FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Review #1,786: Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2019

Reviewed on 12.12.2018 (Review #1,786)


Been involved in quite a bit… Didn’t realize I had tha December PO till almost three weeks after its release! But now, I’m back on track with tha PO reviewz, even tho I’m still workin’ on December’s live review… Don’t think this’ll be too anticipatin’ but we’ll see what’s hot, I guess? Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2019 review, here I come…! Today’s 11 years ago that I hung out with some dude, outside my college (a white Jew). One month & 11 dayz later (1, 11; trippy!!), he pulled a 9mm on me. I told him to not show me dat again but, gangsta life in its early dayz! My first hangout coulda jeopardized my socializin’ future…! Start Time: 7:16 PM | End Time: 9:22 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2018 CD Review (Review #1,786) reviewed on 12.12.2018 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Cash Cash feat. Nasri of MAGIC! “Call You”
Mr. MAGIC!er on a solo, dance-featured venture, here, with Big Beat & Atlantic, of course… Even before it landed on here, I was feelin’ tha rest of them outlets for gettin’ this… Didn’t think it was tha MAGIC!er, at first… Gotta feel tha anthemic beginning/verse! Enterin’ tha 1st full year of my 30’s! Nice lil’ chorus/drop; sounds like a happy vibe to a happier year, comin’ up… Great job wit tha verses and startin’ tha year off, in a happier/anthemic way! Like tha lil’ bridge/outro part, too, toward tha last 31 seconds…! My Current Rating: 4.5


02. CamelPhat x Cristoph feat. Jem Cooke “Breathe”
Arista, here, with this collab… Good job, Sirius XM BPM, fa this one! Heard of Jem through her Delta Heavy collab, earlier this year, with “Nobody But You”. Now, collabin’ wit these two sets, here; nice! Feelin’ its lost-in-a-safe-zoned-vibe vibes, here. Definitely a nice collab, mainly courtesy of tha Phat ones! From Jem’s fast-racing to slow-pacin’! That rhymed! My Current Rating: 4.6


03. The Chainsmokers feat. Kelsea Ballerini “This Feeling (Tom Staar Remix)”
Disruptor & Columbia with this repeat… I have a feelin’ it’ll be worth it, for a remix. However, tha orig. got a 4.4 from me & it ain’t last long on my playlist, with barely any slow, “feeling”-weird times! So, let’s see… I’ll prolly like it betta but have a feelin’ I won’t rate it higher, on a first listen… >>> Yeah, I’m feelin’ tha way I guessed, at first… Well, I’m hoping with this hot, anthemic chorus that I’ll rate it at least a 4.4…! Yeah, it definitely needed to be lifted up…! And, a darker, chill-viewed drop; good blend… Caught some of it on Music Choice Dance but only judged it off tha drop part, rather than tha hot chorus… Not feelin’ it as much as Mr. Chainsmoker starts singin’ but, nonethaless, a 4.4, once again… My Rating: 4.4


04. Too Many Zooz vs. KDA feat. Jess Glynne “So Real (Warriors)”
Ultra, here, with a Zooztastic collab…! And, “Real” in tha title; DJ B-“Real”!! Can’t wait till next month’s surprise fa tha new year…! >>> Sounds like it has a good lil’ darker vibe, in tha beginning. I remember lovin’ their “To Life” track, from tha 11/15 PO—11/15, B-Real’s birthday!! See, it’s literally trippy how all these facts connect! As far as tha chorus, it ain’t bad; prolly expected a lil’ betta from this collab? Likin’ tha music in between tha vocals, at least, so there’s a lil’ bit of a plus…? Likin’ it more durin’ tha 2nd verse, too; think it’s above-average, easily… My Rating: 4.4


05. Benny Blanco & Calvin Harris “I Found You”
Friends Keep Secrets & Interscope, here, with this borderline-soundin’ pop/dance/house track… Not that special; just a basic track… Well, I guess, good for tha pop world but blah… fa our dance world, in my opinion… My Current Rating: 3.3


06. Robin M feat. Alika “Thanks To You”
Robin & a Robbins, here, tha expected comb[o], I guess? A good lil’ deep-houser? >>> Likin’ this vocal start (our same chick from tha CLiQ “Wavey” track? Prolly… Sounds like a great track; a lil’ slow but still good… Now, tha more-rapped part durin’ tha 1st ½ of tha 2nd verse sounds like Lika… More like, “Thanks To You”, as tha title, but message, this tha way I’m movin’ on to bigger & betta thingz, soon! My Rating: 4.4


07. Whethan feat. Bipolar Sunshine “Top Shelf”
Big Beat & Atlantic… Not sure if I wanna anticipate this collab… >>> Sounds slightly betta than I thought… Sounds like a good lil’ faster beginning… Verse ain’t bad; a lil’ betta when tha chorus comes… A lil’ dry wit tha sound on tha drop but it’s a decent mix… My Rating: 3.6


08. King Arthur “Hear You Calling”
Casablanca & Republic, just like his last released song, which they chose tha more-dance one than tha slower one to go with? >>> Surprisingly, I like tha slower one betta… This kinda has a Calvin vibe to it, with tha 3:07 on tha length… Vocals sound like they drained off dat lean! Slowed-down and a decent effort wit tha drop/chorus music… I mean, it’s only 3:07; it ain’t no long-ass drag… My Rating: 3.1


09. Axwell “Nobody Else”
Ultra, here, with a slower solo Ax, this time… What could I expect…? Greatness…? >>> Sounds like a lost, throwback house vibe, off this 1st ½ of da first minute… Sounds good with its drop; ain’t expect so less of vocals but it’s nice… Finally hearin’ a title near 1:30, as I’m zoned out to somethin’, here… Sounds like an old remake on tha chorus part, with tha lyrics… Overall, a good lil’ track… Might have to go through a growing stage for me to like-like it? My Rating: 4.0


10. Jarami “No Chance”
RCA, here, as I just get inta this, head-on… >>> A slow beat start that sounds okay… Yeah, was expectin’ a pop-vocal sound… Not 100% sure how I gon react to this new male, over a slow dance tempo… I’ono, nothin’ too crazy wit tha chorus… A random lil’ “chills… pills…” part, as a quick bridge; random… Not too crazy about this dude… My Rating: 2.6


11. The Boy Next Door & Kevin Lyttle feat. $hirak “Resistance”
Spinnin’, here—oh boy, K-Lyttle & a 120 BPMer… >>> Oh boy… I thank he was okay with his ’04 “Turn Me On” fame… Music ain’t too bad for a borderline dance/dancehall vibe… Really, Kevin?! “Like Sean-a Paul say, ‘I stick to you like glue!’” Now, there’s our ’03 vibes… Two attempts at some of my favorite throwback times but ehh for this song, overall. Just can’t with him, seriously, with dance music (okay, I guess I’ll make it betta than tha previous track)… My Rating: 2.7


½time: So far, not bad… A few good tracks in tha beginning and then, it got kinda decent… I’ono, only a 3.8 for tha CD rating, so far; gotta pick up…? Wasn’t too anticipated at first, so we’ll see if that’s tha correct vibe…


12. Virginia To Vegas “Yesterday (Eventide Remix)”
>>> Astralwerks & Capitol, here… Almost thought it was a distorted Halsey on tha vocals, here… Good name for a new artist but I’ono about this one, neither… Anotha 120er but a boring beach vibe… Tha drop sounds like a good attempt but ehh… “Mad & slam doors,” but a soft vibe? Not thee combo!! My Rating: 2.0


13. Alessia Cara “Trust My Lonely (John Christian Remix)”
Def Jam wit Alessia; hmm… >>> A lil’ faster than I expected; decent start… I’ono, not much ta say about it… A lil’ uplifting during tha verses and an okay chorus… And, a quieter, 30+-second ending, which made it seem long… My Rating: 3.2


14. Khalid “Better (Noclue Remix)”
Right Hand & RCA, here, with tha one from MCD… I thank it gon catch me off-guard, like I thought it did…? Either way, it’s only a remixed one… >>> Well, dry throughout most of tha beginning… Just a good lil’ drop—crazy that tha drop’s tha best thing outta everythang on here…! I’ono, real random… Coulda been great; just nice in some spots, but not fa three-and-a-half minutes… My Rating: 3.4


15. Tom & Collins “Swoon”
AfterCluv, here, with this… As I was previewin’ some new PO releases, I got an ear fa dis one… Earlier in tha beginning of tha decade, we had The Chemical Brothers & their “Swoon” times & now, toward tha end of tha decade, we have T&C! >>> Good for a more-dance vibe; just an okay lil’ cover track… I like how tha drop’s beat sounds are “Swoon”-sampled, too… Even tha mysterious female on tha “oh” parts iz like tha mysterious “oh” part, on tha original… My Rating: 4.1


16. Chic “Le Freak (Oliver Heldens Remix)”
Big Beat & Atlantic… Speakin’ of covers, here’s anotha one… Well, this one just a remix… Really feel in love with tha OH track from tha last PO & now, we have… this…? >>> I’ono, I literally feel like this a waste of space… Love how Mr. Heldens makes a huge build-up… Ehh…, no need for anymo feedback… Hearin’ tha lil’ verse part and it reminds me of how MCD needed tracks like these to sellout, back in tha ’07 dayz! I remember those dayz of needin’ a remixed song! Now, it’s crazy how life turned around, in tha dance world! These kinda songs are mainly ignored, instead of sellin’ out. Regardless, it’s sellout material ta me! My Rating: 1.0


17. Hardwell feat. Conor Maynard “How You Love Me”
Just as I feel like I wanna fall asleep, here comes “No Snoop Version”, on tha ID; *yawn…* Spinnin’, here, but only 105 fa Hardwell…? >>> An okay lil’ collab wit a nice vibe… Still, I’ont thank every DJ should go tha slow route… Kinda gay without tha Snoop part but it still straight… Not much feedback on this… Nice hot-weather vibe in these cold-weather times, smh… My Rating: 3.5


18. BRKLYN & Fairlane w/Jocelyn Alice “Things I’ve Learned”
Enhanced, here, but only 71 BPM fa these BRKLYNerz…? Looks anticipatin’, except tha fact that it’s so slow… >>> I thank this’ll be tha best outta all tha iffy/slow songs on here… Kinda sounds like it has some sorta anticipation, in tha beginning… Sounds like a good lil’ vocal, here… I like it betta than their “I’m On Somethin’” collab… Sounds like an okay, slow drop, on tha drop… I like tha verses betta, even tho kinda slow… I hate when there’s a fast tease, on tha drop… It’s almost like I wished tha whole entire track was 142 BPM… That’ll neva happen in today’s typical world, smh… My Rating: 3.8


19. Halsey “Without Me (Illenium Remix)”
Just Capitol, here, with tha girl I talked about, earlier; go figure… >>> I’ono, too many pop-remixed songs on this CD? Seems like a lotta fillers… Nothin’ really standin’ out on this one… If this was anotha vocalist, it wouldn’t really matter ta me; okay beats, too… My Rating: 2.3


20. Audien feat. Liam O’Donnell “Rollercoaster”
RED, here, but I’ono if I’ll chance Audien & a “Hot Water”less 68 BPM, here… >>> Just anotha decent track; slow iz low, fa me… Sometimes, tha vocals can be catchy but nothin’ ta spark a light fa my excitement… Lol @ tha catch-attempt wit tha “it’s going down, up; down up…,” toward tha end… Sounds like a good ending but that’s about it… My Rating: 3.0


21. Tritonal feat. Mozella “Gonna Be Alright”
Enhanced, here, with a new Tritonal song, again! However, only 67 BPM…? Way too slow…? >>> I’m definitely feelin’ tha “jealous” part, in tha beginning; so true ta what I’m dealin’ with! Music durin’ tha 1st verse sound kinda pop/plain, fa this slow one… A lil’ catchy wit tha chorus but decent with its slow vibe… Still, I wish this new vocalist success, in tha future. I thank she would be good on a faster dance track…! My Rating: 3.7


22. Alan Walker feat. Sofia Carson, K-391 & CORSAK “Different World”
RCA, here, endin’ it off officially wit Walker, this time! Happy that he’s been on a PO 3x in a row, just like Aoki did on tha last one…! As much as I’m enjoyin’ tha “Diamond Heart”, we’ll see if this slow 65 BPMer can do, fa an ending song… >>> Only one track during tha 2nd ½ has at least a 4.0, smh! Hope this can be #2; I know it can! Sounds like a mysterious, spooky, hot way to start a song off! Definitely a nice lil’ collab, here! At least for good luck in tha future, this bein’ good fa tha last song on tha CD’s pretty nice! Sounds adventurous! Definitely feelin’ this vibe to tha fullest! Definitely a pure lil’ vibe; feels like a lot’s goin’ on throughout tha brain! I’ll give it tha benefit of tha doubt! Top track on here? Think it deserves it! My Rating: 4.7


Overall: Most of this didn’t really go over too well… I guess it’s ‘cause of tha mess I’m currently involved in…? I know that thangz are gettin’ better, tho! Can’t wait fa next month!!


Rankings:

22.       Chic “Le Freak (Oliver Heldens Remix)” 1.0
21.       Virginia To Vegas “Yesterday (Eventide Remix)” 2.0
20.       Halsey “Without Me (Illenium Remix)” 2.3
19.       Jarami “No Chance” 2.6
18.       The Boy Next Door & Kevin Lyttle feat. $hirak “Resistance” 2.7
17.       Audien feat. Liam O’Donnell “Rollercoaster” 3.0
16.       King Arthur “Hear You Calling” 3.1
15.       Alessia Cara “Trust My Lonely (John Christian Remix)” 3.2
14.       Benny Blanco & Calvin Harris “I Found You” 3.3
13.       Khalid “Better (Noclue Remix)” 3.4
12.       Hardwell feat. Conor Maynard “How You Love Me” 3.5
11.        Whethan feat. Bipolar Sunshine “Top Shelf” 3.6
10.       Tritonal feat. Mozella “Gonna Be Alright” 3.7
09.       BRKLYN & Fairlane w/Jocelyn Alice “Things I’ve Learned” 3.8
08.       Axwell “Nobody Else” 4.0
07.       Tom & Collins “Swoon” 4.1
06.       The Chainsmokers feat. Kelsea Ballerini “This Feeling (Tom Staar Remix)” 4.4
05.       Too Many Zooz vs. KDA feat. Jess Glynne “So Real (Warriors)” 4.4
04.       Robin M feat. Alika “Thanks To You” 4.4
03.   Cash Cash feat. Nasri of MAGIC! “Call You” 4.5
02.   CamelPhat x Cristoph feat. Jem Cooke “Breathe” 4.6
01.   Alan Walker feat. Sofia Carson, K-391 & CORSAK “Different World” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      76.3
Total Songs:                      / 22
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.5