FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review #1,304: Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2013

Reviewed on 7.17.2013 (Review #1,304)


Preparin’ some video countdowns, at tha moment. Because of that, I’ve been distracted, and haven’t had time for this—what I think gon be shitty, Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2013 review. Not only did this issue come out early, but only 18 songs and a bunch of old ones? I think this was definitely rushed! Because I wanna get this done, I’ll post all tha labels each one’s signed to after I review this… Start Time: 6:44 PM | End Time: 7:47 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2013 CD Review (Review #1,304) reviewed on 7.17.2013 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Axwell Feat. Magnus Carlson “Center Of The Universe”
An Ultra Music release… PO havin’ uncredited vocals from Magnus Carlson, here. I think it’s slightly better than “Roar”, but it’s still on an okay level… Music’s nice, but I think I need more moments occurrin’ in my life for me to play this more, than just sittin’ in my room… Thanx to this song, I found this edition early, when I was lookin’ to see if this was on a PO, already (e.g., Express Audio DFF). My Current Rating: 4.1


02. Avicii Feat. Aloe Blacc “Wake Me Up”
An Island / Island Def Jam Music Group release… Why’s this country shit here? Again, PO has uncredited vocals from Aloe Blacc, here. Vocals are horrible, here, and tha music style’s startin’ ta get a lil’ boring after tha chorus… So many songs have that format, now; there should be somethin’ unique about this, and tha country sound ain’t unique for me! My Current Rating: 2.1


03. Lana Del Rey “Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Radio Edit)”
Interscope Records… Been knowin’ about this one for a while… She’s a lite FM-like, VH1 artist, eligible for an Alternative format… To me, it’s a lil’ on tha boring side… Can we throw this with tha Sad Girl from my Shocking Moments? Sounds like it goes with her! My Current Rating: 3.5


04. Cher “Woman’s World (R3hab Radio Edit)”
Warner Bros. Records… First new song on here…; how will she combine with R3hab? >>> Oh, scary start with no intro? R3hab usually has a 30-second intro… LOL, when Cher tries to meet Swedish House Mafia… LOL @ tha music after tha chorus; tryna be tighter than tha Avicii song, lol? Oh, this almost-70-year-old doesn’t “give a…,” lol? Whoa, where are tha rappers, lol? If tha year was better, I’d prolly play it just to see how it randomly does. But, because of it bein’ bullshitty, I think I’ll just ignore it, despite how it can fit with tha whole ‘cheese’ life I’m currently livin’… And opposite of tha intro, R3hab had a 30-second outro, instead, lol… My Rating: 3.2


05. Armin Van Buuren Feat. Trevor Guthrie “This Is What It Feels Like”
Really? Why iz this fake trance here? Not even domestic, as Armada Music signed; no Ultra here, lol! Bad collaboration; no need to look for boy-band frontmen, Armin! I mean, Christian Burns can be tha only exception, since he first appeared on dance tracks in ’07… But, FYI, TG was tha lead singer of tha one-hit wonder boy band, SoulDecision. Would’ve neva known this, but I do my YouTube comment-searching while I’m FL’ing tha song… Oh, those cheesy lyrics! “I won’t make it to tha shore…,” or, “I won’t make it down tha road with one headlight;” ugh, why do I know tha lyrics? MCD and your airplay! FMQB with your #1 placement of this song!! Either way, I don’t mind listenin’ to it on MCD for a good cheese factor… My Current Rating: 2.6


06. Laidback Luke & Hardwell “Dynamo”
Ultra Music, again! ‘Bout time there’s some above-normal shit on here!! Got tha FL from P105. Must’ve been a mixshow night ‘cause I saw a bunch of new, hot songs that just entered my playlist! Would’ve neva heard of ‘em if I would’ve went to California! But, very nice collaboration, here, wit tha beats!! Saw tha video, and it sounds like a unique dance version of a drummer boy on tha chorus/after chorus, lol! MCE even got this; no MCD luv, lol… My Current Rating: 4.7


07. Showtek & Noisecontrollers “Get Loose (Tiësto Remix Radio Edit)”
Spinnin’ Records!! One of my favorite jointz out right now!! Randomly found it on PO after randomly lookin’ up Showtek, but heard it in MCD mixshows, too!! Luv tha 140 BPM/70 BPM DS feel, but I hope Tiësto doesn’t ruin it, here, wit this mix… >>> Yea, ruined; weak beat after tha chorus! Also, ripped off tha chorus part from tha original! Luv tha whole urban feel of tha “get loose” shit! Who would’ve thought there’d be a dance song/IDS song with “Get Loose” in tha title?! Well, nice part ‘round 1:25, though… Likin’ tha beats after tha 2nd original beat, too… A mixed review for me; original would’ve gotten a 4.8 from me! My Rating: 4.2


08. MORTEN “Look Closer”
New song… >>> Not too into tha beginning; let’s see what these male vocals bring… Looks Robbins-y with tha artist name/no mix title… EDIT: Turns out to be a PRMD (NHI) release… Well, a lil’ boring for me, overall. My Rating: 2.8


09. Britney Spears “Ooh La La”
RCA Records… Why’s this pop shit here? FL was like, “What?,” and it sounds like she tries to rap before tha chorus… Very weird and childish song, overall. Iz this Promo Only: Kidz Radio, all of a sudden? She sounds like a virgin again! My Current Rating: 1.9


½time: Bad CD, so far; I think this iz tha worst ½time, for me… This CD’s only worth a 3.2, so far; pathetic!!


10. Alexandra Stan “Cliché (Hush Hush)”
>>> Nadia Ali start? Not lookin’, yet… Oh, A-Stan! Ultra Music! High AL for this one! How will this 2K13 sound from Romania sound? Feelin’ tha vocals and beat; thought tha beat would be a lil’ more catchy, but this still sounds nice and new… Kinda shitty how no one played her “Lemonade” (previous song)… Almost thought when she said tha title that she said, “Shake,” lol… My Rating: 4.4


11. Bridgit Mendler “Hurricane (Bit Error Radio Mix)”
[No preview]… >>> Weak start… Sounds like rap tryna get into tha dance world, here… Let’s see if I recognize tha chorus… Oh, I think this that Bridget lady… *Checks ID* It iz, and I spelled her name wrong, lol. Hollywood Records; get your Miley Cyrus on!! I’m likin’ tha music after tha chorus, though, but it’s mainly weak. Talk about an “error” for bein’ on here, hence tha mix name, lol! My Rating: 3.0


12. Sub Focus Feat. Alex Clare “Endorphins”
Let’s continue…! >>> Tha fast start makes me know this tha Sub Focus song! *Checks ID* Of course… Casablanca Records / Republic Records; wonder if Universal Republic’s now Republic again, for tha dance world (like how Alice Deejay’s label was)? Didn’t realize Mr. “Too Close” was on tha vocals… Interestin’ collaboration, here, and tha beat stays nice and fast, 140 style! ‘Bout time we have more of this kinda shit on here… Also, interestin’ title! It’s tha same name as tha label that signed “Gotta Go Out” (9/11 PO), or Brenda K Starr “Hold Me”, from 2000! Ooh, likin’ tha music after tha chorus; lots of pluses, here!! Glad it’s DS feel doesn’t ruin tha 140 vibe, like most songs out, now… Hope this gets tha same recognition as “Tidal Wave”… Great FL for me!! My Rating: 4.7


13. Dimitri Vegas, Moguai & Like Mike “Mammoth”
No preview, again! I wanna be surprised and not look at tha IDs! >>> Ooh, an IDS song!! Yes, let’s keep this consistency goin’!! *Checks ID* Whoa, didn’t realize it was this song! Definitely a nice SL, here!! I even picked up another song of theirs (“Turn It Up”), but this iz better, Spinnin’ Records style! My Rating: 4.5


14. DJ Prime Feat. Oh Snap!! “So Fly (Original Radio Edit)”
Let’s go!! >>> Fuck, iz this that “Supa Fly” song that MCD randomly plays? *Checks ID* Yup; gross… Central Station release; NH of tha label… Two exclamation points in tha rappers’ names, PO! Yup, from tha 6/10 PO, lol… Anyway, not feelin’ this rap vibe on tha dance tip, here… Guess this mix beats MCD’s Bombs Away mix… My Rating: 2.5


15. Duck Sauce “It’s You”
Next up… >>> *Throws up* Why’s this disco shit here? I know a much betta “Duck” song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDLxEWelXsE
With that bein’ said, also Casablanca / Republic on tha signin’… This must be goin’ pop ‘cause MTV’s channels plays it, now! *Sarcastic voice* Can’t wait to hear this 999,999 more times… My Current Rating: 1.1


16. Knife Party “LRAD”
Let’s see what kinda song’s next… >>> Off to an IDS start… Whoo, catchy beats all of a sudden, for tha chorus!! Lemme check tha ID before this song runs outta time… *Checks ID* Whoa, anotha surprise artist!! Who would’ve thought they’d make an IDS song; thought it would be reggae/rap-like, on a DS level… Three labels on tha signing: Earstorm (NHI), Big Beat & Atlantic! Whoo, rave-like, club-like ending wit that sound durin’ tha last 33 seconds!! Would’ve liked to have heard tha tight beat part for tha chorus at least once more, though… My Rating: 4.4


17. The Bloody Beetroots Feat. Paul McCartney & Youth “Out Of Sight”
I know what tha final two songs are, so I gon do some previews, here… Must be DS ‘cause it’s tha slowest PO song eva, at 69 BPM! Signed with Ultra, once again… Ironic, especially since this edition has two 140 BPM songs. I just saw their old song from last year, “Rocksteady”, on MTV Hits a few dayz ago, and that’s a 140 BPM song. Wonder what we got, here, with this Beatle on tha vocals…? How do we follow up “COAFL”? >>> Sounded like a hallway and then, tha DS beats came in… Really slow vibe, here, and tha Beatle on tha vocals makes things scary, and weird for this… Really, would PMC would’ve said 40 years ago, “I’ll be on some rave-like song?” Really? Very weird song, overall; I don’t think it’ll break into my playlist, unless I continue a really cheesy, shitty life… My Rating: 2.3


18. Chase & Status Feat. Louis M^ttrs “Lost & Not Found”
Interesting that PO also included DnB headz, C&S, here! MCE just got this today, so you know I had to get to this FL review before it was too late!! Huge AL, here, to end thangz off; Casablanca / Republic on tha signin’!! >>> Gotta luv tha rave beginning! Hope it doesn’t get too DS-y… Vocals and tha song sound a lil’ catchy, here; let’s see if it can compete with tha SF song… Well, not much goin’ on with tha chorus and tha transition to tha 2nd verse was kinda dry/nothing… Almost sounds like a VH1-like male artist on tha vocals… Tha beat could’ve prolly used more elements; I know C&S have some nice elements in their songs, but this needed more! My Rating: 4.3


Overall: A lotta shit on here. Who would’ve thought there’d be more 2.0-rated songs than 3.0-rated? There were a few bangerz on here, but a good portion of tha songs were already released. PO betta not rush tha next one! Usually, tha September CD comes out early, and tha October takes a while! Also, like I said before about Cali, today would’ve been tha day I would’ve came back. However, Alexia’s boyfriend was driving his (or her?) car in Connecticut, got a ticket, put her name/address on tha ticket, and she hasn’t left Cali, since. I had to cancel my ticket; blew $60… She’ll prolly leave, but I wanna get to Long Island, and get a job soon! No time to waste! I also got about five new video countdowns in tha works! It gon be mainly me, since it’s school-experienced, but I’m gonna try and make one for iPR. OMG, my imagination’s goin’ nuts!!!


Rankings:

18.       Duck Sauce “It’s You” 1.1
17.       Britney Spears “Ooh La La” 1.9
16.       Avicii Feat. Aloe Blacc “Wake Me Up” 2.1
15.       The Bloody Beetroots Feat. Paul McCartney & Youth “Out Of Sight” 2.3
14.       DJ Prime Feat. Oh Snap!! “So Fly (Original Radio Edit)” 2.5
13.       Armin Van Buuren Feat. Trevor Guthrie “This Is What It Feels Like” 2.6
12.       MORTEN “Look Closer” 2.8
11.        Bridgit Mendler “Hurricane (Bit Error Radio Mix)” 3.0
10.       Cher “Woman’s World (R3hab Radio Edit)” 3.2
09.       Lana Del Rey “Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Radio Edit)” 3.5
08.       Axwell Feat. Magnus Carlson “Center Of The Universe” 4.1
07.       Showtek & Noisecontrollers “Get Loose (Tiësto Remix Radio Edit)” 4.2
06.       Chase & Status Feat. Louis M^ttrs “Lost & Not Found” 4.3
05.       Alexandra Stan “Cliché (Hush Hush)” 4.4
04.       Knife Party “LRAD” 4.4
03.   Dimitri Vegas, Moguai & Like Mike “Mammoth” 4.5
02.   Sub Focus Feat. Alex Clare “Endorphins” 4.7
01.   Laidback Luke & Hardwell “Dynamo” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              60.3
Total Songs:              / 18
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.4 (lowest PO score for me?)