FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Review #1,768: Promo Only: Dance Radio February 2018

Reviewed on 1.21.2018 (Review #1,768)


Promo Only: Dance Radio February 2018 iz here! Not sure how tha review gon do; we’ll see… Last year, I reviewed tha ’17 one on tha 22nd; this year’s, tha 21st. Hopefully, next year, I’ll be all ready and awake fa tha February 2019 edition on tha 20th, in honor of my boy’s birthday! Either way, I got it exclusively on tha 20th still counts as tha 20th, in my opinion! With that bein’ said, let’s see what we got here… Start Time: 2:20 PM | End Time: 4:09 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2018 CD Review (Review #1,768) reviewed on 1.21.2018 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. P!nk “Beautiful Trauma (MOTi Remix)”
Kickin’ it off with a pop remix makes me kinda have iffy anticipation… Honestly, I thought them dayz of tha most-popular dance tracks out are tha pop remixes were over (’06 – ’11)? RCA, here… >>> Ehh, just a remix, as far as tha beginning goes… Just a simple, up-poppy drop; nothin’ special… Also, unlike those dayz from ’06 – ’11, tha remixes these dayz are mainly under 128 BPM! Not tha same times! Can’t say it’s anything bad… Just a lil’ remix; that’s it… My Rating: 3.2


02. SJ feat. Svrcina “Flicker”
Enhanced, here, with an unexpected banga fa me… Uncredited vocals from Svrcina, this time! Definitely diggin’ tha way tha music sounds during tha verses and with tha vocals… Also, even tho tha drop a lil’ dry, at times, I feel it to enjoy this whole entire track! Definitely a nice lil’ collab, here! Hope it gets more promotion than its previous single, “Reflection” (11/17 PO). That deserved a lot more attention, but it ain’t work out that way, smh… My Current Rating: 4.7


03. James Arthur “Naked (CADE Remix)”
Looks like it gon be interesting for a CADE appearance but, overall, can’t imagine me likin’ it too much? Columbia, here… >>> Kinda takin’ it as a cheesy pop remix, as far as tha beginning goes… I’ono, do I anticipate a special vibe comin’ outta nowhere, to be worth it? Well, I’ono about special, but I’m diggin’ those random vocal chops in tha drop… Followin’ a slow track, overall, it’s ehh… I like it betta than P!nk, at least… At least this has three vocal chop drops, unlike sometimes, I usually hear two… My Rating: 3.7


04. Arlissa & Jonas Blue “Hearts Ain’t Gonna Lie”
Looks like it’ll be special, but only 95 BPM fa a #04 track? Def Jam, here… >>> I’m feelin’ like I’m likin’ it fa a start, here, between tha vocals and beat… Definitely diggin’ how tha track rises with tha pre-chorus! Tha drop “ahh-ight” (as my boy, Doe-Doe, says)… I feel like tha track, overall, sounds best… Sometimes, tha chorus sounds like it can sound like a remake… My Rating: 4.4


05. Ralphi Rosario feat. Donna Blakely “Cold (David Morales Radio Mix)”
Looks like somethin’ that belongs on here! Anticipated…! Carrillo on tha signin’, too! Nice exposure! >>> I’ono, but it seems like it sounds like throwback music… At first, I was thinkin’, like, disco-house but, honestly, it has a lil’ bit of that and a throwback sound to it… Prolly decent taste buds goin’ on fa this, overall… Sounds nice and random, house-like for tha 1st verse and how tha vocals be soundin’… I feel like it feels like an honor to have this on here… I wasn’t too sure if it fit to belong on here but it’s here… Nice lil’ lost vibe… I’ono how well I’mma rate this… My Rating: 3.9


06. Joe Bermudez feat. Louise Carver “Crazy Enough (RetroVision Remix – Radio Edit)”
Lol, I’m feelin’ real nice, right now, that I forgot what #06 was… Well, as I tell my boy, Doe-Doe, ta not feel old, how about this: Just last year/end of 2015, Louise Carver made a comeback with her “Not Tonight” collab with Joe Bermudez… Hadn’t heard her in 12 years (from ’04)! There’s neva too much time ta take off! You got this in tha music business!! But yeah, definitely a sound-growing collab, courtesy of 617… Music Choice Dance added it tha same week I got my track completed from Doe-Doe! Definitely a hype week; definitely feelin’ tha slower-soundin’ vibe fa a 128er… She should always stay active in tha dance world, no matter what year it iz! Gotta love her! My Current Rating: 4.3


07. Mono Mind “I Found My Soul At Marvingate (Sofa Tunes Remix)”
Somewhat-heard a sample from MCD, yesterday, on my dawg’s birthday! Courtesy of BMG & ADA, I think it’s betta than their previous single, which I thought was just decent? >>> A strange intro, here… This really gon surprise me outta nowhere? I’ono, fa somethin’ that sounds like it can be a guilty pleasure, I’m thinkin’ this gon ace it… I think it have a cool-soundin’ weird to it… I can appreciate it, at times, no matter if it sounds like a guilty pleasure… I’ono, but it sounds a lot betta with tha female from tha last song, makin’ a nice appearance b4 tha 2nd verse ended! I’ono, but a good, strange song fa me… My Rating: 4.2


08. Kristine W “Stars (Freejak Radio Mix)”
Looks like anotha one that I think should belong on a PO! Nice lil’ appearance, here; always a pleassure to see her, courtesy of Fly Again Music! Hope it meets my expectations… >>> Well, from tha beginning, definitely a YES!!! Definitely feelin’ it and meetin’ my expectations like it’s easy!! Tha true, exact feeling I’m feelin’ when my boy, Doe-Doe, comes up to visit me (soon; tha flight got fucked up from weather, this past weekend… I guess I’m takin’ it easy if this review’s goin’ well!)… I feel like my eyes hurt from seein’ tha “stars” too much!! Sounds like a nice chorus and tha music sounds good throughout tha drop/leadin’ to tha followin’ verse… Almost sounds like tha music vibe changed? Maybe, I’m just trippin’, lol? My Rating: 4.8


09. Dan Thomas Presents Reiss Harrison “Sex On Fire (Valiant Kings & Khayati Remix)”
Just lookin’ at that ID and repeatin’ it back makes me think like, “If I like this, repeatin’ tha ID back’s gon be a biiiiiiitch!!,” lol! Both Neo & Carrillo on tha label, here… I’ono, I hope this ain’t no remake or somethin’, makin’ it feel like a pop remix when it should be dance, all tha way? Tryin’ to keep my interest up, while I’m at it… While I don’t think it’s no Kings Of Leon, my interest holds up… Oh, it took a full minute, but…, let’s see… Funny that it only needed one quick part fa me ta realize… But yeah, givin’ tha drop its props… Tryna fool myself outta bein’ cheesed out! I’ono, but my interest remained top-notch; nice lil’ remake fa tha 2K18 dance world! My Rating: 4.6


10. AFSHeeN & Rebecca Ferguson “Uncrazy”
Really wanna hear what my boy has in sto’ fa this one, courtesy of Be Yourself! Can’t wait ta hear, especially a mid-paced track of 117 BPM!! >>> This one catchin’ me off-guard, in a softer way, here… Sounds like a good lil’ chorus… A softer-soundin’ song than I expected, here… Not complainin’, but likin’ how tha drop continues, at times… I’ono, but I feel like this gon be AF’s biggest hit, surprisingly? Not too-too bad, overall… My Rating: 4.0


11. L’Tric “Why”
Oh boy, tha 3:07 & 120’s strike again!!! May not be too noticeable throughout tha year, due to no more activity at that place. However, here, tha two numbers connect fa 2018, courtesy of Robbins, no less! Lookin’ forward ta not bein’ disappointed in any way!!! >>> Again, we have anotha unexpected-soundin’ song!! Sounds like a unique-soundin’ house track! Definitely diggin’ tha sound of this! It makes me feel like I’m lovin’ what’s comin’ up fa dance music in 2018! Definitely a taste of interestin’ throughout tha whole entire track! My Rating: 4.6


½time: Definitely diggin’ this PO, with its unexpected sounds! A 4.2-rated CD, so far! Definitely nice! Definitely gotta keep it goin’!!


12. Great Good Fine Ok & Before You Exit “Find Yourself”
Ultra, here, with a decent, new track from them… >>> I now have Sirius XM BPM as one of my outlets, so I seen that they added this & I got a quick sample of it… I thank it a lil’ slow and dry… It’s almost like nothin’ special’s happenin’ throughout tha song… Just a plain-ole song, lol… My Rating: 3.1


13. Demi Lovato “Tell Me You Love Me (Dave Audé Remix)”
All Hollywood, Island & Republic, here, with a remix… I’ono about all tha remixes! >>> I wasn’t bashin’—I kinda expected things to be better than usual with DA & 105 BPM… Sounds like a betta-than-usual remix than, say, P!nk… Kinda got cheesy as tha chorus progressed… Likin’ how it sounds a lil’ different durin’ tha drop and all that… It’s almost like I can feel hidden pieces of a more dance sound than a pop-remixed sound… My Rating: 3.8


14. Bruno Martini & Zeeba “With Me”
AfterCluv, here, with anotha single from our guy! Wasn’t catchin’ onto tha Timbaland collab, from tha previous single, so now, here’s a retry? I feel like this gon be 10x betta, at least!! Valuable?!? >>> So far, off to a decent start… Hearin’ tha chorus and it sounds great, especially with it feelin’ like we all need each otha b4 it’s too late! Definitely diggin’ tha vibe; decent lil’ drop, too… I like its attempt to get betta as tha drop progresses; not bad… Maybe not 10x betta but just a tad better… My Rating: 3.6


15. Cash Cash & Dashboard Confessional “Belong”
Oh, I’ono about this collab, courtesy of Big Beat & Fueled By Ramen… >>> Soundin’ more like a pop sound in tha beginning than tha rock sound I was expectin’? Sounds like a good lil’ drop; don’t feel like it’s DC… I feel like I can appreciate this than some of tha previous songs on here… My Rating: 4.1


16. Mako “Breathe”
Ultra, here, with a new one from them… Hmm… I feel like I have tha same anticipation level fa all their songs… Only 76 BPM, here, fa them… >>> Sounds interestin’ with how they sound… Sounds a lil’ too slow? Almost like a morphed sound with some1? Yeah, needs a lil’ bit of a faster-soundin’ remix… Other than that, it’s barely on a decent level fa me… My Rating: 2.8 (low rating but has a chance at soundin’ betta, later on…)


17. Craig David feat. Bastille “I Know You”
RCA, here, with an interestin’ collab. However, an original version from Craig, here, with only 70 BPM? Acceptance! … >>> Didn’t add it from my 1st listen… Sounds like a unique sound during tha verses but a cheesy drop? Actually, really-slow trap drop, lol… Sounds like a decent lil’ collab with tha Bastille guys on tha 2nd verse… My Rating: 3.7


18. West Coast Massive feat. Otis Parker “Waiting”
Looks like it can be a catchy ID, courtesy of Robbins… I’ono… Can’t really tell… Feels like I’m in for a randomized moment…!! >>> Sounds like a nice intro with these vocals and this slow beat! Almost sounds like a remake? I’ono, but it sounds pretty nice! Definitely a euphoric, special-soundin’ track!! Definitely sounds like a nice, trippy-soundin’ drop! Luv tha soundin’ of this track!! Definitely near tha top-rated fa me on this CD!! My Rating: 4.9


19. Phantoms “Pulling Me In (Eva Shaw Remix)”
Casablanca & Republic, here, with remixin’ this one… No PO appearance for their big, previous release, “Just A Feeling”, “but now, we here,” lol, in my Doe-Doe voice… I’ono, I’m expectin’ a decent track…? >>> Almost sounds like an R&B track, at times… Diggin’ tha random, dark sounds of Eva on tha drop! Hidden darkness outta nowhere! Diggin’ it fa a random sound, here… It beats some of tha tracks on here… My Rating: 4.2
EDIT: Right as I was ready ta write tha ID to #20, here comes “Just A Feeling (Eden Prince Remix)” on MCD; trippy!!


20. CamelPhat & Elderbrook “Cola (Robin Schulz Remix Edit)”
Here come tha re-entries… Reminds me of tha January ’14 CD, which iz ironic ‘cause that was when I was shortly away from a new job… I’m in that situation, as we speak… This a mini break period from one job and I feel like it’s tha dayz of January ’14 again, lol! ADA, Defected & Big Beat, here… >>> More of a club mix than what MCD has… Not an overrated song but I feel like it left its mark in tha dance music scene, outta nowhere… Sounds like a dope remix, in its own wayz, but I feel like I ran its time with tha original version… My Current Rating: 4.1


21. Niall Horan “Too Much To Ask (Dannic Remix)”
Oh boy, how random, especially for a 130 BPMer ta be in this spot, toward tha end! Capitol, here, with Re-Entry #02! >>> Sounds like it gon be, like, a slow, simple dance remix… For a remixer that’s usually more powerful than this, I think this a lil’ “too much” of a commercial approach? Not really soundin’ right and takes a while fa tha drop… Sounds like a good drop but doesn’t sound like it fits with tha song… Also, a lil’ on tha long side, here… My Rating: 2.1


22. Marnik feat. Rookies “Burn (Ryan Riback Remix)”
From 105 to 113, as far as tha BPM differences go, from tha 12/17 CD, here’s Re-Entry #03. I’ono how much betta a 113 BPM will sound but I feel like this gon be tha best outta tha three re-entries, courtesy of Astralwerks… >>> Likin’ how tha beginning sounds like tha original version… Sounds like it gon be more anthemic than tha original version, based off this chorus/climax? Yeah, a lil’ extra boost, randomly… I’ll have to say, yeah, tha best outta tha re-entries… Like how there’s an extra dance boost to it, randomly… My Rating: 4.2


Overall: This CD had its ups and downs, but for tha most part, had some bangerz… We’ll see how I latch onto these, as tha future comes up! Will my boy, Doe-Doe, make a surprise appearance to make up for tha missed weekend? We shall see! This iz why tha world iz too fuckin’ exciting!!!


Rankings:

22.       Niall Horan “Too Much To Ask (Dannic Remix)” 2.1
21.       Mako “Breathe” 2.8
20.       Great Good Fine Ok & Before You Exit “Find Yourself” 3.1
19.       P!nk “Beautiful Trauma (MOTi Remix)” 3.2
18.       Bruno Martini & Zeeba “With Me” 3.6
17.       James Arthur “Naked (CADE Remix)” 3.7
16.       Craig David feat. Bastille “I Know You” 3.7
15.       Demi Lovato “Tell Me You Love Me (Dave Audé Remix)” 3.8
14.       Ralphi Rosario feat. Donna Blakely “Cold (David Morales Radio Mix)” 3.9
13.       AFSHeeN & Rebecca Ferguson “Uncrazy” 4.0
12.       CamelPhat & Elderbrook “Cola (Robin Schulz Remix Edit)” 4.1
11.        Cash Cash & Dashboard Confessional “Belong” 4.1
10.       Marnik feat. Rookies “Burn (Ryan Riback Remix)” 4.2
09.       Phantoms “Pulling Me In (Eva Shaw Remix)” 4.2
08.       Mono Mind “I Found My Soul At Marvingate (Sofa Tunes Remix)” 4.2
07.       Joe Bermudez feat. Louise Carver “Crazy Enough (RetroVision Remix – Radio Edit)” 4.3
06.       Arlissa & Jonas Blue “Hearts Ain’t Gonna Lie” 4.4
05.       Dan Thomas Presents Reiss Harrison “Sex On Fire (Valiant Kings & Khayati Remix)” 4.6
04.       L’Tric “Why” 4.6
03.   SJ feat. Svrcina “Flicker” 4.7
02.   Kristine W “Stars (Freejak Radio Mix)” 4.8
01.   West Coast Massive feat. Otis Parker “Waiting” 4.9


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      87.0
Total Songs:                      / 22
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.0