FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, May 19, 2017

Review #1,726: Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2017

Reviewed on 5.19.2017 (Review #1,726)


As I prep for some more future plans & bring jealousy amongst others, I’m ready to review tha next Promo Only! Can’t wait for my future plans! They can’t do it like me & live like a celeb!! Here goes my review for Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2017! I have a feelin’ it gon be exciting…, somewhat; we’ll see! Start Time: 4:11 PM | End Time: 6:03 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2017 CD Review (Review #1,726) reviewed on 5.19.2017 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Tritonal “Hey Mamama”
What could tha 1st song be, this time…? This edition, it goes to Tritonal and with Enhanced on tha label, I think it’s an okay remake of tha “mamama, hey… Hey mamama, mamama…” oldie… I don’t go too crazy over remade/sampled parts, but I do like when tha drop comes in… With some of these songs, I’ono how great it sounds to have them slow, at only 122 BPM… Peak iz at 1:26; gotta dig those sounds! But really, that’s only it; tha rest iz repetitive and sample, sample, sample! This coulda been one of those tracks, like a few on here, where they’re, like, 2 ½ minutes long… My Current Rating: 3.5


02. Deorro feat. Teemu “Turn Back Time”
Here we go… Got a 1st listen from Music Choice Dance…; I expected better, courtesy of Ultra… >>> Tha quiet start; that’s what made me think different, at first… A decent track but why tha dry beats during tha chorus? Coulda been a lil’ more on-n-poppin’ wit tha beat/sounds, here… With less than a minute left, finally, some different sounds… I’ono, I hope this ain’t tha edition that sounds repetitive & plain for a while, till tha end… Either way, just decent; one good drop, only? At least it only 2 ½ minutes long, like I previously wanted! My Rating: 3.7


03. Triarchy feat. J. Lauryn “Coconuts”
A self-released track, here, thanx to Music Choice Dance showin’ luv… A lil’ longer than :15 intro? How about :31? But yeah, nice to see somethin’ like this get exposure… A lil’ betta than tha past two tracks on here, even tho for airplay, this on tha decent track fa me… Soundin’ a lil’ betta with this listen, right chea & deserves a lil’ more exposure…! Definitely feelin’ tha lyrics and tha hot-weather vibe, of course… Pre-chorus and chorus are pretty nice, includin’ tha drop; betta than decent, at least! Gotta luv how there’s two self-released tracks & one unsigned one on this edition! Gotta luv tha exposure!! My Current Rating: 4.3


04. Grace Gracie “Golden Touch”
Grace Gracie World on tha label, a 2nd self-released track in a row!! Should I be happy that it’s finally a 128 BPM track on here, as well as no mix/a new artist? It should always be like this—lol, I’m gettin’ so much excitement and I ain’t even hear it, yet! >>> Anticipatin’ tha start, here… At least it sounds like official dance music on tha 1st verse, here… Definitely feelin’ tha beats and we have some unique, new vocals, here; nice exposure, PO! Tha chorus iz pretty nice, includin’ tha drop in tha background! Gotta luv new dance music at all times!! “Tha Midas Touch!!” Whoo! Best of luck to this one in tha future! My Rating: 4.4


05. Loren Reed “Something ‘Bout You (Manyfew Mix)”
A new Robbins one, here; can’t wait fa this one, too…, hopefully! >>> Definitely a nice, throwback-soundin’ vocal/vibe, here! Definitely feelin’ tha chorus, here; excellent vibes! Definitely feelin’ tha chorus, too; pure energy at its finest! I ain’t say much, but I’m really feelin’ it, here! My Rating: 4.8


06. JES & Game Chasers “Carry Me Away”
Looks like it’ll be anotha real-great one! New song from Cosmic Gate out this week and now, this! Funny ‘cause they both collaborated just four POs ago with “Fall Into You”! Here’s Magik Muzik, here…! >>> I have a feelin’ this gon be a smooth, calm dance track… Hearin’ tha beginning and it has a lil’ bit of a smooth, but uplifting vibe to it… Not bad for this 1st verse, here, JES… And, tha chorus ain’t too bad, here; positive vibes… And, tha drop aight; a lil’ background vocals from tha males, too… Nice lil’ 2nd verse, too; feelin’ tha decent vibes… My Rating: 4.2


07. Julie Bergan “Arigato (The Scene Kings Radio Edit)”
Warner International & ADA on tha label, here… >>> Lol, that :15 intro listed on “Coconuts” shoulda went here and tha :30 intro listed on here shoulda went to “Coconuts”, lol. But yeah, sources have this one; it okay but I don’t think it’s anything special… Random lil’ part before tha drop and a random, decent drop, here… I’ono how much I can connect wit tha song, tho… Like, I don’t wanna say anything negative but I really have not much to say about it… Her vibe in her vocals makes this sound a lil’ boring and relaxin’; just sayin’… My Rating: 3.4


08. Felicia Punzo “One Of Us (Simone Bresciani Radio Edit)”
Hope for an unsigned, anticipatin’ track at 122 BPM, I hope it’s worth it! >>> Almost thought I had heard this before but then again, lol, remake, this time: Joan Osborne “One Of Us”, from over two decades ago! Lots of time ago, surprisingly! But yeah, definitely feelin’ this chick’s vocals on this and how tha beats are pretty hot! Definitely worth a remake, here! Some songs needed those energetic remakes and this iz a unique one; definitely feelin’ it! I thought tha original needed some remake like this & 2017 iz a nice year for some unique, but not boring remakes! My Rating: 4.6


09. Gozzi feat. Abri “Say It Loud”
Vizion on tha label…; can’t wait to hear what my boy got goin’ on, now! Even a Party 105 add, already! >>> Sounds like a decent lil’ start with an anticipatin’ vibe; hope it’s worth it! Vocals are pretty on-point and so iz tha lyrics… And, definitely feelin’ tha drop; gotta luv when you’re fulla dat shit & your expectations are better/come true! Back to some quieter music on tha 2nd verse, here, but still keepin’ me excited with these vocals/lyrics…! Oh, gotta luv that music on tha drop! Certain kinda zappin’ feelin’, ya dig me? I feel like I want more and more of it…! Definitely lovin’ tha music on tha bridge, too; pure vibes at their finest, here!! I think I should rate it near tha top!! “Beautiful Life”, banger! “Ciao Adios (Remix)”, banger! Now, we got this!! Also, have to mention it’s tha 2nd new Party 105 add I seen since their Last Played link changed! My 1st big one, tho!! My Rating: 4.9


10. ALMA “Chasing Highs”
Casablanca on tha label and what a title, here! Dance world? Only 112 BPM? Same chick from our “Bonfire” with Felix Jaehn (9/16)? Should be interestin’!! >>> Sounds like a catchy start like Felix Jaehn produced it or somethin’? Definitely feelin’ tha lyrics, here and tha chorus iz pretty dope! Oh, luvin’ tha drop part! Lol, not-so-guilty-pleasured content/title part, lol? Definitely feelin’ how she can have anotha catchy one, after her “bon-fiya!” My Rating: 4.6


11. Train “Play That Song (Riddler Remix Radio)”
Oh, boy… Columbia, here; Heather, Heather!! I don’t think Riddler been on his game with his remixes, lately & 110 BPM only gon confuse me… >>> Prolly tha worst guilty pleasure song of tha year?! I always think of this song when I’m failin’ at things! Cheesy situations!! But, for not much happenin’ but just tha vibe on this, I’m feelin’ this remix, a lil’… And, tha chorus decent with this remix… Diggin’ some of tha random parts, here, between tha vocalizin’, chorus & everything else… My Rating: 3.8


12. Justin Caruso feat. Victoria Zaro “Talk About Me”
Lookin’ pretty excitin’, here, courtesy of Revere & Seeking Blue Records! >>> Sounds like a nice vocal start, here… Sounds like a nice lil’ slow dance track… Pretty decent pre-chorus, verse & now, a hot-soundin’ chorus! Definitely feelin’ tha “this-generation-of-slow-dance music” in tha background, lol (“Coastline”, “Let Me Hold You (Turn Me On)”, etc.)! Nice to see a tight DJ team up with a new, hot vocalist, here! My Rating: 4.5


½time: Neva thought in my 11 years of reviewin’ PO that I’d see a ½time after #12!! So far, for 12 songs in, we’re at 50.7 for tha total score and 4.2 for tha average CD rating! Pretty nice! This iz better than I expected, surprisingly! Don’t know how much longer that’ll last but I can’t wait to find out!


13. Dia Frampton “Crave (FTampa Remix)”
I know FTampa be on they game but I’ono about for this artist? We shall see, courtesy of Nettwerk! >>> Sounds like a pretty-exciting start, I must say, in an above-average way… At least tha drop adds a lil’ flava to this; definitely a hot lil’ remix, here! Thought this was gon be kinda country like “Stay” (with tyDi, 5/14 PO). Luckily, it’s a touch betta! Definitely gotta feel this drop and want it like their previous single, “Our Way”, with Kamatos! Sounds like some bonus vocals after tha 2nd drop? My Rating: 4.3


14. Cazzette feat. JONES “Handful Of Gold”
A new Music Choice Dance add, courtesy of ICONS & PRMD Music… Kinda has a special feel to it but let’s see if this listen can make me really appreciate it more… >>> Feelin’ tha positive vibes, here; decent lil’ buildin’ beat, too… Chorus pretty nice; better-than-usual track, here! Drop’s pretty trippy and from left field, here, as if you were struck by somethin’! Nice, in a way; kinda expected more of a dance-like anthem than a lil’ trappy-like anthem… My Rating: 4.1


15. Paris & Simo feat. Sara Diamond “Keep Me Close”
I think this gon be 10x more worth it, lol, courtesy of BLUME! >>> Almost sounds more like a pop start than her on Adventure Club’s “Firestorm” (1/17 PO). Not too bad with tha drop, here; just a decent track fa me… Lyrics on tha verses are decent; more on tha decent side, here, but I expect this one to do pretty good in tha dance world, fa some reason… Maybe, tha slower vibes aren’t really meant for Paris & Simo. They prolly should go back to tha faster, regular-paced 128 BPMerz… My Rating: 4.0


16. k?d feat. Phil Good “Lose Myself”
Anotha decent Music Choice Dance song, here, courtesy of ICONS & PRMD… I ain’t expect it to appear on here… Decent lil’ vocals and an okay beat… Diggin’ tha computer, spaceship-like sounds for tha climax, here… At times, this drags but realizin’ that dance music will stay forever, as well as tha artists, iz what’s up!! My Current Rating: 3.9


17. Kygo feat. Ellie Goulding “First Time”
Ultra & RCA, here… Funny how tha “It Ain’t Me” ain’t make it on here but this did, and this better! Of course, gotta do it bigger and better!! Even tho sometimes, I don’t fuck wit EG’s music too much, but this a nice lil’ collab… I’m feelin’ how these two combine on tha track, here! Definitely a nice lil’ vibe… Also, I’m diggin’ how some of tha lyrics are in a grown, outside-tha-house-kinda perspective…! My Current Rating: 4.4


18. MYRNE feat. Aviella “Afterdark”
A new Monstercat track, here; can’t wait ta hear, especially at 5:29 PM!! >>> Sounds like some vocal I’ve heard before, but sounds a lil’ unique, here… A somewhat-catchy drop, here! Kinda has a “Fire”-like trap beat, here; definitely likin’ tha vibe/sounds! My Rating: 4.2


19. Almand feat. PG-13 “Don’t Manipulate”
ICONS & PRMD, here… Anotha Music Choice Dance add that’s just random and decent… I guess ‘cause my boy got outta jail, I decided to automatically add it, even tho it a lil’ bleh… Just a decent lil’ trap song, here; nothin’ too-too special… Kinda catchy, at times, with tha title, but there’s not too much to highlight, here… My Current Rating: 3.6


20. Linkin Park feat. Kiiara “Heavy (Nicky Romero Radio Remix)”
Warner Bros., here…; kinda nice to see a remix… Will I be able to appreciate it more? >>> Nicky goin’ at a slower, trap-based vibe, here… Just a decent beginning, so far; let’s see if it picks up… Ehh, just a lil’ trap remix; that’s all… Seems like a long remix but only 3:27; draggin’? Not that bad, overall… My Rating: 3.3


21. Rihanna “Pose (Eva Shaw Remix)”
Roc Nation & Def Jam, here… Anotha one from Ri-Ri… Shortest PO song eva? Only 2:09! Gotta be a close one! >>> Decent lil’ trap feel, here; feelin’ lost in tha trap or somethin’ wit this vibe? Definitely a nice vibe but an okay song from Ri-Ri… Definitely a dope lil’ drop, here; good shit, Ri-Ri… Feelin’ tha drops and that was a nice-paced 2:09, here! My Rating: 3.8


22. Afrojack & David Guetta feat. Ester Dean “Another Life”
Casablanca, here, with a dope lil’ sound… Ain’t really pay attention to it, at first ‘cause I’m not used to too many artists slowin’ it down, all tha time… Then again, I heard it for tha 2nd time on Music Choice Dance and I almost thought it was Eva Simons! Seemed like it was a nice-and-serious choice, here; definitely great vocals! Also, dope beats, in a different way! It’s kinda weird that it’s screams but it’s tight, at tha same time, during tha drop! True story with tha lyrics, too! Gotta enjoy “life” to tha fullest, while it’s here! My Current Rating: 4.6


23. Xuitcasecity & No Sleep “Criminals”
Looks like it gon be interestin’, courtesy of eOne Entertainment! I know I got a quick sample, before, but let’s see if I consider addin’ it, now… Also, gotta point out tha total score, at tha moment (1st 22 songs) iz 90.9, my best friend’s birthday! How trippy and excellent!! >>> A nice, space-y vibe, here; decent vocals and beats… Tha drop’s on tha trap tip; not too bad, overall… I’ono, but I’m feelin’ tha 2nd verse betta; rhymes are pretty dope and consistent!! I just felt like my rating did, like, almost a fuckin’ 360, lol!  My Rating: 4.3


24. Quintino & NERVO “Lost In You”
Spinnin’, here, with PODR’s 1st-eva 24th song!! Couldn’t believe I seen 23, one time & now, can’t believe I’m seein’ 24! Honorable day!! May 19, 2017!! >>> Sounds a lil’ catchy with all tha “one of us” parts, like tha unsigned song on here! Tha chorus iz pretty hot, here; definitely feelin’ tha NERVO vibe…! And, a trap-soundin’ beat, here; not bad, but pretty-good… Not too bad for a new song, overall… I guess I’m more used to tha faster vibes from both artists? Still, definitely nice to keep up any kinda EDM music in this dance world! My Rating: 3.8


Overall: I’ono, but I felt this edition, right chea! Definitely had a few better-than-I-expected ratings, despite bein’ thrown off with my anticipation for tha slower tracks… Excellent-rated tracks keep me excited for tha future and what iz yet to come! Can’t wait for my next trip!!


Rankings:

24.       Linkin Park feat. Kiiara “Heavy (Nicky Romero Radio Remix)” 3.3
23.       Julie Bergan “Arigato (The Scene Kings Radio Edit)” 3.4
22.       Tritonal “Hey Mamama” 3.5
21.       Almand feat. PG-13 “Don’t Manipulate” 3.6
20.       Deorro feat. Teemu “Turn Back Time” 3.7
19.       Train “Play That Song (Riddler Remix Radio)” 3.8
18.       Quintino & NERVO “Lost In You” 3.8
17.       Rihanna “Pose (Eva Shaw Remix)” 3.8
16.       k?d feat. Phil Good “Lose Myself” 3.9
15.       Paris & Simo feat. Sara Diamond “Keep Me Close” 4.0
14.       Cazzette feat. JONES “Handful Of Gold” 4.1
13.       MYRNE feat. Aviella “Afterdark” 4.2
12.       JES & Game Chasers “Carry Me Away” 4.2
11.        Xuitcasecity & No Sleep “Criminals” 4.3
10.       Dia Frampton “Crave (FTampa Remix)” 4.3
09.       Triarchy feat. J. Lauryn “Coconuts” 4.3
08.       Kygo feat. Ellie Goulding “First Time” 4.4
07.       Grace Gracie “Golden Touch” 4.4
06.       Justin Caruso feat. Victoria Zaro “Talk About Me” 4.5
05.       Afrojack & David Guetta feat. Ester Dean “Another Life” 4.6
04.       Felicia Punzo “One Of Us (Simone Bresciani Radio Edit)” 4.6
03.   ALMA “Chasing Highs” 4.6
02.   Loren Reed “Something ‘Bout You (Manyfew Mix)” 4.8
01.   Gozzi feat. Abri “Say It Loud” 4.9


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      99.0
Total Songs:                      / 24
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.1