FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, July 21, 2017

Review #1,740: Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2017

Reviewed on 7.21.2017 (Review #1,740)


I finna review my 1,740th CD, right nah… Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2017! So excited ta get ta this review, ya dig? Even more excited to state that a decade ago today, back on July 21, 2007, I reviewed Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2007! Yeah! Who woulda thought?! I woulda said last decade, “Hey, 10 years from now, on July 21, 2017, I’ll be doin’ tha same thang!” Neva would I imagined to be in Promo Only’s eNewsletter, or even get outta my autistic shell that I been hidin’ in, all those years! Now, at 29, I’m shinin’ real bright and, of course, gotta do tha live CD reviewz, ya dig? So, without further or do, lemme get inta this anticipatin’ review, ya heard me? Start Time: 7:34 PM | End Time: 9:55 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2017 CD Review (Review #1,740) reviewed on 7.21.2017 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Bruno Martini feat. Isadora “Sun Goes Down”
Why a Promo Only Clean Edit in tha ID? I ain’t thank this song was a lil’ dirty, ya know? However, that opening line, “All I wanna do iz get high…,” or somethin’ like that’s pretty pure, ya know? I have a feelin’ it’s changed to, “Get by,” or somethin’; we’ll see… AfterCluv on tha label! “All I want iz summer life;” nice lil’ blend, but still want tha “high,” lol! Diggin’ tha acoustic-soundin’ vibe, here… Literally, this was, like, tha 1st new dance track I done heard since my ex-friend & his click turned their backs on me… It literally iz a new life, here, that I’m tryna get used to… My playlist iz almost sufferin’ by me not goin’ out… This been my best year outta tha 13 years I been doin’ my playlist, ya know what I’m sayin’? So, I wanna keep these songs alive and healthy, ya know? Definitely feelin’ tha vocals and vibe, here! Luv tha slow lil’ 122 BPM-type drop and chorus, too! Just makes me wanna be in a good mood, despite all these unexpected dark clouds! So glad this kinda song kicked off this Promo Only! Definitely somethin’ special, ya know? My Current Rating: 4.6


02. Disco Fries feat. Jared Lee “Reckless”
Enhanced on tha label, like their previous track that y’all ain’t get (“Is It Over” with Shanahan & Shy Martin). That was nice, especially before my 1st Louisiana trip and from this year. Now, we got this! Jared Lee was on tha 3/15 PO with CLMD, “Keep Dreaming”; definitely nice! Can’t wait fa this follow-up and collaboration!! >>> Sounds like a nice lil’ beginning track to a PO, ya dig? Nice lil’ upbeat music and still a nice lil’ vibe from Jared, here… Hearin’ tha 2nd verse and it sounds pretty nice, still… Definitely a nice lil’ vibe continuin’, here; hope it becomes somethin’ soon, ya know…? My Rating: 4.4


03. Tiësto & KSHMR feat. Talay Riley “Harder”
Courtesy of Musical Freedom & Spinnin’, here’s this collab from Music Choice Dance… I already know this one so I’m not doin’ a preview; just listenin’ while reviewin’, at tha same time… On some of my highs, this song’ll throw me off and I’ll think it’s somethin’ better, but it’s this! Anotha nice lil’ collab, here, after their “Secrets” from 5/15’s PO… Diggin’ tha vocal strength, as well as tha catchy music from mainly tha KSHMR sound ta me… Nice lil’ vocal chop throughout tha 2nd ½ of tha drop, too; definitely nice!! Continuin’ wit a nice 2nd verse, too; gotta feel tha pre-choruses! My Current Rating: 4.5


04. Cash Cash feat. Conor Maynard “All My Love”
[No exact preview due to it was playing in tha beginning, while I was typing my preview…] >>> Big Beat & Atlantic on tha label, here… I ain’t realize it was 135 BPM… Gonna get an official listen, this time; semi-know this from Music Choice Dance… Definitely feelin’ tha unexpected, fast beats, here; nice job, guys! I ain’t realize how special this one sounded! Drop seems a lil’ slow and plain, but tha 135 BPM are throughout tha verses and are considered! Sounds like it can be a pop song with these vocals and this collaboration… Hope it has some sorta mainstream capture vibes! My Rating: 4.4


05. Martin Solveig feat. ALMA “All Stars”
[Preview during typing, once again… ] >>> Casablanca & Republic on tha label, this time, following a Big Beat / Atlantic Records one…  Got a Music Choice Dance listen and it sounded pretty nice… And, here it iz… Glad to see ALMA “chasing” her “highs” of bein’ featured on tracks! Also, Solveig was on tha last live review I did for Promo Only, on tha March ’16 one! As far as this, nice collab, once again, and definitely feelin’ tha “star”-like anthemic words, here… But, anotha Clean Edit? Oh, tha “hell” part… I actually like that transition, if so? Maybe, I’m just buggin’? Lol… Either way, it iz what it iz… Glad I’m a “star;” gotta continue, ya know?! Dry lil’ drop but tha music gets betta as it progresses… My Rating: 4.4


06. Axwell /\ Ingrosso feat. Salem Al Fakir “More Than You Know”
Def Jam on tha label, here… Salem Al Fakir on tha uncredited vocals… I already know this one and it sounds great, especially to roll through G-Lane, ya dig?! Baton Rouge!! Definitely sounds anthemic, especially if your mom likes it; definitely nice! Ah, yeah, gotta luv tha Louisiana trips!! Definitely nice ta have multiple sides to tha music business, supportin’ err-body! Looka where Kevin Gates went! I see that bein’ a collab, one day! Axwell /\ Ingrosso feat. Kevin Gates!! I said it!! July 21, 2017, today, Friday, at 8:11 PM, exactly one hour after I shot my intro shot ta this live review!! Exactly one decade later! Now, exactly one hour later!! Definitely luvin’ tha lil’ climax-to-tha-2nd-drop part, ya know? My Current Rating: 4.5


07. Paul Oakenfold feat. Lizzy Land “Waterfall”
Anotha 1st official listen, right chea! Can’t wait to hear for tha 1st time! Perfecto on tha label, courtesy of PO, not Promo Only, lol! >>> I guess this sounds excellent fa tha start, right chea! Highlight track on tha CD; I can see it! I luved tha camera’s action I have, as far as settin’ up my shot; felt like good luck! Can’t believe how anthemic this iz, right chea! It’s all about neva agin’, ya dig?! Definitely feelin’ tha catchy-ass chorus and drop to tha fullest, right chea!! Can be close to a ***PERFECT RATING***, no pun intended! Definitely feelin’ tha 2nd verse, too; definitely a new, hot one! Of course, ***PERFECT RATING***s go to those tracks that are consistent fa err second!! Every second!! So, fuck it, this’ll go in that category!! My Rating: 5.0


08. Fenix & Lisa Williams “California Sun”
Carrillo on tha label, right chea! Definitely dug tha track from tha 4/17 edition (“All Around The World”); Debbery anthem!! Now, let’s see what we got as a follow-up! Continue tha success, Fenix!! >>> Almost sounds like a remake on tha chorus, right chea… Either way, I’ono why, but somethin’ else came ta my mind… Definitely feelin’ this collab, right chea! And, tha drop ain’t too bad, right chea… Sounds anthemic and exclusive, as I always like to love my brand-new tracks while in a good zone!! Gotta feel this tha whole way ‘round… Lookin’ forward to playin’ all these new tracks real soon! Exposure at its finest, I deliver!! My Rating: 4.4


09. Rihanna “Desperado (3LAU Remix)”
Roc Nation & Def Jam, here… Was just gettin’ started ta playin’ her “Pose” track (6/17 PO). However, it ain’t came up on any sources… So, now, here we are, already on tha MCD! >>> Likin’ tha lil’ trippy vibe in tha beginning, here… Definitely feelin’ tha trippiness ta define a new era that I’m tryna get through… Definitely feelin’ that music and how Rihanna brings it on this track, right chea… And, a drop that’s tryna sound slammin’… Ehh, not too bad… Still, gives me a nice lil’ trippy vibe, ya know…? So glad I have a ghetto pass ta go anywhere in Louisiana, especially Baton Rouge! I’m one of tha only ones ta enter, like, a Kevin Gates hood, etc.! Boosie? You name it! I got that respect as a celebrity!! I’m glad this sounds more like a dance-type remix than just somethin’ poppy ‘cause, ya know, it needs a non-mainstream taste to it… My Rating: 4.3


10. Don Diablo “Save A Little Love”
Spinnin’ on tha label… Music Choice Dance already gives it some exposure… Dug his “Switch” track, earlier this year, as well as his 5/17 PO appearance (“Children Of A Miracle”). As far as this, I gotta get used to it… Nothin’ too special, here… Just a simple-soundin’ vocal sample or somethin’… I do like that there’s effort in tha music with tha tightness… Still, just a decent drop, ya know…? Can’t complain too much… Still, not sure how I gon give all these spins out when tha hangin’ out’s not active? Still, deserves some sorta chance… “Work all week,” ya know? It ‘bout ta get ugly!! We need tha music to give us enough strength to get through tha hard times, ya know?! My Current Rating: 4.0


½time: Wow, what an incredible PO edition, so far, despite me knowin’ a few tracks, already! Nothin’ wack!! A 4.5-rated CD, so far, with tha potential fa five stars!! Not sure if it gon happen; we’ll see!! Nothin’ but euphoric music out, right now, ya heard me?! Can’t wait fa tha rest!!


11. Seven Lions feat. NEONHEART “Where I Won’t Be Found”
Seeking Blue on tha label, here… Ain’t really feel their “In My Head”-type vibe, but felt their “Renaissance”-type vibe… Then, Justin Caruso & Victoria Zaro “Talk About Me” got signed and it was a wrap!! I was in luv!! 6/17 PO; that was me!! Lol! >>> Sounds like a nice lil’ slow start, right chea… Definitely a nice follow-up to, what didn’t really go anywhere, “Higher Love” (3/17 PO); can’t believe that was still this year! As far as this, it sounds catchy; these beats sound more 65 BPM than 130, tho… Still, definitely feelin’ tha power in this one! I like when tha pace picks up toward tha 1:28 drop part!! And, definitely feelin’ tha 130 BPM vibe; all I needed!! Definitely anthemic; gotta fuckin’ love it!! A slower drop toward tha 2nd one… More like tha “Higher Love” one; I remember!! Ain’t no forgettin’ eva!! I remember tracks from 13 years ago, off tha top of my head, instantly, still! Artist, title, label, mix name, BPM, ya know?! No more faster drops but still nice! My Rating: 4.8


12. Jeff Morgan feat. Selin Louise “I Care For You”
Carrillo in tha buildin’ fa a 2nd time!! Can’t wait ta hear this one, too! Almost thought it was a Robbins track but Carrillo got dis!! >>> Likin’ this start, too! Sounds more pure than tha previous Carrillo feature on here! This was what I expected from tha previous track but it’s this one, instead!! Definitely feelin’ this one, right chea!! Feelin’ all tha upbeat vibes!! Definitely a lotta pluses, right chea!! Huge drops, huge vibes; huge, huge, huge!! Definitely luvin’ tha pure vibe in those vocals! Can’t hate on it at all!! Music that sounds like starz to my eyez at all times, at any age!! My Rating: 4.9


13. Sigala feat. Ella Eyre “Came Here For Love”
Ultra on tha label… Looks like a mega-collab; can’t wait ta hear!! >>> Sounds like a nice lil’ upbeat start, right chea… Can’t wait ta see how this one does in tha mainstream… Picked a unique vocalist to collab with, Sigal! Sigall!! Definitely anthemic to tha fullest, right chea! And, a nice lil’ drop, too! Like it betta than tha “Only One” track (2/17 PO), still from this year!! Definitely somethin’ special, once again! Definitely feelin’ tha collaboration to tha fullest!! Ya gotta “love” me, ya know! “Love!” I’m glad so many “love” me; I got ta see it a month ago today, when I went to Louisiana fa my birthday! My Rating: 4.4


14. Charlie Puth “Attention (Oliver Heldens Remix)”
[Preview while typing, here…] >>> Atlantic on tha label, here… Should I say it’s a good hit-mixer? Guilty pleasure? 119 BPM; diggin’ this kinda sound fa tha Olive…—Oliver, ya know? Ehh, not too bad… I’ll keep it in consideration, too; won’t let this one down… Nothin’ ta really say, here; it qualifies for a good remix… My Rating: 4.0


15. Mako & Morgan Page “Real Life (Zack Martino Remix)”
Ultra, here, and anotha #15 appearance from Mako on a PO… 3/15 to now! Lookin’ forward ta hearin’ a remix from Zack and this collaboration! >>> Kinda likin’ this beginning… Sounds like a borderline-soundin’ song but those Mako boyz be gettin’ it on, here, wit their own sound! Definitely sounds like a hot, new anthem! Feelin’ tha energy, here! And, tha chorus iz pretty kick-ass, too! Sounds pretty nice fa a 120 BPM-paced track… Or, should I say, remix! Definitely feelin’ these catchy vocals, to tha fullest! Oh, just fuckin’ love tha music out, these dayz!! I keep thinkin’ tha drop sounds faster when I hear tha chorus, lol… 120 neva seemed so slow! Ain’t even catch tha fade till tha end! My Rating: 4.7


16. Vice feat. Jon Bellion “Obsession”
Atlantic on tha label… I almost thought this was gon be tha new Zedd song, but y’all one step ahead, ya heard me? Lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this collab! Definitely dug tha “Steady 1234”, slowly; great job, Vice & your collaberz! >>> Okay, so, just like “Steady 1234”, tha intro ain’t really catch me… It’s a lil’ more mainstream-soundin’ than just regular-soundin’ dance music… A lil’ slow, but hip-poppy-type beat start… Sounds like a nice lil’ chorus… Tha drop’s pretty nice; I’m diggin’ this slow-dance-type dance music, these dayz… Kinda mainstream/guilty pleasure-y, but I’m diggin’ it… A nice lil’ musicial interlude after tha 2nd chorus/drop… As tha final chorus hits, I’m feelin’ so much betta about this one, right chea! My Rating: 4.4


17. Cedric Gervais feat. Liza Owen “Somebody New”
Island on tha label, here, but only 92 BPM fa Cedric? Wonder how this gon sound…? I’m really lookin’ forward! I’m expectin’ a lot wit this one! >>> Sounds like a pure dance vibe? Not too used to this slow vibe, tho… Tha chorus pretty nice; this drop pretty different and a lil’ trap-y…? Keepin’ it movin’ wit tha 2nd verse, right chea and it sounds good; can’t complain… Definitely feelin’ special wit this one, too! Will it get good exposure? Can’t wait fa these tracks ta get released! My Rating: 4.2


18. Audien & 3LAU feat. Victoria Zaro “Hot Water”
Looks like a “hot” collab! Three POs in a row Victoria was on! Talk about supastar status! Definitely luvin’ tha consistency, ya heard me?! Only 85 BPM like my top track of tha year, so far? Alison Wonderland’s “Messiah” (1/17 PO); can’t believe that was this year!! Crazy!! Now, let’s hear dis!! >>> Interestin’ ta hear Victoria on a slower track than tha 108 BPM (“Talk About Me”), 121 BPM (“Simple”); now, this! Definitely luvin’ tha vocals and how catchy she sounds on these beats!! So fuckin’ catchy!! Just luv how she sounds wit those vocal-soundin’ chops!! Oh, even tha fuckin’ drop!! Talk about winnin’!! Fuckin’ awesome-ass trap music, right chea!! Still can’t believe I almost dehydrated myself during this review ‘cause of how hot it iz in here!!! Crazy-ass shit!! My light vs. avoidin’ tha air fa quality sound!! I can ty—ty—ty—ty—type 120 BPM—no, WPM!!! I’m too successful!! This song makes me wanna celebrate my success!! Kell on tha text!! ***PERFECT RATING*** like “Messiah”!! Same label, same BPM!! Crazy shit!! Same rating!! My Rating: 5.0


19. Bonnie x Clyde “Bass Jam”
No preview needed; already know this one from Music Choice Dance… Insomniac on tha label; nice! 85 BPM, too? Likin’ tha sound; ain’t really catch on too-too much till just recently… Definitely feelin’ tha chorus and tha capturin’ “bass!” A simple-soundin’ drop that’s slow but tha trap vibe’s nice ta have wit these female vocals, ya know what I’m sayin’? My Current Rating: 4.2


20. San Holo feat. James Vincent McMorrow “The Future”
Columbia on tha label, right chea… Endin’ this PO wit only 20 songs… That’s why I did a live review of it… Tha last two editions had 24, which were great, but I’ono if I woulda been able ta do 24 on camera… It may happen, one day; stay tuned!! Positive vibes!! Lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this positive-soundin’ collaboration, after he had his “Light” from tha 4/17 PO…! >>> Sounds pretty nice, here; definitely what’s up! Sounds like an R&B vibe, here; not too bad, I guess? R&B on tha vocals, I mean, but that Shaun Frank-soundin’ vibe on tha beats… Definitely feelin’ that, hence there’s a “Future” in tha title, like my top pick fa tha 5/17 PO! Yeah, tha drop sounds pretty dope, kinda like that style… I’m likin’ this, overall; can’t complain… I think this a great way ta end this review, ya heard me? I’ono, not tha craziest about tha vocals during tha 2nd verse, but that don’t stop this from bein’ nice, ya know? Still diggin’ how tha drop has a nice lil’ vibe to it to make you feel special, ya know? Tha “light!” “I just wanna see tha light!” Yeah, 75 BPM like “Light”, too… Lol, this 3:57 iz like a struggle, in a way… Either way, nice way ta end this PO… My Rating: 4.1


Overall: Can’t believe I did it live and I ain’t thank I was gon do it, after a 9 ½-hour work day! Crazy! I got that motivation and I wanted it to be completed on tha July 21, once again! “10 years from now,” as Diddy said! Think: I’m on his level!! Crazy shit!! And, it’s tha music like this that make it pure and euphoric! Gotta just luv life to tha fullest, always continue to have faith in tha world and your moments will be priceless! Just like your music, ya heard me?! Props fa PO; 2nd time since tha 2/11 CD that we had a five-star-rated PO CD!! Can’t believe I did this live, too! I pushed myself; that’s why this so great!! Now, on to tha ratings!!


Rankings:

20.       Don Diablo “Save A Little Love” 4.0
19.       Charlie Puth “Attention (Oliver Heldens Remix)” 4.0
18.       San Holo feat. James Vincent McMorrow “The Future” 4.1
17.       Bonnie x Clyde “Bass Jam” 4.2
16.       Cedric Gervais feat. Liza Owen “Somebody New” 4.2
15.       Rihanna “Desperado (3LAU Remix)” 4.3
14.       Disco Fries feat. Jared Lee “Reckless” 4.4
13.       Vice feat. Jon Bellion “Obsession” 4.4
12.       Sigala feat. Ella Eyre “Came Here For Love” 4.4
11.        Cash Cash feat. Conor Maynard “All My Love” 4.4
10.       Martin Solveig feat. ALMA “All Stars” 4.4
09.       Fenix & Lisa Williams “California Sun” 4.4
08.       Tiësto & KSHMR feat. Talay Riley “Harder” 4.5
07.       Axwell /\ Ingrosso feat. Salem Al Fakir “More Than You Know” 4.5
06.       Bruno Martini feat. Isadora “Sun Goes Down” 4.6
05.       Mako & Morgan Page “Real Life (Zack Martino Remix)” 4.7
04.       Seven Lions feat. NEONHEART “Where I Won’t Be Found” 4.8
03.   Jeff Morgan feat. Selin Louise “I Care For You” 4.9
02.   Paul Oakenfold feat. Lizzy Land “Waterfall” 5.0
01.   Audien & 3LAU feat. Victoria Zaro “Hot Water” 5.0


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      89.2
Total Songs:                      / 20
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.5 (automatically a five-star-rated CD)