FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Review #1,610: Promo Only: Dance Radio February 2017

Reviewed on 1.22.2017 (Review #1,610)


Seems like it came quick, but I’m definitely ready for it!! Promo Only: Dance Radio February 2017 iz here!! Earlier, two weeks ago, from January 9 – 15, I was countin’ down my 17th annual year-end countdown, my Top 578 Songs of 2016 & it was a great year for dance/EDM music! I even recapped my Top 578 Songs of 2016 just two dayz ago and even tho I stumbled on a few songs, I came back and I got 578 of 578 correct… WHILE ON EDIBLES!!! Tha smartness neva dies!! Now, we’re at a new year and we’re gonna make it somethin’ special! Wonder what I’ll witness on this CD? Any perfect-rated tracks? We shall see! Lemme just get into this! Happy Birthday to my boy, outta Baton Rouge/ATL, King Sav!! Start Time: 4:04 PM | End Time: 6:04 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2017 CD Review (Review #1,610) reviewed on 1.22.2017 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. The Chainsmokers feat. Emily Warren “Paris”
Wasn’t sure who was on tha feature till I had to check online… Uncredited vocals from our Emily Warren, Ms. “Capsize” and also, from a previous Chainsmokers song with Tritonal, “Until You Were Gone”! Just Columbia on tha label (no Disruptor, this time? EDIT: Oh, I see it also says that it’s with Disruptor online; PO?!) and kickin’ off this PO with only 100 BPM! Neva got to really hear-hear it, so let’s see what tha hype iz all about! >>> Sometimes, I get confused with tha male vocals but then again, I forget it’s The Chainsmokers, themselves! I like how there’s a powerful, positive vibe goin’ on, here—“powerful,” I’ono ‘bout dat, but definitely sounds like a positive way to get away… Nice background vocals from Emily, here and there; good, bonus addition! Likin’ tha “show them we are” part, just like Emily’s “oh, my God” on “Capsize”! Nice lil’ bridge, too, about goin’ “down,” lol—ain’t mean that to come out tha wrong way! Definitely sounds like a nice vibe for a slow song…! My Rating: 4.3


02. Tiësto feat. Bright Sparks “On My Way”
Casablanca / Republic, here, with somethin’ new that just came out, tho I neva got to really hear it, yet… >>> Even tho it ain’t his style to appreciate, I have to admit, I do like this Robin Schulz sound in tha beginning! And, thought it was gonna be a typical, male-vocal song but I’m definitely diggin’/am surprised by these female vocals… And, surprisingly, more great music comin’ from someone who doesn’t fit this slowness! Definitely an exciting drop, lol! Goes good with tha Kungs/“This Girl”-like sound! Lol, I swear, tha “This Girl”-like sound can make it seem like it’s a special, random moment! My Rating: 4.7


03. Galantis “Pillow Fight”
Big Beat & Atlantic, here, of course… Once again, lol, anotha one that’s out there but I ain’t get no sample, yet! Surprise like Tiësto?! I think it’ll be a close one but not… >>> Sounds like interesting music & vocals goin’ on, here… I always been used to them with their weird-like kid/female vocals… This male vocal sounds like a nice, new, more-serious attempt, despite what I thought with this title, lol! Definitely feelin’ that chorus, in a way! And, anotha one with a nice drop!! Crazy how it “sounds fast,” after previously soundin’ slow, in a way! Only 128 BPM! Great job with anotha surprise! I swear, tha highs make tha premiere/first listens with me euphoric!! My Rating: 4.6


04. Florian Picasso x VASSY “Cracked Wall”
Fuck yeah, fuck yeah, fuck yeah!!! A Party 105 exclusive premiere, courtesy of tha mixshows, and here I am! Tha 1st song for me to get a full listen at my best friend, Cory’s house! And now, more exposure!! Yes!! Spinnin’ on tha label, here! Definitely diggin’ tha Florian sound, this time, even tho I’m used to his Protocol Recordings sound… Gotta luv tha Vassy vocals and these lyrics! Definitely huge, especially with that drop!! Fuckin’ continuously anthemic!!! My Current Rating: 4.9


05. Cosmic Gate & JES “Fall Into You”
Looks like it gon be anticipatin’ & excitin’! Not used to these bigger/better-soundin’ songs to be early in tha CD, since now, tha slower BPM songs are toward tha end, this time! But, definitely lookin’ forward ta this! Previous Cosmic Gate single with Eric Lumiere, “Edge Of Life” (9/16 PO), was signed with Wake Your Mind Records & Black Hole Recordings. Now, this just courtesy of Wake Your Mind? >>> Sounds like a good beginning with tha anticipatin’, quiet music with JES doin’ a nice job, as always! Expectin’ a lot with tha drop, since tha chorus has some quiet music continuin’, here… Sounds great but definitely need tha energy to come!! Sounds like some pure sounds comin’ after tha chorus, here… Sounds like a decent drop, even tho it took a whole 1:54 to reach! Definitely feelin’ its energy, at least! At least tha energetic music continues and gets better as tha track continues! Sounds great after all tha energy, as well! Lots of surprise comebacks, here, as far as my interest!! My Rating: 4.4


06. Britney Spears feat. Tinashe “Slumber Party (Bimbo Jones Remix Radio)”
Oh, boy, I’ono about Brit & Tinash, here…; RCA… >>> Just sounds cheesy; cheesy lyrics, even tho I do wanna feel younger!! I kinda like tha music on tha chorus ‘cause it’s faster than most music today, but ehh, not buzzin’ much interest fa me… Tinashe’s part sounds nice, here, even tho she’s kinda a ‘dance music guilty pleasure’ for me… My Rating: 3.7


07. Sigala & Digital Farm Animals “Only One”
Let’s see what’s poppin’, here, courtesy of Ultra Music! Can’t wait ta hear tha new single!! >>> Kinda sounds like a…, uh…, what could be a nu-disco track but it’s off to a decent start… Feels like I might’ve heard this from somewhere before? Either way, a pretty-new listen, here… Kinda like how tha drop’s pretty upbeat; can’t front on it… Sounds much betta as a drop after tha chorus part! Gonna try and keep my interest up there fa this one… My Rating: 4.2


08. Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar “The Greatest (KDA Radio Mix)”
Hmm…, I’ono about this one, either… I think PO should stay away from tha hit remixes… Monkey Puzzle & RCA, here… >>> Well, I’m likin’ this unique intro; almost feels like I’ve heard it from somewhere! This my 1st listen, tho; nice to start with Kendrick!! Lol, sounds great ta hear his rappin’ ova this beat! Nice lil’ random parts from Sia, here and there, over this unique, disco-soundin’ dance music… Surprisingly, tha random music surprised me, as well as tha Kendrick verse! Even more Kendrick rappin’ toward tha end! My Rating: 4.3


09. Myon & Fatum feat. Marcus Bently “Rain”
No Shane 54, lol? Random moment, right there! Different collab, but not one of them slow-ass ones that’s always out, these dayz? Ride40 on tha label; lookin’ 4ward to hearin’! >>> Tha feature I’ve heard before, even tho they remind me of country… Tha verse kinda ehh, at first, and then, tha pre-chorus & chorus sound nice… As far as tha drop, ehh, nice to have an upbeat one, even tho it only decent fa me… My Rating: 4.0


10. Niall Horan “This Town (Tiësto Remix)”
Anotha Tiësto appearance, here, lol… Capitol on tha label; not sure if I’m anticipatin’ this remix… >>> Yeah, I think we can pass wit this one… Nothin’ special about slower dance music, especially when Tiësto tries ta pull it off! Yeah, I can’t really feel anything with this remix/song. At times, I’d think there’s always somethin’ behind when songs are on here. However, I can’t find a reason with this one, at tha moment. Sometimes, tha music before tha chorus iz nice but other than that, ehh… My Rating: 3.4


11. Joe Bermudez feat. Amanda Brigham “Shadows”
Looks like some nice exposure to get Joe on here, courtesy of 617! Thought I might’ve heard this before, but didn’t consider it? Maybe, I waited till it got here or somethin’? Lemme hear… >>> Either sounds like it’s faster or somethin’? Sounds a lot betta than I thought it was gonna! Feelin’ when :46 comes; sounds like a top-notch Louise Carver-featured anthem! Sounds like a nice chorus, here! I’ono, but this sounds way better than I thought it would! My Rating: 4.8


½time: A 4.3-rated CD, so far!! Definitely have a good amount of quality tracks, here; so glad for tha impressive/unique!! Gotta love this CD, despite those two hit remixes that I ain’t fuck wit, that much!


12. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson “Just Hold On”
Lookin’ forward ta this one, courtesy of Ultra! Kinda heard a lil’ snippet or two and that’s why, I’m anticipatin’ it! >>> Sounds like nice, slow music with some good vocals… A good lil’ song, here; not much to say about it… Props for always bein’ about energy!! My Rating: 4.1


13. Dzeko feat. Sam James “Never Gonna Love Me”
Just like Shane 54, no Torres, lol? Anotha slice of solo action, here, courtesy of Eddie O Entertainment! >>> Sounds like a good lil’ slow song, so far… Likin’ tha weird drop, even tho I feel like it doesn’t go with tha slow start, lol? Tha rest sounds decent; nothin’ really else ta say… My Rating: 3.8


14. VENICE feat. Matthew Steeper “Naked”
Magik Muzik in tha buildin’, here, with a new track featuring a familiar vocalist from tha last February CD (“Open Your Eyes” with Club Banditz & Anthony Trainor)! When I see tha artist’s name, I think of “Venice (A Long Decay)” from Eckul & Blanco Son; dyslexic?! >>> Anotha strong vocal start, here, from this underdog… Definitely likin’ tha chorus part; sounds like nice, upbeat dance music, tha way I love it! Glad to see this CD speed up, after it was previously slowin’ down, like it always does! Likin’ tha drop, too! Anotha impressive track with Matt on it!! My Rating: 4.7
EDIT: Looked online and wow, PO, Venice’s with one “I”, not two…?


15. Puppet & Pierce Fulton “Just You”
Monstercat in tha buildin’, hopin’ to take over 2017, as well!! Let’s see if this gon be hit or miss for me? >>> Kinda ain’t know what to make with tha beginning part but hearin’ tha music and it sounds catchy… Vocals are a lil’ like somethin’ you gotta get used to, here… Feelin’ tha energy, at times; nice attempt… My Rating: 4.2
EDIT: Wow, totally missed tha enemy birthday on tha length!!


16. Savoir Adore “Paradise Gold”
Nettwerk in tha buildin’, here! Could be unique? Alternative-Dance? Electronica? Won’t know till I hear it! Wonder what’s tha special reason why this iz here…? Can’t wait ta find out! >>> Sounds like it’s somethin’ special in tha beginning! Nice start, here! This has a nice lil’ unique, alternative-dance vibe to it, here! Wasn’t sure which sound I was gonna hear when tha chorus came in, but it’s soundin’ pretty anticipatin’, here!! Really likin’ this one, here, in its unique, alternative-dance wayz!! Can’t wait ta play this one! Definitely gonna be worth tha hype!! Lovin’ tha electronic sound before tha final chorus! Wow, all my guesses in one, off of edibles!! Perfect prediction!! My Rating: 4.8


17. AtellaGali feat. Silk Matthews “Calfornia Vibin’”
Hope it’s “vibin’”, since it’s AtellaGali & AfterCluv on tha label! >>> Wasn’t anticipatin’ tha beginning vocals to sound like Cee-Lo Green, nor this weaker-soundin’ music… Tha drop ain’t too bad; kinda like tha Spanish vibe, lol? Nice to relax to; I’ll give it that plus! Even sounds from tha “jungle,” just like Silk said in tha beginning! Trippy! My Rating: 3.5


18. Steve Kroeger feat. Skye Holland “Coastline”
Prodigy representin’, with anotha new one from them! Gotta continue to love and support all their collaborations!! Music Choice Dance premiere! >>> Not used to tha male vocals but they sound mysterious over this nice lil’ slow beat… An exciting-soundin’ drop for Steve, here? Lol, feelin’ its feelings, lol! And, a special appearance from Skye on tha 2nd verse! Definitely nice! I have to say, it shoulda been her on tha whole entire song! Still, it’s soundin’ like marriage finna happen? “Light it up in tha back seat;” ooh! I already know wit dat one!! Anotha nice lil’ collab, here, with tha crazy drop, lol! My Rating: 4.4


19. Alan Walker feat. Noonie Bao “Alone”
RCA with a new single from him, once again! Wonder who doin’ tha vocals on this one? Anotha Music Choice Dance premiere! They loved “Faded” to pieces!! Still do!! >>> Definitely some special vocals, here! Definitely somethin’ excellent! Anticipatin’ tha music a whole lot, especially with how this chorus iz soundin’!! When it premiered, I ain’t think it was as special as this! Definitely nice!! Lookin’ at who’s featured and it’s Noonie Bao! Tha voice of “I Could Be The One” from Avicii & Nicky Romero, versing, lol (2/13 PO)! Can’t believe that was four years ago! Felt like it was yesterday!! My Rating: 4.8


20. Jayceeoh & Britt Daley “Hold On”
Speakin’ of four years ago, here’s a DJ from when tha DJs had a DJin’ battle and Jayceeoh won! Now, we have a special collab with someone who’s followin’ me on Twitter! Super 7 on tha label, here; can’t wait ta hear! >>> Sounds like a nice lil’ sound; I fuck with it in a special way! Tha drop sounds pretty nice, here; gotta give it a plus! Definitely sounds nice before tha 2nd drop hits; special shit, here! Definitely diggin’ tha vocals, lyrics, and as tha beat continues to change up in many wayz!! My Rating: 4.5


21. Lost Kings feat. Emily Warren “Phone Down (Justice Skolnik Remix)”
Emily’s 2nd appearance on this CD, as well, lol! This time, credited! However, Erykah Badu remake? I’ono why, but I can’t wait to hear! I feel like it gon be somethin’ real special, lol!! Disruptor & RCA on tha label! >>> Well, ain’t an Erykah Badu remake but that’s what it made me think of with tha title… Hearin’ Emily in tha beginning, here, and she sounds nice ta hear! This trap sound’s pretty slow and southern rap-soundin’, in a mainstream way… I like how Emily wants to get that “phone [put] down!” Definitely diggin’ tha slow drop with its EDM vibe! And yeah, I hate when I show people things and their “phone” gets in tha way of their attention! Smh!! My Rating: 3.9


22. Lisa Williams “Higher Love (Dance Radio Mix)”
Carrillo on tha label, here, with a returning Lisa!! Even tho it only 69 BPM, I wanna anticipate it!! >>> Diggin’ tha special, hot-weather sound, lol… Sounds like an anthemic, powerful-soundin’, slow dance track! Definitely feelin’ tha hot chorus and drop to tha fullest, here!! Makes me feel really appreciated to see my boy, Cory, like, almost every fuckin’ day!! Finally, someone on my team!! I can’t wait ta play this one, as well! Definitely a great-soundin’ dance track, here! What else can I say? Lovin’ tha powerful vocals and interestin’ trap beat!! My Rating: 4.7


23. Raiden feat. Bright Lights “Heart Of Steel”
At first, it almost reminded me of Bright Lights on tha Tiësto track on here (“On My Way”). However, we’re endin’ this CD with tha Light, herself, lol! Protocol on tha label, only 67 BPM, but an anticipatin’ one, here! >>> Sounds like an anticipatin’ start like tha previous song on here, from Lisa Williams! Anotha nice lil’ vocal track, here, with tha anticipatin’ music in tha background! Tha chorus sounds pretty powerful with tha lyrics, vocals & nice beat… Tha drop’s nice; it’s decent on other peoples’ tracks but nice when it’s Bright Lights singin’! Nice lil’ 2nd verse from Ms. Heather, as well! Gotta appreciate tha title, as I have a “heart of steel” for my boy, Cory, when it comes to supportin’ him!! My Rating: 4.4


Overall: Exactly two hours of an excellent CD review!! Promo Only, you’ve hit it gold, once again!! So many quality songs that I can’t wait to play!! A whopping 18 4.0+ songs!!! Definitely continuin’ this odd-numbered year in tha right way!!!


Rankings:

23.       Niall Horan “This Town (Tiësto Remix)” 3.4
22.       AtellaGali feat. Silk Matthews “Calfornia Vibin’” 3.5
21.       Britney Spears feat. Tinashe “Slumber Party (Bimbo Jones Remix Radio)” 3.7
20.       Dzeko feat. Sam James “Never Gonna Love Me” 3.8
19.       Lost Kings feat. Emily Warren “Phone Down (Justice Skolnik Remix)” 3.9
18.       Myon & Fatum feat. Marcus Bently “Rain” 4.0
17.       Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson “Just Hold On” 4.1
16.       Sigala & Digital Farm Animals “Only One” 4.2
15.       Puppet & Pierce Fulton “Just You” 4.2
14.       Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar “The Greatest (KDA Radio Mix)” 4.3
13.       The Chainsmokers feat. Emily Warren “Paris” 4.3
12.       Steve Kroeger feat. Skye Holland “Coastline” 4.4
11.        Raiden feat. Bright Lights “Heart Of Steel” 4.4
10.       Cosmic Gate & JES “Fall Into You” 4.4
09.       Jayceeoh & Britt Daley “Hold On” 4.5
08.       Galantis “Pillow Fight” 4.6
07.       VENICE feat. Matthew Steeper “Naked” 4.7
06.       Tiësto feat. Bright Sparks “On My Way” 4.7
05.       Lisa Williams “Higher Love (Dance Radio Mix)” 4.7
04.       Savoir Adore “Paradise Gold” 4.8
03.   Joe Bermudez feat. Amanda Brigham “Shadows” 4.8
02.   Alan Walker feat. Noonie Bao “Alone” 4.8
01.   Florian Picasso x VASSY “Cracked Wall” 4.9


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      99.1
Total Songs:                      / 23
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.3