FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Review #1,483: Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2015

Reviewed on 11.15.2015 (Review #1,483)


Comin’ through with anotha PO review, tha final one for 2015!! This one’s for Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2015! Funny thing with tha previous PO review was that it fell on October 14, my ex-friend’s birthday, which was trippy (and, it was tha 11/15 edition)! Now, it’s actually 11/15 (November 15)! Today’s DJ B-Real’s birthday, anotha ex-friend of mine! Back to back with tha trippiness!! And, tha ex-ness didn’t get in tha way, as tha average CD rating was a 4.3!! Will tha luck continue fa this one?! I’ono!! Excited to get inta this!! Leggo!!! Start Time: 5:13 PM | End Time: 7:15 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2015 CD Review (Review #1,483) reviewed on 11.15.2015 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. ATB “Flash X”
Likin’ tha label, here! Nice and self-made!! ATBeats on tha label and this looks like it’ll be an anticipating one?! Like, more of a borderline-trance vibe from “Break Through The Silence”?! Just sayin’!! >>> Feelin’ these lost male vocals for tha start and this beat! Gettin’ more and more serious at tha chorus, here; zapped, zoned & zilched out, lol!! Just like tha build-up during tha chorus, tha drop has a real catchy vibe just like it!! Definitely a really-nice way ta start this off!! Nice job with tha 2nd verse, too, and tha climax before tha 2nd chorus/drop part sounds like you’re on a rollercoaster!! Whoo, crazy shit!!! My Rating: 4.8


02. DVBBS “Never Leave”
Spinnin’ on tha label! Yes, anotha powerful DJ!!! >>> Diggin’ tha catchy intro, here; can’t wait ta hear these beats!! Tha hidden vocals in tha background sound like one of their previous track features, “Gold Skies” (7/14 PO)… And, I have to say, these are catchy male vocals; definitely nice fa tha start of 2016! Great lil’ drop, too, as it progresses through this trippy birthday!! My Rating: 4.5


03. SNBRN feat. Andrew Watt “Beat The Sunrise”
Was Ultra on tha last PO?! *Re-checks* Oh, what tha hell’s wrong with me?! LOL! Naw, it almost seems like Ultra’s on PO one or two times, now, lol! Does that mean they done fell off?! But yeah, only 124 BPM; will it be like my favorite joint from this year, “Back Home” (3/15 PO)?! Hope it has some of those elements in it!! >>> So far, a decent lil’ start between tha beat and tha vocals… And, here’s tha drop… It’s one of those dry SNBRN drops, but this one’s dark! Not to mention, I like how tha beat sounds keep addin’! When tha “ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh” harmonizing appears, it almost sounds like it’s remakin’ somethin’ from not too long ago! For a slowie, this turned out to be better than usual! My Rating: 4.1


04. Alex Midi feat. Delacey “In The Air Tonight”
Hmm, wonder if this iz a remake? No seconds on tha intro, so it instantly starts! Got Delacey on tha feature, previously from “Destiny” (5/15 PO), which iz great ‘cause I’m lookin’ at a pic of me and this girl, “Destiny,” from my job!! Whoo!!! Just tha kinda luck I have, at tha moment! But, with AfterCluv on tha label, I have a feelin’ I’ll surprisingly really like this 120 BPM-produced Delacey-featured track!! >>> LOL, yup, just from tha beginning, it sounds like a remake of Phil Collins… Very anticipating music throughout tha 2nd ½ of tha 1st verse!! Here comes tha very familiar chorus and it’s soundin’ pretty nice! Definitely some nice, pure beats! And, will there be a drop…? Guess not…? And, 4:04 on tha length, lol? Either way, definitely somethin’ exciting for me, here! “World of ___” iz where we’re at, right now!! Feel like it’s so tha future!! Sounds good with tha 3rd verse, too!! Ooh, gotta love this!!! Oh, just hearin’ tha “I’ve been waiting for this moment for all my life…” line makes me think that if I consistently still believe in DJ B-Real unblocking and reconnecting with me that it will happen!! Just keep believin’!! My Rating: 4.8


05. Conrad Sewell “Hold Me Up (Steve Smart Radio Mix)”
Anticipatin’ tha mix and this “Firestone” vocalist… We’ll see if 300 Entertainment & Atlantic Records can put out a nice, 123 BPM-type song/remix! >>> Sounds a lil’ different and louder on tha vocals than tha “Firestone”, lol, but I’m feelin’ tha mix, here! And, hearin’ tha chorus and it sounds much better than tha 1st verse music! Definitely much-more interesting, here! Reminds me of years ago during tha iPartyRadio dayz, where they’d have a new song like this/strong remix! Definitely sounds great for tha remaining part of tha song/remix! My Rating: 4.3


06. Aiden Jude + Celia Babini “All In”
As soon as I seen tha “All…,” I knew it was gonna be an Aiden Jude song!! However, that’s ‘cause of his older release from this year, “All We Are”! Yeah, that was definitely nice and so was his “Stadium Of Light”!! I hope he continues to be really consistent and neva stops producing that quality!! Straight off tha Crowd label (no “Shape”, lol?)!! >>> Anticipating tha new vocalist name, too, to add to my preview after my preview, lol! Sounds like a nice build-up throughout tha 1st verse; good shit! Hearin’ tha chorus and it’s very catchy, just like his other releases!! Oh, just luv tha strong and unique beats with tha repetitive chorus!! Whoo!! Sounds great with tha lyrics on tha 2nd verse, too!! My Rating: 4.8
EDIT: What?! Aiden Jude’s born in 2002, according to Wikipedia!! What tha…?! Crazy shit!! He gotta be one of tha 1st mainstream people in tha dance world that were born in tha 2000s!! Only 13 years-old with such talent?!? Or wait, Complex magazine says he was 10 years-old during tha middle of last year?!? Whaaaatt!!?!?


07. Dzeko & Torres feat. Delaney Jane “L’Amour Toujours (Tiësto Radio Edit)”
Shorter than just tha “Edit”, here, with only 2:39 on tha length, lol… Mr. Ësto’s Musical Freedom label, here, and this a hot lil’ remake of “I’ll Fly With You” from Gigi D’Agostino, from 2000! Glad to see anotha Delaney Jane collaboration, as they were rulin’ 2015!!! >>> LOL @ tha intro cut-off here, but at least tha drop’s still tha same, as well as these hot beats!! Nice ending to end it off, too! My Current Rating: 4.5


08. David Guetta feat. Sia “Bang My Head (GLOWINTHEDARK Radio Edit)”
Interestin’ remixer’s name… Let’s see how this 3rd collab of theirs gon do, with Parlophone & Atlantic on tha label… >>> I think Sia got more toward tha poppiness with her sound, to me, since last year, when she blew up with tha “Chandelier”… As for this, it does sound good; not sure what else ta say about it… Hearin’ tha build-up and it’s pretty addicting, as well as tha drop! A lil’ on tha dark side, just like tha remixer’s name! Overall, catchy and on tha late night vs. mainstream side, lol. My Rating: 4.0


09. Philip George & Anton Powers “Alone No More (UK Radio Edit)”
I have a feelin’ this gon be a lil’ mainstream/borderline? 3 Beat, Motown & Capitol all tha label… Hmm, lesse!! >>> Sounds a lil’ R&Bish, like, an early 2000s-type sound on tha sound, here… I’m diggin’ tha chorus sound, here; stronger late ‘90s, early ‘00s beats!! Tha rest of this iz pretty catchy and definitely qualifies as a hot joint!! My Rating: 4.2


10. Jackson Ville feat. Hana Reeves “Burn Up”
I’m anticipatin’ this one!! Definitely diggin’ tha vocalist’s name, includin’ Robbins on tha signing!! Let’s keep tha new bangerz comin’!! >>> Sounds like it will be good on tha intro… Hearin’ tha beats and they definitely sound nice, European & not from tha US, lol! Ooh, pretty nice chorus!! Definitely catchy how she says tha title!! Too bad Robbins kinda fell a lil’ off with tha mainstream scene ‘cause if this was an automatically-released release, it would prolly easily get out there! I’ll be happy once this gets out there…, hopefully!! Oh, just luv this catchiness and these pure beats!!! My Rating: 4.6


11. Hailee Steinfeld “Love Myself (Riddler Anthem Radio Edit)”
Definitely excited fa this one!!! Republic on tha label and this young girl’s definitely got it goin’ on with this one!! Such an impowering song, though it’s rumored to be about masturbation, lol?! >>> Beginning sounds exactly like tha original, only faster, of course, since tha original’s only 123 BPM! That’s still nice fa a lil’ pop song! Of course, tha chorus iz nice and strong with that latin-soundin’ beat on tha chorus—well, latin with tha drums, if you wanna call it that! A lil’ catchier with tha 2nd verse’s beat; go, Ridd!! Oh, so great, especially right before tha lil’ bridge! Luv tha vocalizing, lol! My Rating: 4.7


½time: Well, I have to say, this could be tha best ½time we’ve eva had!!! Could you believe it!! On a trippy birthday, too!! We have a whopping 4.5 for tha average CD rating, so far!!! I don’t think it’s eva been this high, like, zoooonnnnned out, lol!! Naw, but yeah, I feel like I’m gonna be obsessed with almost every song, so far, and we went through 11 of ‘em!!! Definitely a great label choice with tha releases and how every song has came out, so far!!! Let’s keep it goin’ with tha 2nd ½ but first, I need to eat!! I’m so thirsty, too, lol!! *Eats at 6:09 PM…* *Returns at 6:18 PM…* Well, a lil’ Cocoa Krispies ain’t hurt nobody now, don’t it?! LOL! Wanted to get back to this quickly! Only nine minutes of eating? Felt like I was gone for an hour!!


12. Lost Kings feat. Jessame “Bad”
That moment where I type “Cazzette” before I type “Lost Kings,” lol; habit right now! But, MCD just got this slowie and I don’t think it’s gonna be as special as tha previous songs during tha 1st ½… Here we go, and it’s Spinnin’ on tha label, too! >>> I mean, I really liked their mix of “Together” so we’ll see if I can get used to this… I’m diggin’ this discoish, semi-slow dance music, here… Tha chorus sounds a lil’ R&Bish and all that, but I think this iz a nice one, overall… My Current Rating: 3.9


13. Taylor Swift “Wildest Dreams (R3hab Radio Edit)”
Keepin’ it goin’ with anotha hit-mixer, courtesy of Big Machine & Republic Records… All of her previous songs before this one were catchy, though none got remixed on a PO before! I think this’ll be nice but with tha 130 BPM, will it be anotha “Bitch Better Have My Money” / “Sun Is Shining” remix sound to it? >>> A really slow start, kinda like if tha original version was slowed down… Diggin’ tha chorus beat, here; definitely somethin’ exciting to build up to, and it’s Taylor Swift, lol! Diggin’ tha drop, here, as it sounds pretty unique… I’ono how to exactly describe it, but it’s pretty nice! However, will anyone get this, lol? But, what I was gonna say was that tha 130 BPM almost sounds like faster, like, 132 BPM or somethin’! Seems like I’m not used to much 130erz, anymore, since not many are released, these dayz… But, it makes it sound exciting, I guess? My Rating: 4.2


14. Pep & Rash x Shermanology “Sugar”
LOL, here comes this! Got a lil’ preview after a P105 mixshow add and it’s okay, for a 1st listen… Since it had a familiar sound like “Rumors” (4/15 PO) on tha beat, I figured I’d hold off for now. But, here goes tha official review! And, werent Shermanology on tha 12/13 PO? Yes, with that CD’s top-rated song, “Who We Are”, with Amba Shepherd! And, tha lil’ dark beat intro’s kinda like their sound, though it sounds funny to think this iz dark… Really likin’ how tha 1st verse sounds, here, and I’m definitely diggin’ this interesting, dark-kinda vibe! Oh, I’m startin’ ta feel tha verses better!! Definitely diggin’ tha 2nd verse; almost can’t wait to hear it again!! Long on tha club ending, here, lol… My Current Rating: 4.4


15. Nick Jonas “Levels (Jump Smokers Radio Edit)”
Oh no, time fa anotha remix… And, forgot to mention with tha previous song, this tha 2nd of 4th song in a row with 125 BPM, lol! Island & Republic Records, here… >>> Yeah, to me, Mr. Jonas iz cheesy to me and I’ono about havin’ a cheesy remixer on tha remixin’, here… I feel like this CD’s got way more potential than that! Not really feelin’ tha drop, here; almost thought it was gonna be somethin’ really outta tha blue fa a second, lol… I can’t picture this dude shirtless and tryna turn on tha girls in a sexual way, lol… My Rating: 3.6


16. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike feat. Ne-Yo “Higher Place”
Almost a lil’ borderline, here, with Ne-Yo… Motown & Capitol on tha label, here, since it seems like a joint collab, lol! Thought they were way better with “The Hum”, but… >>> Kinda doesn’t sound like Ne-Yo but it still sounds soulful and shit… Okay, after tha random vocalist on tha beginning, here comes Ne-Yo… Not really tha style I’d expect from DV & LM, but I think it sounds catchy… I’ono if I’ll play it that much, but definitely somethin’ better than tha ‘norm,’ lol… I have a feeling this’ll be a really big pop song or somethin’; we shall see… My Rating: 3.8


17. Cazzette “Genius”
Think I’ve seen and heard it before…; we shall see how it does! ICONS & PRMD on tha label… >>> I’ono why, but I was really feelin’ that line: “Not only kings wear crowns…” Soulful-soundin’ vocals with that catchy beat that I remember from one of my first listens… Definitely a catchy lil’ chorus, despite this just bein’ an ‘okay’ song… My Current Rating: 4.0


18. My Morning Jacket “Compound Fracture (Giorgio Moroder Remix)”
I’ono about these jointz now!! It almost seems like this CD went from really tight to really funny… With a 41-second beat intro, I hope it can catch my attention! Then again, only 115 BPM? I’ono!! ATO & Capitol Records, here… >>> Well, I’m diggin’ this really slow intro but with these beat sounds… Startin’ ta get better around :25; hope tha rest of this sounds like this! Still, lol, so random for tha long intro; fuckin’ love it!! Then again, just okay vocals… A weird, random, and tight chorus, here, between tha nice music, weird lyrics, and random vocals… Sounds like this a sticky gumbo pot, containing various ingredients! My Rating: 3.7


19. James Hersey “Coming Over (Filous Remix)”
Here they are, collaborating again, right after tha 8/15 PO! This 110 BPM, Ultra-signed anticipation’s low, mainly… >>> Beginning sounds a lil’ like a bluegrass-y version of “Firestone”… Almost thought I might’ve heard this once before… Oh, tha bass kills me on tha drop!! It’s almost like this remixer just creeped in, slowly and quietly, or as Origene says, “Suddenly and silently!” Yeah, great throwback there!! Well, I think I’m feelin’ this but in a funny way… I think it’s mainly ‘cause I got a pic of that girl, Destiny, on my screen right now! Like, I feel like no matter what each song sounds like, I smile and really like tha song, no matter! I guess it’s when you’re such a special person like her!! Oh, that drop again; luv how it hits!! My Rating: 3.8


20. Dillon Francis & Skrillex feat. Maluca “Bun Up The Dance”
Anotha slow one at 108 BPM, this time! LOL, it keeps goin’ down!! Columbia, here, with an interesting, though prolly-not-for-me-kinda collab, here… >>> Kinda cool and great with how it sounds, though I’ono, exactly… Kinda strange, but kinda tight? Weird vocals on tha 1st verse from tha dark—oh wait, it sounds like Sanjin (featured on tha “Pyramids” track from DVBBS & them (1/15 PO))… Hmm, maybe I got a preview from a P105 mixshow preview? What tha hell with tha tongue and fingers shit at 2:10!!! Of course, I’d say, “LOL,” ta that, but I think a lotta people would be like, “W…T…F…!!!” And, there goes that outro with tha tongue and fingers shit, again, lol!! My Rating: 3.2
EDIT: Did a search and surprisingly, tha featured artist’s Maluca!


21. AtellaGali feat. Amanda Renee “Dance The Night Away”
Iz this a funny joke or what? Starting with #14, tha BPM went from 125, to 125, to 125, to 125, to 115, to 110, to 108, to 107!! Like, what tha…, lol? AfterCluv on tha label, here; who would’ve thought these two would collab again!!! >>> Really diggin’ tha ‘gettin’ fucked-up’-type lyrics in tha beginning! Just, why such a slow beat…?! Okay, got a lil’ better with its build-up kickin’ in at :29… Oh, I ain’t mean to be a bitch and judge tha beat so fast, based off tha 1st verse! *Slaps himself!* Actually, I just double-slapped myself!! Feelin’ tha drop; definitely nice! I don’t think this’ll get out there like tha previous song of theirs… Not to mention, seemed kinda random when their previous song vanished… I think my brother’s death kinda spoiled my enjoyment of a lotta songs that were new and released during that time! Overall, definitely some catchy lyrics, vocals, and this slow beat’s got me feelin’ like I’m in those cottages you see in tha woods, lol! Definitely feelin’ that lil’ vocal part at tha final 20 seconds of this! My Rating: 4.5 (wow, I rated it tha same as their previous collab!! Crazy, especially after this 2nd ½ was startin’ ta be decent!!)


22. Mike Posner “I Took A Pill In Ibiza (SeeB Remix)”
And talk about it slowin’ down even further!! Only 102 BPM?! Ha ha… Island & Republic Records here, ‘bout ta end this excellent, but somewhat-weird, PO off!! >>> Almost thought it wasn’t him, a.k.a. “Cooler Than Me”, here, but I’m diggin’ tha ‘consuming-a-pill’ lyrics, here, especially since it’s that DJ B-Real’s birthday! He’s one of tha kingz that makes “pill”-related music, so it’s ironic that we end this PO with a “pill” song! Well, aside from tha line about “meeting Avicii” or whateva, this iz soundin’ really interesting! I’m really diggin’ tha beat and addictive, slow-soundin’ sound!! Also, weird, random lyrics after tha “took a pill…” part; just sounds like a regularly-soundin’ remix… LOL, this review of mine for this song was all over tha place! I just randomly picked a part to talk about, without goin’ in chronological order, lol… Such a random song; gotta luv it!! My Rating: 4.2


Overall: Well, for what was tha best 1st ½ I’ve had on a PO review eva, tha 2nd ½ got really weird, especially with a bunch of remixed songs and odd topics. But, I still definitely enjoyed tha review, especially that most of tha songs sent me to Outer Space with their sound and all that!! Definitely loved this edition; keep it rockin’, PO!! We’d all DIE without you around!! When I was eatin’ my dinner, I was thinkin’, “If PO ever went, Earth would end!” Like, so many outlets have left us, sadly, but we must keep PO!! Can’t believe I’ve been reviewin’ these editions for 9 ½ years, now!! Hope I’m doin’ this till tha day I die!!! Can’t wait for Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2084!!! Ha ha ha!!!


Rankings:

22.       Dillon Francis & Skrillex feat. Maluca “Bun Up The Dance” 3.2 (bwahahahahah!!!)
21.       Nick Jonas “Levels (Jump Smokers Radio Edit)” 3.6 (lol)
20.       My Morning Jacket “Compound Fracture (Giorgio Moroder Remix)” 3.7 (awe! It’s 20th!!)
19.       James Hersey “Coming Over (Filous Remix)” 3.8
18.       Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike feat. Ne-Yo “Higher Place” 3.8 (low ranks for two interesting, mainstream-soundin’ songs!)
17.       Lost Kings feat. Jessame “Bad” 3.9
16.       David Guetta feat. Sia “Bang My Head (GLOWINTHEDARK Radio Edit)” 4.0 (16 4.0’s aren’t bad!)
15.       Cazzette “Genius” 4.0
14.       SNBRN feat. Andrew Watt “Beat The Sunrise” 4.1 (nice ranking for a slowie!)
13.       Taylor Swift “Wildest Dreams (R3hab Radio Edit)” 4.2
12.       Philip George & Anton Powers “Alone No More (UK Radio Edit)” 4.2
11.        Mike Posner “I Took A Pill In Ibiza (SeeB Remix)” 4.2
10.       Conrad Sewell “Hold Me Up (Steve Smart Radio Mix)” 4.3
09.       Pep & Rash x Shermanology “Sugar” 4.4
08.       DVBBS “Never Leave” 4.5
07.       Dzeko & Torres feat. Delaney Jane “L’Amour Toujours (Tiësto Radio Edit)” 4.5
06.       AtellaGali feat. Amanda Renee “Dance The Night Away” 4.5 (#06!! Can’t deny their heat!!)
05.       Jackson Ville feat. Hana Reeves “Burn Up” 4.6 (luv it!!)
04.       Hailee Steinfeld “Love Myself (Riddler Anthem Radio Edit)” 4.7 (great song = greater ranking!)
03.   ATB “Flash X” 4.8
02.   Aiden Jude + Celia Babini “All In” 4.8
01.   Alex Midi feat. Delacey “In The Air Tonight” 4.8


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      92.6
Total Songs:                      / 22
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.2


It was close, but tha previous CD beat this one by 1.2 points! Prolly could’ve subtracted some of tha pop remixes! But, very close race to tha top, mainly for tha Top 2 songs! My Top 3 artists all have “A” in their name!! “A”hh, lol!! I think I like them both tha same! Really luved tha slow vibes of “In The Air Tonight”, despite bein’ a remake! And, tha “All In” joint I almost rated a 4.7, but felt that I liked it slightly better than ATB’s song, so I chose it as #02. But, definitely a lotta heat on this CD!! Keep it goin’ fa tha 2K16, PO!!