FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, September 20, 2013

Review #1,323: Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2013

Reviewed on 9.20.2013 (Review #1,323)


Finally, back in PA, and just today, I just got tha Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2013 disc! By lookin’ at tha tracklisting first, it looks like this gon be tha most HM’d CD (or, borderline pop) of this year… Start Time: 7:04 PM | End Time: 9:00 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2013 CD Review (Review #1,323) reviewed on 9.20.2013 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Katy Perry “Roar (Jump Smokers Radio Edit)”
Capitol Records. Umm, uh…, MCD just got it. Sounds pretty random wit tha very-fast vocals… Not really feelin’ this remix, and I wasn’t really into tha original that much, since it bites many songs, such as Sara Bareilles “Brave”. My Current Rating: 3.2


02. Steve Aoki, Chris Lake & Tujamo “Boneless”
Ultra doin’ a great job supportin’ tha Aoki!! Surprised this regular length iz tha actual RE… This was an okay song ‘til its exposure started increasing! I’m definitely feelin’ this long, IDS song! I thought tha drop was catchy, but plain, at first, but I like all of tha elements this beat has, now! It’s in a commercial with Lil’ Jon, too (this sharing device to listen to music, or somethin’)! Also, content warning? That’s a first for an IDS song! I think it’s that random dude in tha background of tha beginning, whatever he says… I couldn’t find any lyrics; do you know? My Current Rating: 4.4
That commercial that airs on TV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUFAefDxJlQ


03. Rihanna “What Now (R3hab Radio Edit)”
New Rihanna song, as she’s always with SRP / Def Jam / Island Def Jam Music Group… MCD just got it, and here’s my review: Beginning sounds like I wasn’t sure if it was gonna beat her previous song, “Right Now”, but this mix does tha trick!! Real hot beginning music after tha quietness!! Almost thought it was a slower version of Dash Berlin / Emma Hewitt “Disarm Yourself” or Ferry Corsten / Aruna “Live Forever”!! And, I like tha music after tha chorus, too; catchy shit, here!! Also, not many lyrics; interesting for a HM! My Current Rating: 4.5


04. DJ Sammy Feat. The Jackie Boyz “Shut Up And Kiss Me”
A new Robbins song from a comeback artist, featuring a catchy-lookin’ new artist, here! But, my AL kinda went sour after YouTube wrongly flagged my playlist (said it “matched third party content” ‘cause I had this on my playlist). It’s like, I NHI, YouTube!! Did this steal from one of tha songs on my playlist, then? Damn! But, if I had to see what this sounded like, I’d think it’s on a rap tip, based off of how this looks… >>> Well, sounds like a pop song for tha start… Tha chorus ain’t too bad, here, with tha energy… More on a HM side for what this sounds like. My Rating: 4.0


05. Calvin Harris Feat. Ayah Marar “Thinking About You”
Both Ultra and major label, Columbia on tha signing. Just heard it on MCD, and it sounded okay. Lemme give it a review… >>> Decent music and vocals, here… It’s an okay song, overall. We’ll see if it stands out later on… My Rating: 3.7


06. Cole Plante w/Myon & Shane 54 Feat. Koko LaRoo “Lie To Me”
A new MCD song, and I’m happy to see M&S54 on a collaboration, here! But, really, Hollywood Records? W/Myon & Shane 54 & Hollywood Records? Thought this song sounded more dance than a Miley Cyrus label… But, after a few quick listens on MCD, it’s time for tha review! >>> I’m likin’ these vocals and tha music’s pretty nice, especially during tha chorus!! Label or not, I think this gon be a big dance song for tha fall! Almost reminds me of tha new song by Rivaz & Benny Benassi with Heather Bright: “Tell Me Twice”, with tha music. My Current Rating: 4.3


07. Rameez “La La La”
Ooh, Toucan Cove Entertainment on tha signing! What a surprise! Haven’t seen that label in forever (it signed Andrea Burns “100 Stories” & Bissen/Victoria Gross “Melting”)!! First different BPM on this CD (lol, seven songs in); let’s see what gon lie behind this door… >>> Uh oh, bad start, here, with tha auto-tune’d male… Thought it was a bad version of “We No Speak Americano” wit tha music, at first… Tha chorus iz a lil’ catchy, here, but this iz pretty bad, overall. Then again, it could catch on later on, surprisingly… If I was still depressed, and not in my going-to-MTV life, this song would’ve prolly get a shitload of spins with me. But, I think gettin’ to higher heights (hopefully soon)’ll keep me away from some of these low-rated songs. I dunno why, but tha chorus made me rate this higher than a 2.0! I still thought this was awkward for a Toucan Cove signing! My Rating: 3.1


08. Havana Brown “Flashing Lights (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
Havana’s always been with producer, RedOne’s 2101 Records. But, for tha major, it’s been Universal Republic. Now, this song’s signed also with Capitol Records, instead of UR. Well, MCD has this song, and I thought it came outta nowhere, in a great way! Definitely feelin’ this mix as tha mix! Gotta feel tha sexiness in tha vocals!!! My Current Rating: 4.4


09. John Legend “Made To Love (Benny Benassi Radio Edit)”
Signed with Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music label & Columbia Records. Should I even “take my time” (as JL says on “Dance The Pain Away”) on this? I love how both tha dance world and R&B world thought “DTPA” was weak on both a dance and vocal level! So, no AL, here! >>> Weird start, weird vocal delivery, and crazy music part after tha chorus? Benassi with some weird sounds, lol! My Rating: 2.5


10. Lawson “Learn To Love Again (Cutmore Radio Mix)”
A Mercury Records / Island Def Jam Music Group signing, so I’m expecting this to sound like The Wanted or Taio Cruz… … …, not that I have AL on this, either. >>> Beginning sounds a lot like Calvin Harris / Ne-Yo “Let’s Go”’s intro… Feelin’ tha chorus with tha vocals and music; not bad for a HM-soundin’ song wit Cutmore on tha mix! My Rating: 4.2


½time: Seems like a better CD than I expected; 3.8 for tha CD rating, so far…


11. Empire Of The Sun “DNA (Calvin Harris Remix Edit)”
Astralwerks / Capitol label. Ehh, MCD got it, but I’m not really lookin’ forward to re-hearin’ it… >>> Sounds different than their “Alive” song… Kinda feels like tha same vibe as tha CH song that’s on here, only with a male vocal… My Rating: 3.5


12. TJR “What’s Up Suckaz”
Follow-up to tha “Ode To Oi”, here, with tha Rising label (NHI)… I bet this sounds different, just like how I thought EOTS’s song sounded different… >>> Not really different, since he kept tha IDS style, here! LOL @ tha simple, “Everybody, put your hands in tha air,” part… Diggin’ tha title and these beats; nice! My Rating: 4.3


13. DANK Feat. jACQ “Crystals (Federico Scavo Remix Radio)”
Ultra on tha signing… LOL @ this song. An EMOtion song, here, as when I gave tha original its one and only spin in my car, I got a call from tha one producer that I’ve been promoting this year (DJ B-Real). We had our most-recently conversation tha day after (July 19). So, this song reminds me of this moment. Also, interesting that tha DJ’s name iz named after a slang term of weed. LOL, we gon have a “Piff” IDS DJ next, lol!! Or, “Kush,” droppin’ some beatz for tha IDS world, rofl!! Let’s see if a remix was necessary. >>> Might’ve heard this mix in a MCD mixshow; chorus sounds tha same… Original version sounds nice, but this adds a lil’ bit of BPMs, I guess? Feelin’ those hot vocals, once again, from that accidentally-left-tha-CAPS-button-on vocalist, rofl!! My Rating: 4.3


14. Krewella “Live For The Night”
Columbia Records. LOL @ tha old songs where I used to talk to that producer on this CD!! I thought summer was over? Anyway, to review this song, I’ve always given this song okay spins, but never a lot. But, tha music’s that summer, hot feel! ROFL @ “Promo Only Clean Edit”; they only took out tha “mutha.” Could’ve put this on a PO CD a few CDs back, instead of just puttin’ it on PO Express Audio DFF. But, still feelin’ tha somewhat-rapped verses, as well as tha singing! My Current Rating: 4.5


15. VenSun Feat. David Vendetta & Sylvia Tosun “Love Is Love (Marc Stout Edit)”
No MLK, huh? Wonder what Martin Luther King had ta do wit this, lol? Sylvia Tosun’s SeaToSun Recordings label, here; I’m anticipated to hear what we got wit this mega collaboration!! >>> Nice start, here, wit tha chorus; almost sounds a lil’ like Pleasure Center on tha vocals; feelin’ tha start! Let’s see how tha drop comes out… Interesting… Feelin’ tha verse! Great vocals!! That beat sounds pretty addicting, as it doesn’t end, during tha vocal parts! My Rating: 4.3


16. Wildstylez Feat. Cimo Fränkel “Lights Go Out”
Follow-up to tha “Year Of Summer” song, which I didn’t play that much, prolly ‘cause my “summer” sucked, in tha beginning. But, with 148 BPM & Next Plateau on tha signing, I’m ready to hear this hardstyle follow-up! >>> Just like tha previous song, this has that slow, male-vocal start… Tha chorus ain’t too bad, here… Whoo @ tha beat drop!!! Pretty strong!! Can hear tha bass better in this one than on “YOS”!! Glad to see this kinda hardstyle-type shit on here, but it needs some exposure! Turned out ta be pretty strong; much better than tha previous WS song! My Rating: 4.7


17. Medina “Junkie”
Ooh, some new Medina, with Ultra on tha signing (of course)! Let’s see what kinda “junkie” she iz, here, after overdosing! >>> Feelin’ tha music in tha beginning, here; sounds like an old dance song, or an old mixshow! Likin’ tha music, but it’s an okay song so—well, I’m liking this chorus that I’m hearin’! Like a gorilla! Nice “junkie!” Wow, I’m startin’ ta really like this one! Nice ta hear this kinda song after tha “Overdose” collaboration! My Rating: 4.3


18. One Direction “Best Song Ever (Jump Smokers Remix Radio)”
Columbia, here; what’s with this boy band again? >>> Corny; I know my grandmas prolly know this one and think it’s pathetic! My Rating: 2.1


19. Tom Swoon Feat. Taylr Renee “Wings (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Radio Edit)”
Yes, anotha M&S54 appearance!! This time, Ultra signed, so I know it’ll have that special dance/VT vibe!! >>> Quiet, 30-second intro, but builds my anticipation… Feelin’ tha sweet vocals; kinda like tha “Crystals” track, a lil’ bit, mixed with a younger version of Nadia Ali… I thought tha chorus would be a lil’ catchier, but I’m definitely feelin’ this music, especially after tha chorus! Seemed kinda short for a song, but there were a lot of great music parts. Liking tha ending; good chorus part! My Rating: 4.4


20. Halo Feat. K-Major “Faded (Riddler Remix Radio Edit)”
Signed to Green Sea (NHI). Tha content warning has me guessin’ this iz on tha urban tip, since I see tha Riddler remixin’ a lotta HMs, lately… >>> Ooh, a female; likin’ tha sound of this… Goin’ hard wit this “party hard” chorus; nice lil’ song with a nice job by tha Riddler on tha mix! Oh, a random rapper outta nowhere… Ehh, sounds good on this for a random appearance, but I’m not really feelin’ some of it… I always give tha benefit of tha doubt when it’s a dance song/remix! My Rating: 4.2


21. Sub Focus Feat. Kele “Turn It Around”
Perfect timing for this! Just added tha “Endorphins” to my playlist, but it only spent eight dayz in my top 10 countdown (it was in tha top 3 of all eight dayz). It got affected when I had to scream to death at my stepmom for denying me for gettin’ on my dad’s phone plan (when I had to get a new phone to change my # and be updated for MTV). “Endorphins” was my song of tha day when goin’ to NBC’s The Million Second Quiz (which my stepmom took me). Guess I added it late, since this iz here? But anyway, Casablanca / Republic Records ta end this off. Got a “Tidal Wave” BPM of 87 (or, 174, DNB style), here, but that homosexual, black dude on tha vocals? I dunno, but I think I’m excited to hear tha ending of this CD!! >>> Likin’ tha start a whole lot! I seem to just like how Kele sounds, and tha beat in tha background’s keepin’ my anticipation up!! Feelin’ tha beat after it, too! Just like with “Tidal Wave”, tha 174 BPMs (from tha 87 BPMs) kicked in on tha 2nd chorus! Whoo; likin’ those Nintendo-like, video game-like sounds, too! Seemed like a short song, but great ending to this CD! My Rating: 4.6


Overall: Wow, turned out to be a great CD! Really felt most of tha 2nd ½! Not bad for what I thought was gonna be a really poppy CD! I know I always look forward to November’s, so hopefully, November’s iz still good, with this bein’ a great CD!


Rankings:

21.       One Direction “Best Song Ever (Jump Smokers Remix Radio)” 2.1
20.       John Legend “Made To Love (Benny Benassi Radio Edit)” 2.5
19.       Rameez “La La La” 3.1
18.       Katy Perry “Roar (Jump Smokers Radio Edit)” 3.2
17.       Empire Of The Sun “DNA (Calvin Harris Remix Edit)” 3.5
16.       Calvin Harris Feat. Ayah Marar “Thinking About You” 3.7
15.       DJ Sammy Feat. The Jackie Boyz “Shut Up And Kiss Me” 4.0
14.       Halo Feat. K-Major “Faded (Riddler Remix Radio Edit)” 4.2
13.       Lawson “Learn To Love Again (Cutmore Radio Mix)” 4.2 – Wow, only 13th?!
12.       TJR “What’s Up Suckaz” 4.3
11.        DANK Feat. jACQ “Crystals (Federico Scavo Remix Radio)” 4.3
10.       VenSun Feat. David Vendetta & Sylvia Tosun “Love Is Love (Marc Stout Edit)” 4.3
09.       Medina “Junkie” 4.3
08.       Cole Plante w/Myon & Shane 54 Feat. Koko LaRoo “Lie To Me” 4.3
07.       Havana Brown “Flashing Lights (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 4.4
06.       Tom Swoon Feat. Taylr Renee “Wings (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Radio Edit)” 4.4
05.       Steve Aoki, Chris Lake & Tujamo “Boneless” 4.4
04.       Krewella “Live For The Night” 4.5
03.   Rihanna “What Now (R3hab Radio Edit)” 4.5
02.   Sub Focus Feat. Kele “Turn It Around” 4.6
01.   Wildstylez Feat. Cimo Fränkel “Lights Go Out” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              83.5
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.0