FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Review #1,802: Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2019

Reviewed on 5.16.2019 (Review #1,802)


Almost on da right path, but not succeedin’ enough to get there… Either way, I think this’ll be a good issue to get me back on track, as far as life goes… Here goes my review for Promo Only: Dance Radio June 2019 & yeah, reviewin’ tha June edition on May 16th, once again! Also, a bunch of these, I done heard within tha past week, so a bunch of familiar faces that are only not even a week old, for tha most part… Start Time: 9:37 PM | End Time: 11:13 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2019 CD Review (Review #1,802) reviewed on 5.16.2019 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.

01. David Guetta feat. RAYE “Stay (Don’t Go Away)”
Got all three labels representin’, here (What A Music, Parlophone & Warner Bros.). Also, all tha “RAYEzerz”—lol—on this PO (Jax Jones, Jonas Blue & Mr. Guetta)! One of tha new songs I heard within this past week, courtesy of Music Choice Dance… Mainly, just a nice lil’ new dance track: Vocals are great to have with RAYE back, includin’ tha vibe she brought to those late ‘16/early ’17 tracks… People compare this to “One Kiss”; if that’s tha case, this iz a more-refreshin’ vibe, since it’s newer. I’ono, but that’s tha vibe I’m gettin’ from it… Great job, Guetta, fa gettin’ a collab like this to happen! Summer’s here; will tha income be? Hope so…! My Current Rating: 4.4


02. GATTÜSO & Disco Killerz “Million Things (Stash Konig Remix)”
Enhanced, here, with a non-remake they don’t call “Say It Right”, this time? A decent, dry, not-too-exciting original, so hopefully, this remix’ll do… A new one, courtesy of Sirius XM BPM, but I couldn’t find an outlet for a 1st listen till now… >>> This a better, uplifting-kinda boost fa this semi-boring original… Just an okay chorus, still; let’s see if a drop’ll help…? Not too fast but still, at least it’s better than tha original. I’ll give this its credit but we’ll see how much I will give it… My Rating: 3.7
Error #01: 120 BPM, not 124.


03. Robin Schulz feat. Harloe “All This Love”
Next release; not 100% used to it, so let’s see how tha review gon go, courtesy of Big Beat… >>> Liked “Speechless” a whole lot but didn’t play it too much, due to tha good rating didn’t match up wit tha shitty moments I was goin’ through. This, however, sounds like it might be able to suprisingly pass “Speechless”; I’m likin’ this collab, too! Anotha newbie on tha vocals, soundin’ pure with this production that sounds exciting, throughout tha track…! My Rating: 4.6


04. Gawler & Francci Richard “Joy”
A new one I ain’t hear at all, but I’m expectin’ somethin’ good, especially since it’s this early in tha CD… NHMM, here, with some “Joy?” >>> Didn’t expect it to sound like a big-vocal, deep house-soundin’ track… Let’s see if this can be anticipatin’ wit tha music… Kinda pumpin’…, good; I’m diggin’ it. Glad we got a new one like this to kick off tha 100% new ones…! My Rating: 4.2


05. Fisher “You Little Beauty”
Astralwerks & Capitol, here (this time, tha Capitol addition)… Loved tha previous song of his & I hope he continues to make ‘em real catchy, tha way he wants to…! >>> Kinda goes with tha previous track, from this edition. Flippin’ & samplin’ tha late Loleatta Holloway wit her “Love Sensation”. I’ono if I woulda made it a repetitive chorus but nice job wit tha beats…! My Rating: 4.3


06. Ava Max “So Am I (Deepend Remix)”
Atlantic, here, with this psycho—just playin’, accordin’ to her previous song that coulda been remixed? Either way, looks like dance outlets finna get a dose of this, instead… >>> Tha 5th song in a row on this CD that’s 124 BPM, lol… I remember tha June CD from three years ago, where there were five 120erz in a row…! Good message about bein’ “different;” not sure how much I gon feel this, tho. Music ain’t too bad in tha drop; better than their “One Thing Left To Do” track, two POs ago… Sounds like tha chorus iz somethin’ that’s pretty serious, as far as tha catchiness, in how she sings it… My Rating: 4.0


07. Disco Fries feat. Danyka Nadeau & Badjack “Moonlight”
Enhanced, here—damn, lol, a record of 124’s! Tha 6th one in a row! Am I here to set a record, soon? I feel tha confidence!! Anotha new one from last week and I have a feelin’ it’ll be tha biggest one on here… Surprised for this anticipation to come outta tha Disco Fries! Really feelin’ that start with tha music and tha tease of tha vocals! Definitely a nice lil’ title and a lil’ decent drop to make tha track flow…! Lovin’ tha verse; definitely sweet-ass vocals, here! Great collab; you can see it in tha ID!! My Current Rating: 4.8
Error #02: 128 BPM, not 124; almost thought I was trippin’…


08. Jax Jones & Martin Solveig feat. Madison Beer “All Day & Night”
#07 in a row at 124!! Interscope, here, finally domestic! Tha one I know tha longest on this CD and it’s a banger! Let’s keep pumpin’ tha attention out there to this one! Sometimes, I give Martin decent ratings but neva really am grabbed by his songs. This one was a great collab wit tha “RAYzer” & Ms. Beer! Definitely can relate to tha “no sleep” shit; gotta keep bein’ determined! All catchiness, especially tha verses and chorus! Kinda a cheesy chorus wit tha repetitive “no sleep” part but that’s a great line for me; just sung cheesy… My Current Rating: 4.7
Error #03: 122 BPM, not 124, lol.


09. Sofi Tukker “Fantasy (R3hab Remix)”
Ultra, here, with anotha one I just heard, this past week… Also, 8th track in a row to be at 124! Gonna give it its official FTLD review; only heard it once, today. >>> Sounds like some okay, soft-soundin’ vocals… Music a lil’ better; looks like a good music video, tho. All about explorin’ and enjoyin’ these moments, to tha fullest…! Tha drop sounds like it’s tryna bring more energy outta this track; not bad attempt. It reminds me of some other remixes and sounds from, like, a year or two ago (Don Diablo-like?)… My Rating: 3.8


½time: Lookin’ like a CD to bring out tha awesomeness that I’m losin’ out on, these dayz… A 4.3-rated CD; big ups!! Lots of good vibes, mainly at 124 BPM, lol! Will there be more action? We shall see…!


10. Gorgon City & Kaskade feat. ROMEO “Go Slow”
Capitol, here… Sometimes, I like their deep songs, while other times, they can sound like great playlist ones… “ROMEO,” aye? Can’t be Master P’s son, I don’t think, lol? He ain’t all CAPS…, lol… >>> Okay/semi-boring track with a male singer… Nothin’ great with this music/collab, includin’ tha chorus; not much interest from me… Oh yeah, 9th song in a row at 124? Crazy! My Rating: 2.1


11. The Him feat. Maria Hazell “Found Me”
After nine consecutive 124’s, here comes tha song to ruin it! And, what a song, too, courtesy of Spinnin’… Heard a lil’ bit of it and not that it’s bad, but it has a cheesy chorus… >>> Just a decent track but I’ono about that whinin’ of tha “me-ah-he…” Kinda reminds me of their last song, “Nothing On Us”, a lil’; anotha decent collab, ‘cept this time, tha collab’s credited. My Rating: 3.5


12. Digital Remedy “Lover, Lover (Jolyon Petch Edit)”
A new Robbins track (figured, since ½ of tha “Ain’t Too Proud To Beg”ger’s on tha mix) and back to tha 124’z! I’ono what to expect; complete surprise…?! >>> A female, this time… I’ono, more on tha decent side fa me… Just sounds like a regular-soundin’ dance song; can’t say too much… We’ll see if this one grows on me in tha future. For now, almost under tha average mark… My Rating: 3.1


13. MK “Body 2 Body”
Ultra & outta tha 124’z with a 122 from MK… >>> Sounds like a good music start, for a slow track; good job, MK… Not bad with tha male vocalist but a repetitive chorus? I’ono…; music makes up for what it lacks… Nice vocal chop before tha 2nd verse; at least there’s another plus… My Rating: 3.0


14. Jonas Blue feat. Theresa Rex “What I Like About You (M-22 Remix)”
Anotha chance, from its not-so-upbeat previous appearance; now, it’s at 124! >>> This iz a better effort with M-22 on tha mix; good lil’ house mix! Needed this boost; didn’t want this one to lose… My Rating: 4.1


15. Mike Williams feat. Maia Wright “Wait For You”
Spinnin’, here, with Mr. Mike but only at a 110 pace? Glad he got Maia to do tha vocals… Hope it sounds good for a slowie… >>> Sounds like a good collab for a slow one; likin’ tha vocals and this sound… Good lil’ drop; it’s positive, that’s mainly what I can say… My Rating: 3.9


16. PNAU feat. Kira Divine & Marques Toliver “Solid Gold”
Arista, here, with a now-credited Kira on tha vocals! Tha 4th collab-smash from them? Now, with a dude, too, and a slower pace… How will this all go, for this highly-expected PNAU? >>> I’ono how much I can feel a male vocalist on tha PNAU tracks… Let’s see if I get past tha male vocalist that it’ll get more interesting…? Kinda sounds like a catchy chorus from Kira, here… No drop, this time? Kinda disappointing, including that it goes back to tha male vocalist… Has a slight chance of becomin’ catchy later on… Might have to be a grower, from this point on… My Rating: 3.2


17. Lil’ Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus “Old Town Road (Diplo Remix)”
Oh……………………………boy………………! Columbia, here, with an over-popular song, remixed for this edition… Thrown off tha country charts & into tha dance world; he-he-he—no… >>> Feels like this song has every kinda style in it. Makes me wonder, I wonder if a song’s gonna have a ½ or ¼ verse of a different genre of music? Could you imagine…? Somewhat of a good lifestyle, here, but so much luv fa tha horses? Kinda catchy when tha music speeds up during tha drop/whistlin’ but, dance? Fa’real…? More like a random bonus… Who woulda thought Miley & Noah’s dad would appear on here…! My Rating: 2.5 (right in tha middle with its cheesiness…)


18. Illenium feat. Jon Bellion “Good Things Fall Apart”
Astralwerks & Capitol, here, endin’ it off… Liked Illenium’s previous track, “Take You Down”, but I was caught in tha beginning of tha mess I’m in now, so it kinda didn’t do too well. Will this make up for it? Let’s see… >>> Kinda sounds too poppy for a start… Hearin’ tha chorus and even tho it’s strong wit some beat sounds soundin’ like they’re rippin’ outta this, it’s not really that special for me. Kinda likin’ that line during tha 2nd verse, where it came to Jon “foggin’ up tha windows” ‘cause of how it was too cold in “December.” Good shit, but not enough to make up for a good score. Ugh, title part sounds so cheesy; just think that Jon’s gonna go, “low, low, low-la-low, low, low, low, low…,” like years ago. My Rating: 1.2


Overall: A real-great start that seemed like it was gettin’ interestin’ but then, it started crashin’ down toward tha end… Kinda makes my future seem like it gon be a coin toss! I’ono… Hoping for tha best! I can see why there’s not many tracks on these last two editions; just waiting for a better life…!


Rankings:

18.       Illenium feat. Jon Bellion “Good Things Fall Apart” 1.2
17.       Gorgon City & Kaskade feat. ROMEO “Go Slow” 2.1
16.       Lil’ Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus “Old Town Road (Diplo Remix)” 2.5
15.       MK “Body 2 Body” 3.0
14.       Digital Remedy “Lover, Lover (Jolyon Petch Edit)” 3.1
13.       PNAU feat. Kira Divine & Marques Toliver “Solid Gold” 3.2
12.       The Him feat. Maria Hazell “Found Me” 3.5
11.        GATTÜSO & Disco Killerz “Million Things (Stash Konig Remix)” 3.7
10.       Sofi Tukker “Fantasy (R3hab Remix)” 3.8
09.       Mike Williams feat. Maia Wright “Wait For You” 3.9
08.       Ava Max “So Am I (Deepend Remix)” 4.0
07.       Jonas Blue feat. Theresa Rex “What I Like About You (M-22 Remix)” 4.1
06.       Gawler & Francci Richard “Joy” 4.2
05.       Fisher “You Little Beauty” 4.3
04.       David Guetta feat. RAYE “Stay (Don’t Go Away)” 4.4
03.   Robin Schulz feat. Harloe “All This Love” 4.6
02.   Jax Jones & Martin Solveig feat. Madison Beer “All Day & Night” 4.7
01.   Disco Fries feat. Danyka Nadeau & Badjack “Moonlight” 4.8


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      65.1
Total Songs:                      / 18
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.6