FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Review #1,772: Promo Only: Dance Radio May 2018

Reviewed on 4.15.2018 (Review #1,772)


Been a continuous-kinda roll with life and work, already rollin’ into Promo Only: Dance Radio May 2018! Start Time: 6:35 PM | End Time: 11:44 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2018 CD Review (Review #1,772) reviewed on 4.15.2018 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa “One Kiss”
Columbia, here, with me already guessin’ what tha #01 song on tha PO was gon be… And, I was correct! Has a decent/above-average-kinda vibe, here… Definitely feelin’ its upliftin’ vibe, here… Definitely nice for both tha dance and pop worlds… Like tha lil’ “one (one…)” parts in tha background, after tha chorus… My Current Rating: 4.6


02. Sander Van Doorn feat. Belle Humble “No Words”
Spinnin’, here, with most of tha tracks on here already have just, mainly, a brief listen to, but slightly knowin’… Anotha nice collaboration, just like tha previous song! Definitely lovin’ bein’ in-your-own world-type vibes, here, continuously feelin’ zoned out!! Intense feelings, here!! Crazy-ass drop & melody!! My Current Rating: 4.9


03. Above & Beyond feat. Justine Suissa “Cold Feet”
An Anjunabeats-release, here, with a brief listen… A slow start, but could get faster…? Just a touch faster, but still better than nothin’… A betta-than-average-soundin’ growth from previous sounds/listens… Yeah, somewhat-sounds like it soundin’ betta as it gets closer to tha end…! My Current Rating: 4.5


04. Madison Mars feat. Caslin “All They Wanna Be”
A new one with Enhanced, here… Looks like it can be a huge one fa me…! Lovin’ tha dance-only theme, so far! >>> Sounds like some catchy-ass vocals and beats, here!! Definitely sounds pure!! GR8 drop and continuous beats goin’ on, here!! Lyrics? Perfect fa tha quality/sound of music!! Definitely top-notch, to tha fullest!! My Rating: 4.9


05. VASSY feat. Sultan + Shepard “Somebody New”
Armada, here, with anotha tight collab… Just decent, fa me, compared to some of her previous collabs… Decent, upliftin’ vibe; betta-than-average collab… My Current Rating: 4.1


06. Wolfgang Gartner “Ching Ching”
Casablanca, here, with an interestin’ new single… More exposure? Could be tha move it needs, bein’ on here…! >>> Sounds like a catchy lil’ male-vocal track, here… A tough-ta-deal-with-kinda song, here, as I always feel like it should feel like a boost to a friendship-type vibe/gain! My Current Rating: 4.0


Random Intermission: 7:11 PM. As I took an intermission to call Doe-Doe up, I threw up on tha phone wit him! Too much success? I felt it! Waited fa him ta call back but I called & now, at 10:25 PM, over three hours later, I’m resumin’ this! Look at what all that excitement does ta ya? Can’t believe I threw up in tha middle of tha review! Seems like a crazy celebration!


07. Valentino Khan “Lick It”
Spinnin’, here, with a spooked-out-like MCD track… Lemme rehear tha craziness… Didn’t really do anything fa about three hours b4 listenin’ to this! >>> Sounds like a random joint… Nothin’ too much with tha track, between tha sound and tha random lickin’ topic, here. But, what we’re lickin’s a hidden catch to my likings! Either way, on a decent vibe fa me, overall. My Current Rating: 3.7


08. Disco Killerz & Liquid Todd “Changes”
Crowd Records, here, with a new release from them… Some uncredited vocalist on tha female vocals, here, soundin’ pretty nice… A pretty-good slower sound, here… Nothin’ much to say… My Current Rating: 4.3


09. NOTD feat. Bea Miller “I Wanna Know”
A new release from Island, here… What will this 120er lead into…? >>> Sounds like it has a nice lil’ start, here… Definitely feelin’ this new female-vocal track… Just realized outta tha nine tracks on here, this only tha 2nd one I didn’t hear at all… Tha drop ain’t too bad… Prolly coulda sounded a lil’ betta with tha excitement goin’ throughout tha track… More of an above-average decent song than a top-notch banger, for me… I seen tha potential to grow…? My Rating: 4.2


10. Syn Cole feat. MIO “Who You Are”
ICONS & PRMD, here, with anotha MCD song… A lil’ betta than decent, too… Some good beat and vocal parts… Nothin’ too striking, even with tha decent drop… Just an okay song tryna be, like, a tight banger, at times… My Current Rating: 3.8


½time: For how crazy tha beginning vibes felt, this CD’s definitely worth a nice lil’ comeback! A 4.3-rated CD, currently! Gotta keep it up!!


11. Duke Dumont feat. Ebenezer “Inhale”
Astralwerks, here, with anotha one that has great, secret lyrics but doesn’t sound that great to me… “High on life, low on sleep;” excellent start, despite my “sleep” bein’ too “high,” these dayz… Not really into this discoish vibe… What would it sound like if it was a “Real Life”-produced perspective? Interestin’ combination…? Like I say, great lyrics, but not tha kinda music vibe I’m feelin’ for tha dance world… My Current Rating: 3.1


12. Aiden Jude feat. Max Landry “Sub Zero (Kue Remix)”
Anotha Crowd release on this PO! Mighta got a brief listen but, for this remix, lemme see how this stands out, once again… >>> A lil’ slower and less-elemental vibe, but I’m likin’ this male-vocal sound… Kinda a good-soundin’ drop, here… This has a better music vibe than some of tha decent tracks on here… Oh, likin’ how it says, “So cold,” during tha drop… One of my favorite tracks from my boy, Doe-Doe, was dat “So Cold”. Where did nine years go? Lots of consistency still goin’, as well as random changes! My Rating: 4.4
EDIT: Took me till Song #20 on here to realize that this tha only song on this PO with a remix! Crazy! That’s tha least I’ve seen it at! Y’all really put tha “dance” back in Dance Radio? Yup!!


13. Alice France “Finally”
So excited ta hear a follow-up, courtesy of NHMM!! Really loved tha “True Love” collab wit Juic3box, from tha Doe-Doe-life-changin’ 9/17 PO! Can’t wait ta hear this slower one…! >>> Ironic that, as tha beginning was playing, I was thinkin’ of CeCe Peniston… And, I was right; dance vs. dance cover, here… Crazy to know that tha drop’s pretty dope, here, even tho I’m not too crazy about dance-vs.-dance tracks, here, where dance cover/remakes are of other dance songs… A lil’ somethin’, somethin’ ta know: CeCe & PO have to both do with a password of mine! I have to say, Alice has, like, a ‘90s diva-type voice that, if this was tha early ‘90s like “Finally”, she would fit in with them… My Rating: 4.4


14. Disco Fries feat. Raquel Castro “U Make Me”
Enhanced, here, with an anticipating collab! A hint of exclusive comin’ outta Sirius XM BPM, so that’s where most of these quick-listens be comin’ from… I thank, compared to Raq’s collab with Xenia Ghali on “Places”, this coulda sounded way better like that collab… >>> A lil’ dry with tha music start but sounds better than average, I guess? I’m likin’ how tha chorus sounds and has a strong build-up… I guess, for tha pace, tha drop ain’t too bad… As I look back at all tha value I’ve brought to tha table within these 29 years, I have to say, I neva really did a great job with showin’ it off, in tha beginning. However, as each year goes on, more value iz spread, I believe! But yeah, just a decent lil’ track that coulda been betta from both artists… My Rating: 3.9


15. Digital Farm Animals x Shaun Frank x Dragonette “Tokyo Nights”
Just like tha previous song, I feel tha same way with how this iz one of those above-average/decent songs, courtesy of RCA… >>> Sounds like it could be anthemic in tha beginning… Anotha slow start but I’m likin’ all these “smokin’” references in songs/tracks in this edition’s PO, these dayz! Vocals almost sound like Chainsmokers, who are on this CD, no less… I like how Dragonette appeared and combined with tha Farm! Definitely likin’ tha drop and energy!! That climax had top-notch, Adam K & Soha-like build-ups from tha last decade/early 2010’s that I used to think was played out!! I think this one sounds better than most decent tracks on here! Definitely betta than my lil’ quick listen…! My Rating: 4.5


16. Frank Walker feat. Callum Stewart “Footprints”
Astralwerks, here, with this new one… Don’t think I heard it, yet… >>> Kinda a slow start, here… I feel like I have better expectations… Let’s see, as it’s slowly kickin’ in… Ehh, kinda dry… A decent-soundin’ chorus but a slow, semi-disco-soundin’ song… Prolly woulda been must faster if, *Gets annoyed by thinkin’ about it…* tha track woulda been faster, like plenty otha songs! My Rating: 3.0


17. Cash Cash feat. Abir “Finest Hour”
Big Beat, here, with anotha new one from them! Just tha last PO had their “Jewel” and now, this their 3rd appearance on a PO edition fa 2018! That’s big! This song, I believe, iz decent, compared to tha “Jewel”… >>> Sounds like catchy music for slower-soundin’ Cash Cash, here… Chorus kinda ehh… That’s where tha decent/dry vibes come from… Kinda a random drop, here, gettin’ confused at what vibe I’m witnessing, here (tight, bleh, decent)… Tha 2nd verse don’t sound as catchy as I thought tha 1st verse woulda sounded… Kinda a disappointment, here, but nothin’ to be ashamed of… My Rating: 3.3


18. Kygo feat. Miguel “Remind Me To Forget”
Anotha decent one, here, but outta this, #16 & 17, I think this tha best one outta tha three… Ultra & RCA, here, with a decent collab, here… Your typical-soundin’ Kygo vibe, here, with a nice lil’ Miguel sound, I guess… Seems like he keeps sneakin’ his way into tha dance world, hence, this tha 2nd PO appearance on back-to-back editions! Nothin’ much ta say about this… Anotha commercial-type crossover for our Kygo… My Current Rating: 3.9


19. Matoma feat. MAX “Lonely”
Big Beat, here, with anotha interestin’ collab and semi-listen… Not really too crazy about MAX on so many songs, these dayz… He just a decent artist fa me; nothin’ to go crazy about… >>> Slow beats during tha beginning but I kinda like MAX’s expressive vocals on tha hook… Tha drop ain’t too bad; I can dig it, a lil’… My Rating: 3.2


20. The Chainsmokers “Everybody Hates Me”
Disruptor & Columbia, here, with tha Smokers… Since they’ve been vocalizin’ and slowin’ down their tracks, my interest for them has been kinda low… They seem to be fallin’ into that disappointin’ mainstream sound… >>> Yeah, like, good lyrics, at times, but too cheesy-soundin’… I like how tha chorus sounds and tha drop’s better than some of tha drops on here… Not too bad; better than their “Rude Boy”, tho! My Current Rating: 3.4


21. Alicia Madison “Toxic Rain”
Spinnin’, here, and, a PO 1st? No BPM listed on tha info! A mysteriously-paced ending track! Well, if The Chainsmokers were 78 BPM and tha tracks got slower (excluding #18), will this…? Naw, unless she’s tryna surprise me? My mom discovered her two dayz ago (“Insanity” on MCD) and I told Alicia about it / tha day she discovered me on Twitter (9.09.2013)! She felt honored about it and I told my mom that she answered me; good beans!! Can’t wait ta hear tha new one ta end this crazy PO off!! >>> Yes, definitely feelin’ this!! I guess tha mysterious BPM made it randomly appear as our ending song? Sounds like a slower-produced track but definitely lovin’ these elements!! Definitely a lot hotter than a bunch of tha disappointments on here! Definitely feelin’ her with a strong sound in tha drop! Definitely diggin’ tha slow production! Who knows, Alicia could be our next trap girl on features, lol! Just scanned its BPM and yeah, it fits at tha end, here, with 70/140 BPM… Definitely glad we saved one of tha best for last, after tha CD was soundin’ decent/iffy…!! My Rating: 4.8


Overall: Crazy PO! A few let-downs toward tha near-end but then, Alicia Madison saved one of tha best for last! Most of tha bangerz were pretty nice! Tha last PO was a lil’ later with bein’ produced than this one, so I was caught off-guard and happy with this one’s timing!


Rankings:

21.       Frank Walker feat. Callum Stewart “Footprints” 3.0
20.       Duke Dumont feat. Ebenezer “Inhale” 3.1
19.       Matoma feat. MAX “Lonely” 3.2
18.       Cash Cash feat. Abir “Finest Hour” 3.3
17.       The Chainsmokers “Everybody Hates Me” 3.4
16.       Valentino Khan “Lick It” 3.7
15.       Syn Cole feat. MIO “Who You Are” 3.8
14.       Kygo feat. Miguel “Remind Me To Forget” 3.9
13.       Disco Fries feat. Raquel Castro “U Make Me” 3.9
12.       Wolfgang Gartner “Ching Ching” 4.0
11.        VASSY feat. Sultan + Shepard “Somebody New” 4.1
10.       NOTD feat. Bea Miller “I Wanna Know” 4.2
09.       Disco Killerz & Liquid Todd “Changes” 4.3
08.       Alice France “Finally” 4.4
07.       Aiden Jude feat. Max Landry “Sub Zero (Kue Remix)” 4.4
06.       Above & Beyond feat. Justine Suissa “Cold Feet” 4.5
05.       Digital Farm Animals x Shaun Frank x Dragonette “Tokyo Nights” 4.5
04.       Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa “One Kiss” 4.6
03.   Alicia Madison “Toxic Rain” 4.8
02.   Madison Mars feat. Caslin “All They Wanna Be” 4.9
01.   Sander Van Doorn feat. Belle Humble “No Words” 4.9


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      84.9
Total Songs:                      / 21
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.0