FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Review #1,799: Promo Only: Dance Radio April 2019

Reviewed on 3.20.2019 (Review #1,799)


Been goin’ through a lot, with nothin’ shakin’… Kinda on a depressed tip, with this tracklisting not lookin’ so promising, as well… Here goes my review for Promo Only: Dance Radio April 2019. My bad if I don’t sound so enthusiastic… Start Time: 1:03 PM | End Time: 2:15 PM
UPDATE: I'm currently away from my house in PA, right now. I won't be able to scan/upload tha front/back covers for a while, as I go back at random times.

Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2019 CD Review (Review #1,799) reviewed on 3.20.2019 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Martin Garrix feat. Bonn “No Sleep”
RCA, here, with their follow-up. Glad to see Bonn bein’ a new voice of dance-music, here. It’s pretty crazy when I just had a lil’ dream before this that I had a feelin’ that this was gonna be #01 and it’s #01! Definitely great lyrics about not sleepin’ and livin’ it up! I made a surprise appearance to Louisiana, just when this song came out & I was up 31 hours, as well as 37; only three hours of “sleep!” Good motivation from this song! A lil’ softer than “High On Life” with tha music, but still pretty nice; gotta luv tha uplifting “feeling!” My Current Rating: 4.5


02. Jeffrey Sutorius feat. Jake Reese “Bad Days”
AfterCluv, here, with a newbie; hope it’s a good collab, despite my shitty times goin’ on… >>> Off to a slow start but can be good… Lyrics sound like I can relate to it and speakin’ of “feel tha high,” unfortunately, this iz my 1st review for PO since January 2015’s edition that I’m sober on tha review. Ironically, tha 1st song I reviewed while not sober was “Sally”, tha Hardwell & Harrison collab. What makes this ironic iz that I first heard Jake on Hardwell’s PO-ignored “Run Wild” and now, here’s tha 1st brand-new track during a sober review, since “Sally”…! Tryin’ to channel tha most positive energy outta tha drop, it sounds good. I wish I could make these “Bad Days” some “good” ones! I’ll give this one tha benefit of tha doubt. It’s not like a slow one, or a 2004 cheesy song, reworked (“Dancin’”)! My Rating: 4.2


03. Bingo Players “1000 Years”
Spinnin’, here, with a follow-up to their “Love Me Right”, which I rated five stars…! >>> Sounds like it gon be a decent/uplifiting house track… Vocals sound like those female house ones from tha ‘00s or somethin’; not too bad, but good… A good effort to be featured on here; I’ll give it its props… My Rating: 4.1


04. BONNIE X CLYDE “The Good Life”
Ultra co-signin’ them, this time; a new one, with their name bein’ in CAPS! >>> Sounds a lil’ catchy wit tha lyrics, with decent music for a 128’er… Compared to tha “Bad Days” of tha Jake Reese collab, here comes “The Good Life”… Kinda like this one a lil’ better, in some ways, even tho I felt like tha “Bad Days” one had more dance-like dance music. Either way, glad to see them keepin’ up tha music… I think that “cookie jar” part’s catchy, lol. My Rating: 4.3


05. Disco Fries feat. Ollie Green “Moving Mountains (Disco Fries Remix)”
Enhanced, here, with a new one from them. Really liked their “Blue” song with MIMO & Jena Rose that was an Armada import but that didn’t get too much domestic luv… >>> Sounds like Bastille and that “Happier” shit in tha beginning… Kinda decent but tha drop sounds pretty nice, for DF bein’ on tha ID as tha DJ & remixer… Also, I’m likin’ how these songs are kinda short with tha verses and get to their points quickly; no boredism here, surprisingly! Vocals not too bad, overall, for a male, despite me gettin’ a “Happier” vibe off ‘em. It makes for at least a 4.0, luckily. My Rating: 4.1


06. Dom Dolla “Take It (On Air Radio Edit)”
Sweat It Out & Arista, here, with a BPM track with an On Air Radio Edit to be new for me, this time? >>> Kinda deep-house-y… Uh, decent lil’ vocals; kinda a weird song but still a lil’ trippy, I guess? Likin’ tha music change at 1:18. Also, as there’s less vocals, it sounds like it has better potential wit me… Only two choruses and lots of music; pretty-good, overall… My Rating: 4.3


07. Lucas Brontk “WomaBack”
Been tryna get inta this wit lil’ samples I’ve been hearin’ of it… Robbins, here, and… >>> Sounds like they’re tryna sell out a lil’ bit, but at tha same time, it’s weird ‘cause tha fresh-sampled lyrics of tha “Gucci, Louie on my back & my feet so fresh!” reminds me of, like, southern rap or somethin’. Either way, sampled or not, it sounds fresh and new; anotha weird combination like tha previous song… With all tha lil’ variations of house parts, here, I think it’s tryna get me to like this a lil’ more… Ehh, I’ll see how it does wit me, I guess? My Rating: 4.0


08. Elderbrook “Old Friend”
Big Beat, here; feels like I heard this a while ago, with BPM’s new tracks? >>> Likin’ tha faster-soundin’ music in tha beginning; seems like 124’s kinda fast, for some reason? Even tho better music than his previous single, “Sleepwalking”, I thought that had catchier lyrics. Either way, this iz pretty nice, regardless. Decent lil’ vocals/lyrics; not too bad… I’m sure I’ll catch on better, as time goes on? We’ll see… My Rating: 3.8


09. The Terri Green Project “Night To Remember (Oskar Konne Groove Mix Radio Edit)”
Here comes Carrillo; hope there’s some expectation from this one, with a slightly-faster tempo than “Old Friend” with 126? >>> Sounds like anotha one with those throwback-soundin’ house-style vocals… Music-wise & everything else, it sounds decent; nothin’ too strikin’ with this one. Okay attempt at dubbin’ tha vocals during a part of tha drop, but not strikin’ me too much… My Rating: 3.5


10. George Ezra “Shotgun (The Wild Remix)”
Columbia, here; guess tha CD finna die down now? >>> Thought he was gonna be a one-hit-wonder for his cheesy “Budapest” shit from four years ago? Not too into his Dunkin’ times-soundin’ vocals/tryna-be-cool lyrics wit his “Shotgun” “ridin’!” Also, nothin’ too poppin’ wit this 123 BPM remixed—oh yeah, 123! That’s not gonna save a cheesy song for shit! My Rating: 2.0


½time: A 3.9-rated CD, so far, but that’s mainly ‘cause tha faster songs are mainly first. I have a feeling it’s gonna go downhill pretty soon, as tha CD starts slowin’ down. So far, “No Sleep”’s my #01? Odd… I know “Throwback”’s on here, which I’m gonna rate higher, but will there be somethin’ to top that? I have a feelin’ there won’t be, but let’s see what we have next…


11. GATTÜSO x Druu x Holly T “Say It Right”
Back with a 3rd single, courtesy of T&T…! Guess no1 was really showin’ luv to their “I Will Play” track? They didn’t wanna “play” it… How will this tri-collab go? >>> Almost was surprised to hear a female—oh, here we go with tha covers… Neva thought I’d come to a PO review and hear/expect a Nelly Furtado one… Sounds like it would be a lil’ special if it was an original track; wonder what err-body’ll do wit this one? A lil’ uplifting with tha music and I like tha dubbin’ throughout tha drop, this time. Also, I’m likin’ tha 2nd verse’s lil’ music goin’ on, too. Nice job wit tha production but hopefully, I’d wanna hear this formula in a 100% original perspective, next time… My Rating: 3.6


12. Aaron Smith feat. Luvli “Dancin’ (Krono Remix Radio Edit)”
Ultra, this time; thought it was a joke on Music Choice Dance, recently. We went from them in 2004, first. Then, 2006, where every1 showed it luv. Now, here we are 13 years later. Usually, when I think of 13 years later, I think of, “I’ve been reviewin’ for 13 years!” Oh, and, of course, reviewin’ PO CDs! >>> Pointless; 120 BPM ain’t gonna save this, of course. Chorus sounds a lil’ off-beat, too, ROFL… Would’ve rather’ve heard a new song from Luvli; like how she was “So High” nine years ago—it’s been that long? Crazy! Been “Dancin’” for 15 years! My Rating: 1.6


13. Lucas & Steve “Say Something”
Spinnin’, here… Not sure if they can handle a slow tempo of 106? >>> Feel like I’m channelin’ a remake vibe with this one, too, but I don’t think. I just think tha vocals kinda give me that vibe… These female vocals are decent but this slow vibe’s ehh… Kinda goin’ for tha drop and its dubbin’ as tha best feature but that’s not strong enough for a good rating. Mainly, just a decent track that’ll prolly fit in wit err-body, I guess? My Rating: 3.1


14. DallasK “Looking For Your Love”
If Only & Amigo, here, with his follow-up to “All My Life”, a whole year later… >>> Sounds decent but better than Lucas & Steve’s song, here… Decent vocals, decent/slightly-better music… Tha chorus ain’t too bad with this good, repetitive vibe… Nothin’ much else to say about it, but good job? My Rating: 3.9


15. Delaney Jane & Shaun Frank “Throwback”
And, here it iz, courtesy of their Dirty Pretty Things! Gotta luv this one for a slower track! Luv how tha lyrics reminisce over tha “lost & found,” of times we forgot about. It’s kinda like me with all these things I’ve been workin’ on over tha years. It’s my goal to complete ‘em, no matter how much time & life gets ahead of me…! Nice to hear Shaun sing, too; not bad with tha voice and lyrics, too! Glad he can produce a slower song and I’m glad that they’re teamin’ up, once again! So much catchiness, here! Luv tha “Eastside,” as we throw that up, as well as tha “UK vibes!” I only think tha “American Boy” reference iz cheesy. Didn’t realize that was a trendsettin’ “style!” More like, “Sing [tunes from 2008], like [they were] back in style,” or somethin’ ‘cause I always still look up to 2008…! Tha drop’s pretty dope, too; just a lost set of dubbed vocals, with a dark-soundin’ pop/dance beat! People have compared this to The Chainsmokers & Halsey’s “Closer”; I kinda do, with tha chorus. I just think this iz way better! My Current Rating: 4.7


16. The Chainsmokers feat. Winona Oak “Hope”
And, speakin’ of The Chains, here they are, as they’re always here from Disruptor & Columbia… >>> Kinda liked Winona better on What So Not’s “Beautiful” release from last year. This sounds kinda dry, with tha vocals & that chorus sounds like it has no BPM, smh. Tha whole Zedd-soundin’ dry vibes in tha chorus iz always a turn-off for me. Tha drop kinda good; sounds like a girl scared by runnin’ away, at times, lol. Oh, damn, Chainsmoker vocals, too; he should fall back for a lil’ bit, at times… Rather tha females take over their tracks… Likin’ how these tracks are less than three minutes, if I’m feelin’ iffy about ‘em… My Rating: 2.7


17. Deepend feat. Hanne Mjøen “One Thing Left To Do”
Spinnin’, here; remember hearin’ a lil’ bit of this and thought it was kinda slow… >>> Nice to hear a female on their tracks… Kinda sounds like it would be better in tha pop world than tha dance world. Speakin’ of pop, I like how Nick Music (formerly MTV Hits) got their “Hold On” collab wit Chord Overstreet; good exposure? This ain’t too bad; just a lil’ slow. Kinda sounds like every other slow song that’s out there… My Rating: 3.7


18. Gesaffelstein & Pharrell Williams “Blast Off”
Columbia, here; not too anticipated fa this… Luv how MCD thought “Lost In The Fire” with The Weeknd was dance; really? >>> Same thing with this. Kinda cool but keep this in tha urban/pop world, not tha dance world. I mean, I remember those dayz where “Fergalicious” was on PO and I was like, “Dance?!” Oh, could you imagine those 130 BPM songs today?! This only 100! Kinda sounds like Pharrell trippin’ off somethin’, here, with these lyrics. I mean, a lil’ catchy but not tha kinda catch for me… My Rating: 2.5


19. Marshmello feat. CHVRCHES “Here With Me”
Republic & Joytime Collective; oh, tha Mello… Like that there’s CHVRCHES but kinda done wit tha slow, roasted Mello…! >>> I’ono, nothin’ too special wit this one. Again, I feel like dance ain’t for this song; it’s more for pop… I’ll just consider it as a female “Happier” and leave it at that! We’ll see how tha pop world takes on this one, since they seemed to obsess tha shit outta “Happier”! Wow, this one went by quick! My Rating: 2.3


20. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike feat. Era Istrefi “Selfish”
Arista, here, with this collab. Kinda interesting to see, even tho on a slow tip? >>> Doesn’t sound like anything special, except for tha drop part that sounds anthemic. Not that this needs lots of feedback from me, since it’s catchin’ on to tha dance outlets… Surprised that aside from “Throwback”, this iz tha best new song outta tha 2nd ½ for me? Well, might tie it wit DallasK but still better in a tiebreaker… My Rating: 3.9


21. KSHMR & Yves V feat. Krewella “No Regrets”
Endin’ wit a special one, courtesy of Spinnin’? Only 90 BPM but I feel like it’ll blow tha rest of this 2nd ½ away? I still think “Throwback” got tha crown for tha best one on here, tho… >>> Sounds like an okay, anthemic start, to tease for a powerful chorus comin’ up? Hope these two DJs can make this extra special? Kinda cool wit tha drop; vocals sound a lil’ too powerful, at times, during tha chorus? Either way, I feel like songs sound better with less DJs on ‘em? Like, one sounds good; two, three or more? Most of tha times, it ain’t as better… I do feel tha chorus, tho; can’t have “regrets!” When you gone, your art gon leave its territory! My Rating: 3.8


Overall: Not as bad as I thought it would be… Most of tha 1st ½ went over well, due to tha faster tempos. Tha 2nd ½ struggled, since tha cheesy slow vibes & vocals kinda made its way downhill. Either way, we’ll see how this reflects my April… Already lookin’ forward to seein’ what May has to offer!


Rankings:

21.       Aaron Smith feat. Luvli “Dancin’ (Krono Remix Radio Edit)” 1.6
20.       George Ezra “Shotgun (The Wild Remix)” 2.0
19.       Marshmello feat. CHVRCHES “Here With Me” 2.3
18.       Gesaffelstein & Pharrell Williams “Blast Off” 2.5
17.       The Chainsmokers feat. Winona Oak “Hope” 2.7
16.       Lucas & Steve “Say Something” 3.1
15.       The Terri Green Project “Night To Remember (Oskar Konne Groove Mix Radio Edit)” 3.5
14.       GATTÜSO x Druu x Holly T “Say It Right” 3.6
13.       Deepend feat. Hanne Mjøen “One Thing Left To Do” 3.7
12.       KSHMR & Yves V feat. Krewella “No Regrets” 3.8
11.        Elderbrook “Old Friend” 3.8
10.       DallasK “Looking For Your Love” 3.9
09.       Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike feat. Era Istrefi “Selfish” 3.9
08.       Lucas Brontk “WomaBack” 4.0
07.       Disco Fries feat. Ollie Green “Moving Mountains (Disco Fries Remix)” 4.1
06.       Bingo Players “1000 Years” 4.1
05.       Jeffrey Sutorius feat. Jake Reese “Bad Days” 4.2
04.       BONNIE X CLYDE “The Good Life” 4.3
03.   Dom Dolla “Take It (On Air Radio Edit)” 4.3
02.   Martin Garrix feat. Bonn “No Sleep” 4.5
01.   Delaney Jane & Shaun Frank “Throwback” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      74.6
Total Songs:                      / 21
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.6