FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Review #1,763: Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2017

Reviewed on 11.11.2017 (Review #1,763)


It’s that time again!! Promo Only: Dance Radio December 2017 iz here and so am I! Let’s see what we gon expect… Looked at tha tracklist and it looks like it gon be good but I can’t really judge too much… We shall see what gon go down… Start Time: 1:28 PM | End Time: 3:47 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2017 CD Review (Review #1,763) reviewed on 11.11.2017 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. VASSY & Afrojack feat. Oliver Rosa “Lost”
Armada, here, with a decent track from Music Choice Dance… Now that it’s here, I’m gonna give it tha official review, despite already knowin’ it… Chorus iz ehh/decent but it sounds betta with tha 1st verse… Not much else to say but, I guess, now I have it to play… Liking how tha 2nd verse comes through, too… Seems like this went by kinda quick… My Current Rating: 4.1


02. Rooverb, Alan Crown & Alicia Madison “Insanity”
A full version, here, despite tha radio edit I got from iTunes that was a minute shorter… Music Choice Dance has this same edit. Still, Revealed here & glad to see Ms. Madison keepin’ it goin’ for tha dance world! We love her! A good lil’ track with this new collab… A lil’ bit of a trap drop, makin’ me think this was only 64 BPM, but it’s registered at 128, for tha most part… My Current Rating: 4.2


03. Alok & Mathieu Koss “Big Jet Plane”
Spinnin’ & Big Beat, here, with somethin’ new, this time… It was exactly a year ago on tha December ’16 PO that we heard Mathieu with tha Cazzette remix (“Static”). Now, let’s see what we got… >>> Almost thought I was gonna hear a male vocalist but damn, I know what this iz… Sounds like a recent remake? LMAO, just from six years ago (“Take You Higher”—Goodwill & Hook N Sling). Damn, tha last CD had “Pumped Up” for “Pumped Up Kicks” (October ’11 PO) & now, we have this (remakin’ from tha November ’11 PO, slowly creepin’ back into and forward with time)! Just a lil’ decent track but liked it when it was ’11 betta… Seems like anotha quickie… Just seems like a random remake… My Rating: 3.7


04. Bruno Martini & Timbaland feat. Johnny Franco “Road”
AfterCluv, here, after tha “high” lil’ “Sun Goes Down” that I thought was gon be a lil’ bigger… However, I’ve noticed a lotta songs, these dayz, they don’t last very long on Music Choice Dance… I really like it that way ‘cause back during tha ’05 – ’13 dayz, songs would neva go away! Now, it’s like I appreciate ‘em more! With a collaboration with Timbo, I can’t imagine what this’ll be like… Lookin’ forward to tha new year! Got some surprises on tha way! >>> Can’t imagine Timbo’s sound on this; sounds like a random lil’ dance track, so far… Not too bad wit tha male vocals in tha beginning, here… I’ono, tha chorus aight but nothin’ special of what I expected that it coulda been… Tha drop’s ehh; too country-poppyish? Anotha one that was too quick, lol… Gonna need a lil’ growth, here… Still, I don’t see it bein’ too bad… My Rating: 3.6


05. Lucas & Steve x Firebeatz feat. Little Giants “Keep Your Head Up”
Looks like a dope collab… Spinnin’, here, with tha special 120 BPM (not really “special” as in sound, but “special” ‘cause it’s my boy, Doe-Doe’s birthday number)! >>> Kinda sounds like it can be excitin’, but at tha same time, it ain’t too bad, here, for a start… Decent lil’ vocals and a nice lil’ chorus/beginning… I’ono, I like tha number 120, but I think it’s sometimes too slow for dance music… Drop ain’t too bad; kinda simple for this kinda collaboration… I’ll be nice and give it at least a 4.0, here… Still, I think there’s gonna be better ones on this CD… My Rating: 4.0


06. P!nk “What About Us (Cash Cash Remix)”
Not really big about this song and her adult-soundin’ tracks… RCA, here, with, at least, a different remix from MCD… >>> Sounds like it can be a strong remix but just for a simple pop song… Drop sounds like it can be a big dance anthem but, still, it’s tha P!nk remix… Yeah, I feel bored… Who knew: Tha previous tracks were mainly 2:45; this iz almost four minutes! Like I said, I like tha anthemic dance feel but it’s just a song that’s bleh… Even has a random club-soundin’ ending… My Rating: 3.7


07. Sam Feldt x Alex Schulz “Be My Lover”
Spinnin’ & 120, again, lol… I expect it to be dry but I’ono what we’ll get with this new Schulz on tha collab… >>> Oh no, I shoulda expected: Anotha remake! Damn! We gotta stay away from remakes & pop remixes! That’s where tha lower ratings come from… Well, as far as this, it’s a lil’ betta than some of tha shit on here… Tha vocals sound like Cheat Codes… As a guilty pleasure, I’d kinda appreciate this as somethin’ to get lost to? A good lil’ slow drop; not bad… Verses are decent; can’t complain too much… It seems like I’m feelin’ this slow vibe more than dislikin’ it… My Rating: 4.2


08. John De Sohn “Hum With Me”
Ultra, here, with a comeback… Just seen it on MCD but now, here’s my first official listen… >>> Likin’ tha music start… Not sure how our Johnny boy gon slow it down to 112 BPM, tho, as I was always used to hearin’ him at 128… Kinda a cheesy title (kinda like “My Own Hymn”—“Hum” & “Hymn” look alike, fa me)… A lil’ catchy with this hummin’; not bad of a chorus & climax… Definitely likin’ tha Egyptian, dance-y-soundin’ sounds in tha drop but tha drop kinda deep-houseish…? Not too bad, overall… My Rating: 4.1


09. Alesso & Anitta “Is That For Me”
Already on MCD with Big Beat for Alesso, here… I think it betta than average? Gotta rehear now that it’s here… >>> Sounds like a good vibe with good vocals… Just a lil’ simple chorus/drop but still nice… Just a simple, quick track; diggin’ it, tho… Still, this edition needs a lil’ more of a striking effect! My Rating: 4.2


10. Marnik feat. Rookies “Burn”
Astralwerks, here…; likin’ this collab… Of course, I know Marnik from tha Don Diablo collab on tha May ’17 PO (“Children Of A Miracle”) & their collab with Blazars (“King In The North”). Lookin’ forward to hearin’ this! Hope it gon be strikin’! >>> Slow start with decent, catchy vocals… This beat sounds like it gon be good… Tha chorus pretty catchy, in a new way… Kinda likin’ this drop… A lil’ slow and dry, at times, but still pretty interestin’… I’m mainly diggin’ this one… I’ono what else I wanna say about it, except that I’m lookin’ forward to seein’ how it does with me in 2018… Like I say, kinda decent for now, but I feel like there’s luck for it in tha future… Likin’ that bridge a lot with those repeatin’ parts! Lol, tha ending sounded like it ended at a 7th bar, not an 8th! My Rating: 4.3


11. Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels “I Miss You”
Big Beat, Atlantic & Republic all on tha labels, here… Anotha 105er with these two unexpectedly-successful artists collaboratin’… Hope this a good one, too! I know I gon dig this collab! >>> Kinda a slow start, here, but it ain’t bad… I kinda said that with “Symphony” but with my mom likin’ that song, it made me appreciate it a lil’ more… Hearin’ tha chorus and it’s really dry & slow… A lil’ bit of a vocal effect; ehh… Tha drop ain’t bad but it ain’t strikin’ fa me… I still think this a nice lil’ collab to have but it ain’t bad, here… Looks like this one gon need a lil’ growth fa me, for now… I know this’ll be a big mainstream one; I’ll leave it at that! My Rating; 3.8


½time: A 4.0-rated CD, so far… I’ono, nothin’ too-too strikin’, but nothin’ wack at all… Prolly gon get adjusted to these times… I wanna see how tha rest of this CD gon go… I know there’s some dope collabz comin’ up toward tha 2nd ½…; hope to look forward! C’mon, left-field bangaz!!!


12. Alan Walker feat. Noah Cyrus with Digital Farm Animals “All Falls Down”
RCA, here… Heard on MCD and for a nice collab, it ain’t really that special… Lemme give it its official, first listen… >>> Lol @ Noah with her “F-You,” randomly, especially with this soft-soundin’ dance track… Just a decent track with an above-average drop… Hearin’ tha male vocals on tha 2nd verse (tha Animals?) & it ain’t bad, here; caught me off guard… My Rating: 3.8


13. Avicii feat. Rita Ora “Lonely Together”
Geffen, here… I actually dug tha previous Avicii track that y’all ignored (“Without You” with Sandro Cavazza). Surprised he switched it up and went all tha way to 134 BPM… Now, he slowed it down to 103… Looks like it gon be a neat collab; lookin’ forward to hearin’! >>> Nice lil’ start, here… Likin’ how Rita sounds in tha beginning, here, on tha 1st verse… Sounds like a nice lil’ collab/chorus; definitely likin’! Can’t believe Avicii went from guilty-pleasured, country-soundin’ dance music to quality like this! Drop sounds pretty good and so does these not-so-Rita-soundin’ vocals… Who woulda thought Avicii would pass tha test of havin’ good fast & slow tracks, but bland-soundin’ regular-paced tracks…? Nice lil’ track, overall… My Rating: 4.3


14. Sofi Tukker feat. NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno “Best Friend”
Felt a lil’ mixed up, so lemme get into this without revealin’ tha ID… >>> Sounds like a lil’ deep house track? Kinda likin’ this slow drop and vibe, here… *Checks ID* Ultra, here, with a big lineup! Sofi Tukker, NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno; interestin’… Sounds like a blended version of ‘em all, despite me not knowin’ two of tha artists… Tha 3rd verse has a lil’ rappin’ goin’ on; kinda diggin’ it, here… Overall, kinda decent; I’ono about a 4.0, tho… My Rating: 3.7


15. Alex Midi “Send”
Can’t imagine Mr. Alex with a content warning… AfterCluv, here; lookin’ forward ta his new one! >>> Kinda sounds like it gon be a slow, pop-dance-soundin’ track… Okay, some female vocals, here… I like how this chick said, “Homies;” whoeva tha chick iz, definitely a nice lil’ debut (debut, I think? Dunno who it iz…). Tha chorus sounds like it’s pretty nice; definitely a lil’ catchy… Gotta give tha simple, positive-soundin’ drop a plus… Even tho it ain’t as strikin’ as some of my 4.6 – 5.0-rated tracks from previous POs, at tha moment, this my top-rated one… Sounds like a good future comin’ up; definitely feelin’ it & am ready for it! My Rating: 4.4


16. Sam Smith “Too Good At Goodbyes (Galantis Remix)”
Yeah, we gotta get rid of these remixes… Those dayz were ’07 – ‘11ish, before EDM took over tha mainstream… Capitol, here, with this… >>> With that 96 BPM, it has that “Girls & Boys”-type vibe… Kinda likin’ tha random drop but this soft-soundin’ shit ain’t need a PO appearance… I feel like I’m only interested ‘cause of tha drop… My Rating: 3.1


17. Lost Kings feat. Sabrina Carpenter “First Love”
Disruptor & RCA, here… After their few PO appearances, PO ignored their collab with Ally Brooke & A$AP Ferg (“Look At Us Now”). Then, this came outta nowhere & ain’t even get, like, a 2nd spin on MCD. Now, it kinda spreadin’ its wings a tiny bit? Still barely hear it… Lemme give it its review… >>> Just a lil’ slow track; nothin’ special… Kinda diggin’ these younger-soundin’ vocals with a decent track… I’m kinda zonin’ in and out ta this one, as its slow, plain-soundin’ vibe’s kinda borin’ me… Either way, not a negative review or track, here; just decent/nothin’ strikin’… My Rating: 3.6


18. Niall Horan “Too Much To Ask (Cedric Geravis Remix)”
Likin’ tha remixer but I’ono about 96 BPM… And, we have anotha remix from tha pop world, smh, courtesy of Capitol… >>> Kinda gettin’ bored of these slow starts, especially for pop remixes… Good lil’ remix but coulda been an original dance track… Not much to say about tha vocals, chorus & verses; they just bore me, mainly… Not too-too bad, but boring, mainly… My Rating: 3.2


19. Gazzo & American Authors “Good Ol’ Boys”
I’ono, I ain’t like pop songs remixed but now, it’s more like an adult-pop dance track, here, courtesy of Enhanced, too? I’ono, but lemme roll da dice & see… >>> Sounds a lil’ catchy but it gon have to be exciting, in a way… Sadly, I thought it was Gozzi as tha DJ, not Gazzo… Drop & chorus ain’t too bad, here; just a lil’ decent… Lol @ tha 2nd verse, with “Paul gettin’ caught stealin’ street signs.” Like, “Hi, my name iz Paul. What can I get for you today?,” “Anything else?!” “Anything else?!” What I deal with throughout tha week, lol… But yeah, kinda dry & ehh for an adult-dance track… Feels like we’re resurrectin’ one-hit-wonders? My Rating: 3.0


20. Elephante feat. Matluck “Come Back For You”
I’ono with all these slow songs… They need to have some sorta excitement for me… Elephante’s next self-released track, here; let’s see what we got… >>> Oh boy, a guitar in tha beginning… Yeah, with these male-vocal tracks & dry beats, I can’t really appreciate ‘em too much… Sounds like a nice lil’ slow drop, here; that’s mainly tha plus, here… Don’t really need to leave much feedback, as it’s just decent… My Rating: 3.3


21. Cuebrick feat. The Future Is Mine “United”
Enhanced, here, with 82 BPM (82’s anotha special # ‘cause it’s my boy, Doe-Doe’s birthyear)! Follow-up to tha perfect-rated “Smoke & Fire” (7/17 PO). With tha way this CD’s been goin’ with its disappointments, I hope this has a plus… Then again, I can’t really place my bets on it, right nah… >>> A male-vocal track, here… Sounds like it gon be a lil’ exciting with tha quiet beat start… Sounds like it gon be a strong drop with this chorus/climax… Yeah, a pretty dope drop, here; can’t complain… I may have to get more adjusted to this but it definitely deserves its props… My Rating: 4.2


22. Bobina feat. Cam Melnyk “Conquerors”
Magik Muzik, here, with a nice way to end tha amazing year off? Nice to see anotha  one from Bobina, here… At least this a dance/EDM way to end! Surprised how last year, we ended with tha Don Diablo remix to Rihanna’s “Love On The Brain”, a pop remix! And, tha year following it (2017, this year) became, like, tha BEST year!! But, let’s see how we gon score tha endin’ track… >>> Sounds like a good start… And, we have anotha male-vocal track… Sounds like it a good verse; definitely feelin’ tha beat from Bobina, here…! Tha drop’s pretty nice with this trap feel… Oh, but tha 132 BPM-soundin’ rest of tha track had me excited for a 132 BPM track in tha future for Bobina, hopefully? I feel like I know it’s comin’! Definitely likin’ how this an ending song; definitely nice! Definitely feelin’ tha anthemic vibe! Close call for tha top!! My Rating: 4.4


Overall: Kinda was disappointed with this edition, especially to end an EXCELLENT year off! However, with those tracks I liked a lot, at least I liked ‘em a lot, I guess? My advice for when we open up to 2018? Just cut out tha pop remixes, calm down on tha male-vocal tracks & tha remakes can go…


Rankings:

22.       Gazzo & American Authors “Good Ol’ Boys” 3.0
21.       Sam Smith “Too Good At Goodbyes (Galantis Remix)” 3.1
20.       Niall Horan “Too Much To Ask (Cedric Geravis Remix)” 3.2
19.       Elephante feat. Matluck “Come Back For You” 3.3
18.       Bruno Martini & Timbaland feat. Johnny Franco “Road” 3.6
17.       Lost Kings feat. Sabrina Carpenter “First Love” 3.6
16.       P!nk “What About Us (Cash Cash Remix)” 3.7
15.       Sofi Tukker feat. NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno “Best Friend” 3.7
14.       Alok & Mathieu Koss “Big Jet Plane” 3.7
13.       Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels “I Miss You” 3.8
12.       Alan Walker feat. Noah Cyrus with Digital Farm Animals “All Falls Down” 3.8
11.        Lucas & Steve x Firebeatz feat. Little Giants “Keep Your Head Up” 4.0
10.       John De Sohn “Hum With Me” 4.1
09.       VASSY & Afrojack feat. Oliver Rosa “Lost” 4.1
08.       Cuebrick feat. The Future Is Mine “United” 4.2
07.       Alesso & Anitta “Is That For Me” 4.2
06.       Rooverb, Alan Crown & Alicia Madison “Insanity” 4.2
05.       Sam Feldt x Alex Schulz “Be My Lover” 4.2
04.       Marnik feat. Rookies “Burn” 4.3
03.   Avicii feat. Rita Ora “Lonely Together” 4.3
02.   Bobina feat. Cam Melnyk “Conquerors” 4.4
01.   Alex Midi “Send” 4.4


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      84.9
Total Songs:                      / 22
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.9