FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Monday, October 21, 2013

Review #1,332: Promo Only: Dance Radio November 2013

Reviewed on 10.21.2013 (Review #1,332)


Addicted to iPR’s ghost, at tha moment! But, I need to get this Promo Only: Dance Radio November 2013 review over with, so I can get my latest playlist online! I’m keepin’ an eye out for certain old songs so I can rip their intros, as well as get footage of it playin’ on my iTunes. I see that I’m hearin’ some songs for a second time now, so I think tha songs repeat once every four dayz; I’m heavily distracted, lol. Luckily, there’s a DJ mix set playin’, so I might have some time to review with a focus, lol! Start Time: 5:13 PM | End Time: 7:04 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2013 CD Review (Review #1,332) reviewed on 10.21.2013 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Avicii Feat. Salem Al Fakir “You Make Me (Someone Like You)”
Island / IDJMG release. Screw this shit; can’t be bothered and don’t have time for another “Silhouettes” listen! *Skips* My Current Rating: 1.0


02. Nervo & Ivan Gough Feat. Beverley Knight “Not Taking This No More”
Let’s hear this Spinnin’ release that MCD got! >>> Almost sounds like Anastacia in tha beginning… After about 1:05, finally, a beat to sound good, here; sounds like a nice club… Beats are consistent, here… Forgot there was a vocalist on this; I totally was thinkin’ this was 100% Nervo, lol. Didn’t seem like there was much to this song, but it’s still good. My Rating: 4.0


03. Afrojack Feat. Spree Wilson “The Spark”
[No preview; lemme hear]… >>> Sounds like a bad start. Iz this a pop singer or a rapper? *Checks ID* Weird…; another Island / IDJMG release… After tha gay 1:10 beginning, tha beats are soundin’ nice and catchy, Afrojack style! Kinda like an “As Your Friend” beat sound… I dunno… Overall, it’s catchy, but I gotta take off for tha gay sound of tha vocals/song, overall. I think if I was in my depressed stage of earlier this year, I’d play this… My Rating: 2.7


04. Donna Summer “MacArthur Park (Laidback Luke Radio Edit)”
Revived from tha dead? This iz her original song from tha ‘70s/’80s… Just like tha dead, brought to you by tha Verve label. >>> LOL @ only sayin’ a 29-second intro. It’s basically just beats for tha 1st minute, so far… Oh God, can this be an IDS song, no less, tha fastest song on here, ROFL?? Completely fooled!! Oh, here come some vocals at 1:42. Kinda random. My Rating: 3.6


05. Meital “Give Us Back Love (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
Finally, a lil’ more exciting for this CD! PO says, Human Loves Human (Meital’s label) on tha signing. I saw somethin’ else, but whateva… Lemme hear what this mix has ta offer… >>> Ooh, likin’ tha beat start a lot!! Of course, her vocals sound random, sexy, etc. on tha verse… Tha chorus iz good, too. However, tha mix I’m playin’, which I heard on Felix Cartal’s mixshow on MCD, iz Sidney Samson’s Club Mix. It sounds like it has a memorable club sound! But, this qualifies for a good 2nd mix, so I’ll consider it! It’s funny how everytime she’s on PO, it’s only in November! This iz three years in a row! And, weirder than anything, each track #’s halved (“Yummy Boyz”, #21; “On Ya”, #10; this, #5), ROFL!! My Rating: 4.5

Check out tha SS mix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZEEQ5FKlwU


06. Mel B “For Once In My Life”
It’s Scary Spice from tha Spice Girls! I thought it was someone else (Mel Blatt)! But, signed with SBB (NH). Let’s see how this sounds… >>> Sounds regular, so far… Ehh, decent; prolly needs some remixes. My Rating: 3.4


07. Alicia Keys Feat. Maxwell “Fire We Make (Michael Brun Radio Edit)”
RCA on tha signing… I remember this song from a while back on MC Hip-Hop and R&B. Weird that it came back, so lemme see if it’s worth it… >>> I can feel tha R&B vibe, but I dunno about it bein’ remixed like this… Well, beats are just decent, just like tha previous song. Nothin’ really special, once again, I guess? Funny how some of these are long, and PO was good at puttin’, like, 18 songs on a CD. LOL, they can’t come up wit excuses now! My Rating: 2.3


08. John De Sohn Feat. Andreas Moe “Under The Sun (Where We Belong)”
Funny how I heard this on tha iPR ghost that I’m listenin’ to. This must be a lil’ old, then, ‘cause technically, they’ve been M.I.A. for a month-and-a-half. Now, Ultra on tha signin’. LOL, enough wit major label, Epic, Mr. Sohn, lol? Here comes my SL/review. >>> It’s an okay song wit an okay vibe; like tha beats and whistlin’. My Rating: 3.7


09. Rune RK Feat. Engelina “Are You Burning”
Thought this was a different song that P105 had. But, it’s a new song wit possibly, tha DJ Encore vocalist, signed with Spinnin’? Let’s see… >>> Feelin’ tha beat; this sounds nice wit these vocals! BTW, Rune RK = Enur! Oh, at :55, this iz what I heard on P105’s song: Tha Nightcrawlers shit, and immediately stopped it. But, it bein’ a tease and those Engelina vocals comin’ outta nowhere at least turn me on… My Rating: 3.9


10. Zedd Feat. Hayley Williams “Stay The Night”
Tha redhead from Paramore (vocalist) on tha vocals, here… Of course, Zedd stayin’ true to bein’ signed with major label, Interscope, I unfortunately haven’t gotten to enjoy this song, yet. I downloaded it wit a bunch of better songs that really caught my attention. Usually, when I download a bunch that are in tha same day, usually, tha best ones outdo tha okay ones like this. But, givin’ this my, like, 3rdL, and it sounds good wit a nice beat, but mainly, dry during tha verses. My Current Rating: 3.7


½time: Seems like this CD iz a doozy (sp?). Hasn’t been a weak November CD since tha ’09 one. Most of tha songs are decent for me, with a few weak ones. Currently, a 3.3 CD rating…


11. The Wanted “We Own The Night (The Chainsmokers Radio Edit)”
Mercury / IDJMG release. Boring, right? I know MCH plays this. >>> I have no interest… Okay, tha beat on tha chorus iz good. My Rating: 1.8


12. Manufactured Superstars Feat. Danni Rouge “Like Satellites”
One of tha newer songs that’s startin’ to create a buzz, it seems like. Signed with tha Tiёsto label (I think, Black Hole Recordings—I know tha Jes imports get signed to this), and I guess, I’ve been waitin’ for it to be on here so I can easily IC it/get it. Have to also point out that I like tha vocalist’s name a lot! Half Dannii Minogue, half Baton Rouge (Louisiana, tha place where I love rap music), lol! As for tha song, tha beats are nice, and it’s good that this iz gettin’ exposure… Catchy vocals; good dance track! Though I know this song, this iz tha first time I’m gettin’ to hear tha whole thing! My Current Rating: 4.2


13. John Dahlback Feat. Urban Cone & Lucas Nord “We Were Gods”
A new release from Ultra; let’s hear this… >>> More good beats and some interesting vocals; an okay song, so far… My Rating: 3.5


14. Ayah Marar “Beg, Borrow, Steal”
I like this title from this Calvin Harris-collaborator! Radikal Records on tha signing? Nice lil’ dance label makin’ a comeback; let’s see how this sounds… >>> Feelin’ this. Sounds like there could be more energy in tha beats, but I like tha whole vibe, between tha vocals and tha beat! My Rating: 4.2


Intermission: That mix ended on iPR and now, it’s back to random songs. I guess I’m gettin’ addicted to listenin’, I can’t seem to break away to get back to this. Songs recently played (I’ll just print-screen it):

15. Andrea Bocelli Feat. Jennifer Lopez “Quizas Quizas (Smash Mode Radio Edit)”
Jumpin’ back into this from iPR ; let’s see if this Verve-signed song’s worth it… >>> I dunno what ta make of this; very random, and doesn’t really belong on here, lol. My Rating: 2.0


16. CLMD & Kish Feat. Fröder “The Stockholm Syndrome”
Kinda on tha old side; P105 had this. It was more of a summer song fa me that I played lightly, like Krewella “Live For The Night”. I also have it as CLMD vs. Kish. Plus, Columbia (from what I saw) signed this, but Ultra has it now. When I gave this a FL, I didn’t look at it, when I played my premieres on shuffle. I was like, “This sounds real catchy, but I have no idea what she’s saying,” lol! It just fell off my playlist, after I considered it summer only. But, I think I’ll re-enter it for tha remainder of this year, now that it’s on here. Real nice beats and what a positive disorder, lol! My Current Rating: 4.4


17. Adrian Lux & Marcus Schossow Feat. JJ “Wild Child”
A new AL song, but only 122 BPM? I’m anticipated, either way, for this new Ultra release! >>> I dunno, I’m likin’ tha beginning, so far… Whoo, sounds nice wit tha beats, almost like an Eric Prydz style! My Rating: 4.4


18. David Solano Feat. Angelika Vee “Who We Are”
Might’ve seen this somewhere, hence it’s a Spinnin’ release. Lookin’ forward ta this!! >>> Sounds good, so far… Feelin’ how tha beat builds durin’ tha chorus! Ooh, a nice hit when tha beat dropped!! My Rating: 4.3


19. Foxes “Youth (Disco Fries Radio Mix)”
Tha “Clarity” chick… She’s also signed to a major label, like Zedd (she’s got RCA Records). Let’s see if this iz tha right mix, now that MCD got it! >>> Good start. There are a few mixes that PO emailed me. Oh, sounds nice during tha chorus; hope for a nice drop or somethin’! Not bad with tha drop… Ooh, really likin’ tha 2nd verse, too!! Nice music and vocal combination!! Really good FL for me!! My Rating: 4.4


20. Tom Staar Feat. In Atlanta “Staars”
LOL @ bein’ “in” tha “ATL” for tha featured artist! Let’s hear this Spinnin’ release, after we were in tha “dark,” lol! >>> Another surprise for me, for tha start! Pretty good for a CD that sounded bad in tha beginning! Good chorus, and not-so-bad drop… I guess this title makes sense ‘cause “what [happened] after dark,” was that tha “staars” came out—“we are tha staars tonight!” My Rating: 4.0


21. Kelsey B “Come With Me”
I don’t think this gon turn out as a good ending to this CD… Only 120 BPM, and an album version, for this Carrillo Music release… >>> Whoo @ tha start; let’s see how long it lasts… ??? She sings? I thought she rapped? Well, around :37, it’s startin’ ta sound like a messed-up version of DS. Weird ending; not really into tha weird-sounding—if so—DS feeling. Too bad it’s 0 for 3 for her on PO. My Rating: 2.2


Overall: For tha first time, there were no songs with exactly 130 BPM on this CD. Only Donna Summer was more, but no exact 130s… Anyway, didn’t turn out to be a good CD; seemed too decent. Picked up near tha end, but for tha most part, either shitty or just about decent.


Rankings:

21.       Avicii Feat. Salem Al Fakir “You Make Me (Someone Like You)” 1.0
20.       The Wanted “We Own The Night (The Chainsmokers Radio Edit)” 1.8
19.       Andrea Bocelli Feat. Jennifer Lopez “Quizas Quizas (Smash Mode Radio Edit)” 2.0
18.       Kelsey B “Come With Me” 2.2
17.       Alicia Keys Feat. Maxwell “Fire We Make (Michael Brun Radio Edit)” 2.3
16.       Afrojack Feat. Spree Wilson “The Spark” 2.7
15.       Mel B “For Once In My Life” 3.4
14.       John Dahlback Feat. Urban Cone & Lucas Nord “We Were Gods” 3.5
13.       Donna Summer “MacArthur Park (Laidback Luke Radio Edit)” 3.6
12.       John De Sohn Feat. Andreas Moe “Under The Sun (Where We Belong)” 3.7
11.        Zedd Feat. Hayley Williams “Stay The Night” 3.7
10.       Rune RK Feat. Engelina “Are You Burning” 3.9
09.       Tom Staar Feat. In Atlanta “Staars” 4.0
08.       Nervo & Ivan Gough Feat. Beverley Knight “Not Taking This No More” 4.0
07.       Manufactured Superstars Feat. Danni Rouge “Like Satellites” 4.2
06.       Ayah Marar “Beg, Borrow, Steal” 4.2
05.       David Solano Feat. Angelika Vee “Who We Are” 4.3
04.       Adrian Lux & Marcus Schossow Feat. JJ “Wild Child” 4.4
03.   Foxes “Youth (Disco Fries Radio Mix)” 4.4
02.   CLMD & Kish Feat. Fröder “The Stockholm Syndrome” 4.4
01.   Meital “Give Us Back Love (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 4.5 (ROFL, who knew?)


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              72.2
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.4