FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Review #1,776: Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2018

Reviewed on 7.21.2018 (Review #1,776)


Well, had an unlucky birthday time, as I didn’t really do anything during my 30th birthday week. I still have a trip to Cali planned, tho, so we’ll see how that goes! However, my big surprise for my 30th birthday was ruined…; my boy’s mom had surgery on her breasts. Needless to say, for tha 3rd time, my boy canceled on me. Luckily, looking at tha tracklist for Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2018, it makes me believe that tha summer gon get better for me! Ironic to know that I reviewed tha August edition on tha same day (July 21) in 2007 & also, last year, when I did a live review of it! Guess this tha most-frequent PO review day? Tha 1st PO review in my 30’s & on my latest Windows laptop! Definitely lookin’ forward to makin’ my summer better!! Start Time: 8:08 PM | End Time: 10:48 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2018 CD Review (Review #1,776) reviewed on 7.21.2018 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Axwell /\ Ingrosso feat. RØMANS “Dancing Alone”
Looks like a nice collab, courtesy of Astralwerks & Capitol, this time. A/\I were on tha PO a year ago, today, too! But yeah, only one song I heard from RØMANS (10/15 PO) with Markus Schulz on tha mix. Great job and now, we have this… Music Choice Dance got, so here goes an official full listen… >>> Sounds like it can be some good beats but okay vocals, compared to their “Uh Huh” track that I mentioned, earlier. Drop ain’t bad; kinda dry, at times… For these decent times, I’ono how well it’ll do with me… Looks like a good look to have it as tha 1st track on this CD, but a decent track fa me… My Rating: 3.7


02. Paul Oakenfold feat. Little Nikki “Only Us”
Perfecto, once again!! Glad he’s here to join us, just like exactly one year ago & #02, just like tha March ’18 CD! Wish for more exposure, like back in tha dayz! Also, on June 16, I was at an ex-co-worker’s apartment, where one of them got to hang wit Paul, himself! >>> Oh, sounds pure, here!! Definitely lovin’ tha vibe to tha fullest!! I think I’m on exactly tha same level as I was, a year ago & on tha March ’18, combined! Really lovin’ these vocals tha best outta “Waterfall” & “Love Escape”! Think this one gets tha highest vote, with its pure, anticipatin’ music in tha background!! That means, it beats a 4.9 & even a 5.0—well, more like a tie, but a tiebreaker!! I wish my summer was tha quality of this song!! I know it’s gonna be, but I know it’s an evergrowin’ mission!! My Rating: 5.0


03. Bruno Martini & Olly Hence feat. Paul Aiden “The Cure”
AfterCluv, here… I’ono, his previous singles were not as successful wit me as tha one on tha PO from last year, too (wow, three artists back to back!! “Sun Goes Down”), with tha hidden “high!” But, I really do hope this one sounds pretty good… >>> Likin’ tha extended-soundin’ intro, here; definitely nice!! Oh, this definitely sounds betta than usual, even with tha male vocals! Tha “Aiden” = “Aiden” Jude powers, it feels like! Common qualities combinin’!! Definitely likin’ that chorus a whole lot!! Might be Bruno’s best single! Even betta than tha gettin’ “high” “Sun Goes Down”!! Great-soundin’ drop, too! Oh, it’s like a push to tha better!! Really feelin’ this a whole lot & wishes nothin’ but tha BEST for its exposure!! Life’s a party in tha 30’s!! Been reviewin’ PO since tha 10’s—teens!! My Rating: 4.9


04. CAZZETTE feat. Parson James “Missing You”
ICONS & PRMD, here, with, according to MCD samples, a decent/below-average one fa me? >>> Sounds like slightly-better beats, or tha same quality, as Axwell /\ Ingrosso’s… Not too crazy about tha vocals (Mr. “Stole The Show”) but I think this sounds betta than I expected… Kinda glad that they’re a lil’ faster than some of their previous collabz, but it’s still an okay drop/vibe… My Rating: 3.7


05. Landis “Ain’t Drinking Alone”
Oh, boy!! Looks like an interestin’ one, courtesy of Thrive Music!! A good look, here, for this DJ…!! >>> Tryna feel a lil’ surprised by these vocals…; will it make it happen? Sounds like a hot chorus… Sounds like a randomly broken-up drop… Has a good flow; just thought it’d sound more powerful…! Surprised how tha male vocals surpass tha drop’s quality…! Still, a good flow fa some nice weatha! My Rating: 4.4


06. Ferry Corsten “I Love You”
Oh, boy, x307!! 3:07, via Flashover & a 132 BPM track, here!! Prolly on an even-higher level, here…!!! >>> Definitely sounds pure & not in tha typical-soundin’ vibe…! Yeah, I thought this would be hot but it’s definitely surpassin’ expectations!! I think everyone should be nice and fast/different like this…! Oh, lovin’ every second of this…! Vocals almost sounds like a sample from a past song… Like, sometimes, I fall into that Toni Braxon “I Heart You” lil’, “I Love You”, just like this title! I think this gon be a ***PERFECT*** one, just like Mr. Perfecto…! Now, tha challenge iz on for tha real tie-breaker!! Last time, Oakenfold lost to Audien + 3LAU feat. Victoria Zaro “Hot Water”. This gon be a close, hot competition…! Can’t imagine what I gon pick…, or if a 3rd one gon appear…!! If a 3rd one appears, that means it gon be tha 1st time a review had three ***PERFECT RATING***s since I reviewed tha late Young Ready/Racked-Up Ready, outta Baton Rouge, LA’s 2009 That’s How I’m Coming CD, that I reviewed on March 27, 2009…! But yeah, lovin’ EVERY PART of this one, right here!!  My Rating: 5.0


07. Backstreet Boys “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (Dave Audé Radio Remix)”
RCA, here, with a Backstreet comeback…! Always exciting, especially with me livin’ that celeb life, these dayz! Glad tha mainstream appreciates…? DA showin’ more luv to BSB, just like their 10/09 appearance…! Boy, I got dat memory!! >>> I know I may get funny wit certain hit-mixers. However, I think this a good one, too; feel-good vibe…! Oh, tha chorus iz so cheap but I feel tha vibe in a dance way…; crazy… I’ono, just really likin’ tha remixed-music vibe, here, despite tha chorus “cheddar”—that’s “cheese!” Get it…? Lol… That joke by me, just now! Live @ 9:16 PM!! Racks!! My Rating: 4.5


08. Jonas Blue feat. Jack & Jack “Rise (Eden Prince Club Remix)”
Capitol, here… I always like “Club Mix” in an ID better than today’s “Club Remix”. Then again, I get it ‘cause most mixes, these dayz, don’t have “Radio Edit” or “Club Mix”, etc. It’s more of just a Remixed world… >>> It’s a lil’ bit of a guilty pleasure, but it’s still a nice lil’ remix! It’s all about tha growth! Tha long 20’s I had, featurin’ some great Promo Only moments! August 19, 2014, 1st time I emailed you guys about a review… April 24, 2015, when I was featured in tha eNewsletter! And, more countless ones! It’s believin’ & success that triggered that vibe! That’s what I always have in me…! This has good vocals, just like Jonas’ usual vibes wit males… And, nice job showin’ it luv, Eden! My Rating: 4.5


09. Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign “Accelerate (John J-C Carr Remix)”
RCA, here, with X-Tina… J-C & tha whole JC initials? Nice…! >>> Oh, definitely nice! Luv how she mentions her “day-ones!” This sounds pretty nice with tha content, random dude in tha background? …Pharrell? Naw, Future…? Tha J-C…? Lol… Definitely feelin’ everything! Content, remixed-vibe, random comeback vibe, vocals, vibes, random feature…! Oh, I see… Ty Dolla $ign snuck in… I know it ain’t 2 Chainz, lol… My Rating: 4.7


10. Martin Solveig “My Love”
Casablanca, here, with Solveig & 120… >>> Could I be surprised that it gon be good…? Yeah, I’m definitely feelin’ this vibe! He came up with somethin’ nice, here… Great job with these vocals and this “love” vibe; gotta “love” life fa tha 30’s…! Music fa a 120…? A thumbs up! My Rating: 4.4


½time: A 4.5-rated CD!! If only those two decent ones were somethin’ else (#01 & #04, lol), we prolly woulda been in tha… 4.7 range—damn, 1/10 each 3.7’er!! But yeah, a lot hotter than I expected…! It just feels really real hearin’ these POs in my 30’s…!!


11. Kacey Musgraves “High Horse (Kue Radio Remix)”
[No preview; just gonna hear it and not look…] >>> Wow, a lot better & more-pure than I expected…!! OMG, know this special voice…! Mandy…? That’s my 1st guess… Then again, I just gon enjoy this… Just looked at tha label and if it’s MCA Nashville & Capitol, here, ain’t that on a country tip? This, I feel, iz way hotter than that…!! *Looks at ID…* Wow, exactly for my current, 4.9-rated pre-rating! Definitely an excellent job at absorbin’ my attention…!!! My Rating: 4.9


12. PNAU feat. Kira Divine “Changa”
3:04, here, with etcetc, this time… Different from tha AfterCluv ones…? I know this gon be good… >>> Yeah, definitely sounds just as hot, if not, hotter than tha previous songs…! Still think they goin’ with their Kira Divine on their tracks… Oh, just luvin’ tha whole vibe between tha lyrics, upbeatness & unstoppableness…! Lots of “ness”!! Definitely locked & chained into tha consistency…! I’ono, I think, for this time, we need to tie that ***PERFECT*** tie-breaker…! Lol! My Rating: 5.0


13. Mono Mind “LaLaLove”
ADA & BMG, here, followin’ up their corny previous single, lol! “…Marvingate!!” Can’t imagine what this’ll be… >>> Kinda like how I felt with their previous song, that 1st listen sounds special… I think this may be tha best outta tha three singles, at least… I’ono, just seems like a positive, inescapable vibe!! I like how their characters come together on tha songs…! Think this tha less-cheddarific outta tha three MM songs, lol! My Rating: 4.9


14. SYML x Sam Feldt “Where’s My Love (Sam Feldt Edit)”
Spinnin’, here… I’ono, with tha way tha luck’s goin’ wit this CD, I feel a good vibe… My anticipation’s sayin’, “No,” but tha vibe iz sayin’, “Hell yeah…?” >>> Sam’s quiet-soundin’ vibe, as usual… Sounds real nice with these calm, male vocals… Yeah, definitely nice, here… Likin’ tha music vibe and how it mixes a calm vocal… My Rating: 4.7


15. Mandy Jiroux “Running Out Of You”
Just lookin’ at tha title, here… *Checks…* I think it might be my Mandy…! >>> Yeah, it could definitely be, with this hot-soundin’ vibe! Oh, just feels like a hot vibe with her hotness, as well as tha music, most definitely…! *Checks label…* Oh, fooled me, again? NHMM! Surprises…! *Pre-Rates, checks full ID…* Different label approach, but it’s Mandy!! My Rating: 4.8


16. AFSHeeN feat. Angel Taylor “Would It Be Ok”
Be Yourself, as Mr. SHeeN says, fa his releases…! Neva know what to expect with tha vibe but there’s always somethin’ special to link up his tracks with… I have a feelin’ we got anotha one, right here, right now…!! >>> Sounds like a nice, smooth track… At times, “Even superheroes need tha day off…” Actually, I’m not that; I’m stronger & more-consistent than that…! Releasing videos every single day—commercials! Crazy! A whopping 79 dayz in a row of releasing a commercial! “Gotta have it in ya for tha 30’s!!,” as I say! With that bein’ said, no dayz “off!!” That chorus sounds pretty nice! A nice lil’ slow jam that tries with awesome effort…! Calm, hot-soundin’ drop…! Wish there were better times and not a 2nd call-off from my boy, Doe-Doe, during tha “Uncrazy” times… My Rating: 4.6


17. Bakermat “Lion”
Here comes anotha surprise/blind review…! Prolly aight, tho… Guessin’ I know…? >>> Naw, completely different…! Sounds like a disco-like track but definitely awesome, in its own wayz…! I’ono, but hella catchy in a unique dance way…!! Sounds like a familiar artist; definitely growth or somethin’! Really feelin’ this vibe to tha fullest, lol…! That “lion” and random part from tha intro & about 2:08 in sounds like it was imported from tha Import Gods or somethin’! *Pre-Rating…!!* *Reveals ID…* Holy, fuck…! My rating was far-high from what I was expectin’ this ta be…! Definitely worth every point, tho! Sounds like a hot-ass comeback fa a 120’er—BPM on tha rise, right quick, lol…! Ultra! My Rating: 4.8


18. Whethan feat. Oh Wonder “Superlove”
Big Beat & Atlantic, here… After their previous, not-so-popular “High” wit Ms. Lipa, here comes this, on PO… >>> It sounds better and much-more dance-y than tha slow “High”… Tha vocals sound like they flow great with this more-dance vibe… Hearin’ a lil’ bit of trap but it more upbeat than a slow one… My Rating: 4.2


19. SAYMYNAME feat. Karra “The Most”
That content warning’s trippin’ me out, fa Karra…! Courtesy of Thrive, here, let’s see how a new collab wit a 100 BPM vibe gon do… I expected anotha BIG JACKPOT, just like some previous surprises…!! >>> Yeah, definitely feelin’ this euphoric vibe…!! Definitely some exotic lyrics, here; luv it…!! Excellent-soundin’ drop!! “More Than Ever”, “Quicksand”, “Where We Are” w/Ryos, “Smoke & Fire”, this? Definitely on anotha level, easily…!! Definitely feelin’ tha vibe Karra chooses—“takin’ control…!” That’s what I’m doin’ fa tha 30’s…!! Oh, Karra LUVS ***PERFECT RATING***s!!! My Rating: 5.0


20. NERVO “What Would You Do For Love”
BMG, here, bein’ tha only one under 100 BPM ta be on here… I’m glad we’re somewhat-faster… I hope we stay that way ‘cause this CD came by surprise…!! Now, I think we gon end it in an okay way… See, they finally reached a height wit their “Best Friend” collab…! >>> An unexpected male… Sounds pretty nice wit this trap-soundin’ vibe! They definitely know “what” to “do for” success/bein’ on tha rise…! My Rating: 4.4


Overall: Wow! This took 2:40 to review! That’s 4:20 boxed! Ironic luck fa tha 30’s…? Only two tracks were under a 4.0 and tha rest were like HIDDEN SUMMER TREASURE/TORCHES!!! Think it definitely deserved its place in 2018, after all tha disappointments…! Makes me look forward ta what’s next in tha world…!


Rankings:

20.       Axwell /\ Ingrosso feat. RØMANS “Dancing Alone” 3.7
19.       CAZZETTE feat. Parson James “Missing You” 3.7
18.       Whethan feat. Oh Wonder “Superlove” 4.2
17.       Landis “Ain’t Drinking Alone” 4.4
16.       NERVO “What Would You Do For Love” 4.4
15.       Martin Solveig “My Love” 4.4
14.       Jonas Blue feat. Jack & Jack “Rise (Eden Prince Club Remix)” 4.5
13.       Backstreet Boys “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (Dave Audé Radio Remix)” 4.5
12.       AFSHeeN feat. Angel Taylor “Would It Be Ok” 4.6
11.        SYML x Sam Feldt “Where’s My Love (Sam Feldt Edit)” 4.7
10.       Christina Aguilera feat. Ty Dolla $ign “Accelerate (John J-C Carr Remix)” 4.7
09.       Bakermat “Lion” 4.8
08.       Mandy Jiroux “Running Out Of You” 4.8
07.       Kacey Musgraves “High Horse (Kue Radio Remix)” 4.9
06.       Mono Mind “LaLaLove” 4.9
05.       Bruno Martini & Olly Hence feat. Paul Aiden “The Cure” 4.9
04.       SAYMYNAME feat. Karra “The Most” 5.0
03.   PNAU feat. Kira Divine “Changa” 5.0
02.   Paul Oakenfold feat. Little Nikki “Only Us” 5.0
01.   Ferry Corsten “I Love You” 5.0


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      92.1
Total Songs:                      / 20
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.6


Now, that’s a lotta reds!!! Excellent!! Makes me really look forward to tha future, in tha BEST wayz possible!! Let tha music guide you through tha quality of it in life form…!!