Find A Way (Bastinado Radio Edit)”
An Amathus Music song (label behind Rev-Players, Sophia Cruz); glad PO got another one of their signed songs! Never heard this artist or tha remixer, so let’s see if some AL’ll pay off… >>> Wasn’t sure about tha 1st 7 seconds, but I hear a hot female on tha vocals! Almost sounds a lil’ like Dee Dee & tha music’s pretty nice, too! Finally, somethin’ exciting, on tha NHI tip! Not sure if this song’s a lil’ long (3:48); I’m tryin’ to stay interested, though it seems like tha chorus plays a lot… My Rating: 4.4


13. Swanky Tunes & Peking Duk Feat. James McNally “You Are Like Nobody Else”
Another Spinnin’ Records song, but a disappointment to me. P105 got it first, and I ignored it ‘cause it’s on a typical level. Now, MCD got it ‘cause it’s on here, and I’m just not into these repetitive vocals… Music ain’t bad, and there’s a verse… No offense, but how many of these songs iz there? Some are good, but I still think there should be at least one fast/Cascada/DJ Manian (yes!!) song on here, to give tha people somethin’ different! Even if it’s just one; be versatile, PO, and EDM world, lol! My Current Rating: 2.9


14. Mat Zo & Porter Robinson “Easy”
Went tha Guetta route with tha Astralwerks/Capitol label. P105 got it first and I’ve been ignoring it ‘cause it was on a typical level, and even some MCD plays. However, I do enjoy listenin’ to it on MCD and now that I keep gettin’ into fights (smh), I might bring it into my playlist, finally, ‘cause I seem to just keep listenin’ to my lower-rated songs than tha higher-rated ones. It seems like life sucks, at tha moment, when I’m awaiting a job & sittin’ home all day! Anyway, at least this iz quick and less-repetitive from MCD’s extended mix. My Current Rating: 4.0


15. Bouvier & Barona Feat. Abigail “Surrender (Sted-E & Hybrid Heights Radio Remix)”
Lookin’ like some AL for an Abigail comeback, although I hope it ain’t stale with these remixers on tha mix. With tha remixers bein’ on tha mix, of course, Carrillo Music on tha signing (Julissa Veloz, Rod Carrillo). >>> Nice start wit tha vocals; hope tha music ain’t dry like this for tha whole beginning… Sounds like a good chorus wit some hot music sounds; good, glad there’s no obvious disappointment here! Music changed up at 1:19; ehh, a lil’ bit of a dry feeling… I would’ve rather it’ve been a Calvin Harris-type sound after tha chorus. Tha 2nd verse ain’t too bad, though a dry 2nd chorus? My Rating: 3.9


16. Feed Me & Crystal Fighters “Love Is All I Got (Friction Remix)”
Again wit this gay song from tha last PO (ending song)? Tha BPM caught me off guard (87), but that could mean a DnB style, too. Either way, not lookin’ forward for this Columbia Records song… >>> Yea, I can detect tha BPM style, since I’ve always known my DnB songs were supposed to be 174 BPM (which iz 87 doubled). And, tha DnB always catches my attention, so I can feel it! Oh, not really a DnB, but a DS breakdown… Tha beginning music has a 174 feel, but tha DS breakdown’s 87… Still sounds nice on tha beat, but still icky wit tha vocals! My Rating: 3.4


17. Wildstylez Feat. Niels Geusebroek “Year Of Summer”
Next Plateau Entertainment on tha signing. With tha DJ bein’ named Wildstylez and tha BPM bein’ 150, I would assume it’s on some Basshunter-type shit, here? Oh, for tha love of God, if this iz some fuck-up song, then I give up with tha fast songs’ ALs… But, I believe I’m excited! >>> Well, kinda what I expected a lil’, a weak vocal start, but let’s see how it progresses… Nice beat, here, and tha chorus sounds nice! What? Where’s tha bass? A lil’ dry with tha bass and fast kicks, but still sounds real nice! Glad it’s true fastness, but it’s like Basslesshunter, lol. My Rating: 4.2


18. Sander Van Doorn vs. DubVision & Mako Feat. Mariana Bell “Into The Light”
Another Spinnin’ song. MCD got this, but I don’t think it’s SVD’s true style (e.g., AVB and his “This Is What It Feels Like” song, where it’s not even on a trance level and iz tryna be mainstream). Lemme do tha review and see what’s up… >>> Typical style, but with female vocals this time. People know SVD for bein’ a bit of a trance/faster DJ. Some nice beats, here, and a lil’ bit of vocals. Ehh, I guess this iz an exception; it’s okay, and I think it’s better than a good portion of tha shit on here. My Rating: 3.6


19. Katia Nicole “The Girl Can’t Help It”
Parimore Music on tha signing (NSI). Wonder who this “girl” iz wit this DS BPM of 73… >>> Sounds a lil’ interesting in tha beginning, but sounds funny for a mix of DS, vocals like this, and a title like this. LOL, dark-soundin’ DS feel after tha chorus! Even though it’s catchy, I kinda lost it toward tha end, lol. My Rating: 3.8


20. Mischa Daniels “Intergalactic”
Final song on here. Of course, wit him, it’s Ultra signing… Iz this gonna be some sorta Beastie Boys sample, especially since it’s already been a year since they lost one of their members (MCA)? Lemme see… >>> Got tha progressin’ beat in tha beginning; might just be an IDS song! LOL, I was so wrong wit my preview; interestin’ for an IDS song; sounds a lil’ familiar, since I’ve been hearin’ quite a lot of mixshows on MCD, lately… My Rating: 4.0


Overall: I have to admit, as much as I didn’t have that high of ratings, I like tha fact that there were, like, barely any HMs! I think there were NONE on tha 2nd ½, lol! I think that’s a 1st; R.I.P. HMs, lol! I don’t mind HMs goin’ outta style, lol! If this iz tha way PO has to be, fine, but for me, I like catchier songs that grab my attention instantly.


Rankings:

20.       Daft Punk Feat. Pharrell Williams “Get Lucky” 2.0
19.       Nervo “Hold On (Fred Falke Radio Edit)” 2.3
18.       Tommie Sunshine & Disco Fries Feat. Kid Sister “Cool Without You” 2.5
17.       Raw Silk “Do It To The Music (Fedrico Scavo Radio Edit)” 2.6
16.       Style Of Eye & Tom Staar “After Dark” 2.8
15.       Swanky Tunes & Peking Duk Feat. James McNally “You Are Like Nobody Else” 2.9
14.       The Aston Shuffle vs. Tommy Trash “Sunrise (Won’t Get Lost) (Tommy Trash Radio Edit)” 3.1
13.       Feed Me & Crystal Fighters “Love Is All I Got (Friction Remix)” 3.4
12.       Sander Van Doorn vs. DubVision & Mako Feat. Mariana Bell “Into The Light” 3.6
11.        David Guetta Feat. Ne-Yo “Play Hard (R3hab Remix)” 3.6
10.       TJR “Ode To Oi” 3.8
09.       Katia Nicole “The Girl Can’t Help It” 3.8
08.       Bouvier & Barona Feat. Abigail “Surrender (Sted-E & Hybrid Heights Radio Remix)” 3.9
07.       DJ Antoine Feat. Craig Smart & TomE “Bella Vita (DJ Antoine vs. Mad Mark 2K13 Radio Edit)” 3.9
06.       Mischa Daniels “Intergalactic” 4.0
05.       Mat Zo & Porter Robinson “Easy” 4.0
04.       Wildstylez Feat. Niels Geusebroek “Year Of Summer” 4.2
03.   Kelly Clarkson “People Like Us (Baggi Begovic Radio Mix)” 4.3 (lol)
02.   Showtek & Bassjackers “Hey!” 4.3
01.   Kosca “Love Will Find A Way (Bastinado Radio Edit)” 4.4 (who knew, lol?)


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              69.4
Total Songs:              / 20
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.5