FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Review #1,606: Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2017

Reviewed on 12.15.2016 (Review #1,606)


Got myself ready for tha next Promo Only review! This gon be tha 1st one for 2K17! It’s Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2017! Two years ago, I reviewed tha 2015 one on my boy, Doe-Doe’s birthday (January 20). Now, today, I’m reviewin’ tha January 2017 one on his son’s birthday (December 15). Can’t wait to get to this, includin’ that I got a new connect for edibles! Should enhance tha reviewz!! Start Time: 4:07 PM | End Time: 5:42 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2016 CD Review (Review #1,606) reviewed on 12.15.2016 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Tritonal & Sj “Hung Up”
Kickin’ it off wit this and speakin’ of January 20, 120 BPM! “120”!! Track “1” of “20”, too!! Crazy!! Enhanced Recordings, here, with a decent Music Choice Dance add… Odd how not an error, but Sj’s name doesn’t have a capital “J”… Lemme rehear for tha review… >>> Vocals are nice and tha music’s okay, here… I don’t have much to say, but I don’t really fuck wit Tritonal havin’ a more slower sound… I appreciated their powerful energy anthems!! My Current Rating: 3.6


02. Robin Schulz & David Guetta feat. Cheat Codes “Shed A Light”
A Parolphone/Atlantic collaboration, here; anotha decent one! >>> I’ve liked all tha other Cheat Codes songs betta but it’s always good to have anotha one! Music kinda plain and slow, but it’s good… My Current Rating: 4.0


03. Martin Solveig feat. Ina Wroldsen “Places”
Heard of tha featured artist before… I remember tha song but I can’t think of what it iz, at tha moment… *Checks iTunes…* Oh yeah, of course it wasn’t gonna click right away, due to them always bein’ uncredited… Ms. “How Deep Is Your Love” with Calvin Harris + Disciples from last year! Neva got ta hear, so let’s see, brought to you by Casablanca & Republic… >>> Sounds exciting fa a M-Solveig song; definitely diggin’ tha “How Deep Is Your Love” voice! Has a good sound to it with tha “places” and shit; all about visiting! Drop kinda plain, but it sounds good, still… I still think this sounds nice, catchy & pure, in its ways! My Rating: 4.3


04. Elephante feat. Brandyn Burnette “Plans”
Elephante holdin’ down his self-released tracks! Can’t wait for anotha new song, here! >>> Tha intro sounds like tha male version of “Closer” with that grain-y start… I’ono, I can’t say nothin’ negative or special about it, but I have to say that it has a good vibe to it, while in tha zone!! Almost kinda tropical-like? Nice shit! It’s gonna seem funny but I can’t wait for this to get released, lol!! My Rating: 4.4


05. KDA feat. Tinashe “Just Say”
Let’s see what this gon be ‘bout, courtesy of RCA… >>> I can’t “say” anythang negative about this, yet; I think it sounds nice… Beat ain’t too bad and ain’t too plain for a newer song… And, Tinashe kinda holdin’ it down, here… Funny how I can’t wait fa this to get released, too! Even tho I got up from my nap and jumped right into this CD review, I have to say, this CD’s really changed my weird mood to a special one!! My Rating: 4.3


06. Riton & Kah-Lo “Betta Riddim”
Can’t wait to hear; trippy as fuck?! eOne doin’ tha signin’, this time! >>> I know it’s comin’!! Trippiness!! Of course, catchy, unexpected-soundin’ vocals from our Kah-Lo! Really feelin’ tha catchiness of all tha random vibes, here! “One time fa tha lit ones!” Not tha lil’, but tha lit! “Who’s daddy? Who’s mommy?” How random!! Good-ole God, lol! Really random after tha 2nd verse! Luvin’ tha breakdown after tha 2nd verse!! Glad they pulled anotha one off after they rinsed & repeated, lol!! My Rating: 4.6


07. Dëhasse feat. Mark Le Sal “Reaction”
Nice to see some Dëhasse exposure, finally, on a PO, after a few previous singles! Tha royal Xtravaganza on tha label, with PO forgettin’ to credit Mark Le Sal on tha feature! I’ono, nothin’ too crazy but nothin’ negative about it. It just sounds like a nice lil’ dance song that’s not too slow! Catchy male vocals and a jammin’, consistent, regular-soundin’ beat! My Current Rating: 4.4


08. John Legend “Love Me Now (Dave Audé Radio Edit)”
I’ono what to say… Columbia, here… >>> A lotta spacin’ out, randomly, while playin’ a lil’ Tony Hawk for PlayStation on my computer, while reviewin’… I have to say, even tho it’s just John Legend, Dave did a nice job with this remix! Gotta luv tha catchy beats and excellent drop!! Even tho I think he cheesy and a lil’ played out, now-a-dayz, I have to say, this his best one in a while!! Did tha high help, lol?! My Rating: 4.5


09. Vanrip “Music Sounds Better With You”
Anotha Enhanced Recordings track on this CD, even tho this looks like a remake? I’ono what to say, again…!! >>> Sounds like it in tha beat in tha beginning… Tha chorus tha same, but I’m likin’ this more-energetic version! Crazy how tha original version was a lil’ before when my music passion started and now, it’s, like, 20 years-old?! Whaaa………?!? Excellent-soundin’ drop; definitely feels great! Can’t believe a remake/cover’s winnin’ me over, lol! My Rating: 4.3


10. Giorgio Moroder feat. Karen Harding “Good For Me”
Here comes a new one, courtesy of a Party 105 random appearance! Caught it and it was on, lol! Casablanca, here, with a nice-soundin’ dance track! Diggin’ those Black Eyed Peas “Shut Up”-like beginning vocals! That’s what it reminds me of, lol! And, pluses to tha energy in tha beat, here! My Current Rating: 4.4


½time: I think this sounds like an excellent CD, here! Pretty-much each song has surprised me in each of its own wayz!! Definitely feelin’ all tha surprises!! A 4.3-rated CD, currently!! Let’s get it!!


11. DVBBS & CMC$ feat. Gia Koka “Not Going Home”
I feel like it gon be tha next big Spinnin’ song fa me! Lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this new collaboration!! >>> Really feelin’ these catchy vocals! They’re R&Bish but also, dance-y and I’m diggin’ tha combination! Somethin’ special in how this sounds with tha vocals, lyrics & beat, here; it’s tha perfect combination! Drop’s dope, too! My Rating: 4.5


12. Mako & Rat City feat. Natalola “Run For Your Life (Shorter Radio Edit)”
Somethin’ tells me that I can’t wait ta hear this one! This and its 104 BPM-ass, lol! Ultra, here; leggo!! >>> Vocals sound pretty nice and almost sound like a remake or somethin’… And, a nice lil’ strong drop, too! Definitely pure! Gotta luv err-body’s risks at producin’ slower tracks, but it works! Definitely nice!! My Rating: 4.6


13. Peking Duk feat. Elliphant “Stranger”
Ain’t realize it could be a special one!! RCA, here, with a “You Are Like Nobody Else” Duk and tha UK’s unique Elliphant!! >>> Sounds like it could be real special or somethin’!! Really feelin’ tha beginning, here! Definitely know there’s a top-rated feeling, here!! Tha chorus sounds good; I can dig it… Let’s see if this can keep it up!! Yeah, tha drop’s pretty intense and draggin’ you in like a current!! I think we got a good one for a ***PERFECTLY-RATED song***, lol!! My Rating: 5.0


14. Krewella “Team”
A new one from them that I couldn’t find till now, thanx to its early dose of exposure! Columbia, here, with anotha mid-speed song from them! >>> Has a good sound to it in tha background… Kinda sounds silly but I’m definitely diggin’ it with tha sound, here! It’s almost like guts come outta that mid-speed sound in tha drops! My Rating: 4.6


15. Clean Bandit feat. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie “Rockabye”
A unique one that I had to catch onto, fast! Big Beat & Atlantic, here… When Clean Bandit are on POs, it almost seems like they catch tha best levels of highs with me! Interestin’ collaboration, great Anne contribution & tha beat’s crazy! Love it in all ways!! ROFL, tryna throw my high a curveball? No random Sean Paul moments during tha drop, lol? Also, a shorter Sean Paul verse? Interestin’… My Current Rating: 4.7


16. Far East Movement x Marshmello feat. Chanyeol & Tinashe “Freal Luv”
Kinda ehh with tha beginning thoughts of it… However, re-hearin’ it on here and it’s soundin’ like its own, unique anthem! Bugs Music & eOne on tha label, here… If it wasn’t for it bein’ on here, I wouldn’t’ve paid too much attention to this, but it’s almost like this a bonus… Tinashe gettin’ a lotta dance-music exposure… Her 2nd appearance on this CD, lol! And, tha random Korean rappin’, too! My Current Rating: 4.2


17. Adventure Club feat. Sara Diamond “Firestorm”
Oh, boy!! My manager’s birthday of 3:26 on tha length!! Ooh, crazy when it happens! BMG, here, with a new single from them! Can’t wait ta hear, even tho only 70 BPM?! >>> Sounds like a pretty intense and strong beginning! Definitely feelin’ what we got goin’ on, here, wit tha royal sound! Tha chorus iz pretty tight and so iz this trap-soundin’ drop! A lil’ hypnotizin’ vs. a lil’ hip-hoppin’! Crazy-soundin’ song, overall!! Near my top-rated!! My Rating: 4.9


18. Seven Lions & Echos “Cold Skin”
And, anotha huge one, here, courtesy of Monstercat!! First heard on a night off edibles and I had to go check out what I was listenin’ to! I knew somethin’ was up!! And, here’s this, somethin’ so special, lol!! Really feelin’ tha dark, trippy & crazy vibe with tha vocals and beatz!! Even tho at times, I want faster beat parts, it still sounds nice with its trippy vibes! I feel like it’s this winter’s anthem with me drivin’ through so much snow bullshit during tha night!! My Current Rating: 4.9
EDIT: After about 10 minutes or so, I finally rated it, lol! A 4.9!!!


19. Breathe Carolina x IZII “Echo (Let Go)”
Anotha new one from Breathe Carolina, lol! So much consistentness!! It’s unbelievable!! Spinnin’, here!! Can’t wait ta hear!! >>> Sounds like it gon be somethin’ special based off tha beat, here… Their “Stars & Moon”’s playing in tha background of Music Choice Dance, right now, as I review this! What timing!! Sounds like special vocals, here! And, tha chorus sounds pretty nice! Luv how everyone’s singles that they droppin’s real special!! I feel like I’ve heard it from somewhere, before! Crazy drop!! Definitely a sick song!! Luv how they decided to not sing on their own track; interestin’ move… I actually don’t mind them, but am surprised that they’re not singin’ on this track! Excellent, either way!! My Rating: 4.8


20. Alison Wonderland “Messiah”
And, we gon end it with a queen to me?! Astralwerks, here, expectin’ a CRAZY new single from her!!! >>> Sounds like a special start with this quiet beat!! And, luvin’ how Alison sounds on this, too! Hope this one gets some exposure!! Just luvin’ it based off of less than 40 seconds in!! Tha chorus pretty nice, drop’s pretty sick and tha title part’s crazy!! Just luv her vocals, what she comes up with and everything!! Definitely one of my favorite ending songs to a CD eva?!? OMG, tha music sounds so special to where I almost feel like I wanna faint or somethin’ crazy!! Definitely feelin’ what she bringin’ to tha table!! My Rating: 5.0


Overall: I think I have tha highest score/average eva!! OMG, does that mean I gon have tha best January 2017, lol?! Really brought a lot to tha table, here!! Now, this how you make a CD!! I ain’t know what ta expect, at first, tho I felt confident!! So many anthems!! Can’t believe I only rated tha Tritonal/1st song not a 4.0, even tho tha 2nd song, I almost did!


Rankings:

20.       Tritonal & Sj “Hung Up” 3.6
19.       Robin Schulz & David Guetta feat. Cheat Codes “Shed A Light” 4.0
18.       Far East Movement x Marshmello feat. Chanyeol & Tinashe “Freal Luv” 4.2
17.       Martin Solveig feat. Ina Wroldsen “Places” 4.3
16.       Vanrip “Music Sounds Better With You” 4.3
15.       KDA feat. Tinashe “Just Say” 4.3
14.       Dëhasse feat. Mark Le Sal “Reaction” 4.4
13.       Giorgio Moroder feat. Karen Harding “Good For Me” 4.4
12.       Elephante feat. Brandyn Burnette “Plans”  4.4
11.        John Legend “Love Me Now (Dave Audé Radio Edit)” 4.5
10.       DVBBS & CMC$ feat. Gia Koka “Not Going Home” 4.5
09.       Krewella “Team” 4.6
08.       Mako & Rat City feat. Natalola “Run For Your Life (Shorter Radio Edit)” 4.6
07.       Riton & Kah-Lo “Betta Riddim” 4.6
06.       Clean Bandit feat. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie “Rockabye” 4.7
05.       Breathe Carolina x IZII “Echo (Let Go)” 4.8
04.       Adventure Club feat. Sara Diamond “Firestorm” 4.9
03.   Seven Lions & Echos “Cold Skin” 4.9
02.   Alison Wonderland “Messiah” 5.0
01.   Peking Duk feat. Elliphant “Stranger” 5.0


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      90.0
Total Songs:                      / 20
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.5


My favorite PO review eva!! Calhounin’ tha future fa 2017!! Frank Calhoune!!