FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Review #1,807: Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2019

Reviewed on 7.20.2019 (Review #1,807)


As much as I thought I was on my way to recapture my success, unfortunately, I’m in a stall, once again. Got tha Promo Only: Dance Radio August 2019 review up now & I don’t think I’m gonna anticipate this tracklist, once again. It’s like, damn, this, like, tha 5th edition in a row my anticipation’s low (and, March 2019, tha last good edition, was tha last time I had a paycheck, too). Start Time: 8:46 PM | End Time: 10:08 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> “ iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> “ iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it.
 
© 2019 CD Review (Review #1,807) reviewed on 7.20.2019 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Boston Bun “Don’t Wanna Dance (Vocal Radio Edit)”
Island, here, with a follow-up to last year’s strange “Paddington” thing-y… >>> Have a feelin’ I’m not gonna feel it; not really crazy ‘bout these vocals. Only decent music on tha drop, tho cheesy for me. I do agree about not wantin’ to “dance!” My Rating: 2.8


02. Jyye feat. JEX “Stop & Listen”
SOURCE on tha label, here; looks familiar… >>> Kinda a better-soundin’ intro, so far, with okay female vocals. Kinda hope tha music gets better from tha chorus; a lil’ dry… I actually hate tha word “stop,” so sometimes, when I hear tha chorus, it’s like, “Uh oh!” Just a decent-soundin’ track; might have potential to grow on me… My Rating: 3.3


03. R3hab & A Touch Of Class “Around The World (La La La)”
CYB3RPVNK & Casablanca, here; almost wanna skip it… >>> No need for a dance cover of a dance throwback. Odd that no ATC as tha artist name, here; tha acronym spelled out, this time. Couldn’t really skip it ‘cause by tha time I was done with this, it was, basically, over. My Rating: 1.0


04. Klaas feat. Miss Sister “Call Me When You Need Me”
A new Robbins track, here; can we not have a flopping song? >>> A lil’ bit of a quieter start for a Klaas track; vocals okay, so far. Yes, vocal chops in tha drop! That’s an improvement for this CD! Might take a lil’ time to improve on me but above-average for me, so far… My Rating: 3.7


05. DJ D-Sol feat. Alex Newell “Rescue Me”
A new one from tha DJ, courtesy of Payback & Big Beat. Have a feeling I heard this and was a lil’ turned off… >>> Yeah, why another remake/cover, already? Even tho I rated his 1st song (“Don’t Stop”) good, I didn’t like that that was a cover. After following up with tha strong “Feel Alive”, now, we’re back to tha trashy covers, smh. Not feelin’ this one at all; pointless! My Rating: 1.0


06. Gorgon City “Elizabeth Street”
Astralwerks & Capitol, here; a deep surprise? >>> Yeah, nice and deep; didn’t expect this kinda deep sound to be on here. Sounds a lot better than their Kaskade/ROMEO “Go Slow”-collab’d track. Vocals sound nice and mysterious, as they’re hidden in tha background. These beats are pretty nice for a deep vibe. My Rating: 4.4


07. Yves V feat. Afrojack & Icona Pop “We Got That Cool”
Astralwerks & Capitol, here… >>> Doesn’t really sound like tha music would fit Yves & Mr. Jack, in tha beginning. Sounds a lil’ deep with tha music but it sounds good once tha Icona girlz hit tha mic. Likin’ tha pre-chorus & chorus; “feel it in my body! Down thru my legs…” Nice lil’ vibe; sounds great when tha music kicks in more, durin’ tha chorus. My Rating: 3.8


08. LSD (Labrinth/Sia/Diplo) “Heaven Can Wait (The Aston Shuffle Remix)”
RECORDS & Columbia, here, on tha label… >>> Likin’ how a good portion of these intros sound like short club mixes or somethin’. Kinda sounds like a random song/remix, here… Not much to say; it’s okay… My Rating: 3.5


09. Stefy De Cicco feat. Ben Hamilton “La Passion”
Scorpio & Spinnin’, here; Spanglish? Not sure what to expect… >>> A lil’ dry wit tha music; not sure how much I’ll feel it… Decent/iffy vocals but a cool lil’ drop. Makes me think of it bein’ from somewhere other than Puerto Rico, for some reason (Romania? Europe?). My Rating: 4.0


10. Nitti Gritti feat. Jimmy Levy “Eyes On You”
A new Music Choice Dance track that I didn’t get ta hear, yet, courtesy of AFTR:HRS & Musical Freedom… >>> Speaking of AFTR:HRS as tha label, it does sound a lil’ deep-house-y… Kinda dry, compared to tha Gorgon City track. Vocals are a lil’ boring-sounding, for a male, here… Not really any feedback to leave; not too crazy about this… My Rating: 2.4


½time: Damn, PO, a strike-out edition? Only a 3.0 for tha CD rating, so far, tha lowest I’ve ever seen it at! Two 1.0’s and a 3rd one comin’ up with tha Kygo/Whitney Houston cover, smh! Only tha Gorgon City & “La Passion” song caught my attention, surprisingly… What could be next?


11. Tommy Capretto “Floss”
A new Carrillo track! >>> I like how I put an exclamation point, outta nowhere; guess I was anticipatin’ somethin’? Like how it starts immediately wit tha music! Anytime tha music kicks in from tha 1st second, I’m anticipated! Sounds like a cool/good lil’ club track! Definitely dope with this unexpected house/spoken-word shit—“Floss our shit,” that iz! My Rating: 4.6


12. San Holo “Lost Lately”
San returns wit tha bitbird PO appearance, here… >>> Heard briefly on MCD and it’s okay/good. A lil’ cheesy, like some of his songs. Not much to say about this one but I do agree about tha title/chorus: “I been feelin’ lost, lately;” true dat! My Rating: 3.6


13. JAGMAC “Like A Band (Kue Remix Radio Edit)”
Unitas, here; a follow-up (for me) from their “Soldiers” track (my 2nd-rated PO September 2016 track). Heard a brief sample on tha POOL player but, not really a catch for me… *Rehears* >>> Just decent; they remind me of K-Pop or somethin’. Music your typical Kue-soundin’ remix; once again, just a decent lil’ track. Sounded funny wit tha rappin’, on tha 3rd verse. I think tha “Soldiers” track of theirs had rappin’ in it, too (I’m not tryna forget; I’ve been avoidin’ listenin’ to tha throwback music, due to everything I’m goin’ through). My Rating: 3.1


14. SYML “The Bird (Sasha Remix)”
Looks like somethin’ cool that would come outta Music Choice Electronica (throwback channel), courtesy of Nettwerk! Don’t remember tha last time I rememberin’ hearin’ Sasha, too! >>> This iz deep in a way I can appreciate it! Almost a 50-second intro, too! It feels like this year’s been a combination of all my years of music (freestyle, trance, deep, electronica, you name it). Not tha kinda track that would be my favorite but it’s still cool to have a mysterious-soundin’ track like this. Sounds like a good track to get you through a boring time… My Rating: 3.9


15. Disco Fries feat. Maline “Forever”
A new one from them, after their powerful “Moonlight”, courtesy of Enhanced, this time. >>> Threw me off with tha :00 intro with tha vocals, even tho I like tha “look good on paper” lyric, to kick it off. Kinda sounds like a simple-soundin’ DF track and chorus, compared to bein’ surprised with “Moonlight”. Vocals ain’t bad for a female; decent/potential grower track, overall. My Rating: 3.7


16. Bonka feat. Bianca “Focus”
Wasn’t too sure what this was gonna sound like, after seein’ it on tha tracklist. Funny that I know of a Bonka from bein’ a part of tha New Orleans, LA underground rap group, Da Goonz, from tha past decade. As far as a Bianca, that’s tha name of one of my friend’s dogs. Luckily, Robbins did tha signing with this one, so that’ll make for my anticipation/expectation to be good…! >>> Sounds nice and interesting, between tha music start & vocals, here. Chorus ain’t too bad but I like how tha drop has vocal chops! Definitely cool; should be a good lil’ track for me… My Rating: 4.3


17. KANDY feat. Madison Rose “Keeping Secrets”
Didn’t expect this one to be on a PO but it came late. Would’ve thought, maybe, a different label but still courtesy of Thrive, here. Been known from BPM & MCD from 2 ½ months ago; definitely nice. Great lil’ collab, here, from these newcomers & catchy lil’ vocal chops, throughout tha drop. Goes good with Mahalo x DLMT & Lily Denning’s “So Cold” track. My Current Rating: 4.4


18. JRAFFE “California (John Christian Remix)”
Wasn’t this a shitty song from last year? *Checks PO reviewz* October 2018; sad when I don’t remember ‘em like I used to. I remember ‘em more for tha memories… Well, 10 months later, let’s see what we got… Oh yeah, almost forgot to list tha label (or should I say, “re-list,” since it’s a re-entry): NHMM. >>> Think I’m still not feelin’ it; shoulda been this version in tha 1st place. Shockingly, I’m likin’ that drop a lot! Reminds me of Toby Green! Great for tha remixer of Alessia Cara’s “Trust My Lonely”’s follow-up! It’s kinda pushin’ me to like it a lil’ more… Chorus can sound a lil’ funny/annoying/odd but it’s cool. We’ll see what I make of this one when it earns spins with me… My Rating: 4.0


19. Kaskade & Meghan Trainor “With You”
Epic & Columbia, here, with a borderline-big song that’s near tha bottom of tha PO CD, lol! Who woulda expected? Its slow speed caused that? With that bein’ said, it’s a lil’ slow/dry for me to love it. It’s a cool collab; hope Meghan does more dance collabs. Really liked her Sigala-featured “Just Got Paid”, even tho tha exposure for that song was real awkward. No dance or mainstream adds but added on tha Nick Music channel? Either way, semi-cool song, here, just a lil’ dry. Anotha chorus with a “stop,” lol! Weird that tha other one was tha 2nd song from tha start and this tha 2nd song before tha last, on here! My Current Rating: 4.1


20. Kygo & Whitney Houston “Higher Love”
Can’t believe as shitty as this edition seemed to be, not one song was under 100 BPM; crazy! In this slow generation we’re in…! RCA, here; was gonna consider this some new, unreleased vocals till I heard tha chorus. I know there are other Kygo songs that sound better than this; no PO exposure, instead? Anotha one that coulda been a contender for tha 1st spot on here but due to its speed, it’s nice and thrown at tha end of tha CD! With that bein’ said, it’s a hell naw fa me! My Current Rating: 1.0


Overall: Not that great of a CD…; worst 1st ½, ever! CD started to pick up toward tha 2nd ½ with a few surprises and better ratings, at least. Either way, I can’t blame PO 100%. My life ain’t all tha way back to normal, yet & I can feel it with tha music comin’ out, too.


Rankings:

20. R3hab & A Touch Of Class “Around The World (La La La)” 1.0
19. DJ D-Sol feat. Alex Newell “Rescue Me” 1.0
18. Kygo & Whitney Houston “Higher Love” 1.0
17. Nitti Gritti feat. Jimmy Levy “Eyes On You” 2.4
16. Boston Bun “Don’t Wanna Dance (Vocal Radio Edit)” 2.8
15. JAGMAC “Like A Band (Kue Remix Radio Edit)” 3.1
14. Jyye feat. JEX “Stop & Listen” 3.3
13. LSD (Labrinth/Sia/Diplo) “Heaven Can Wait (The Aston Shuffle Remix)” 3.5
12. San Holo “Lost Lately” 3.6
11. Disco Fries feat. Maline “Forever” 3.7
10. Klaas feat. Miss Sister “Call Me When You Need Me” 3.7
09. Yves V feat. Afrojack & Icona Pop “We Got That Cool” 3.8
08. SYML “The Bird (Sasha Remix)” 3.9
07. Stefy De Cicco feat. Ben Hamilton “La Passion” 4.0
06. JRAFFE “California (John Christian Remix)” 4.0
05. Kaskade & Meghan Trainor “With You” 4.1
04. Bonka feat. Bianca “Focus” 4.3
03. KANDY feat. Madison Rose “Keeping Secrets” 4.4
02. Gorgon City “Elizabeth Street” 4.4
01. Tommy Capretto “Floss” 4.6


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      66.6
Total Songs:                      / 20
--------------------------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.3


Ironic? Total score was 66.6!! I seem to always have tha most unexpected shit occur, outta nowhere!