FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Review #1,579: Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2016

Reviewed on 11.02.2016 (Review #1,579)


Didn’t look at tha tracklisting, so I’m anticipatin’ what we have, here! Seen it on my doorstep, yesterday & was surprised! Earliest eva fa a following-month edition? November 1st?! Excellent!! Undeniable!! Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2016!! Can’t wait ta hear!! Decided to not even look at tha tracklisting & so far, I went 100% sneak peek-free, as usually, when I review a CD, I accidentally look at somethin’ that might be on tha CD!! So, we’re at a perfect start!!! Crazy!!! Startin’ this at 5:23 PM, my boy, A1 Wissel birthday time (5:23)!!! Start Time: 5:23 PM | End Time: 7:21 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2016 CD Review (Review #1,579) reviewed on 11.02.2016 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Solano & Landis “Trouble”
Just startin’ tha review off, without even lookin’ at tha 1st track’s info on here!! >>> Sounds like somethin’ “brand new,” but somethin’ familiar…! Oh, just luvin’ how it sounds like Delaney Jane, here! Definitely feelin’ tha chorus a whole lot with these lyrics! Definitely feelin’ tha regular-soundin’ music, here; sounds euphoric, but tough, lol?! *Looks at ID…* Not Delaney, but definitely somethin’ great ta hear!! Solano & Landis “Trouble”, released on AfterCluv! My Rating: 4.6


02. Anne-Marie “Alarm (Cahill Radio Edit)”
Goin’ to make it anotha one I don’t see tha tracklist!! >>> Definitely feelin’ tha music start a whole lot, and it sounds like somethin’ I do know!! Remix of somethin’?! Oh yeah, tha Anne-Marie song? *Checks ID…* Yup, Cahill Radio Edit!! Released on Major Tom’s, Asylum & Atlantic Records! ROFL, this remix makes me actually appreciate this song a whole lot more!! My Rating: 4.9 (LMAO, wow!!)


03. Deorro feat. DyCy “Goin’ Up”
A decent new one, here; nothin’ much ta say, on its first reaction… Ultra, here; here’s a re-listen… >>> Kinda ehh with tha vocals, at times, but kinda nice, too! Feelin’ tha music; can’t deny, at times… Lots of “ooh”s! Acceptable, of course! Nothin’ much else ta say… My Rating: 4.4


04. Nicky Romero & Navarra “Crossroads”
Ooh, anotha new single?! Can’t wait ta hear this one, too! Anotha Protcol Recordings release!! >>> Sounds special! Definitely feelin’ tha high energy throughout tha 1st verse! Tha chorus’ pretty serious, too, with its vibe & strong drop!! Ooh, definitely crazy-soundin’!! Definitely feelin’ how tha 2nd verse soundin’, too! Real special CD vibe, here!! Anotha great single after “Take Me”!! I expect more from “Take Me”’s exposure, tho! C’mon!! You can pull through!! :/ My Rating: 4.7


05. Chace & Moski “For A Day”
A new Robbins song, here; definitely gon be exciting!! >>> Gonna have a deep-house feelin’, here? Distorted vocals, here; not what I expected at all… Beat definitely sounds like it can be catchy… And, tha drop ain’t too bad, here… More of a Spinnin’ style fa me than Robbins, tho! Still, a plus from me! My Rating: 4.3


06. Cazzette “Static (Mathiew Koss Radio Edit)”
PRMD on tha label, here; hopefully, this’ll be unique! Hopefully…! >>> Likin’ that they finally went with a female on tha vocals, this time! Also, sounds nice durin’ tha chorus, too! Also, nice and energetic drop fa a Cazzette song/remix! Definitely sounds like somethin’ special with these vocals and this energetic music! My Rating: 4.5


07. Bastille “Good Grief (Don Diablo Radio Edit)”
And, they got anotha one, here, off Virgin & Capitol’s block… Lookin’ forward? I’ono… Surprise me! >>> Just an ehh start fa me… I don’t wanna fully hate; it still has its ups fa me… Tha drop sounds nice, tho, but yeah, more on tha above-average side fa me, mainly for its guilty pleasureness… … … … My Rating: 3.8


08. Crystal Waters feat. Sted-E & Hybrid Heights “Believe”
A new collab between these two sets of people, here! SE&HH mainly known for their SeaToSun Recordings releases a few years ago… Remixes, ya know, that kinda stuff… Now, it’s 418 on tha label! >>> It sounds nice and fresh, here, fa tha current dance world we livin’ in, now! It has a chill vibe with tha vocals & hearin’ tha chorus, it sounds like it’s a remake of tha ‘90s, too! Kinda good feelin’, regardless, surprisingly! Crystal was from tha ‘90s, so it’s only right to bring it back! Love how it’s makin’ me BUG out while playin’ in The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past! Room in tha last dungeon with all tha blocks!!

Crazy!! I’m buggin’! This sounds like somethin’ special to just get through bad vibes!! My Rating: 4.4


09. Wax Motif & Vindata “Crazy”
Hits HARD on tha label, with capitalized “HARD,” lol! Thought it was gon be a remix to anotha “Crazy” song that’s out, now, but looks like we won’t be near disappointin’, here!! I just know that feelin’!!! >>> A slower vibe, here, but it sounds pretty hot with these mysterious-soundin’ female vocals! Sounds pretty intense tha closer it gets to tha drop!! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkk @ tha hypnotizin’ drop!!!!! A+++++!!! Definitely undeniable on tha sound, here!! Fuckin’ incredible!! Intense & crazy style, mixin’ tha trap with tha house!! Close contender fa tha top spot!!! My Rating: 4.9


10. Alesso “Take My Breath Away”
Feel like it gon be remake-y or somethin’, courtesy of Def Jam… >>> Really likin’ tha vocals in tha beginning, here; can’t deny why it’s here! Sounds much betta than I expected! Feelin’ how tha female sings it & tha music’s pretty unique fa this 121 BPM pace! Really feelin’ how it sounds on tha drop, too! It’s easily, like, top-notch shit, here! My Rating: 4.6


½time: Not 100% sure if this tha official spot fa tha ½time, yet—10 songs in—but I feel like it iz… I ain’t even see how many tracks are on here, still! We have a 4.5-rated CD, with only one track under 4.0!! Can’t wait ta continue!!!


11. Breathe Carolina & Crossnaders “Stable”
Anotha blind review! Wonder what it can be?! >>> Sounds like a nice male voice, here, with an Axwell feel in tha beginning? OMG @ tha music on tha 1st verse!! Nice and fast with a unique-soundin’ male, here!! That beginning part kinda threw me off, as well as tha chorus, but I’m definitely feelin’ tha rest of it!! Ooh, drop time, lol!! Pretty intense!! Slowed-down trap shit!! Wow!! Not much goin’ on with tha 2nd verse like tha 1st verse, but those faster vibes were still there!! After listenin’ to it, I’m gonna finally look at tha ID! *Checks ID…* I knew it sounded like them but didn’t wanna guess and fail, lol! Spinnin’ on tha label & a stellar 140 BPMs!!! My Rating: 4.6


12. Neikid “Sexual”
Here comes anotha blind review… >>> Ehh, I think this gon be a lil’ lousy fa me… I can tell tha BPM’s slow, here, and it sounds like it’s a remix to somethin’? I’ll still try and stay interested, but I’ono… It sounds more disco-y but more like an automatic mainstream song, here… I’ono, kinda 50/50 fa me… Yeah, kinda feel good about this one, even tho I kinda feel odd? *Checks ID…* So random!! At least it’s a completely new artist/song! Casablanca & Republic on tha label… Only 108 BPM! 3:07 on tha length!! Tha fuck…?!? Lol, sour luck!!! My Rating: 3.6


13. Bakermat feat. Chevrae & Dumang “Dreamreacher”
Likin’ everything goin’ on, here…? Only 105 BPM? Hope it ain’t terrible fa Ultra, here… >>> Don’t really fuck with tha way this sounds, a lil’, but I’m likin’ its vibe, here, with these vocals! Makes me think of all tha times in tha past! A lil’ softer on tha drop, but still pretty mint! Damn!! This got me thinkin’ back ta ’04 & ’08!! Dayz that seemed like tha other day ta me! *Sad thoughts…* Where’d all tha time go?! Tha world was always tha same for a while! My Rating: 4.2


14. Kream feat. Clara Mae “Taped-Up Heart”
Looks like it can be tha female version of tha previous song, fa me? Only 104 BPM & with Big Beat & Atlantic! >>> Sounds like it can be a good new song… Some parts sound like Nadia Ali on tha vocals, here, so that can always be a good thing! Tha lyrics sound R&Bish and it sounds pretty catchy on tha chorus/drop… Its lyrics may be tough to deal with, but its vibe makes tha future look bright/neva give up on positive moments! Startin’ to feel this interesting vibe fa tha dance world, here! Definitely a plus! My Rating: 4.3


15. Cheat Codes & Dante Klein “Let Me Hold You (Turn Me On)”
Lol, how silly to appear on here! Party 105 got, Music Choice Dance/EDM got, and it’s here, now… Spinnin’! Speakin’ of me thinkin’ about ’04, earlier, looka here: Kevin Lyttle! “Turn Me On”, like, really? Remakin’ that?! Lol, no remakin’ Spraga Benz’s lil’ parts in between, tho… For a random add, it just has a nice lil’ vibe; that’s it… My Current Rating: 4.0


16. Alessia Cara “Scars To Your Beautiful (NOTD Remix)”
I did think this needed a remix! Hope 102 BPM’s good enough ta pull through! Def Jam, here… >>> Feelin’ tha lyrics, as it’s like, you gotta try and make it in life without those demons gettin’ to you! As far as this remix, it’s kinda plain; nothin’ much goin’ on with it… Liked tha “Wild Things” remix better, courtesy of NuKid! Hate to see this be tha worst one on this CD ‘cause tha word “worst” doesn’t apply to this song, in a way… It’s just a statistic on here, according to my ratings! *Gasp* My Rating: 3.5


17. SeeB feat. Jacob Banks “What Do You Love”
Ooh, a new song by them!! Can’t believe how much “Breathe” got played from me, when I thought it was a decent song, at first! Song became one of, prolly, my top 10 most-played of this year! Now, a new one, courtesy of Island! Hope it’s as surprisingly good fa only 96 BPM! Appears in my iTunes as 3:26, my manager’s birthday on tha length! Oh, boy!! I think “Breathe” was tha same length, too!! >>> We got a deeper vocal sound, here… Not sure how this gon turn out, but it’s just like how “Breathe” went for me, at first… Kinda sounds like an anthem of some sorta and tha beat ain’t too bad throughout tha 1st verse/chorus… I feel like when I add this song, it’s gonna find luck in some way to get buku spins with me! Definitely feelin’ tha drop! Their drops really put me in some ‘notha zone!! Can’t believe last year, on tha December ’15 CD, we first heard SeeB on tha final track of tha 2015 year, “I Took A Pill In Ibiza”! Who would’ve thought it’d be so big? Now, that slow vibe has taken tha world by storm! Each PO since tha December ’15 one has slow songs endin’ each issue now, lol!! You know…; mysterious!! I feel like tha near-endings of most of tha CDs released this year had unique slow songs of 90 – 119 BPM! My Rating: 4.5


18. Steve James feat. RKCB “In My Head”
Looks familiar, but I recognize tha DJ, here… Only 95 BPM & Seeking Blue on tha label… >>> This vibe kinda slow, here; it’s only okay, so far… Had a feelin’ tha drop was gon uplift tha sound, here, and it did! Real slow vibe throughout tha 1st verse and chorus till tha drop came in… Also, its entrance sounded just like James’ previous single, “Renaissance”! Can’t believe that’s a “previous,” already! Ehh, decent, tho it made tha 3.5 song better, lol! My Rating: 3.2


19. Louis The Child feat. Evalyn “Fire”
I wanna like it but I’ono about only 89 BPM! Ultra, here; hope it’s good! >>> Likin’ tha beginning music, so far, as well as these innocent vocals… “Innocent?” Might be a lil’ too slow fa me ta really appreciate it… Tha drop ain’t too bad, here… Ta me, tha tempo just sounds like a dancehall track… Tha trap-soundin’ drop’s pretty nice; great sounds… Diggin’ tha lyrics on tha 2nd verse about tha “red wine” & tha “long night;” definitely nice! My Rating: 3.7


20. Rihanna “Love On The Brain (Don Diablo Remix)”
Only 80 BPM? I don’t get it… Roc Nation & Def Jam on tha labels… >>> Wanna like tha beat start, here, with its beginning, here… Prolly could’ve been a different artist, like, a dance artist that Don Diablo would’ve remixed, here… It’s okay for a remixed song and tha drop ain’t too bad… Likin’ when tha vocals dub in and out; not too bad… My Rating: 3.4


Overall: Wow, can’t believe Rihanna ended off tha CD & tha year!! Usually, she starts a year or a CD off!! But yeah, I thought this review went over very well! Most of tha ending tracks kinda were too slow fa me and ain’t have much of a spark, but a good portion of this CD aced it!! Can’t wait ta play all these special songs on here!!


Rankings:

20.       Steve James feat. RKCB “In My Head” 3.2
19.       Rihanna “Love On The Brain (Don Diablo Remix)” 3.4
18.       Alessia Cara “Scars To Your Beautiful (NOTD Remix)” 3.5
17.       Neikid “Sexual” 3.6
16.       Louis The Child feat. Evalyn “Fire” 3.7
15.       Bastille “Good Grief (Don Diablo Radio Edit)” 3.8
14.       Cheat Codes & Dante Klein “Let Me Hold You (Turn Me On)” 4.0
13.       Bakermat feat. Chevrae & Dumang “Dreamreacher” 4.2
12.       Kream feat. Clara Mae “Taped-Up Heart” 4.3
11.        Chace & Moski “For A Day” 4.3
10.       Deorro feat. DyCy “Goin’ Up” 4.4
09.       Crystal Waters feat. Sted-E & Hybrid Heights “Believe” 4.4
08.       Cazzette “Static (Mathiew Koss Radio Edit)” 4.5
07.       SeeB feat. Jacob Banks “What Do You Love” 4.5
06.       Alesso “Take My Breath Away” 4.6
05.       Solano & Landis “Trouble” 4.6
04.       Breathe Carolina & Crossnaders “Stable” 4.6
03.   Nicky Romero & Navarra “Crossroads” 4.7
02.   Anne-Marie “Alarm (Cahill Radio Edit)” 4.9
01.   Wax Motif & Vindata “Crazy” 4.9


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                     84.1
Total Songs:                      / 20
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.2