FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, September 16, 2016

Review #1,518: Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2016

Reviewed on 9.16.2016 (Review #1,518)


It’s about that time again! I wanna be anticipated, but I still have my guard up fa tha slower songs… We got Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2016, tha review, by ya boy, FrankieThaLuckyDog a.k.a. Frank Calhoune! HBD, Benjamin Racks!!! Let’s see how we do… Start Time: 4:42 PM | End Time: 6:53 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2016 CD Review (Review #1,518) reviewed on 9.16.2016 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Nicky Romero feat. Colton Avery “Take Me”
Had no idea or couldn’t remember what was first… Really lookin’ forward ta anotha new song!! Protocol Recordings on tha label, of course! >>> Tha music’s kinda anticipatin’ in tha beginning… Vocals ain’t too bad and tha way tha song sounds ain’t too bad, either… I feel like I’m wantin’ to anticipate somethin’… Hearin’ tha chorus and it sounds good, but even better before tha drop!! That’s a sound; gotta love it!!! Definitely lovin’ this!! I think I like this better than tha previous single, “The Moment (Novell)”, with an uncredited Eric Lumiere!! Unbelievable!!! Also can sound like a great Vicetone song!! And, they’re on here, too, so that should be exciting!! My Rating: 4.8


02. Fedde Le Grand feat. Erene “Immortal (Leroy Styles Remix Radio Edit)”
Looks like it’ll be good, but which direction will it go in? Courtesy of Ultra, here… >>> Sounds like it can remind me of somethin’ old and anticipatin’ in tha beginning… Diggin’ these distorted vocals, includin’ this random-soundin’, mysterious-soundin’ music! And, hit me with tha unexpected, deep, dark drop! “DDD,” lol! “Deep, Dark Drop”; possible song title, lol?! Thought it was gonna be anthemic but it’s more deep. Still, definitely feelin’ it in a special way! My Rating: 4.3


03. Giuseppe Ottaviani & Christian Burns “Brightheart”
After realizin’ my late brother’s friend & a co-worker I worked with’s last name’s Ottaviani, I have to say, I’m finally gettin’ ta hear GO on a PO; nice! Anticipatin’ this one with Black Hole Recordings on tha label! >>> Sounds nice; definitely better-soundin’ vocals for CB, here! Definitely feelin’ tha nice and faster-soundin’ dance track, here; no fakin’ it!! Sounds like a nice chorus, includin’ tha instantly-mysterious drop; gotta luv it!! Yeah, really lovin’ this melodic drop; anthemic!! My Rating: 4.7


04. Tinashe “Superlove (Cutmore Edit)”
RCA, here… Thought she was a one-hit-wonder for her “2 On” joint with ScHoolboy Q, back two years ago. However, here she iz, courtesy of RCA… >>> Sounds a lil’ different than I expected… I thought tha vocals were gonna sound faster but they seem a lil’ slow… First heard tha original version and I thought it was a bullshit, brand-new person… However, it’s her; decent… I’ont got much ta say, here; just decent… My Rating: 3.7


05. Deorro feat. Pitbull & Elvis Crespo “Bailar (Remix)”
Just a “remix”, lol? Ain’t take tha time out ta eva get ta hear, but here it iz, courtesy of Ultra… >>> I have a feelin’ it gon be good, tho, surprisingly! For a Spanish-influenced sound, I’m diggin’ this; nice one, even tho with tha low anticipation! Pitbull, still gettin’ “crunk;” still “rollin’ [one] up!” You already know!! Goin’ back to those that I talked to in tha past, Pitbull was one of ‘em! It was 10 & 11 years ago!! I have one of ‘em on YouTube; I gotta upload tha other one… He wished me a 17th birthday, but also, an 18th birthday & that I graduated!! Crazy shit!! I was ahead of my time!! My mom told my 12-year-old half-brother, who’s now growin’ up & figurin’ out who’s who, that I talked to Pitbull in tha past! Gotta luv it!! Not bad, overall; great job, guys! My Rating: 3.9


06. Britney Spears feat. G-Eazy “Make Me (Marc Stout & Tony Arzadon Radio Edit)”
Ain’t really get ta pay attention ta this one, but it looks nice. Speakin’ of who I’ve talked to in tha past, I’m sure y’all know about G-Eazy & my reviewz! I explained it in tha 3/16 PO! He hookin’ up wit Marc, again, fa a remix! Collab remix, we got here! Can’t wait ta hear!! >>> A spacey, slow start… I still think it sounds a lil’ too slow, despite tha build-up & drop… Anotha decent job with a remix, here… Nice collab; still can’t believe Eazy blew up! My Rating: 3.6


07. Klingande feat. M-22 “Somewhere New”
Ultra, here, with anotha one; let’s see… >>> Vocals are…, ehh…, for a start, but not too bad for tha slower-soundin’ music… Likin’ tha lyrics, despite tha vocalist soundin’ real young… I like when tha music kicks in, despite bein’ semi-decent… I hope to get more inta this one… I have a feelin’ that there can be a feelin’… So far, not too bad/above average… I like tha ending; definitely feelin’ tha vocals/sound!! My Rating: 4.1


08. Pitbull feat. Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis “Greenlight (TJR Radio Edit)”
Kinda got a listen of it and it’s pretty good for a mainstream party song… Let’s see what Mr. TJR did, here, courtesy of Mr. 305, Polo Grounds & RCA… >>> Just realized that Pitbull’s on this CD for tha 2nd time, already… Yeah, really feelin’ how LunchMoney comes through on tha chorus! As far as tha beginning, it sounded okay with tha Pitbull intro; nice drop & chorus, here! Decent Pitbull verse, here… Catchy verse from Flo Rida fa this track, here… Overall, not too bad… I almost wanna say it’s better than tha previous jointz, but prolly right behind “Somewhere New”… My Rating: 3.9


09. Felix Jaehn feat. Alma “Bonfire (Chris Lake Remix)”
Ooh, a remix, tho I’ono if it needs one? Casablanca & Republic, here, once again… >>> A decent effort, but I’ont think it really needed a remix… I see that there’s a bunch of repeat songs on this CD, surprisingly… I have a feelin’ ½’ll prolly not need remixes; this kicks that off! Beats do get a lil’ cool at 1:32, tho… My Rating: 3.2


½time: Well, so far, an excellent start, tho tha CD done turned into a decent CD… Still, tha average CD rating’s at a 4.0; nice job, PO! I have a feelin’ tha next ½ gon have ½ decent/below-average, while tha other ½ gon prolly be excellent or just about that!! Fa now, a special bathroom intermission!! *Leaves room at 5:44 PM…* *Returns at 5:59 PM…* Wow, my life’s unreal!!!


10. Christina Aguilera “Telepathy (Rare Candy Radio Edit)”
RCA, here; ain’t even realize she had a new song out… Let’s see how this goes, during tha slower dance/EDM times… >>> Sounds like it gon sound like deep or disco house… No exposure fa an original version? Surprised her & Britney are on tha same PO again! Last time was tha 12/08 PO! “Womanizer” vs. “Keeps Getting Better”! I remembered!! Of course, I did!! Feelin’ tha beat when it sounds like tha ‘90s… Overall, just decent fa me… My Rating: 3.5


11. Feenixpawl & APEK feat. Karra “Quicksand (Didrick Remix)”
Tha 2nd repeat song, here, courtesy of Eclypse… >>> A slow start…; reminds me of tha year ending… Oh yeah, no Karra on tha feature, this time? Weird… Drop ain’t too bad; nice ta hear, but it could’ve been a newer song… My Rating: 3.8


12. JoJo “Fuck Apologies (Jump Smokers Remix Edit)”
Speakin’ of “unreal,” look at this!! Lol, JoJo with tha “fuck?!” Can’t wait ta hear!! JS on tha remix; questioning? Prolly not, fa tha 2K16!! Atlantic Records, here… >>> Long intro’s got me at a suspense… So far, sounds decent, but heartfelt… I’ono if it can make perfect sense ta me… Vocals are kinda fast and tha music’s tight; don’t think they go together? Kinda catchy on tha chorus, here… And, tha drop’s pretty random, here… I guess tha title was tha biggest surprise here? My Rating: 3.4


13. Ollin Kan feat. Kiam Chan “Quiet Nights (Florian Paetzoid Radio Edit)”
Hope it’s good fa only 123 BPM… First time I’m seein’ an Ollin on a PO…; will they be good? Black Hole Recordings gon kick dat off!! >>> Sounds like it can be a good slow song… Drop doesn’t sound too bad… I’ono how much I fuck wit a violin on a slow dance song… Either way, it’s on tha decent tip fa me… Kinda sounds better with that different vocalist, or however that sounds at 2:10, at least… My Rating: 3.6


14. No Way Back feat. Le Youth “Back2Life”
I have a feelin’ it gon be a remake? Please, no!! Eclypse on tha label, so, maybe not? Only 120 BPM and a long intro… >>> Not a remake sound but it sounds weird with these vocals… Tha slow beat sounds good fa a plain beat… Still, what’s with all tha decent-soundin’ songs? I’ono what I gon do wit all these slow songs and their plain drops? My Rating: 3.5


15. Cash Cash & Digital Farm Animals feat. Nelly “Millionaire (FTampa Remix)”
I dug FTampa’s “That Drop” from last year. Now, only a 110-produced tempo? A remix, here… Big Beat & Atlantic, here… >>> Again, on a decent tip… I dig tha party sound, but yeah, pretty good… Even doin’ a lil’ Nelly samplin’ toward tha end with “Ride Wit Me”, lol… My Rating: 3.7


16. Vicetone “Anywhere I Go”
Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! Can we get past tha decency, lol?! Spinnin’ on tha label, of course!! C’mon!! C’mon!! 108 BPM?! C’mon!! C’mon!! >>> I ain’t see a vocalist, so I instantly thought it was gon be an instrumental song. However, we have vocals… Beats sound pretty nice and tha vocals are nice… Tha chorus sounds pretty nice, here; definitely better than tha previous shit on here… Tha drop ain’t too bad, but it’s nice ta have somethin’ new out, especially from these boyz! Catchy-soundin’, unknown female vocals, overall… My Rating: 4.4


17. Kygo feat. Julia Michaels “Carry Me”
Do I recognize tha vocalist’s name? *Checks…* Oh yeah, tha “Invincible”, “Wildfire” & “Surrender” vocalist! I almost thought it was tha one with CyberSutra from ’09, lol… Either way, an okay song on Music Choice Dance, courtesy of Ultra. I had liked Kygo’s music a lil’ more, it seemed like, back then? Maybe not… This looks like it’ll be rated better than tha rest of ‘em, except tha cheesy “Stay” (1/16 PO). Kinda slow; nothin’ really special-special, tho… Okay music near tha end, but nothin’ much… My Current Rating: 3.0


18. The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey “Closer (R3hab Remix Radio Edit)”
Anotha repeat one on here, courtesy of Disruptor & Columbia. Ehh, this ain’t need a slow remix… >>> Drop’s random; decent, but nothin’ ta look forward to… My Rating: 2.4


19. Era Istrefi “Bonbon (English Version Radio Edit)”
Lol, lovin’ this one, randomly! A random Party 105 add, but most importantly, Ultra’s in charge of dis one! Do I have tha full English version? Don’t know… Lemme hear this PO version, tha full English version… >>> Okay, it kinda has a few English words in tha beginning, compared to tha original version… I’ono, I think it sounds sexier on tha original version when it’s ½ English… Still, nice, random, silly-soundin’, but hot drop! Just luvin’ how tha vocals sound and how random they are with tha words, at times! Great slow beat ta back it up, too! I like how tha beginning part repeated around 2:18; good shit! I like how tha ending sounded, included that it seemed colder than usual, lol. My Rating: 4.2


Overall: I wasn’t too thrilled with most of this CD, unfortunately. Too many slow songs, as always; too many repeat songs, as they didn’t need remixes; too many hit-mixed songs, as I’d rather hear new dance! Also, only 19 tracks? Couldn’t pull a 21, 22, or even a 23? Still, it was an exciting review, so I guess that counts? Not sure how all these jointz gon do wit me… We shall see!


Rankings:

19.       The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey “Closer (R3hab Remix Radio Edit)” 2.4
18.       Kygo feat. Julia Michaels “Carry Me” 3.0
17.       Felix Jaehn feat. Alma “Bonfire (Chris Lake Remix)” 3.2
16.       JoJo “Fuck Apologies (Jump Smokers Remix Edit)” 3.4
15.       Christina Aguilera “Telepathy (Rare Candy Radio Edit)” 3.5
14.       No Way Back feat. Le Youth “Back2Life” 3.5
13.       Ollin Kan feat. Kiam Chan “Quiet Nights (Florian Paetzoid Radio Edit)” 3.6
12.       Britney Spears feat. G-Eazy “Make Me (Marc Stout & Tony Arzadon Radio Edit)” 3.6
11.        Cash Cash & Digital Farm Animals feat. Nelly “Millionaire (FTampa Remix)” 3.7
10.       Tinashe “Superlove (Cutmore Edit)” 3.7
09.       Feenixpawl & APEK feat. Karra “Quicksand (Didrick Remix)” 3.8
08.       Deorro feat. Pitbull & Elvis Crespo “Bailar (Remix)” 3.9
07.       Pitbull feat. Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis “Greenlight (TJR Radio Edit)” 3.9
06.       Klingande feat. M-22 “Somewhere New” 4.1
05.       Era Istrefi “Bonbon (English Version Radio Edit)” 4.2
04.       Fedde Le Grand feat. Erene “Immortal (Leroy Styles Remix Radio Edit)” 4.3
03.   Vicetone “Anywhere I Go” 4.4
02.   Giuseppe Ottaviani & Christian Burns “Brightheart” 4.7
01.   Nicky Romero feat. Colton Avery “Take Me” 4.8


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      71.7
Total Songs:                      / 19
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.8


Basically, I only care about my 4.0+’s!