FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Review #1,803: Promo Only: Dance Radio July 2019

Reviewed on 6.13.2019 (Review #1,803)


Still almost tryna get myself back on track… Can’t believe how rough it iz! Birthday in eight dayz; hope I see tha light by then! Until then, here goes my review for Promo Only: Dance Radio July 2019. Seen tha tracklist and I’m not really anticipatin’ this one, that much. Start Time: 9:54 PM | End Time: 11:09 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2019 CD Review (Review #1,803) reviewed on 6.13.2019 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Sigala & Becky Hill “Wish You Well”
Sigall goin’ wit tha Arista signin’, here. A few tracks pop up as newbies on my YouTube, as well as bein’ featured on certain channel’s new tracks of tha week, or whatevz. From what I recall, I believe I heard a lil’ bit and was diggin’ it. Was waitin’ for tha exposure and now, here’s its first official chance! >>> Sounds like a good music start, just as I expected. Let’s see how Beck & “Sigall” (yeah, I take tha final syllable out when sayin’ their names, sometimes). Sounds like an okay start with tha vocals; diggin’ tha collab with tha chorus…! Likin’ tha drop, too; I think this one of tha few that’ll be special, on this CD. Also, this title/chorus pretty positive for my upcoming 31st birthday & attempt to get back on track! Lookin’ forward, if tha right opportunity’s there! My Rating: 4.6


02. Cheat Codes & Daniel Blume “Who’s Got Your Love”
Spinnin’ & 300, here, double-collabin’ it up… A lil’ late wit this one? Music Choice Dance been on it for a few months, now. Wasn’t too-too crazy about this collab; I’ono how I’ll feel now… It’s just a plain, not-so-bad-soundin’ dance track, on tha male-vocal tip… Sounds slightly better with Trevor on tha vocals, rather than tha distorted beginning vocal… This song doesn’t offer too much, since it’s a small section, repeatin’; it’s not bad, tho. My Current Rating: 3.2


03. P!nk feat. Cash Cash “Can We Pretend (MOTi Remix)”
Here comes P!nk again, neva losin’ it, thanx to RCA… Heard tha original and it was somethin’ nice, for a P!nk collab wit CC. I’m expectin’ this remix to be better to consider for my playlist; will it? >>> Okay/quiet music start, so far… Drop kinda boring-sounding? Nothin’ ear-grabbin’, to remix tha good original. Just gonna be a random one that’ll play; nothin’ special. Think she needs to hook up wit some huge-soundin’ DJs for her remixes… My Rating: 3.1


04. KREAM & Eden Prince feat. Louisa “Ain’t Thinkin’ ‘Bout You”
Big Beat, here, with a nice-lookin’ collab. Want this one to grow; good music but could be better. Nice to collab with tha “Tears”-crying Louisa [Johnson] on tha vocals. Sounds good; more like a bashin’ anthem to get away from tha bullshit… My Current Rating: 3.8


05. Jess Glynne & Jax Jones “One Touch”
Atlantic, here, with anotha nice collab that could be better. Got a soundbite of this one; only decent, tho. >>> Hearin’ it in its entirety and this one has okay/good vocals but tha music a lil’ boring/dry. Jax? Sounded better with “All Day & Night”’s music? He done went dry, this time… I’ono if this’ll grow on me; remixes, one day? My Rating: 3.5


06. CamelPhat & Jake Bugg “Be Someone”
Columbia for this Phat release, this time… Neva expected this collab; tha roaring Jake on a CamelPhat track? Hope tha expectations pay off! >>> Always diggin’ tha Phat music; they always stay consistent with tha sound! Interestin’, calm version of Jake, here, as it sounds like it blends with tha dance world. I know him from Music Choice: MCU (tha old college version of tha Indie station, playin’ his “What Doesn’t Kill You” track, from late 2013). This nice ta hear; great build-up! Drop’s cool, too, as if “Cola” didn’t have a “difference,” if ya know what I mean (just a regular vibe from a drink)! My Rating: 4.2


07. Don Diablo with Jessie J “Brave (Don Diablo VIP Mix)”
Casablanca & Republic, here… Seems like JJ makes random comebacks… Neva was too-too crazy about her; heard this collab on MCD and it’s only okay? >>> Chorus sounds pretty good, I’ll admit; sounds like me, at all times: “brave!” Music/drop’s your typical Diablo sound; nothin’ too-too crazy… Didn’t expect this to not have verses; guess that makes it sound betta? A lil’ betta than I expected; I’ll give it some props… My Rating: 3.9
EDIT: Fix tha “I” in “MIx”, in tha filename/info; just caught that!


08. Young Bombs “Don’t Let Them”
A follow-up from them, already, courtesy of Astralwerks. Sirius XM BPM on this one; don’t think I feel it that much? *Rehears* >>> Feelin’ teased by tha uncredited female vocals. Sounds like it has quality; mighta misjudged this? Tha drop ain’t too bad; okay, basic drop that sounds good… Likin’ this one; we’ll see how it performs with me. My Rating: 4.0


09. Chantel Jeffries feat. Jeremih “Chase The Summer”
Wow, tha songs seem so short on this short edition! Coulda fit 24, like two years ago, lol? 10:22pm & Capitol on tha label, here; sneakin’ into tha dance world? Anotha one for Jeremih? I’ono what to think; maybe, a surprise for a new DJ? >>> Sounds like a deep house one; might not be that exciting… Not too special wit tha 1st verse, except tha “Summer”-anticipatin’ lyrics… Chorus sounds okay; tha drop might be tha best? Just sounds like heat? A better 2nd verse than tha 1st; think that’s all I gotta say, since it’s short? My Rating: 3.7


½time: Only two 4.0’s, while tha rest are decent, slightly below-average or ones that need to grow. With that bein’ said, tha average CD rating’s currently at a 3.8. Hate to say it but I’ont thank it gon grow from here…


10. Delerium feat. Sarah McLachlan “Silence (Youngr’s 20 Years Of Silence Remix)”
This song won’t stop resurrecting? Thought it was gonna be one of those 138 BPM surprises to tease me but no, only got 130 out this one… Nettwerk, here; I’ono if we need this song, again? >>> Shoulda went tha Bobina & Christina Novelli “Mysterious Times” cover route, rather than this slow-trance vibe… No transition between tha chorus and 2nd verse, yet, it’s almost 4:30 on tha length? Really odd… Shoulda used these beats for some new DJs/vocalists; this more like a waste. My Rating: 2.2


11. Tiësto, Jonas Blue & Rita Ora “Ritual”
Casablanca, here, with a collab that sounds good, based off my 1st listen of BPM. Now, it’s here for some exposure; leggo! >>> Likin’ this one betta than tha Kygo/Rita Ora collab but will this own up to that song’s Pokémon movie exposure? Good lil’ music collab, as well as tha chorus; good job. Tha drop sounds good; a lil’ slow, as it’s only 115 BPM but it still has its power… My Rating: 4.3


12. Sam Feldt feat. RANI “Post Malone”
That title looks like such a joke, lol; I’ono…! Spinnin’, here, as I throw myself into a bowl of…!! >>> Sappy-soundin’ pop/dance music but interesting new vocalist, here, soundin’ like some of those good-featured vocalists you hear on tracks. Tha chorus pretty nice and true; I agree wit tha “Post Malone” partyin’! Wish more people “party” like him, around where I’m at! Have to go to tha south! Drop’s nice, too; definitely feelin’ tha vibe, here! Think this tha unexpected surprise on this edition! Not sure if it’ll top Sigala & Becky but it’s a close one! My Rating: 4.6


13. Tritonal feat. Rachel Platten “Little Bit Of Love”
Diggin’ Trit; neva thought they’d collab wit tha “Fight Song” vocalist, tho, courtesy of Enhanced… Just like tha “Post Malone” track, I’m throwin’ myself into a bowl of…! >>> Music sounds good; I think this’ll be a good collab, regardless. Tha chorus and drop sound good; can’t complain. I think Rachel’s vocals go good with tha Trit guys. I’ono if I’d consider her on, like, buku dance tracks. I think she’s more fit for tha adult-contemp world, rather than a dance attempt. That’s just how my guilty pleasure mind reacts, I guess? My Rating: 4.1


14. Madeon “All My Friends”
Ick…! Columbia, here, with anotha Madeon return… Got to hear it spread around and I think it’s corny. He shouldn’t go tha slow route, just like every1 else. Corny vocals on tha 1st verse but it picks up durin’ tha chorus, surprisingly. Then, it dies back down with tha cheesy drop/music. “Word,” huh? Not really tha quality for me to say, “Word,” dude! My Current Rating: 2.4


15. Col3man & Armen Paul “All My Friends”
Anotha “All My Friends”? Can’t be; too bad I ain’t in my zone! Would be funny to see this, twice! Think this a 1st? It took a Robbins song to bring out tha back-to-back title! Anotha one I neva heard; not sure what to expect…! >>> This one sounds more like a pop-dance song; a lil’ too slow and dry… I hate to say it but I think I like Madeon’s “All My Friends” more; weird. This way too slow, dry and I’m not into tha sappy male vocals… My Rating: 1.6


16. Nonsens & Ericka Jane “We All”
Monstercat, here, with anotha potential trippy moment? “Ericka Jane”, as a newbie? Not Erika Jayne, as a favorite of mine from tha late 2000’s? Sketchy for this newbie to go with that name; let’s see what it’s worth… >>> Kinda likin’ this instant start and quiet music start. She sounds like a good newbie but why tha same-soundin’ name? A borderline-cheesy chorus with tha lyrics, at first, but sounds decent, since I can relate to it. Drop’s kinda cool but dry, at tha same time. Either way, I think this has more positive than negative to offer. My Rating: 4.0


17. Galantis x Yellow Claw “We Can Get High”
Galantis collaboratin’ with more peeps, here, courtesy of Big Beat. Definitely diggin’ tha title; heard a snippet somewhere and it’s good. Think it needed its dose of exposure and now’s tha time! >>> Anotha tease with tha uncredited vocalist; sounds like a good chick. Likin’ tha “get high” chorus; definitely a way to boost up! Tha drop sounds cool with its dubbin’ vocal chops; good shit. My Rating: 4.2


18. JES “No One Else (Disco Fries Remix)”
Can’t believe she’s last, with tha D-Fries & Magik Muzik! Only 71 BPM? Will there be hints of 142 BPM speed-ups? I’ono; just throwin’ out ideas but I’m lookin’ forward! >>> Definitely feelin’ tha “what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger” part, in tha beginning, as this tha final song I’m reviewin’ at tha rough age of 30. Sounds like an okay song, so far. I think JES’ vocals sound like they can be on a better track than with tha D-Fries, tho? A lil’ tease in speed with tha build-up but then, tha slow-soundin’ drop for JES; decent but slow for her. Either way, I’m likin’ this for a different kinda vibe… My Rating: 3.7


Overall: Anotha edition stricken by less than 20 songs and tha 3.6 average CD rating! Seems like it keeps repeatin’! While there weren’t too many terrible songs (really, just tha “All My Friends”es & tha sappy “Silence” resurrection), most of this edition had decent tracks. Nothin’ striking, except for bein’ surprised by tha “Post Malone” shit, lol. I have a feelin’ we’ll be in store for some better music, next month, once tha August edition drops. I think with me bein’ in tha same position I’m in, not advancin’, iz what’s makin’ these editions get these average CD ratings of 3.6’s. I miss tha 4.2+ CD ratings!


Rankings:

18.       Col3man & Armen Paul “All My Friends” 1.6
17.       Delerium feat. Sarah McLachlan “Silence (Youngr’s 20 Years Of Silence Remix)” 2.2
16.       Madeon “All My Friends” 2.4
15.       P!nk feat. Cash Cash “Can We Pretend (MOTi Remix)” 3.1
14.       Cheat Codes & Daniel Blume “Who’s Got Your Love” 3.2
13.       Jess Glynne & Jax Jones “One Touch” 3.5
12.       Chantel Jeffries feat. Jeremih “Chase The Summer” 3.7
11.        JES “No One Else (Disco Fries Remix)” 3.7
10.       KREAM & Eden Prince feat. Louisa “Ain’t Thinkin’ ‘Bout You” 3.8
09.       Don Diablo with Jessie J “Brave (Don Diablo VIP Mix)” 3.9
08.       Nonsens & Ericka Jane “We All” 4.0
07.       Young Bombs “Don’t Let Them” 4.0
06.       Tritonal feat. Rachel Platten “Little Bit Of Love” 4.1
05.       Galantis x Yellow Claw “We Can Get High” 4.2
04.       CamelPhat & Jake Bugg “Be Someone” 4.2
03.   Tiësto, Jonas Blue & Rita Ora “Ritual” 4.3
02.   Sigala & Becky Hill “Wish You Well” 4.6
01.   Sam Feldt feat. RANI “Post Malone” 4.6


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      65.1
Total Songs:                      / 18
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.6


Damn… Tha total score’s tha exact same as tha last edition! Two “All My Friends” & tha same total score; what are tha odds?