FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Review #1,779: Promo Only: Dance Radio September 2018

Reviewed on 8.16.2018 (Review #1,779)


Well, well, well! Got anotha anticipatin’ review comin’ up next! Reviewin’ it on my favorite artist’s 60th birthday, today! Also, five years since my first high, about 13 stories high up, definitely pushin’ myself into celeb/maximum/nonstop-growin’ status! I believe it & feel it, as we speak! Promo Only: Dance Radio September 2018!! Peeped tha tracklist out in my job’s bathroom & was amazed that 18 of tha 21 songs are not slow! Could be have a “revivaltation” (a revial & a nation reuniting; I just made that word up live, just now!)! Awesome ‘cause for September, I have a getaway comin’! Got some level-up plans!! I feel it, this time! I feel tha value behind it! Plus, I was working, makin’ an ad for tha newspaper, shootin’ a birthday video series, shootin’ commercials & now, reviewin’ this! One-man band fa tha 30’s!! Been goin’ hard since close to 5:00 AM!! Also, random fact: ‘Cause I got a new laptop, recently, I upgraded my iTunes & I don’t wanna shut tha shuffle off (won’t know what played). I had to transfer tha review’s files onto tha review desktop. Had this thang fa 10 ½ years and this tha 1st time tha review’s files for PO iz being reviewed in tha same combo, on my desktop! Random! Start Time: 10:09 PM | End Time: 11:43 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2018 CD Review (Review #1,779) reviewed on 8.16.2018 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Tritonal feat. Lourdiz “Love U Right”
Enhanced, comin’ through with this one… A decent one; might have to grow like “Out My Mind”… >>> Sounds like a collaboration wit a teenager… Almost like a guilty pleasure-soundin’ one but better than tha norm, I guess? As long as no sellin’ out goes on, I guess? A catchy hook wit a decent drop…; can’t say anything negative, I guess? Overall, a betta-than-average dance song that sounds like it should crossover… My Rating: 4.0


02. Markus Schulz feat. Sebu “Upon My Shoulders”
Coldharbour, here, comin’ through with what looks like it’ll be an excitin’ track/collab… I’m hopin’ for interestin’… >>> Sounds like a decent male-vocal track… Sounds a lot betta once tha drop hits; definitely a lot betta but more like I wanted it to be! Crazy-special transition of interest!! Definitely gotta luv tha chorus and “stay young forever!” I just hope my surprises continue to happen ‘cause I gotta influence THEM to “stay young forever!” No givin’ up!! My Rating: 4.8


03. VASSY x Lodato “Doomsday”
Sony RED & Vassy’s label, KMV, here, with a betta-than-average collab, here… Definitely gotta be ready fa tha “doom” in that “doomsday!” I already witnessed a lil’ bit of it, recently. Sometimes, I feel like Lodato coulda did a lil’ more wit his magic on tha collab, but it still has that catchiness in it! Keep gettin’ ‘em, VASS!! My Current Rating: 4.5


04. VIVID “Higher”
A PERFECT-kinda title to define today, a half-decade later! Enhanced, here, as I’m feelin’ enhanced fa this one, fa some reason…! >>> Caught me off-guard with tha strong intro but then, faded down… Kicked back up to a house feel… Tha drop sounds pretty nice… It sounds like what I did, recently: I was winning!! No longer a JACKPOT virgin!! 2.2k!! Versace drawers, doin’ big thangz fa tha 30’s…!! Definitely feelin’ tha energy and random consistency wit tha track, here…! My Rating: 4.6


05. Dynoro & Gigi D’Agostino “In My Mind”
Arista, here, with two when-I-started-my-music-taste-type times, here, with Mr. “I’ll Fly With You” & Arista, which I thought were long gone…? Activity-wise…? >>> Well, since tha original version of this song from six years ago neva made PO (Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay “In My Mind”), odd to hear it now, outta nowhere… Doesn’t even fit what I was predictin’… Sounds like a watered-down house vibe… Gotta say it: Gotta go in tha dumps! Don’t be fuckin’ with those “dance vs. dance” tracks (anotha dance version of a dance track)! My Rating: 2.2


06. Alessia Cara “Growing Pains (Justin Caruso Remix – Main)”
Def Jam, here, with somethin’ that we might need…? >>> Sounds like a lil’ improvement from a decent original version… Definitely sounds nice for a lil’ remix… Nice drop part; definitely soundin’ nice ta hear… Sometimes, decent; sometimes, definitely nice; fluctuatin’ mix! My Rating: 4.4


07. EZI “Dancing In A Room (Kue Remix – Radio Edit)”
5Towns & ADA, here, with anotha Kue Remix… Lookin’ forward, outta nowhere? Tha one on tha last PO caught me off-guard as a surprise…! >>> This ain’t too much on that other one’s level but this sounds pretty nice, too. It sounds like it has a positive vibe; can’t complain… Sometimes, it feels like I’m lost in a spaced-out, special dollhouse or somethin’, lol. I’ono, that’s this track’s vibe…! My Rating: 4.2


08. Tom & Collins feat. Carla Monroe “Grapefruit”
AfterCluv, here, with a tasty-lookin’ one? >>> Sounds like it’s definitely on some sorta catchy level…! Definitely an addictive, crazy-soundin’ future wit this one…! I believe it/feel it! Followin’ up from last year’s INSANE “All Over Again”, which was in tha #08 PO slot for last year’s September CD! Now, we here; crazy! I’ono, definitely entertainin’ and upbeat, to tha max…! Tha last T&C song, I thought I rated too high; I ain’t play that much… I feel like this iz worth it more, so, I have to tie tha ratings! My Rating: 4.8


09. John Mayer “New Light (Zookeper Remix)”
A “Zookeper”, here. Columbia, here, with an unexpected, random discovery via Mom and no chance to Shazam, lol? Remix, here…? >>> Uhh…, way too much of a guilty pleasure fa me, here… Sounds like it’s a lil’ slower than tha original’s vibe…? Only a part of this iz pretty much a thumbs up fa me… Tha rest of tha fraction iz a guilty pleasure-like tic—yeah, “tick…!” Not confusin’ tha spellin’ but ain’t have one “tick” on me today, but this just seems like a “tic” with its guilty pleasure slaps…! My Rating: 3.5


10. Captain Cuts & Zookeper feat. Georgia Ku “Do You Think About Me?”
Has this eva happened before…? A back-to-back appearance, especially bein’ tha 1st time I heard, just now… (Zookeper)?! Crazy!! Epic, here; prolly gon be a dance version of tha previous one’s vibe…? >>> Yeah, it’s more of a dance vibe of tha previous track… Definitely feelin’ this upbeatness to tha fullest! I’m likin’ Georgia more than tha one female I thought was decent… Drop ain’t too bad…; felt like I had more excitement during tha verse? Guess it’ll have to hit “me?” A random male computer ‘round tha 2:31 mark… Overall, it’s cool in its on wayz, fa me… My Rating: 4.6


½time: Pretty dope…! Looks like I have a dope future ahead…! A 4.2-rated CD during this edition’s ½time! Definitely nice, to tha fullest…!


11. CLiQ feat. Alika “Wavey”
Ultra & Columbia, here, with, what looks like it gon be a special collab…? For some reason, I liked their reason to “So Far Away”, thanx to Music Choice: Dance. >>> Really threw me off, during tha 1st second… Sounds like it’s been a minute since I done heard an urban-dance track like this… Definitely likin’ tha lyrics and vibe, here… Yeah, technically, me, I been “grindin’,” too, since 5:00 AM, not “8:00,” like they feel! We talkin’ 18 hours! Likin’ 1:46’s sound breakdown… Some of it may be a lil’ cheesy/ehh, but it’s…, okay…, good…, I guess…? My Rating: 4.1


12. Galantis feat. MAX “Satisfied (Sagan Remix)”
Not sure how much anticipation I can feel with MAX on tha feature… Big Beat, here, without a “Spaceship” appearance, smh… >>> Sounds betta than a boring song, I guess? Trippy-minded drop and its sounds, here; definitely a lil’ bit of a spiced-up interest…! My Rating: 3.9


13. ONEDUO & TwoWorldsApart “It’s Not You”
Oneduo Music, tha label, a self-released newbie! #13, too; crazy & risk-takin’! I say, “Risk-Takin’” ‘cause tha last time I traveled, it was on a Friday tha “13th” & it was an unexpected “risk!” Couldn’t believe I got outta dat one quickly…! But, that’s what makes us stronger, I guess? And, here we are: #13; oh, I think I feel a vibe off those words I just said… >>> Yeah, definitely some eerieness…! Wow, can’t believe what I said that was pretty crazy… And, it made this track pretty euphoric, off this sound and female…? Sounds like an okay drop fa a start… I feel like it’s gon get betta… Slightly, here… I definitely feel a pretty dope vibe, here! It almost sounds like a younger Plumb on tha vocals, here; definitely different and special!! I think it deserves BUKU attention!! Well, here I am to kick it off, as always…! That’s anotha reason why I’m gettin’ a 40% discounted deal off some1 who collaborated with NBA YoungBoy, last year, lol! My leading got me that discount—oh, they teamed up with Kevin Gates 10 years ago, too!! I knew them since February 17, 2008! Comin’ soon! *Wink* *Wink* My Rating: 4.9


14. MØ & Diplo “Sun In Our Eyes”
Columbia, here, with a follow-up collab to their vice-versa ID’d “Get It Right”. Now, here we are… >>> Sounds like a slow start but it fits this successful path I’m headed in, right now? Definitely feelin’ tha “sun in [my] eyes!” Sounds like it has pop appeal… I guess it’s more for tha mainstream than a true-on dance vibe, fa me? My Rating: 3.7


15. Bingo Players “Love Me Right”
Spinnin’, here… *Doesn’t say anything; shuts up to be safe, lol…* >>> Well, I kept a guard up and it’s way beyond what I thought it was gon be…! Definitely feelin’ tha lil’ intro, as well as this hot female! I know we’re now R.I.P. one of tha Bingo Players, but it seems like this a great way to continue…? Definitely has a good amount of high-energy parts to it; definitely feelin’ it…! Definitely feelin’ this in a special way…! Feel like it deserves that ***PERFECT*** score, surprisingly…? Added outro, too; tha whole package, lol! My Rating: 5.0
EDIT: While I was shuttin’ up, I was tryna prevent it from bein’ a DvD remake, like with “In My Mind”. Only, I thought it coulda been Angel City & Lara! Surprisingly, no remake!


16. Myon feat. Jenn Biosil “Butterflies”
[No preview; skips to it…] >>> Thrive, here, with a special dance vibe, here… Sounds like it’s slow but it’s worth it with these female vocals…! As soon as it picked up around 0:52, it sounds like it’s what I think it iz, based off tha BPM? Bonnie x… *Checks ID* Naw, not yet, but this pretty nice, too! Definitely nice lil’ comeback from lil’ dude, Myon…! Somewhat a lil’ bit of a guilty pleasure-type vibe, but a good dance vibe, I believe…? My Rating: 4.3


17. Chris Cox & Lee Dagger feat. Ollie James “Messin’ With My Mind”
Carrillo, here, with a borderline-soundin’ track? Or, anotha hidden surprise…? I feel amped & excited, but… *shuts mouth…?* >>> Definitely likin’ this upbeat start… Too bad it’s on tha underrated side, for this current world we live in… I’m feelin’ like it’s got its own creativity and catchiness to it… That “mind;” locked in…? Sounds like a progressin’ drop? More of a chorus…? Definitely sounds like it has its own, consistently-switchin’-but-saucin’ vibes, back-and-forth? Like, I hear some Dagger parts; I then hear tha Cox parts. Also, tha vocals layin’ on top of tha beats definitely sounds like it has a 3rd head! A triple-headed dragon (this collab)! And, nice lil’ alarm at tha end, which iz ironic. When I went to shoot tha birthday thing, I seen a car hit a car in front of them; random! Neva usually see that live! My Rating: 4.3


18. Bonnie x Clyde “All For You”
Nu MGMT, here, for these BxC chicks. Not sure if I previewed in tha past; maybe? Maybe not…? Now, I will hear and deliver a review… >>> Sounds like it’s anotha special surprise… Oh, I LOVE this caught-off-guard shit that constantly keeps happenin’…! Sounds like they sound pretty nice wit this fastness… Oh, it’s almost like they got stuck in a mud pit on tha drop… Slow and trappy… I like it, in a certain way. Just nothin’ like my top-rated ones on this CD… I do like how it transitions, as they say they’re, “Going under…!” My Rating: 4.7


19. Matoma & Enrique Iglesias feat. Konshens “I Don’t Dance (Without You)”
Big Beat, here, with anotha guilty pleasure…? >>> Sounds like it’s a good lil’ guilty pleasure-like catchy track. Oh, tha chorus sounds pretty hot, here… Definitely somethin’ in a positive way, I guess? Oh, I had a feelin’ there was some1 hidden in tha background, here… *Checks for ID…* Found it! “Konshens”, they go by… Sounds like a nice collab, overall; great job, y’all…! My Rating: 4.1


20. Illenium “Take You Down”
Astralwerks & Capitol, here, with this; what do we have…? >>> Sounds like it could be a good pop-soundin’ song? Likin’ tha “get so high” part and “falling.” Sounds like somethin’ serious; I feel 50/50 about it, so far… Tha drop sounds cool… I’ono if I was expectin’ somethin’ stronger but this still good… Might be a lil’ too slow of a song fa me but it definitely sounds hot, in its own wayz, at times… My Rating: 4.0


21. Alan Walker feat. Au/Ra & Tomine Harket “Darkside”
RCA, here, endin’ thangz off… Feel so amped fa Au/Ra on anotha track! “Panic Room” might just be my #01 song of 2018! It ain’t stoppin’ anytime soon! It deserves all tha success it’s receivin’, right nah!! >>> Sounds like somethin’ special… I like how it has a “dark” vibe to it…! Sounds like a powerful-soundin’ collab on tha chorus, between Au/Ra & Al/An, lol! Sounds like a good lil’ drop, even tho a lil’ slow… Prolly could sound nice wit an upgraded remix…? Definitely feelin’ tha 2nd verse, too! Gotta keep movin’ and that’s what I’m slowly startin’ ta realize…! Likin’ tha lil’ “D-D-Darkside” part in tha background, as well as tha other distorted voice… Sounds like a super-light vibe, but with a super-dark vibe, too; trippy? My Rating: 4.7


Overall: Definitely a huge plus fa this edition, right chea! Seemed like it had a bit of everything I needed…? No wonder why I have all tha energy I have ta make it to a 19th hour, straight! Grindin’ hard!! Thanx fa this motivation fa tha future, as always! Peep out these dope, sick-azz rankings:


Rankings:

21.       Dynoro & Gigi D’Agostino “In My Mind” 2.2
20.       John Mayer “New Light (Zookeper Remix)” 3.5
19.       MØ & Diplo “Sun In Our Eyes” 3.7
18.       Galantis feat. MAX “Satisfied (Sagan Remix)” 3.9
17.       Tritonal feat. Lourdiz “Love U Right” 4.0
16.       Illenium “Take You Down” 4.0
15.       Matoma & Enrique Iglesias feat. Konshens “I Don’t Dance (Without You)” 4.1
14.       CLiQ feat. Alika “Wavey” 4.1
13.       EZI “Dancing In A Room (Kue Remix – Radio Edit)” 4.2
12.       Chris Cox & Lee Dagger feat. Ollie James “Messin’ With My Mind” 4.3
11.        Myon feat. Jenn Biosil “Butterflies” 4.3
10.       Alessia Cara “Growing Pains (Justin Caruso Remix – Main)” 4.4
09.       VASSY x Lodato “Doomsday” 4.5
08.       VIVID “Higher” 4.6
07.       Captain Cuts & Zookeper feat. Georgia Ku “Do You Think About Me?” 4.6
06.       Alan Walker feat. Au/Ra & Tomine Harket “Darkside” 4.7
05.       Bonnie x Clyde “All For You” 4.7
04.       Tom & Collins feat. Carla Monroe “Grapefruit” 4.8
03.   Markus Schulz feat. Sebu “Upon My Shoulders” 4.8
02.   ONEDUO & TwoWorldsApart “It’s Not You” 4.9
01.   Bingo Players “Love Me Right” 5.0


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      89.3
Total Songs:                      / 21
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.3