FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Review #1,477: Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2015

Reviewed on 8.09.2015 (Review #1,477)


For tha 1st time, I’m doin’ a review through texting it on my phone, instead of typin’ it on my computer! I’m currently in my cousin’s treehouse on Long Island, NY, so we’ll see how this review goes!! My review for Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2015 review!! BTW, I type 94 words-per-minute on tha computer; how fast do I text? Lemme review and see… *Testing…* “What up? This ya boy, Frankie, just chillin’ in tha treehouse with my cousins or wait, by myself, lol! And, I’m doing a typing test of how fast I can text and when will I end? How many words? Hmm… Um…, I dunno! Don’t know, that iz! Yeah, what else can I say? This…” Okay, I text 54 words-per-minute!! Start Time: 1:47 PM | End Time: 3:08 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2015 CD Review (Review #1,477) reviewed on 8.09.2015 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Calvin Harris + Disciples “How Deep Is Your Love”
Label: Columbia. Already gettin’ out there… A deep house song for CH; kinda plain like tha rest of ‘em out there. Tha vocalist sounds a lil’ hot, though, especially with that “Nirvana” line! Just thought tha song was ending but I’m not even two minutes in; wow! But, if hit-music stations get this, I’d be surprised… Despite, it’s still a good look, I guess? My Current Rating: 3.6


02. Nicky Romero “Lighthouse”
Label: Protocol! Not looking at this; forgot what it was… >>> An acoustic start; almost sounds like Nick Jonas, but I remember it bein’ a dance artist? I’ono, but it’s time for me to see what this iz… *Checks* Yeah, here comes DJ Nicky Romero and overall, this iz okay; a lil’ too poppy and tha drop’s just like a decent, average dance/pop drop… My Rating: 3.5


03. Afrojack feat. Mike Taylor “SummerThing!”
Label: Def Jam. Here comes this… Oh, popness at its finest; kinda cheesy for me but I luv that this “cheese” iz in a McDonald’s commercial! LOL, when those drops come in handy! I would say, this tha catchiest outta tha three on here, so far, but will it be my least-favorite? My Current Rating: 3.7 (shocking?!)


04. Fedde Le Grand feat. Denny White “Cinematic”
Label: Ultra. A Music Choice Dance add… I dunno how special this male-vocal’ll be for me. Kinda borderline R&Bness with these vocals but it sounds like a good dance track… Also, a pretty melodic drop! To me, “Cinematic” = Drivin’ down roads & exploring abandoned sites with tha best music in tha world!! Not too bad on my PO review listen, here! My Current Rating: 4.1


05. Showtek feat. Vassy “Satisfied”
Label: Spinnin’. A Party 105 add but just like “Bad” from last year, tha pitched vocals threw me off. Now, with this PO listen, I’m gonna give this a lil’ more consideration now that it’s gettin’ out there! Luv tha mysterious music in this, at times! And, tha drop’s pretty slammin’; trippy bassline and vibe, here!! Luv it!! Can recognize tha voice a lil’ better on tha chorus; pretty nice, here!! Seems like this song’s takin’ forever, lol; greatness! My Current Rating: 4.4


06. Dillon Francis “Bruk Bruk (Need Your Lovin’)”
Label: Columbia. What do we got here fa this slowie? >>> Kinda sounds like somethin’ Moby would sample on tha sample… Pretty strange for this CD but then, it gets haunting, in a club-type way, with that drop! A lil’ catchy and haunting, but I’ono about exciting spins from me; we shall see! My Rating: 3.8


07. Hilary Duff “Sparks (Cutmore Radio Mix)”
Label: RCA. A lil’ cheesy here, too, as MTV Hits has played tha original. However, lack of exposure? Lemme hear this remix… >>> Remix beat here sounds kinda on their soul tip, as well as there bein’ some bass-pumpin’ bass, here… Thought it would’ve been nice and intense like tha previous Cutmore mix I heard, from tha October ’13 PO: Lawson “Learn To Love Again”; that was excellent! But yeah, an okay remix; lots of only decent music on this CD, so far, but nothin’ sucky! Oh yeah, makes me feel a lil’ old to know that Hilary Duff’s a mom…! My Rating: 3.6


08. KSHMR “Jammu”
Label: Spinnin’. I expect somethin’ big, here… >>> Excellent non-English start on tha sample and nice beats!! Tha drop sounds like it has a trance sound goin’ on, here; whoo!! Excellent for what kinda songs are decent and typical! Neva know what this guy gon put out next! A shark was tha 1st one I heard (“Megalodon”), a “No Heroes”, a “secret” and now, this non-English gem! My Rating: 4.5


09. Nick Jonas “Teacher (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
Label: Island & Republic. Thought he was on here but couldn’t picture what it was… >>> A kinda-catchy remix beat from DA, here, and an okay vibe from Nick. I feel like I’m in a different world, at tha moment, not thinkin’ he was a Jonas Brother, lol. My Rating: 3.7


10. Henrix “Acid, Rave, Sex”
Label: Thrive; wow!! And, lol, what do we got here? >>> Interesting sample and somethin’ pretty computer-like and some hot beats behind it! Been a long while since I heard somethin’ like this, lol! Oh, thinkin’ about this while high, I mean, I think this song’s that!! Pretty serious drop, here; nice and dark! Feels like it doesn’t get more darker and underground than this!! Tha 2nd verse sounds pretty intense!! Forgot to put tha pic of tha back cover on my phone, here, so I don’t know tha labels of each song right away. But, wow, who could’ve signed this? My guess would be Carrillo but who knows (EDIT: it’s Thrive Records again!!)…; that’s just what it sounds like to me! But yeah, definitely tha TRIPPIEST PO song I’ve reviewed?!? My Rating: 4.7


½time: An okay CD but sounds like it’s gonna be worth it, despite all tha decent songs! We’re at a 4.0 for tha CD rating, right now; can’t wait to continue!!


11. Little Mix “Black Magic (Cahill Radio Edit)”
Label: Columbia. Can’t wait ta hear this one!! Thought they were a one-hit-wonder on tha 4/13 PO, but here they are again, with Cahill on tha mix!! >>> An okay start and I feel tha energy in tha beats; pretty hot for a calm Cahill beat! Sounds pretty good on tha 1st verse; always feels nice, no matter what season! Tha 2nd verse’s soundin’ like anotha nice verse ta hear! Pretty nice pop remix, overall! My Rating: 4.3


12. Filous feat. James Hersey “How Hard I Try”
Label: Ultra, lol. Takin’ tha review to my car…! However, I don’t think I’ll be feelin’ this one… >>> A slow start; kinda catchy, but not really my taste in dance… Oh, tha drop sounds like driving in tha rain, all sappy… But, I’m feelin’ this mood from this bluegrass-y DJ… My Rating: 3.4


13. Sharks “Wait”
Label: Robbins. Looks anticipating!! Lemme hear! >>> Very poppy for tha start; not sure what to make of this… I like how tha beat picks up on tha chorus, but just an average song for me… I have to agree with this title, as I hate WAITING for people in NY! But, at least it’s like, horray for new music! My Rating: 3.9


14. Dear David “Hypnotized”
Label: ICONS & PRMD. Not sure what this gon be… >>> Sounds pretty slow and deep house-y… Nothin’ really too special with this one; nice, sleepy music, though. My Rating: 2.3


15. Icona Pop “Emergency (Jump Smokers Edit)”
Label: Big Beat & Atlantic. A different, strange new song out now for a crossover between pop and dance. Let’s see if there’s any power in a remix… >>> Kinda sounds average with that cheesy chorus in tha beginning… A lil’ underground-y with tha beat during tha 1st verse… And, tha 2nd verse nice, though not somethin’ super-striking for this remix, overall. My Rating: 3.5


16. Don Diablo feat. Emeni “Universe”
Label: Spinnin’ Deep. One of them new songs from a Party 105 mixshow two months ago that I first heard while high. I have to say, that was a nice day of premieres (Icona Pop was one of ‘em). I considered all but one of them, which I think I considered 10 songs or so! But, this song’s pretty nice. A lil’ kiddish with tha vocals, at times, but tha climax and beat’s pretty nice. Tha drop could’ve been a lil’ catchier with tha sounds, but this still iz a good track. My Current Rating: 4.1


17. Kaya Stewart “In Love With A Boy (Liam Keegan Radio Remix)”
Label: Warner Bros. Never heard, bu I hope it’s pretty nice for a faster track and not too poppy… >>> Well, on tha remake tip, here (Joss Stone, from ’04, remakin’ The White Stripes), it sounds like? Prolly would’ve sounded like a catchy, original dance track if it didn’t sound like a remake. Tha beats are kinda dry… Prolly could’ve had some better sounds in this remix… My Rating: 3.6


18. Galantis “Peanut Butter Jelly”
Label: Big Beat & Atlantic. On tha nu-disco tip, here… Their previous song was much catchier…; not really into this disco shit… My Current Rating: 2.6


19. Steve Aoki, Nervo & Tony Junior “Lightning Strikes”
Label: Ultra. Looks like a big DJ collab! Hope it’s worth it, this time! >>> Definitely feelin’ tha beginning and I’m diggin’ this collab!! Awesome title! My Rating: 4.3


20. Cazzette feat. Newtimers “Together (Lost Kings Radio Edit)”
Label: ICONS & PRMD. A dry deep house song that almost reminded me of Pep & Rash “Rumors” from tha 4/15 PO… Not sure if a remix gon make a difference, here… >>> Kinda has a touch-more life with tha dance beats, here, despite how slow… Still, I’m feelin’ this more, thanx to more life in these beats… My Rating: 4.0 (nice!)


21. Sir Ivan feat. Taylor Dayne “Kiss All The Bullies Goodbye (Paul Oakenfold Radio Mix)”
Label: Peaceman. Heard it from Party 105 but I found out I like Tony Moran’s mix tha best. Still, this a nice mix for what I wanna call an “original version.” Definitely diggin’ tha lyrics and topic about bulling, here, especially that some1 at my job’s gettin’ picked on by this bitch. It’s like, this newbie’s tha reason I’m not workin’ six dayz a week, so I need a breather!! But yeah, I love how Taylor Dayne’s mainly only in tha background a few times. My Current Rating: 4.3


Overall: Mainly consisting of just decent songs, I thought this was an okay PO. All tha other ones from this year were better; this might be my least-favorite outta all of ‘em? I know some others were statistically worse… But, odd that I find it that Axwell /\ Ingrosso “Sun Is Shining”’s not on here? Was a real bitch to look for tha 3:03-length radio edit, as online only has tha longer version that’s a minute longer. Even Mainstream Radio got it; no luv fa Dance Radio on two of dance-music’s leading DJs? Weird… Maybe, September edition? We shall see!


Rankings:

21.       Dear David “Hypnotized” 2.3
20.       Galantis “Peanut Butter Jelly” 2.6
19.       Filous feat. James Hersey “How Hard I Try” 3.4
18.       Icona Pop “Emergency (Jump Smokers Edit)” 3.5
17.       Nicky Romero “Lighthouse” 3.5
16.       Kaya Stewart “In Love With A Boy (Liam Keegan Radio Remix)” 3.6
15.       Hilary Duff “Sparks (Cutmore Radio Mix)” 3.6
14.       Calvin Harris + Disciples “How Deep Is Your Love” 3.6
13.       Nick Jonas “Teacher (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 3.7
12.       Afrojack feat. Mike Taylor “SummerThing!” 3.7
11.        Dillon Francis “Bruk Bruk (Need Your Lovin’)” 3.8
10.       Sharks “Wait” 3.9
09.       Cazzette feat. Newtimers “Together (Lost Kings Radio Edit)” 4.0
08.       Don Diablo feat. Emeni “Universe” 4.1
07.       Fedde Le Grand feat. Denny White “Cinematic” 4.1
06.       Sir Ivan feat. Taylor Dayne “Kiss All The Bullies Goodbye (Paul Oakenfold Radio Mix)” 4.3
05.       Steve Aoki, Nervo & Tony Junior “Lightning Strikes” 4.3
04.       Little Mix “Black Magic (Cahill Radio Edit)” 4.3
03.   Showtek feat. Vassy “Satisfied” 4.4
02.   KSHMR “Jammu” 4.5
01.   Henrix “Acid, Rave, Sex” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              79.9
Total Songs:              / 21
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.8 (not bad!)