FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Review #1,496: Promo Only: Dance Radio April 2016

Reviewed on 4.03.2016 (Review #1,496)


Time fa anotha Promo Only review!! Promo Only: Dance Radio April 2016!! I have to say, as excellent as tha previous PO was, unfortunately, my moments in real life throughout last month ain’t even measure close enough to how good tha songs were! Only good thing was I got a letter from my idol, Percy Keith, in tha mail, from jail. Other than that, work has been worse and it kinda scares me to do this review, right now ‘cause I got sent home, crying, yesterday, from work. So, it’s almost like there’s a lotta negativity in tha air… Then again, you neva know! I see a lotta 120 – 123 BPM songs on here—a lot! It could go really good or really bad; who knows, we’ll see! Start Time: 7:06 PM | End Time: 8:54 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2016 CD Review (Review #1,496) reviewed on 4.03.2016 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Otto Knows feat. Lindsey Stirling & Alex Aris “Dying For You”
Anotha release from Big Beat & Atlantic, here, with this crazy-lookin’ collab! Music Choice Dance has this and I believe I waited for it to get on here or somethin’ before I was gonna add it… Kickin’ this CD off with only 122 BPM; leggo!! >>> A calm start, here, with some okay/catchy vocals… It gets catchy on tha chorus, almost soundin’ like Enrique Iglesias, with tha title part… And then, after all tha calmness, tha drop and that sound of everyone on tha production comes! Definitely hotness, though a lot with tha slow parts during tha verses… And, only a quick drop at tha end, since only 18 seconds remain… My Rating: 4.0


02. Klingande feat. Daylight “Losing U”
Anotha 122er, here… Here comes a Klinger with Ultra on tha label, here… >>> Sounds like nice lyrics in tha beginning from this male vocalist, between tha “coffee and a cigarette.” Nice lil’ vibe with tha slower-soundin’ beats during tha chorus and drop! Has a lil’ bit more of a boost from that “Jubel” song… Soundin’ pretty nice, overall, and, lol, guess you gotta feel tha pain of “losing!” My Rating: 4.1


03. Michael Calfan “Nobody Does It Better”
After his hot lil’ “Prelude”, his remixes and songs have mainly had tha same sound to it, mainly on tha drop and choruses… Can kinda get a laugh from it, but none of them really entered my playlist after… We got Spinnin’ on tha label, once again… Think I got a sample of this after it got played on a Party 105 mixshow… I have to say, I think it’s only okay… >>> Soundin’ like it’s samplin’ someone from tha G-Funk era on tha vocals, here, but they’re okay vocals… Hearin’ when tha beat kicks in with all tha “closer than close” parts, and it sounds pretty catchy, there… Yeah, drop’s similar but tha speed/BPMs keep decreasing with each artists’ singles… I’ono, but I seem to really like tha vocals a lil’ to a lot “better,” now, lol! Just diggin’ how everything comes together; I’ll reconsider this one!! My Rating: 4.3


04. Marcelo CIC feat. Alex Staltari “We Wanna Be Loved”
Ooh, in tha mist of all those 122/123 BPM songs, here comes a regular-paced 128er!! Follow-up to “Superfans”; can’t wait ta hear!! Imagine it bein’ betta with a male vocalist?! >>> Sounds like it could be somethin’ I take real serious in tha beginning, here, with tha beats… Hearin’ tha vocals and yeah, soundin’ pretty catchy; can’t wait ta continue ta hear this!! Tha chorus sounds pretty nice and, shit yeah!! A climax that sounds real hot to go with tha drop!! Yeah, this a pretty-nice track… Not sure if it’s better than “Superfans” and will it do better with me? My Rating: 4.5


05. Hotel Garuda “Smoke Signals”
LOL @ this! Seen it first on Party 105 and didn’t even get a sample of it, due to it looked like a non-dance song… Then again, I judged wrong! Sounds like a good, unique dance song, but not like tha others? I guess between tha lyrics, sound & everything combined? It wasn’t what I expected, in a great way, courtesy of ICONS & PRMD Records! Nice vocals, catchy chorus, silly/random title, but I really like it! My Current Rating: 4.2


06. Philip George feat. Dragonette “Feel This Way”
Fooled me? I thought Philip was tha vocalist, but iz tha DJ, instead? With that bein’ said, can’t wait ta hear Anton Powers again! Tha Ette on tha vocals, here, with 3 Beat, Motown & Capitol on tha label, once again… >>> Dig how PG gives it, like, a ‘90s feel, most of tha time… Just like most Dragonette songs, it’s always that I gotta get used to their vocals… This an okay track fa me; a simple chorus, but definitely catchy music, fa me… My Rating: 3.7


07. Runaground “Chase You Down”
Seen this on Party 105, too, and instantly thought it wasn’t a dance song, based off of how it looked… Then again, just like “Smoke Signals”, I was wrong! Robbins on tha label, too; can’t wait ta hear!! >>> Sounds like a hot, mainstream dance track! Just diggin’ these pop-soundin’ vocals with these slow, dance/pop beats at 123! Hearin’ tha music/drop after tha title part and it sounds pure, though familiar! Nice chorus… Yes, definitely diggin’ tha music and tha whole vibe, here! Might even put it higher than tha rest of ‘em, so far! My Rating: 4.6


08. Benny Benassi “Beardo”
I can’t imagine, especially after “Even If” from tha previous PO… Here it iz, courtesy of Ultra! >>> Funny that he’s goin’ with tha instrumental dance sound, here; feelin’ these beats! Kinda has that feel of all tha older-soundin’ IDS tracks, like David Puentez and all them! Soundin’ even hotter with tha sounds at 1:17; wouldn’t’ve guessed it was BB! I remember all those other songs always soundin’ tha same fa, like, a decade! Now, they seem to be hotter!! Gotta be tha best one on here, so far, ya know?! My Rating: 4.7


09. DJ Fenix feat. Frankie “Satellite”
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha @ tha featured artist’s name!! Only 122 BPM & Carrillo on tha signing, too! Oh, I gotta hear this one!! >>> Much to my surprise, it’s a female on tha vocals; nice! Also, a really-dry deep house sound, here, in tha beat… I like that it’s a new track outta nowhere, but it’s kinda dry with this deep house sound… Hearin’ tha chorus and it’s pretty nice… It’s decent tha rest of tha way through but still sounds interesting… My Rating: 3.8


10. Patrick Hagenaar “Turn Back Time (Back To The Time)”
I’ono… Wasn’t feelin’ tha “Feel The Love” remix, so I’ono how I’ll feel this, especially with my assistant manager’s birthday on tha length, here… Ultra… >>> Kinda sounds like a better intro than what I thought it was gonna be… Sounds like some of those older-soundin’ house songs with tha repetitive vocals… Not bad with all tha different parts of beats, here; just decent fa me, overall… I’ono, but sometimes, I feel like I’m really diggin’ it, while sometimes, I feel like it could be below-average fa me… That’s a weird mix, but I’m prolly gonna be generous with tha rating, here… Speakin’ of my assistant manager, I can’t believe 4/20 falls on a Wednesday, when she manages! Can’t imagine how I gon battle tha anxiety—let’s hope there’s no anxiety after yesterday!! My Rating: 3.8


½time: Seems like a pretty nice CD, so far; I expect better, though! A 4.2 for tha CD rating, with some hot songs that are already released & some hot new ones! Let’s keep it goin’!!


11. SeeB feat. Neev “Breathe”
Lookin’ like our “Pill In Ibiza” remixer, who’s now following me on Twitter, as tha DJ, here, with Neev, here, lookin’ like “Catfish”, lol! Island & Republic on tha label with…only…1…2…0…B…P…M…, lol! >>> Not really feelin’ tha vocal start and tha music, so far… Really dry with these slow vibes, once again; so many slow ones, this time! Don’t even tell me it’s gon get better after tha chorus, here…, lol…! Sounds like a better-soundin’ chorus than tha 1st verse… Sounds like a weird drop but I hear tha “Pill” sound goin’ on, which sounds funny… My Rating: 3.6 (not-so-generous rating but who knows what’ll come of this!)


12. Axwell “Barricade”
Okay, here, 4:49 on tha length; can’t imagine! Ultra on tha label, here; thought it was gonna be an unknown artist, at first, lol. >>> Feelin’ this build-up in tha beginning with this vocal! Diggin’ all tha sounds, here; lots to fill in 4:49! Pretty consistent and hot, here! Glad to have more non-vocal tracks (or, barely any vocals), again! A lil’ breakdown at 2:23 with some catchy vocals… Sounds good ta hear with these barricading lyrics, lol! And, tha beat continues to ‘wander off’ with its experimental sound; nice @ 3:27!! My Rating: 4.4


13. Tundran “Still Afraid (King Arthur Remix Radio Edit)”
I know a King Arthur… A producer from Baton Rouge, LA… Anyway, on tha dance side of thangz, here’s somethin’ I neva heard of, before, courtesy of PRMD Records… Could I be “afraid”? I’ono… >>> Odd that I thought I was gonna be “afraid” ‘cause it could have not tha best taste in my mouth… Kinda ehh with these male vocals but I’m kinda diggin’ tha Michael Calfan-soundin’ drop… Tha rest of this ain’t tha most-interesting fa me, but it ain’t that bad of a song, overall. My highlight for it iz when tha drop comes, lol. My Rating: 3.2


14. Nicky Romero & Nile Rodgers “Future Funk”
Protocol & Nicky Romero in tha buildin’, though I’ono about him collabin’ with Nile Rodgers? Only 120 BPM, too? Damn @ tha slowness! It neva ends! >>> Almost what I would’ve thought it would’ve sounded like: Faster version of “Uptown Funk”? Kinda weird sound fa me, though a touch of catchiness… Oh, God, can only imagine tha drop… Pretty dry, overall; can pass on this one, even though it sounds kinda happy… I think this gon be sellout material; I can feel it… My Rating: 2.5


15. Sheila Gordhan “Smile (Roger Sanchez Radio Edit)”
I forgot, I love how outta 21 songs on this CD, only two have mixes/remixes, lol! This one seems anticipating, between tha comeback of Mr. Sanchez (though, only 122 BPM?), a new label (Rach) & a new vocalist! It’s almost 8:18 PM, right now (Percy Keith birthday time)! I’m gonna literally sit for two minutes until it’s 8:18 & then, hear this for tha 1st time! >>> Sounds like it gon be somethin’ disco-like… Vocals sound kinda sweet but I don’t think this sounds like it would fit tha great vibes of what’s out today… Again, not super-bad, but I think it’s time ta pack these slow songs in! Kinda like how tha vocals give this, like, a ’90s vibe, despite tha disco sound… My Rating: 3.3


16. Liam Keegan & David Nye feat. Eric Redd “You Can Feel It”
123!!! Could go great; could go sour? Carrillo in tha buildin’, again! >>> Again, kinda dry fa me fa a house song… Vocals ain’t too bad and music ain’t too bad, at times, but it’s a dry sound fa me… Yeah, not much feedback from me, here… My Rating: 2.1


17. Major Lazer feat. Nyla “Light It Up (Remix)”
Music Choice Dance says theirs iz just a remix… Mad Decent, here; no anticipation… >>> Glad they’re gettin’ more exposure, now, but I’ono about this one… I can go for tha Jamaican vocals and all that, but not tha slow sound… Okay, I’m not diggin’ tha male vocalist on this one… Sounds like it could be tha next random party anthem, lol? Not much ta say, here… My Rating: 2.4


18. Matoma & Astrid S “Running Out”
Only 95 BPM, here… I know Matoma remade a Biggie track, last year, and it had a nice lil’ tropical house sound to it. However, with all this slowness goin’ on, I’ono how much more slower I can get, here… Big Beat on tha label… >>> Feelin’ tha beat sound, here, though this more on a rhythmic sound than dance… Likin’ tha sound of tha vocals, here; finally, a decent slow song! Feelin’ tha tropical drop, here; nice fa a slowie! My Rating: 4.2


19. Big Gigantic feat. Angela McCluskey “The Little Things”
Was anticipatin’ tha collab, since Angela = “Can We Start Breaks?” at work (actually, that Ang iz movin’ on after this month!). However, got to hear it and it was way too slow! Only 73 BPM, here, with themselves & INgrooves on tha labels, here… >>> Listen #02 fa me, but a review, here… Sounds like it could be unique in a different kinda genre, like alternative, or somethin’, not dance… Vocals are pretty catchy, here; much different than “In The Air” from five years ago! Not much interest in tha chorus’ sound, here, but definitely feelin’ tha different sounds, mainly tha drop, here… Oh, all these slow jointz make me wanna fall asleep…! Y…a…w…n…, but as for a song, not too bad, overall. My Rating: 3.0


20. Prince Fox feat. Melody Noel “I Don’t Wanna Love You”
Seen this one on Music Choice Dance and it came outta nowhere… Wasn’t really sure how well I was to take this, but I’m gonna get an official full listen, here… Casablanca & Republic on tha label, here, and… 70 BPM! >>> An okay start with beats that sound like they can make you feel like it was tha dayz of 140 BPM! Vocals are kinda catchy; not bad with tha sound but I’ono how much I’d wanna play this… Yeah, this trap-type shit’s ehh… Tha long length makes me wanna fall asleep, again… My Rating: 2.7


21. Flume feat. Kai “Never Be Like You”
You know Promo Only: Dance Radio has gone alternative when Mom+Pop (tha label)’s on here! Music Choice Dance has this and I’ono if I was high tha other night, but I was driftin’ off in my sleep and this came on Music Choice Dance, and it made me feel special? Well, let’s see how tha review gon turn out fa only 60 BPM!! Slowest PO song ever?! >>> Yeah, sleep-wise, tha sound of tha vocals and beats sound pretty nice. But yeah, way too slow fa Promo Only: Dance Radio editions! ZzzzzZZzzzZZzzzZZzzz…!!! Way too slow of a vibe, here, but still a nice sound; just not a great rating from me. My Rating: 2.2


Overall: Not as near as good as a bunch of tha past POs, back to back! I think August 2015 was my last review where it wasn’t as great. I thought there were way too many slow songs! Almost tha whole entire CD was 120 – 124 BPM if it was during tha 1st ½, and all under 110 BPM toward tha end! Definitely hope we pick up tha pace as time goes on! Keep tha slower music fa other genres, such as Electronica, Alternative, etc.! Can’t believe tha Benny Benassi song topped my list! Who knew?! “Even If”, for tha same rating, was, like, ranked 7th on tha last one!!!


Rankings:

21.       Liam Keegan & David Nye feat. Eric Redd “You Can Feel It” 2.1
20.       Flume feat. Kai “Never Be Like You” 2.2
19.       Major Lazer feat. Nyla “Light It Up (Remix)” 2.4
18.       Nicky Romero & Nile Rodgers “Future Funk” 2.5
17.       Prince Fox feat. Melody Noel “I Don’t Wanna Love You” 2.7
16.       Big Gigantic feat. Angela McCluskey “The Little Things” 3.0
15.       Tundran “Still Afraid (King Arthur Remix Radio Edit)” 3.2
14.       Sheila Gordhan “Smile (Roger Sanchez Radio Edit)” 3.3
13.       SeeB feat. Neev “Breathe” 3.6
12.       Philip George feat. Dragonette “Feel This Way” 3.7
11.        Patrick Hagenaar “Turn Back Time (Back To The Time)” 3.8
10.       DJ Fenix feat. Frankie “Satellite” 3.8
09.       Otto Knows feat. Lindsey Stirling & Alex Aris “Dying For You” 4.0
08.       Klingande feat. Daylight “Losing U” 4.1
07.       Matoma & Astrid S “Running Out” 4.2
06.       Hotel Garuda “Smoke Signals” 4.2
05.       Michael Calfan “Nobody Does It Better” 4.3
04.       Axwell “Barricade” 4.4
03.   Marcelo CIC feat. Alex Staltari “We Wanna Be Loved” 4.5
02.   Runaground “Chase You Down” 4.6
01.   Benny Benassi “Beardo” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      75.3
Total Songs:                      / 21
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.6