FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Review #1,463: Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2015

Reviewed on 5.24.2015 (Review #1,463)


Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2015 review!!! Before I start tha review, I just wanna let y’all know, even though y’all know, that I had tha darkest moment of my life, just two weeks ago: My 25-year-old brother was found dead in my studio room from (most-likely) a heroin overdose! Such a sad moment that wasn’t called for, at all! Basically, life completely changed May 10th! And, it’s crazy ‘cause tha last song I played/heard was Vicetone & Kat Nestel “No Way Out”, and this PO has a new song by tha both of them on here! That’s crazy! But, surprisingly, despite my death, I’m actually pretty anticipated for this PO! I know when other people have died, tha POs sucked (lots of hit-mixed songs), but this doesn’t look like it’ll suck! Let’s start tha world all over again by kickin’ it off with this PO! I worked seven dayz in a row, with a 13-hour double yesterday & almost not that much sleep. I also got fulla dat shit before I did this review, of course, to enhance everything on here, so let’s see how I last…! Start Time: 1:19 PM | End Time: 3:27 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2015 CD Review (Review #1,463) reviewed on 5.24.2015 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP “Soul Makossa (Money) (Short Radio Edit)”
Warner Bros. signin’ this one, here… What will come outta this? A remake of tha “Soul Makossa” from tha ‘80s?! Hmmm………… >>> Have a feelin’ it ain’t gon be good, based off this beginning… Ehh, it iz that remake I was talkin’ about. Almost has, like, a disco sound to it, at times… Hearin’ tha drop and it sounds like somethin’ that could go mainstream. Weird/interesting combination of tha two tracks, here… Holy fuckin’ part at 1:45; felt like I could feel my head descending!! Overall, can’t believe this iz an actual song! Feels like it came from a dream, but for me, it’s just decent cheese at its finest! My Rating: 3.4


02. Martin Solveig & GTA “Intoxicated”
Tha right kinda title, with Spinnin’ on tha label! However, been hearin’ it on MCD and I don’t think it really for me… *Rehears* Tha beginning almost sounds borderline-disco with tha vocals… Hearin’ tha MS vocal part about bein’ “intoxicated” and I’m thinkin’ to myself, “Iz this really real? Like, iz this song actually a song, right now?!” Whoo!! But yeah, decent song; not sure if I’ll play it that much. My Current Rating: 3.6


03. Tritonal & Cash Cash “Untouchable”
Two “untouchable” groups, right here!! Big Beat & Atlantic Records on tha label; hell yeah!!! >>> A beat intro that sounds like “Apollo”. Hearin’ some vocals on tha 1st verse and it sounds pretty hot on this beat! Hearin’ tha chorus and it sounds pretty hot; nice climax for a hot drop? Yup! Pretty hot song, here! Wonder if it’ll go pop? That’s just a random guess! Hearin’ tha 2nd verse and it sounds pretty hot with these lyrics… Vocals almost remind me of/sound like Nicol Dash Jones, tha girl who sung on tha M’Black songs. Can almost remind you of R3hab & Eva Simons “Unstoppable”!! My Rating: 4.5


04. Rihanna “Bitch Better Have My Money (R3hab Remix Edit)”
Speakin’ of R3hab, here he iz on tha remix! Anotha “money” song on this CD, already? Wow… Roc Nation & Def Jam Records on tha label, for tha most part… >>> Likin’ tha intro but I have a feelin’ I really won’t like this. Not too familiar with how it sounded but now, I’m hearin’ tha chorus… Ehh, what’s with tha pitched-up vocals? Sounds weird, though hot beats! Even tha drop sounds pretty hot, though definitely reminds me of a “Rattle” vs. Deorro, lol! Well, corny song by Rihanna, but real nice beats from R3hab for me, lol! My Rating: 4.2


05. Coleman Hell “2 Heads (Riddler Radio Edit)”
Likin’ tha ID & Riddler on tha mix, though how will this sound with bein’ signed to Columbia & bein’ tha deep house BPM of 123? >>> Don’t really like tha vocal start, here and it sounds like a pop song, though I don’t know tha main artist. Hearin’ tha climax and OMG, it sounded like trunks of elephants or somethin’, lol!! What tha hell?! Somethin’ tells me this gon be bigger than some songs on dance outlets? My Rating: 3.5


06. Ciara “I Bet (R3hab Remix)”
R3hab on tha mix, once again!! Epic signin’ this one… >>> Regular start, but got better at :15 with that classic guitar sound! Ooh @ tha drop! Wow, sounds much better than I thought it would!! Really diggin’ that nice, dark-soundin’ drop!! And, this Ciara vocal, at times, has my head goin’ in circles, like at a carnival!!! My Rating: 4.3


07. Adventure Club vs. DallasK “Crash 2.0”
Unlike last year, it was “BMG Chrysalis” and now, it’s “BMG/Chrysalis”, lol… But, I’m lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this!! An instrumental dance song?!? >>> A really hot vocal and music start, here!! Sounds very dance-anthemic!! Tha drop sounds pretty hot here, too! Such hotness! PO and their females really catch onto me! Like, for example, last night, I had a dream that I met Diana Falzone (12/06 PO) & that we hung out! I even was able to correctly remember her birthday in my dream, too: February 8, 1983!! Whoo, smartness!! Pretty short track, or did it seem long? Either way, definitely some catchy dance music, right chea!! My Rating: 4.4


08. Jeremih “Tonight Belongs To U!”
Saw MCPR (Pop Rhythmic) got this, or was it MCD, themselves? Either way, Def Jam on tha label, here, and I almost thought there was a featured artist? >>> PO said it was a :00 intro, but I heard :30! It almost gave me an instrumental dance song anticipation level, but yeah, on another note, what a switched-up sound for him, here! Can’t believe how dance-y it iz for this R&B artist!! Sometimes, tha climax builds and then, dies down, but tha beat continues to be pure for tha R&B world, or should I say, Pop Rhythmic world! My Rating: 4.3


09. Vicetone feat. Kat Nestel “Angels”
Can’t believe with me havin’ “No Way Out” play on shuffle as tha last song I heard before I found out my brother died that they have a new song on this new PO! Was that ‘posed to be ironic or what?!? I so can’t wait to hear this!!! Ultra back to signin’ this one! >>> Almost sounds like a familiar start, like a video game or somethin’! Hearin’ that beat and it’s less dance-y than their previous songs, but this track and vocal sounds kick-ass, in a very unique way!! And, what a catchy chorus!! Wow, just luvin’ this PO, so far!!! Hearin’ tha drop and it added a boost to tha dance music; consistency!!! Overall, such a catchy vocal, lyric and beat!!! My Rating: 4.8


10. Ferry Corsten feat. Haris “Back To Paradise”
Anotha FC single released on this Flashover Recordings label… >>> Almost thought it was gonna be a female vocalist, here… Tha vocals sound pretty good for a male-vocal song and tha chorus iz real hot! Excellent drop, too, Ferry!! What anotha hot track!!! My Rating: 4.5


11. Jess Glynne “Hold My Hand (Chris Lake Radio Edit)”
Think I might’ve caught this one, somewhere along tha line… Atlantic on tha label, this time, doin’ it M.A.J.O.R.!!! >>> Nice vocals and good sound, so far; can’t complain… Yeah, I had to have heard this in a Music Choice Dance deep house mixshow! Tha drop sounds nice and eerie, for a slow beat… My Rating: 3.3


½time: This PO’s definitely pretty pure, for tha mainstream, but in a very unique way!! Tha average CD rating right now’s a 4.1!! Doin’ pretty good, here!!


12. Quintino feat. Una “Escape (Into The Sunset)”
A new Spinnin’ song, here; lookin’ forward to it, of course, lol! >>> Oh, I heard this in a mixshow before. So yeah, a catchy song—hot song, in a sneaky way! Drop’s nice and tha vocals add that catch to it! Tha chorus reminds me of my best friend, Lil’ Frankie, with this beach we go to on Long Island: Tides Beach, located in Rocky Point, NY! It just has a beach theme and it’s all about “us!” My Current Rating: 4.4


13. Nihils “Help Our Souls”
Have no idea what to expect, especially with Ultra on tha label & 120 on tha BPM! >>> Yeah, I’ll pass on this one! Boring, slow beats with an old-vocalist kinda feel… And now, I just got a call to go out. Oh, man, after still bein’ awake and zoned out, I gon need a nap right after this! My Rating: 1.6


14. Kelsey B “Get Into L.A. (Eddie Amador W Hotel Radio Edit)”
A new song by her & Carrillo Music on tha signing! However, anotha slower-than-usual song with only 124 BPM from EA in tha mix, here? >>> Sounds like a catchy traveling song? Diggin’ these underground beats and these vocals! Feels like it just makes you want to just drive to Cali!! Wow, this song seems like forever, I guess ‘cause most of tha songs on this CD were shorter than three minutes? Either way, definitely a nicely-addicting song, here!! My Rating: 4.2


15. Giorgio Moroder feat. Sia “Déjà Vu (Benny Benassi Radio Edit)”
Tha previous song kinda had a BB feel to it. Now, we got this, tha follow-up to tha Kylie Minogue collab, released on RCA, as well! >>> Hot start with tha beat but I don’t see how it’s a :00 intro! Almost like 23 seconds? Pretty hot music, here, with random vocals, to me. I’m definitely diggin’ tha drop and shit. It reminds me of a bunch of our remixes combined into one: Benny Benassi, R3hab, Lenny B & Albert Castillo? I have no idea, but it sounded like a mix of those! My Rating: 4.2


16. Project 46 “Beautiful (It Hurts)”
Anotha 129-BPM song by an instrumental dance song group! Lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this Ultra release!! >>> A pop guitar start, but quickly transitioned a lil’ bit to a dance beat… Oh, I have a feelin’ this gon be good!! Although it sounds a lil’ familiar, I don’t think I heard this, before… Tha drop’s nice and consistent with tha beat, itself… Tha 2nd verse sounds like it has some hot lyrics; nice… “With you, I feel like I’m high;” already!! Gotta luv tha “high,” especially how I’ve been durin’ this whole exciting review!!! My Rating: 4.1


17. (We Are) Nexus “They’ll Never Stop Me (Sean Finn Radio Edit)”
I believe I know this remixer from one of MCD’s mixshows… Anyway, their label, Shotgunn Productions, on tha label, once again! Hope this remixer makes this nice and dancey, vs. tha house-y feelings from tha other versions I know. >>> Yeah, pretty hot dance start, here; definitely sounds real nice!! Gotta luv hearin’ Carmen’s voice and this beat’s makin’ this sound great! Tha drop’s pretty nice, too; Nexus strikin’ strong!!! Nice and long drop, here!! Excellent! Still house-y with just tha chorus, but that’s pure, tight, Nexuslicious, Nextacularness in here!!! Glad (We Are) Nexus continue to keep gettin’ promoted by PO!! My Rating: 4.7


18. Years & Years “King (The Magician Remix)”
An intro of :32 listed, here… Almost got confused and put The Magician as tha main artist. Anyway, Cherrytree & Interscope on tha label, here. I know MTV Hits got this, but also, on accident, tha station at work changes to this Hits channel and this comes on! I recognize it with its title… >>> Luv that beginning part with tha original version’s catchy-ass music!! Wow, completely dropped down to a deep house, ‘90s kinda beat, outta nowhere! However, I’m diggin’ how these vocals sound on this. Oh, just luv tha catchy music part in tha chorus!!! Lots of random music parts, but definitely am diggin’ this, in a weird way. And, tha last minute of this sounds kinda lazy with tha long club outro… My Rating: 4.0


19. Sam Feldt feat. Kimberly Anne “Show Me Love”
I have a strong feeling it’s a remake of tha ‘90s classic… A deep house tip, here, with 4th & B’way & Island on tha label! >>> Yup, it iz, and off to a very slow start… Vocals almost sound like Jess Glynne, here. Yeah, this iz way too slow and no need for it to be brought back to life. Despite my negative feedback, I prolly wouldn’t mind playin’ this once or twice… My Rating: 1.1


20. Kygo feat. Parson James “Stole The Show”
I know tha vocalist from a new Audien song on MCD, right now, that’s pretty nice. And, here’s a follow-up single for dat boy, Kygo! Not just Ultra, but with RCA, as well (thanx to tha success of “Firestone”), I started diggin’ “Firestone” more, especially it remindin’ me of my girlfriend at work! >>> Ehh, not really feelin’ these vocals on this one and just like tha last song, it’s really slow and takes so long for anything to pop off… Of course, after takin’ an eternity to get to tha drop, tha drop’s Kygo’s peak on tha track, once again! He just adds those elements! My Rating: 2.5


21. The Prodigy feat. Flux Pavilion “Rhythm Bomb (Nghtmre Remix)”
Yes, a new song from them! First, a nice & throwback sound with tha crazy “Nasty” and at times, tha album’s title track. Now, this; tha labels are Three Six Zero & Warner Bros.! >>> Almost gave me a rap intro with tha beat sound… Hearin’ some sped-up vocals, here, and it sounds like how Nero made that “Crush On You” song from two years ago. Oh yeah, PO says 81 BPM on this track. Those nice parts before tha chorus are 162 BPM!! Definitely diggin’ tha hot beats, though they prolly could’ve kept it nice and consistent by havin’ it fast (162) than dubstep-y (81)! Still, tha sounds are dope! My Rating: 4.2


22. MizGin “If I Said I’m In Love (Suicide)”
Powerful word in tha title, here, especially it almost reminding me of what my brother’s death was, by accident! And, Paper on tha label… I know who this chick iz; she’s a unique EDM artist, but more on those slower dubstep/trap songs. This one’s BPM’s 66 so let’s see how unique this sound gon be (that’s only 132 BPM if doubled)! >>> Tha beginning sounds familiar and iz real catchy! Just luv how this sounds! Definitely a pretty strong song with tha lyrics and how she sounds; definitely a hot chorus! A hint of a pop sound, at times, but tha EDM, for some reason, just sticks in this song for me, though there’s not much of it. I wish this would go pop; pretty powerful with how it sounds with tha lyrics! My Rating: 4.4


23. Skrillex & Diplo feat. Justin Bieber “Where Are Ü Now”
What a way to set a record of a 23rd PO song and this to end it off… And, here’s Skrillex & Diplo, a.k.a. Jack Ü. But yeah, everyone has this. I luv how they’re tryna say, “Oh, Bieber sounds all grown and matured.” It’s like, I can neva take him too serious!! This iz still cheesy, at times, especially with those repeatin’ vocals and silly beats… And, Mad Decent & Atlantic on tha label. Oh, this bein’ in one of them commercials; yeah, yeah, yeah!! My Current Rating: 2.0


Overall: Wow, I’m writing this overall part tha following day! As soon as I finished tha review, I went right to nap just three minutes later, went out & did a nice drive around tha dark woods! I was so high—higher than I eva was doin’ this review! Almost every song, I was slowly gettin’ paranoid, but in a quiet way! Also, just too excited for all tha new dance music so I had to stay up and I’m sure I’ll neva fall asleep to a PO review! But yeah, from what I heard, I thought this was a consistent-soundin’ PO, even though a few songs got in tha way. I really am diggin’ this time’s mainstream dance music that’s out; had a couple big ones on here for me, too! I gon keep anticipatin’ tha POs and keep livin’ those great, big moments! I’m a strong person and will get through any obstacle I have to get through!


Rankings:

23.       Sam Feldt feat. Kimberly Anne “Show Me Love” 1.1
22.       Nihils “Help Our Souls” 1.6
21.       Skrillex & Diplo feat. Justin Bieber “Where Are Ü Now” 2.0
20.       Kygo feat. Parson James “Stole The Show” 2.5
19.       Jess Glynne “Hold My Hand (Chris Lake Radio Edit)” 3.3
18.       Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP “Soul Makossa (Money) (Short Radio Edit)” 3.4
17.       Coleman Hell “2 Heads (Riddler Radio Edit)” 3.5
16.       Martin Solveig & GTA “Intoxicated” 3.6
15.       Years & Years “King (The Magician Remix)” 4.0
14.       Project 46 “Beautiful (It Hurts)” 4.1
13.       The Prodigy feat. Flux Pavilion “Rhythm Bomb (Nghtmre Remix)” 4.2
12.       Rihanna “Bitch Better Have My Money (R3hab Remix Edit)” 4.2
11.        Giorgio Moroder feat. Sia “Déjà Vu (Benny Benassi Radio Edit)” 4.2
10.       Kelsey B “Get Into L.A. (Eddie Amador W Hotel Radio Edit)” 4.2
09.       Ciara “I Bet (R3hab Remix)” 4.3
08.       Jeremih “Tonight Belongs To U!” 4.3
07.       Quintino feat. Una “Escape (Into The Sunset)” 4.4
06.       Adventure Club vs. DallasK “Crash 2.0” 4.4
05.       MizGin “If I Said I’m In Love (Suicide)” 4.4
04.       Ferry Corsten feat. Haris “Back To Paradise” 4.5
03.   Tritonal & Cash Cash “Untouchable” 4.5
02.   (We Are) Nexus “They’ll Never Stop Me (Sean Finn Radio Edit)” 4.7
01.   Vicetone feat. Kat Nestel “Angels” 4.8


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              86.2
Total Songs:              / 23
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.7


Really love all my top-rated songs! Wow, can’t wait to play ‘em all! Had a bunch of really strong bangerz on this CD!!