FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Review #1,481: Promo Only: Dance Radio November 2015

Reviewed on 10.14.2015 (Review #1,481)


Wow… A trippy moment, here, as I prep for tha Promo Only: Dance Radio November 2015 review!! First off, that kid Tyler I hung with last year that vanished on me? Well, it’s his birthday today! Not only that, this edition’s tha 11/15 PO! November 15, which also iz labeled as “11/15,” iz Baton Rouge producer/rapper, DJ B-Real’s birthday! These are two people that have left such scars in my life by vanishing on me/blocking me (my version of Tupac & Biggie)! So, for tha two birthday themes to collide with each other, this gon be crazy! And, to top it off, I’ll be on an edible during this review! As it slowly kicks in, I have a feelin’ this CD’ll slowly get better and more anticipating!! I think we have a lil’ bit of hit songs remixed at first, but then, it just starts to get exciting! So, without further or do, let’s get inta this!!! OMG, I’m so excited!!! Past November CDs have been some of tha best from tha year; will this one be? Tough way to follow up two of tha best POs from this year!!! Start Time: 6:59 PM | End Time: 8:57 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2015 CD Review (Review #1,481) reviewed on 10.14.2015 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. ZHU feat. AlunaGeorge “Automatic (Suraci Radio Edit)”
A nice lil’ slow follow-up to “Faded”—well, actually, I believe ZHU had a different follow-up earlier in tha year, but it didn’t do any numbers! But, also, it’s nice to see AlunaGeorge gettin’ more exposure, as well! Columbia on tha label, let’s see how Suraci changed it up/increased tha tempo wit this mix! >>> Just a touch faster and more on a dancey tip than a deep house tip… Kinda like tha original better with its DH sounds, surprisingly, but I’m diggin’ this drop. It’s basically just a progressed way to move onto tha future, lol! Still has decent vocals, overall, you know… My Rating: 3.7


02. Morgan Page feat. The Oddictions & Britt Daley “Running Wild”
Saw on MTV Clubland a few times, recently; didn’t expect it to be new… Anyway, follow-up to tha great “Open Heart” from earlier this year, off tha Nettwerk label! >>> A decent music start and some catchy vocals, especially on tha chorus… And, tha drop’s pretty much got power! Nice and “wild” vibrations, lol! A short review but overall, nice lil’ track! Gotta luv dance music to tha fullest!! My Rating: 4.2


03. Odesza vs. Cedric Gervais feat. Zyra “Say My Name (Remix Edit)”
A Music Choice Dance song? Kinda looks familiar, but I guess this tha new version, thanx ta Spinnin’! >>> Yeah, I recognize tha beginning; let’s hope it’s a nice new mix! I still think these are catchy vocals to get in your head. Ooh @ tha chorus blast!! Hope tha music continues to kick in! Yes, tha drop!! Drop!! Drop!! Drop!! Definitely somethin’ pure, here!! Whoo, definitely feelin’ this from tha somewhat-plain original version!! I just luv how tha build-up’s longer than a usual one! Like it takes double tha amount of time to get to!! My Rating: 4.7 (time for tha ratings to kick in!!!)


04. Tiësto & Don Diablo feat. Thomas Troelsen “Chemicals”
Off tha Musical Freedom label, here… Party 105 got it, I listened and liked. However, I just figured I’d wait till it made it to a PO! Now, time for a better listen! >>> As far as this song, I think it has some catchy vocals and this iz a nice collaboration between tha two DJs… Drop’s more on a DD feel to it than Mr. Ësto, lol! Maybe, tha 2nd one will be? I doubt it… But, definitely a catchy 2nd verse; hot collaboration!! LOL @ my prediction for tha 2nd drop, like I was gonna win tha lottery or somethin’! More DD, here… My Rating: 4.1


05. Rudimental feat. Ed Sheeran “Lay It All On Me”
Here comes a comeback from Rudimental, here, featuring this slow-music singer at a deep house tempo of 122 BPM, here, lol! Big Beat & Atlantic on tha “lay-bell,” lol! >>> Kinda anticipating tha beginning… Here comes tha vocals from Mr. Sheeran and it’s kinda like a sped-up version of his music on tha radio… I recognize that chorus; remake of his song or am I trippin’? Might’ve been an exclusive I heard! Anyway, music’s really dry but nothin’ terrible… And, this seems so long, lol? I can’t believe we’re only on Track #05 off this CD!!! Wow, so many jointz left; time’s goin’ so slow!!! My Rating: 3.6


06. Daddy’s Groove “Where I Belong”
LOL and OMG, here! On such a trippy day of 10/14, here come DG! Also known for “Stellar” givin’ me tha power to really go at B-Real for his insecure likings on Facebook! Can’t believe they made this 11/15 edition; trippy!! Anyway, anotha deep house-like song with only 123 BPM, here? Hate to see all these artists changin’! Hmm, Ultra…! >>> Anotha unexpected male-vocal, but it ain’t too bad… Music sounds pretty nice and different on tha drop, so, as always, there’s an ear-catcher somewhere!! Neva tha full disappoint from me, lately! Wow, startin’ ta feel this better with tha music continuin’ on tha 2nd verse! Gotta luv this early 2000’s feel? Like, late ‘90s, early ‘00s? Luv it!!! Pretty nice lil’ 3rd verse part; feels like this iz nice and long! My Rating: 4.5 (what a surprise!!!)


07. Goldhouse “Over”
Goldhouse goin’ dirty, lol? Robbins signed this one, lol!! Still think of GH and their “Dark Horse”, lol! >>> Really diggin’ tha music in tha beginning; very dancey, lol! Almost thought it sounded like a remake or somethin’, but it’s fresh-n-new! Sounds like a cool, retro, fly chorus, here, lol! This definitely sounds nice and happy-like; can’t deny it!! Oh, I’m really feelin’ these POs, lately!!! My Rating: 4.3


08. The Chainsmokers feat. ROZES “Roses (The Him Remix Radio Edit)”
LOL @ tha spooky, trippy mix name, lol? Anyway, Columbia, here, with anotha return-attempted single from Mr. “#Selfies”! A deep house BPM of 122 again, lol! Lemme hear this lil’ mix and see what’s up… >>> Sounds kinda catchy but a lil’ plain with tha way this sounds… My favorite part: “Smoke a lil’ weed;” you know!!! Kinda slow, here, as tha drop’s kinda basic—well, bounce, baby, bounce! Overall, this’ll prolly be a low-played song fa me… My Rating: 3.9


09. JoJo “When Love Hurts (DJ Laszio Radio Edit)”
Thought it was DJ Laszlo, who’s currently followin’ me on Twitter! Anyway, nice comeback from Ms. JoJo, here, but I’ono about breakin’ into tha dance world with this one… I just don’t see it bein’ a hit-mixed world, anymore… Can’t believe that!! Here we are with 300 Entertainment & Atlantic Records on tha signin’, here… >>> Likin’ how tha beats just progress, like it’s a short club mix… Nice lil’ tease with tha vocal parts, here, as well as tha nice drop! I feel like this gon be a different, more-uplifting house mix? Hearin’ tha chorus back to back (well, full chorus) at 1:08 and it sounds good to just randomly be thrown in there! Tha 2nd drop sounds a lil’ more plain but I guess it’s slowly transitioning, like, taking-a-while transitioning… Hearin’ tha chorus for tha 3rd time, back to back, and it’s soundin’ like a nice house mix! And, tha chorus extends on tha 3rd chorus; nice! Can’t believe how different she sounds; 11 years later from her start! It reminds me of how I blossomed, includin’ evolvin’, slight voice change and more! And, she’s only 24, 25 years-old! One of tha first big artists that came out that I was older than, back in ’04! Nice lil’ club outro on here, too; interesting mix, definitely!! My Rating: 4.3


10. Fall Out Boy vs. Didrick “Uma Thurman”
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! ROFL, ROFL, ROFL, ROFL, ROFL!!!! And, 150 BPM?!? Bwahahahahah!! Island Records & Republic Records on tha label, here… Music Choice Dance got it and it seemed like a good April Fools Day joke, lol!!! >>> Such a joke!! Such a joke!! Such a joke!! Luv tha fastness but so random to be remixed like this? Almost thought all those Munsters sample was gonna appear in this! Aww, such a happy drop, lol! It’s almost like it’s throwin’ kisses, lol! And, I happened to like this song a lil’ bit—tha original, that iz! Who doesn’t “sleep in last night’s clothes;” save tha environment!! LOL! My Rating: 4.2


11. One Direction “Drag Me Down (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
SYCO & Columbia on tha label… I have to admit to kinda likin’ this, a lil’ bit. Now, a remix? >>> I’m actually really likin’ tha DA beats! It’s almost like tha high paid off!! Decent lil’ remix throughout tha 1st verse and very Backstreet Boys-y, lol… Definitely one of those hot remixes, though can be a guilty pleasure, lol? Definitely likin’ it, lol! I really think tha chorus iz what stood out for me, lol! What a surprise, lol!! I keep winnin’ with these reviewz, despite who’s what and where!!! My Rating: 4.4


½time: Really feelin’ this CD, so far!! Outta 11 songs, I was really feelin’, like, eight of ‘em, already!! A 4.2-rated CD, so far; definitely feelin’ it!! It’s only gon get betta!!!


12. Feenixpawl & Jason Forte feat. Mary Jane Smith “Blue Sky”
And, a follow-up to “Ghosts”, here! Eclypse & Wind-Up Records on tha label with “Mary Jane” in tha vocalist’s name!! Wow, lol! I’m expectin’ a real-powerful anthem, here, that’s gonna define tha warm/upcomin’ dayz throughout tha fall… >>> Hearin’ tha start and it’s soundin’ like a remake, but I’ono what it could be… Oh, such a hot and catchy chorus; damn!! And, tha drop’s got it on lock!! See, with tha last joint they had, it was released around when my brother passed. Now, here comes this and I hope there’s no more deaths!! My Rating: 4.6


13. Otto Knows “Next To Me”
Big Beat & Atlantic, here! I expect this to sound huge!! I luv how “Million Voices” iz gettin’ its in-a-commercial exposure! >>> Ooh, I’m actually feelin’ these innocent-like male vocals!! Music’s off to a nice and slow start; really diggin’ this slow vibe, so far! Feels like I’m under a spell, here, with diggin’ this one… Wow @ tha climax, here, with tha music and drop!! Diggin’ this anthemic sound; wonder how we’ll do, here, lol? Only good luck and vibes from this point on!!! My Rating: 4.5


14. Bobina feat. Natalie Gioia “Addicted”
That moment Frankie sees Track #14 and yells, “Carrillo!! Carrillo!! Carrillo Music!!,” lol!! But, it’s Black Hole Recordings; definitely anticipatin’ this!! Really feelin’ tha vocalist’s name and that its look of 123 BPM can confuse me!! >>> Sounds like innocent female vocals, here, with decent music… A short chorus that started to sound pretty nice but this drop’s pretty plain… I still think it sounds like it’ll be catchy if it becomes a big dance song, lol!! Nothin’ terrible, here; I still think it’s pretty hot! My Rating: 4.0


15. Wish I Was feat. Cameron Walker “Cutting Ties”
Ooh, a follow-up to tha hot-and-addictive “Crossfire”!! Robbins in tha building again; 2x on a PO, once again!!! Only a 123 BPM song? Will I be surprised? >>> Diggin’ these female vocals over this nice beat… Ooh @ :40 when it kicked in!! Sounds like Nadia Ali swimmin’ in tha crystal-clear water!! “Hypin’ up tha weekend?!?” If so, then, hell-fuckin’-yeah, as I go to NY on Saturday!!! Definitely a nicely-produced track, here, fa only 123 BPM! I dunno if it’ll get out there but if it does, then it’s a winner! Don’t give up, Robbins Ent., lol!! My Rating: 4.3


16. Moguai feat. Cheat Codes “Hold On”
This seems like a real-hot deep house CD, so far, and iz only continuin’? Spinnin’ Deep on tha label, this time! >>> I’ono if I’m feelin’ these male vocals…; am I ‘pose to be surprised when tha beat drops? Oh, here comes a hidden surprise: tha drop! It seems like I heard this before? Either way, kinda funny but still kinda dope at tha same time… Kinda sounds better once tha beat kicks in; pretty addictive! Tha rest of this iz pretty nice, too! Even squeezed a nice lil’ hidden beat drop surprise at tha last seven seconds, too; nice!! My Rating: 4.2


17. Ansolo feat. Too Many Zooz “To Life”
What’s all these “zooz”, lol? 4th & B’Way & Island Records both here, makin’ me think tha deep house continues? I’ono, but I think this gon be real funny or odd…, but in an addictive way!! >>> Great beginning so far; sounds faster than your average-expected deep house tracks! Ooh, just two words so far; pretty nice!! Really feelin’ this music a whole lot; definitely transformin’, here!! And, enterin’ tha zoo, like, fa’real, here, with that lovely instrument? Oh, tha music got real trippy, here, as it slowed down in itself!! Now, it’s slowly pickin’ back up…! Sounds like a panic attack, here, lol! Definitely lovin’ it; who would’ve thought of such a unique track?!? “To life;” whoo!! Can’t believe this gon be my top-rated song! Haven’t heard an instrumental dance song in a long while, it seems like?!? My Rating: 4.8


18. WIL “What Are We Waiting For (Jose Nuñez Radio Edit)”
Ooh, tha return of Dream Merchant 21 on tha label on this PO!! Nice, especially after three years since Grace Valerie “Don’t Wanna Be Waiting”!! LOL, I luv my facts!! Can’t believe it’s been three years?!? Where’d tha fuckin’ time go?!? But, can’t wait ta hear this…dee………e……………..ep house, lol!! >>> Almost sounds familiar but I’m diggin’ this; sounds like tha early part of tha 2000’s, like, with a crossover song remixed? Catchy vocals, though 50/50 for me, at times… Either way, I guess some cool points comin’ from me… I’m likin’ this 2nd verse a lot better, to tell you tha truth! A decent attempt for tha 4.0, though; it was close! My Rating: 3.8


19. Natali Yura “Fall 4 U (Goldhouse Radio Edit)”
Almost thought it was a Spanish singer from a while ago (like, 3/07 PO ago, lol!). However, this tha lady from two years ago with “Scream For Love”, off tha 7/13 PO! Kinda sad, at times, since that kinda reminded me of my brother, goin’ to Dunkin’ Donuts for Wi-Fi and him stealin’ money from me by forgin’ his name on one of my checks for $200! So, let’s see, now with tha afterlife, how this’ll do! Global N.A.T. on tha label, this time, instead of just N.A.T.!! >>> Already really likin’ this much more than tha previous song, off this start! Sounds nice and innocent, somethin’ I could love! Definitely really feelin’ tha voice, here; definitely an excellent comeback!! Hope it gets some nice exposure!! As tha chorus continues, it sounds hotter and hotter, between tha vocals and tha music!! Oh, music makes me feel like I’m in a fuckin’ dream!!! Ooh, definitely feelin’ tha trouse-soundin’ drop!!! Whoo, excellent!!! Might be a competition for tha top spot!! Even a lil’ boner action, here, for me; I seem that excited?!? Definitely diggin’ this!!! My Rating: 4.8


20. Faithless “Insomnia 2.0 (Avicii Remix Radio Edit)”
I don’t get it…? RCA on tha label… Like, really, lol? >>> Diggin’ tha resurrected dance intro, here… And, tha dark-soundin’ vocals sound pretty grimy, muddy and sticky, here, lol! Definitely feelin’ tha darker vibes of tha beats, here, and don’t you just luv when you “get no sleep?!?” Ahh, yes!! Always 100% power, motivation, and perseverance, though!! Don’t think this’ll be a heavily-played song for me but it’s still pretty nice, overall! My Rating: 4.3


21. Sak Noel, Luka Caro & Ruben Rider feat. Sito Rocks “Pinga (Original Radio Mix)”
Wait a sec…, lol, tha mysterious word’s revealed!! On tha tracklist/mp3 info, they have, “P***a”!! I first saw that and was like, “What iz that?!” Who would’ve thought tha back cover would reveal such a word, lol!! But, Clipper’s Sounds on tha label; so anticipated ta hear this!! Anotha November edition wit Sak on here, lol!!! >>> Sounds like it gon be Miami-like rapness? On tha Spanish-type of beats, here, that sound like they’ll pull you faster than a current?! Nice lil’ build-up and lol @ tha bleepin’! Nice lil’ return for Sito, I believe, too? Same from tha 11/10 PO? Could be close, but still, sounds like a different kinda dance track! I’m diggin’ this Latin flava into a dance phenomenon!! I dunno what kinda exposure this’ll have, but it’s nice ta hear! Nice lil’ huge smile comin’ from me, here!!! My Rating: 4.1


22. Nils Van Zandt feat. Mayra Verónica “Party Crasher”
Wonder why this one has “Radio Edit” in tha ID, lol? BIP on tha label, here, and just like Mr. Sak, here’s anotha comeback a year later! Mayra!! Their song, “No Boyfriend”, lol! Plus, I’m diggin’ and anticipatin’ this main artist, as their name looks like a Lynyrd son!! Sexiness at its finest?!? >>> Sounds like some catchy beats; Latin at its finest, again! Ooh, feelin’ tha catchy-ass vocals!! Drop’s on a plain/nice-soundin’ sound, but I think transitions this real nicely!! And, here comes Mayra rappin’ like Luciana, here! Off wit dem “couch potatoes,” lol!! Oh, such an addictive chorus!! Luciana & Mayra are, like, three years apart, but always will be young forever! My Rating: 4.5


Overall: Wow, a really-hot PO, here!! Could it be tha highest-rated, as far as an overall CD rating?! Like, it almost felt like a 4.4!!! Go, PO!! You have yourself anotha unique winner, here, with tha November 2015 edition!! All my crazy scars did not get in tha way, here, as far as tha catchiness!! Let’s keep this hot shit goin’ and goin’ till tha end of time!!!


Rankings:

22.       Rudimental feat. Ed Sheeran “Lay It All On Me” 3.6 (oh no, last, lol!!)
21.       ZHU feat. AlunaGeorge “Automatic (Suraci Radio Edit)” 3.7 (wow, #21?!? WHAT?!? LMFAO!!!)
20.       WIL “What Are We Waiting For (Jose Nuñez Radio Edit)” 3.8 (ahhh!!! #20?!? What iz this an avalanche apocolypse, ROFL!??!)
19.       The Chainsmokers feat. ROZES “Roses (The Him Remix Radio Edit)” 3.9 (bwahahahahah!!)
18.       Bobina feat. Natalie Gioia “Addicted” 4.0 (#18!!!)
17.       Tiësto & Don Diablo feat. Thomas Troelsen “Chemicals” 4.1 (#17 fa power?!?)
16.       Sak Noel, Luka Caro & Ruben Rider feat. Sito Rocks “Pinga (Original Radio Mix)” 4.1 (hehehehehe @ #16!!!)
15.       Fall Out Boy vs. Didrick “Uma Thurman” 4.2
14.       Moguai feat. Cheat Codes “Hold On” 4.2
13.       Morgan Page feat. The Oddictions & Britt Daley “Running Wild” 4.2
12.       Faithless “Insomnia 2.0 (Avicii Remix Radio Edit)” 4.3
11.        Wish I Was feat. Cameron Walker “Cutting Ties” 4.3
10.       JoJo “When Love Hurts (DJ Laszio Radio Edit)” 4.3
09.       Goldhouse “Over” 4.3
08.       One Direction “Drag Me Down (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 4.4
07.       Nils Van Zandt feat. Mayra Verónica “Party Crasher” 4.5
06.       Otto Knows “Next To Me” 4.5
05.       Daddy’s Groove “Where I Belong” 4.5
04.       Feenixpawl & Jason Forte feat. Mary Jane Smith “Blue Sky” 4.6
03.   Odesza vs. Cedric Gervais feat. Zyra “Say My Name (Remix Edit)” 4.7
02.   Natali Yura “Fall 4 U (Goldhouse Radio Edit)” 4.8
01.   Ansolo feat. Too Many Zooz “To Life” 4.8


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      93.8
Total Songs:                      / 22
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.3


All my rankings make me feel so happy!! I pretty much loved this whole entire CD!! What a way to kinda enter 2016!!! So exciting!! Luv my lil’ notes to go with some of ‘em, as I was surprised!! Keep up tha excellent work, PO!! Glad y’all can always provide tha best music!!!