FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Review #1,363: Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2014

Reviewed on 1.11.2014 (Review #1,363)


Here goes my review for Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2014! I just completed my YEC of 2013, so I finna get into this! Had tha CD before my YEC started, but tha disc got cracked in tha mail. If I’m not mistaken, remembering this tracklist, I think tha 1st ½ looked like a great selection of dance music, while tha 2nd ½ had a lotta 2013 re-entries… Start Time: 7:33 PM | End Time: 9:15 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2014 CD Review (Review #1,363) reviewed on 1.11.2014 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Hardwell Feat. Matthew Koma “Dare You”
I swear, when tha tracklist first went online, I had a bad day and was crying. I thought it was gonna be tha shittiest starting song/PO in a while. However, to start with this song’s pretty nice! P105 got it, and now, Ultra signed it! Gotta luv tha music and vocals; great collaboration! I just also saw on Spinnin’s YT that MK did some “Cannonball” vocals; might be a 2014 vocal banger, too? My Current Rating: 4.8


02. Tiësto Feat. Michel Zitron “Red Lights”
Casablanca & Republic Records both on tha signing, here; of course, it’s for tha mainstream, if that’s tha case. Caught it on MCD, and I dunno, lemme review it… >>> Sounds like a pop song in tha beginning, between tha unknown vocals and music. Chorus’ a lil’ catchy; just a lil’… Tha drop ain’t too bad; almost sounds like what a male vocalist would be fitting for “Take Me”’s beat. My Current Rating: 3.6


03. Calvin Harris & Alesso Feat. Hurts “Under Control”
Now with Columbia Records! Of course, just as I mentioned in tha review you had me do of tha ‘drop’ music, this came out at tha right time! Tha either gay-lookin’ or nice-UK-lookin’ (lol) Hurts (lead singer of Hurts—real name Theo Hutchcraft) comes through wit some catchy vocals, as well as tha delivering climax & drop! Really feelin’ tha music; just sounds great for 2014 (that was comin’ up)! My Current Rating: 4.6


04. Adam F & Cory Enemy Feat. Margot “When It Comes To You”
A new Robbins release! MCD got it during tha late night; I heard it, and it sounds real nice! Almost forgot about it ‘cause people kept dying like flies, right after, so lemme give it its review!! >>> Vocals sound catchy, but I’m really diggin’ tha music! Sounds like some older-soundin’ UK music or somethin’ throughout tha chorus and after! I dunno why, but tha unique sound has me slightly addicted! Completely different than tha dubstep-soundin’ previous song (“When The Rain Is Gone”—8/12 PO), though that was a nice DS song! I dunno why, but this also seems long, too. My Current Rating: 4.5


05. Rune RK Feat. Laura V “One Perfect Day”
A new Spinnin’ song, here; looks anticipatin’! >>> Sounds like some good music and some thrivin’ vocals from LV, here. Not bad with tha chorus, here; music’s uplifting, like some regular dance music. Hearin’ tha drop, and it sounds like some Kaskade-like music, too. Tha previous Rune RK song ain’t get out there much, so I know this’ll prolly get out there better; it just sounds like it would. My Rating: 4.2


06. Krewella “Enjoy The Ride”
LOL? Actually, I got this a week ago or somethin’, as P105 got. I usually try checkin’ PO’s search on their site to see if it’s on a PO, but I don’t think I saw anything. Funny how I forget so easily! Anyway, as like their previous releases, a Columbia Records release, here; lemme rehear, since I only heard it once. >>> “Go all tha way, or go home;” sounds hot how they say that bad-boy saying, lol! Sounds catchy wit tha vocals and music, as well as a nice dirty song (?), despite no content warning! My Current Rating: 4.5


07. Storm Queen “Look Right Through (MK Remix)”
So, Ultra signed this, I see… MCD got this as a late-night song, and I think it’s a lil’ too deep house-y/weird for PO; surprised it’s on here… I mean, it sounds nice to just drift in your sleep to, but not on an edition with Krewella, Hardwell & them… Since it’s on here, I might just add it as an ignored song for 2014… ROFL, only 2:25! My Current Rating: 3.5


08. Fatboy Slim & Riva Starr Feat. Beardyman “Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat (Calvin Harris Radio Edit)”
Fatboy’s label, Skint Records, as tha label, here. Anyway, anotha one that doesn’t really belong here? Surprised it’s here… I absolutely get a kick outta tha original, and because of tha bad 2013 I had with DJ B-Real, I had to force tha original to have at least 216 spins with me, landing in tha top 30 of my YEC! This ain’t too bad for a remix; kinda turns tha feelin’-like-you’re-on-a-molly vibe into an attempted dancefloor anthem. A lil’ repetitive wit tha music, but it gives it a nice underground feel. I guess, since it’s on here, I’ll add it as a bonus mix, as well. Weird how tha ending iz missing four bars? I think there were four more bars, like on MCD? I even think tha video iz shorter, too? My Current Rating: 4.0


09. Cazzette “Run For Cover”
Slowest PO song, here, as tha 128’s cut in ½ to 64 BPM, according to PO. Three labels on tha signing, here: At Night (Avicii label), PRMD (tha MORTEN “Look Closer” label) & Island Def Jam. Though I wasn’t too crazy about tha FL, my FL had a real lucky FL, as Gunplay, who I’m currently crazy about, came on Music Choice; pretty nice for a FL! Instead of givin’ it a boosted 20 spins (like I’d give other songs that made Gunplay come on), I gave this tha chance to add into my playlist. Sounds a lil’ better now; diggin’ tha beats… My Current Rating: 3.8


10. Bastille “Pompeii (Kat Krazy Edit)”
iPR’s ghost iz back? Capitol on tha signing, here… An old alternative song, here; even iPR got a bootleg version when they returned, last summer. An okay song to play in your head, but nothing special for me. This remix may be better than tha original, but it’s 2014 now; this song’s so 2013 for me, even though MCD has to now drain me out with it… My Current Rating: 2.9


½time: So far, it looks like a real nice CD for a start, but I think it’s in its process of gettin’ weaker…; four stars, so far.


11. Headhunterz Feat. Krewella “United Kids Of The World”
LOL, I could’ve sworn Krewella was on this, and they are! An Ultra song, and by tha look of tha 150 BPM, it’s some hardstyle!! Lookin’ forward ta hearin’!! >>> Feelin’ tha serious vocal start with tha quiet beat! Funny how this has a content warning, unlike tha other Krewella song! Really diggin’ tha chorus!! Oh, those beats!!! LOL, what I like to call tha “new hardstyle” has those kinda kicks you hear (like tha Wildstylez songs from last year) that are different kicks than tha usual 140 BPM songs. Oh, Kre “not giving a fuck” on tha 2nd verse, lol! I have a feelin’ this ain’t gonna get out there (I don’t think tha EDM world’s used to tha fast beats, again), so this’ll prolly be one of my big adds for February! Love how these hardstyle dudes’ names end in a “Z”! My Rating: 4.9


12. Ariana & The Rose “Heartbeat (Soul Seekerz Radio Edit)”
Don’t think I heard of this artist; I know I ain’t eva hear of tha label (Pookiebird). But, wit SS on tha mix, I’m definitely lookin’ forward!! >>> Anticipatin’ tha beginning, here… Ooh, likin’ tha SS mix; nice 1st verse, so far! SS’ last appearance on PO was that Denine “What Happened To Love” song from tha 7/11 PO; can’t believe it’s been 2 ½ years since they made an appearance! I remember when they were tha soundtrack to my 1st college dayz (2006 – 2008)! Catchy chorus, here; hope it gets out there as a catchy new song! Sounds like somethin’ that I’d be addicted to listenin’ to, for 2014! We gon have a warm winter; it was 59 degrees today! I like that: “To your heartbeat beatin’;” double “beat!” My Rating: 4.4


13. Demi Lovato “Neon Lights (Cole Plante w/Myon & Shane 54 Radio Remix)”
Of course, Hollywood Records on tha label. That’s a first where tha mix’s ID’d as a “with!” Guess “Lie To Me”’s success brought M&S54 to collab w/CP again! Also, I’m surprised this iz on here; would like to show this song luv, and now, a remix! Thought tha CP w/M&S54 remix was gonna be a dance song, but this should still be good! >>> PO sayin’ a :03 intro, but it’s—oh, guess it’s more IDS, since it’s :40 in, already, and no words? Maybe, just a chorus part? Let’s see, as this okay-soundin’ beat continues… Well, 1:13 on tha intro, actually, PO! Not bad with tha verse, here; music kinda sounds like their remix of Tom Swoon & Taylr Renee “Wings” (10/13 PO). Chorus’ good, but it almost didn’t sound like a transition from tha verse to tha chorus, since tha beat’s continuously building. Either way, it’s still pretty hot. Either way, kinda zero-rating for tha drop; very plain. Like, it ain’t no “Lie To Me” or “Wings”; just tha chorus was on a “Wings” tip. Kinda a mixed review for me, overall. My Rating: 3.4


14. Benny Benassi “Back To The Pump”
Ultra, of course; looks like a gas-pumping title, lol? >>> Well, if :16 was what PO considered tha intro, then, this must be IDS? I guess so, though kinda weird for tha drop… Kinda seems like a fail, between tha Demi Lovato remix & this; this surprisingly sounds better, though. Midway through tha song, it almost sounds like Axwell. Now, it sounds like some attempted DS…; slowly gettin’ better, and it’s not tha typical BB sound, lol! Turned out to be pretty good, overall. My Rating: 3.7


15. Celine Dion “Loved Me Back To Life (David Morales Radio Edit)”
Here come tha re-entires! I usually post tha label each song’s from, but since this iz a re-entry, no need to post it. Let’s see how this remix turns out, though I think JS from tha last PO, surprisingly, has tha best remix… >>> Feelin’ tha classic-soundin’ Morales intro, here… I can actually understand tha lyrics better, here, lol. It ain’t a bad remix, here; good for a bonus mix. Though I’m diggin’ tha classic-soundin’, almost ’90s-like Morales, I don’t think tha music’s mindblowing or anything. For tha song itself, I consider it more humor than serious; all those “liiiiiiiiiifffffffeeee” parts, lol! ROFL @ tha bridge to tha chorus, immediately; #humor!! My Rating: 4.0


16. Shy Kidx “Orion”
R…O…F…L… Epitaph on tha label, here (NHL—L = label). A lil’ old, since it was featured in a commercial, a few months ago, I think about cars. Weird how tha release order of this song went from bein’ featured in a commercial, to MCE, to here. Usually, ain’t it tha opposite? It ‘pose to be here, MCD, and then, commercial? Anyway, I already added it, since it was on here. Just gonna be a random song for me; this car-soundin’ DS… My Current Rating: 3.7


17. Trevor Simpson “Clappin’”
I luv how I’m bein’ teased between old songs, re-entries & new songs. A new song, here, signed by Rod Carrillo (and his Carrillo Music label); lookin’ forward ta hearin’ with this content warning! >>> Ooooooooooooooh, or should I say, “Brrrrrrrrrrrrr,” @ tha sample!!! Caught me by surprise: It’s New Orleans rapper Birdman (Lil’ Wayne’s protégé)’s song with rappers Clipse, “What Happened To That Boy?”, from 2002! Real interesting idea for a sample & an IDS song!!! Well, not full IDS, since, lol, outta nowhere, tha original version appeared, near tha 2:00 mark, soundin’ like a trap sound! It’s just a regular rap sound, here (tha chorus of tha original version). Tha “clappin’” iz slang for poppin’ someone with a gun, and tha “brrrrrrrrrrrrr” iz tha sound a bird makes, since tha original rapper goes by Birdman. And, tha bird shit, I assume, iz a drug reference for fiends; tha “birds” are tha “fiends.” Hope this gets some exposure! Will tha dance world be able to handle this, ROFL? Them Carrillo Music-signed songs never usually get released, or have super success with me, but I think this one gon be huge for me! Now that I make video countdowns of my favorite songs of each season, I can’t wait ta like this/talk about this one!! My Rating: 4.7


18. My Crazy Girlfriend “Go Fuck Yourself (Sven Kirchhof Radio Edit)”
ROFL? This CD’s turnin’ into craziness! Must be a HM, since Capitol signed it… >>> Oh, females on tha vocals? Thought it was gonna be a rock group… Catchy vocals and chorus, and tha drop’s hot!! Drop’s pretty serious, here; definitely diggin’ it for a “fuck you” anthem, lol!! My Rating: 4.5


19. Glenn Morrison Feat. Islove “Goodbye (Glenn’s Stadium Radio Edit)”
LOL, I know this and tha final two songs are re-entries… Takes me back to my Summer Anthems video countdown I made! >>> I swear, PO must make their January CDs ½ 2014 anthems, ½ 2013 year-end bonus mixes… Feelin’ tha climax-soundin’ beat, this time… Beat ain’t too bad, here; wish it was a new song… I also can remember that this iz 2 BPM faster than tha original, 124 version. My Rating: 4.0


20. Mel B “For Once In My Life (Paul Oakenfold Radio Edit)”
Finally, a remix; actually, I’m diggin’ tha original version now! Lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this remix by PO! >>> Almost sounds like tha original version, but wit some PO sounds, here and there… Sounds good, here, for a remix; I feel like tha energy increased. Speaking of increasing, just like tha previous remix, this remix’s BPM went up by 2 to 128 since tha original. Adding this with tha original in rotation gon prolly lead this to do pretty good on my 2014 YEC! My Rating: 4.3


21. Sharam + Anousheh “On & On (Cash Cash X Gazzo Radio Edit)”
First I see an “and” bein’ used as an “X” for tha mix, here… Well, I said I wasn’t gonna announce repeating songs’ labels, but this one changed from Yoshitoshi to Dirt Jugglerz, lol? Well, endin’ wit an old, spring/summer song, here. Sampled it on YT, but will get a full listen, here… >>> Seems too random. I only sampled it ‘cause I was goin’ through all tha old POExpress Audio DFFs, and this was on there. I didn’t think it’d come up on here, but I wanted to see if I could boost its spins before 2013 ended. Also, it turned into house, here. My Current Rating: 3.0


Overall: Turned out to be a nice CD! Biggest surprise for me was tha “Clappin’” song; I can already sense an interesting 2014! Now, if I can just get my life in order with a job and not a boring world! Then, these songs can have some great memories, unlike tha hideous 2013!


Rankings:

21.       Bastille “Pompeii (Kat Krazy Edit)” 2.9
20.       Sharam + Anousheh “On & On (Cash Cash X Gazzo Radio Edit)” 3.0
19.       Demi Lovato “Neon Lights (Cole Plante w/Myon & Shane 54 Radio Remix)” 3.4
18.       Storm Queen “Look Right Through (MK Remix)” 3.5
17.       Tiësto Feat. Michel Zitron “Red Lights” 3.6
16.       Shy Kidx “Orion” 3.7
15.       Benny Benassi “Back To The Pump” 3.7
14.       Cazzette “Run For Cover” 3.8
13.       Glenn Morrison Feat. Islove “Goodbye (Glenn’s Stadium Radio Edit)” 4.0
12.       Celine Dion “Loved Me Back To Life (David Morales Radio Edit)” 4.0
11.        Fatboy Slim & Riva Starr Feat. Beardyman “Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat (Calvin Harris Radio Edit)” 4.0
10.       Rune RK Feat. Laura V “One Perfect Day” 4.2
09.       Mel B “For Once In My Life (Paul Oakenfold Radio Edit)” 4.3
08.       Ariana & The Rose “Heartbeat (Soul Seekerz Radio Edit)” 4.4
07.       Adam F & Cory Enemy Feat. Margot “When It Comes To You” 4.5
06.       Krewella “Enjoy The Ride” 4.5
05.       My Crazy Girlfriend “Go Fuck Yourself (Sven Kirchhof Radio Edit)” 4.5
04.       Calvin Harris & Alesso Feat. Hurts “Under Control” 4.6
03.   Trevor Simpson “Clappin’” 4.7
02.   Hardwell Feat. Matthew Koma “Dare You” 4.8
01.   Headhunterz Feat. Krewella “United Kids Of The World” 4.9


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              85.0
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.0