FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, August 16, 2019

Review #1,814: Promo Only: Dance Radio September 2019

Reviewed on 8.16.2019 (Review #1,814)


And, it arrives! Promo Only: Dance Radio September 2019! How will it go? Well, thinkin’ that my life was gonna get back on track from tha last CD, I guess tha last CD’s ratings were sadly right… I still have no paycheck & my lower back pain iz so bad to where I have to get an MRI, 2morrow! I don’t even feel like engagin’ in any activity outside of layin’ in my bed. Luckily, I can be on tha laptop, no problem. It’s like, I only can wish thingz will get betta from here… While seein’ this tracklist, it looked more promising than last month’s edition, so there should be a lil’ bit of a chance to regain tha scores & my whole situation in life…; we’ll see! Start Time: 9:53 PM | End Time: 11:30 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2019 CD Review (Review #1,814) reviewed on 8.16.2019 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Above & Beyond x Seven Lions feat. Opposite The Other “See The End”
Label: Anjunabeats
“See!” Progression! A BPM add and I caught on, despite me not bein’ in much of a mood to listen to new music, right now (due to everything goin’ on). Title could reflect what’s goin’ on, now (“See The End”—“end” of tha nonsense); I feel it! Like most of their recent releases, this has A&B’s typical, slow-soundin’ start and even tho it takes a lil’ while for tha beats to build up, I’m diggin’ this collab. Drop’s pretty nice and these new male vocals sound good ta hear; good 1st track on here…! Gotta feel tha 2nd lil’ chorus; I feel tha SL beat contribution! Reminds me of his other 2nd chorus beats; good vibes! My Current Rating: 4.6


02. Illenium feat. Jon Bellion “Good Things Fall Apart (Tiësto’s Big Room Remix – Radio Edit)”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
I remember bashin’ tha original version, when it was previously on here. Luckily, Tiësto has gotten better with his remixed sound, lately. Heard him remix “Obsessed” & “Summer Days” (Martin Garrix & Patrick Stump), for tha late spring/summer & they were pretty impressive. I heard a lil’ bit of this from a BPM sample and it was impressive, too. I just wanted to wait for more exposure/a review to give it a better listen. And, here we go…! >>> If it woulda started on this PO, instead of tha original version, I prolly wouldn’ta even thought to dislike it… I like tha instant music part and tha vocals ain’t too bad. I feel it more durin’ tha chorus; sounds more anthemic than this sad-lookin’ title. Good lil’ drop, too; it’s all about bein’ anthemic & turnin’ tha falling “apart” times into somethin’ comin’ together! Good lil’ quick 2nd verse, too; only 3:38, compared to those previous remixes I talked about, where they’re almost a minute longer… My Rating: 4.3


03. Martin Garrix feat. JRM “These Are The Times”
Label: RCA
Speakin’ of Garrix, here he iz with a new one… Don’t think I got any hints of how this sounds, so lemme dive right into this…! >>> Sounds like a kid’s toy in tha beginning, but I’m not gonna let it fool me… As soon as it went past 15 seconds without vocals, I felt like I had more hope for it… Sounds more like an Avicii-inspired, instrumental dance track! Oh, 47-second intro; definitely nice of Mr. Garrix! Good improvement, between him & Promo Only! Vocals sound good; a lil’ lighter-soundin’ than “High On Life”, here, but a good mix of everything. Good lil’ 2nd verse, too; I feel tha positivity! I know it’s comin’ back for me…! First three songs and it seems like I can relate to all of ‘em, in my own wayz…! My Rating: 4.2


04. Disco Fries feat. Maline “Forever (VAVO Remix)”
Label: Enhanced
Thought this one coulda used a lil’ boost from tha original & here it iz, courtesy of VAVO… Spread around pretty quickly, thanx to BPM & Music Choice Dance. Sounds like I can appreciate it more, since it’s more hyped-up. Good job wit tha VAV boyz on tha mix! They squeezed a nice remix into only 2:25; interestin’… Not much to say; just, great job…! My Current Rating: 4.1


05. Shawn Mendes “If I Can’t Have You (Gryffin Remix)”
Label: Island/Republic
Not much anticipation, here; think they coulda pushed his newer song wit Camila Cabello more than this one. Then again, I’ve seen September editions, such as tha 2006 one, where a low-anticipated remix (Brooke Hogan) turned into a special remix for me. She may’ve been a female & he’s a male; we’ll see, tho… >>> When it’s a lower-anticipated track/remix like this, this where I don’t like tha slow beginnings. I rather it just get to tha point and shock me… After tha 1st verse and chorus, there’s at least somethin’ in tha drop. Not sure how much luv it’ll get from me, especially durin’ these dry times, but I’ll keep it in consideration. Tha 2nd verse & bridge sound better than tha 1st verse, to me. Glad Gryffin can make a sappy-soundin’ original version sound like a good remix… My Rating: 3.7


06. Icona Pop “Next Mistake”
Label: Ultra
Liked their appearance on tha last PO with “We Got That Cool”. I think they can do betta, tho, so I’m givin’ my anticipation up fa this (especially with Ultra on tha label for this first-charting-on-tha-pop-charts group)…! >>> Didn’t know what to expect off tha first three seconds (almost thought of disco-pop or somethin’). Likin’ how it went str8 to a dance beat; nice lil’ chorus and music, here! Already like it betta than tha last edition’s appearance…! Sounds like a good/above-average 1st verse; I agree wit tha “Next Mistake” perspective, tho. That’s what this year seemed like and I’ve been ready to recapture success…! Sounds like anotha good/above-average verse, on tha 2nd verse, here… My Rating: 4.2


07. Katy Perry “Never Really Over (R3hab Remix – Radio Edit)”
Label: Capitol
Was hoping this was gonna get remixed…; it needs a good push than its original performance… >>> A slow start that sounds a lil’ anticipating… Kinda sounds funny when tha music picks up, durin’ tha chorus, as well as her vocals… Sounds like a good lil’ drop. I keep picturin’ tha Sofi Tukker “Fantasy” remix in my head, since R3hab has a lil’ bit of a recyclin’ history. Either way, a plus iz a plus; this iz a plus. What a way to subtract tha “Guess it’s never really over ‘cause I know it’s really over and if…” 2nd ½ of tha original chorus. Nice lil’ quick 2nd verse, just in time for tha chorus/drop to re-strike! My Rating: 4.3


08. DJ D-Sol feat. Alex Newell “Rescue Me (Mahalo Radio Edit)”
Label: Payback/Big Beat
Oh, boy… We’re only eight songs in and already have our 3rd one as a re-entry… I know “Good Things Fall Apart” made a nice recovery but I doubt a 1.0-rated remake from tha last PO can, despite ½ of Mr. “So Cold” on tha mix…! >>> Likin’ tha instant music start but this gon have to be super-striking for me to really appreciate it… Ehh, not as terrible-soundin’ as tha previous edition’s. Still a remake but diggin’ tha better house tip Mahalo brings to tha table… Two lil’ quick choruses iz all you need; just let tha music handle tha rest, which iz what this iz doin’… Hmm…, I’ll be a lil’ generous, since it wasn’t a full turn-off. My Rating: 3.2


09. Zookëper w/Cecilia Gault “Parallel Lines”
Label: Enhanced
Can’t believe it’s already been a year since we first had Mr. Këper on a PO! He’s had a nice amount of success, within these past 365 dayz! “Watch Me” just finished up its nice run with me, goin’ 21 weeks strong on my playlist! Now, it’s time for this; pretty anticipated ta hear…! >>> First second hit pretty strong…! Sounds like a good lil’ start, with this music and deeper-soundin’ female vocals… Chorus sounds okay; hope this has a lil’ more growth, in tha future… Drop’s anotha good one, with tha vocal chops! Want this one to grow more…! A good lil’ 2nd verse but I’m feelin’ how tha music kicks, durin’ tha 2nd chorus…! Glad Mr. Këper listin’ tha vocalist, this time. Was such a tease to have “Watch Me”’s be unknown to tha world… My Rating: 4.4


10. Bazzi “Paradise (Black Caviar Remix)”
Label: Atlantic
Just like Shawn, I’ono about tha anticipation fa this remix… I like Gryffin a lot more than BC, so…, who knows what’ll happen, here… >>> Sounds like a deep house-type start, for this remix… His sing-rappin’ style ain’t really that special to me… Sounds a lil’ betta with tha chorus goin’ on, here… Drop sounds more on a cool tip than somethin’ I’d embrace. Then again, it’s only a remix, not a Këper-like drop, lol… Soundin’ like I’m likin’ tha sing-rappin’ betta on tha 2nd verse, here… Neva thought a pop singer/semi-rapper like him would have so many edits, lol… Not really a flop for me; I’ll give it its props… This one may have a slight potential to grow; we’ll see what happens. My Rating: 3.5


½time: Well, iz it safe to say that we’re on a consistent level, here? Lowest rating was only a 3.2 and it was tha re-entered, remade “Rescue Me”! Feels safe to say that we’re only lookin’ up from here? Current CD rating’s at a 4.1; that means, good job! Only “See The End” reached a 4.6 or higher (mainly ‘cause I already knew it), so we’ve yet to see if any others reach that height!


11. Mabel “Mad Love (Blinkie Remix)”
Label: Capitol
Just so happens to be on my BPM Last Played screen, as we speak… Don’t 100% remember if I heard any bit of it, tho, so let’s see how this review goes… >>> Sounds like a party chick, here… A cool lil’ 1st verse wit these vocals and deep house/‘90s-soundin’ beat… Tha chorus pretty cool and anthemic; definitely nice, in its wayz. Tha drop sounds good wit tha chops; just progresses well with tha rest of tha parts of this remix/song… Soundin’ like I’m feelin’ this a lot more once tha 2nd verse progresses; definitely catchy! I’ono why, but her flow on tha chorus reminds me of Drake (“Nice For What”); that’s a plus for me… Just at tha border of tha 4.6! My Rating: 4.5


12. Kiiara “Open My Mouth (Michael Calfan Remix)”
Label: Atlantic
Anotha really short one, here; how will tha combination of Kiiara & Michael Calfan go…? >>> Sounds like a regular-soundin’ dance start, here… Yeah, “Better if I say nothin’;” I agree. A lil’ soft, here, but I’m likin’ tha vocal-chopped drop, I will say. Tha rest of this ain’t bad; it’s a good lil’ quickie, I guess? My Rating: 3.6


13. Jonas Blue “I Wanna Dance”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Like how tha BPM rose from 120 to 126, just now, on this edition…! Also, with this edition, I like how we’re transitionin’ from how we didn’t “wanna dance” with Boston Bun to now wantin’ to “dance” with Jonas Blue…! >>> Instant start wit interestin’ beat combinations, between Jonas’ light-soundin’ beats but with a dark sound & dark, male, house vocal… Dry, sappy lil’ drop followin’ tha chorus, tho; picked up a lil’, at least… Kinda happy he went this route, proceedin’ tha slower, dance/pop-soundin’ tracks… Good lil’ new direction; we’ll see how much it can grow on me… My Rating: 3.8


14. Nora En Pure “Heart Beating”
Label: Spinnin’ Deep
Speakin’ of dry, I have a feelin’ this’ll be a lil’ dry… >>> Music sounds a lil’ betta than Jonas Blue’s track… More dark-soundin’ male vocals, here… Likin’ how tha drop/music kicks in quietly, here… It’s lookin’ like it gon tie wit Jonas? I think it’ll win tha tie-breaker, tho. Anotha good lil’ quick house track to pass tha time, I guess? My Rating: 3.8


15. Throttle “Dreamer (Radio Edit 3 – Short)”
Label: Monstercat
Looks like a good lil’ track from MCD… Tha 3rd RE version? How many edits are there? >>> An edit with an instant start, tha way I like it…! Thought it was gonna be a quiet start—at :15, tha beats in tha background I thought were gonna start it. A more anthemic-soundin’ house track, compared to tha previous two tracks on here. Nice drop (as heard in tha intro) and vocals/lyrics to have you daydreamin’… I already know what tha dreamz may lead me, within three years (hopefully)! We’ll see…! My Rating: 4.0


16. Phantoms feat. Anna Clendening “Say It”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
MCD got this and it’s been slowly spreadin’… Didn’t 100% catch on to me, like some of their non-Dance Radio previous singles did (“Designs For You” & “Lay With Me”). Now that it’s time to review it, let’s see what I have to say… >>> Sounds like a good female on tha vocals, here; beats are nice and deep-soundin’. Tha chorus ain’t too bad; sounds a lil’ simple, here, as well as tha dry-soundin’ drop… With its exposure gettin’ out there, guess I gotta enjoy this one more, as tha spins come in…? Tha rest of this good, I’ll say… My Rating: 3.9


17. Duke Dumont feat. Zak Abel “The Power”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Let’s see what direction Mr. Dumont gon go next, with this Zak… >>> A dry start with tha music and vocals, so far… A lil’ boost in interest with tha drop, comin’ from a semi-dry chorus, too… Sounds like a good lil’ “feel”-type of bridge, here, as it sounds like you’re up top, comin’ down on ‘em hard! Tha “ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh” shit in tha background reminds me of tha last PO, with Gorgon City “Elizabeth Street”’s music parts, at times, as well. This one might have to be a grower with me but for now, slighty-above-average… My Rating: 3.7


18. Sofi Tukker “Swing”
Label: Ultra
Speakin’ of Tukker from earlier, here they are… I feel anticipated fa this; I’ono about a 92 BPM vibe, tho, but we’ll see… >>> Sounds like a start to get you goin’; let’s see how far we go… Sounds pretty sexy when Sofi’s female sings… Interestin’ lil’ mix with tha male vocals, too; sounds good. Tha rest of this pretty nice; I’ono how mainstream’ll take this non-English shit, tho. I wish they would appreciate it more; it has tha vibes goin’… My Rating: 4.3


19. KSHMR feat. Mike Waters “My Best Life”
Label: Spinnin’
I know Karra’s comin’ up on here, still. I bring her up ‘cause I really felt her, KSHMR & Kaaze’s mainstream-lacked “Devil Inside Me” track a lot! Now, it’s time for this slower-paced one. Hope it has some dope elements in it… >>> Kickin’ off with a dope-soundin’ element, here; let’s see how these vocals turn out… Sounds like a decent track; vocals almost sound poppy, in my “earpinion” (lol @ me makin’ that word up, just now). Hearin’ tha chorus and it’s cool; drop’s cool, as well. Likin’ this more once tha 2nd drop kicked in; hope I can appreciate it more, even tho tha expectations of “Devil Inside Me” go through my brain… I’ll give this one tha benefit of tha doubt; can’t deny tha positivity! My Rating: 4.2


20. MYRNE feat. Karra “Worlds Away”
Label: Ultra
Thought this was gonna be one of tha ones that was gonna save last edition’s ratings. However, it contributed to here, following KSHMR, no less! Was surprised that MCD got this & iz showin’ it luv; well-deserved! Gotta luv how Karra comes through on tha tracks, as well as these in-anotha-dimension-like beats from MYRNE…! Luv what Karra comes up with and I remember readin’ on her Instagram that she likes to aim for perfect/near-perfect; I feel it! Gotta luv that drop, in a psychedelic, trippy perspective! Didn’t have to be strong; just had to take your mind to a whole ‘notha level! Also, I like tha hidden vocals after tha 1st drop… Still hoping for tha best for this, on MCD & all tha outlets out there…! My Current Rating: 4.7


Overall: Guess my wishin’ for betta tracks came true? Nice lil’ edition to make a comeback! Slowly but surely, we’re all gettin’ back in motion, here! It’s a working progress but I know better times’ll be back! I wish myself tha best of luck, 2morrow & hope to recover quickly. Until then, guess I’ll just review to make tha dayz go by (I have plenty I’ve had for tha past 10 years to keep me busy, in case)?


Rankings:

20. DJ D-Sol feat. Alex Newell “Rescue Me (Mahalo Radio Edit)” 3.2
19. Bazzi “Paradise (Black Caviar Remix)” 3.5
18. Kiiara “Open My Mouth (Michael Calfan Remix)” 3.6
17. Duke Dumont feat. Zak Abel “The Power” 3.7
16. Shawn Mendes “If I Can’t Have You (Gryffin Remix)” 3.7
15. Jonas Blue “I Wanna Dance” 3.8
14. Nora En Pure “Heart Beating” 3.8
13. Phantoms feat. Anna Clendening “Say It” 3.9
12. Throttle “Dreamer (Radio Edit 3 – Short)” 4.0
11. Disco Fries feat. Maline “Forever (VAVO Remix)” 4.1
10. Martin Garrix feat. JRM “These Are The Times” 4.2
09. Icona Pop “Next Mistake” 4.2
08. KSHMR feat. Mike Waters “My Best Life” 4.2
07. Illenium feat. Jon Bellion “Good Things Fall Apart (Tiësto’s Big Room Remix – Radio Edit)” 4.3
06. Katy Perry “Never Really Over (R3hab Remix – Radio Edit)” 4.3
05. Sofi Tukker “Swing” 4.3
04. Zookëper w/Cecilia Gault “Parallel Lines” 4.4
03. Mabel “Mad Love (Blinkie Remix)” 4.5
02. Above & Beyond x Seven Lions feat. Opposite The Other “See The End” 4.6
01. MYRNE feat. Karra “Worlds Away” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      81.0 (a 14.4-point increase from last month’s!)
Total Songs:                      / 20
--------------------------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.1