FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, September 13, 2019

Review #1,815: Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2019

Reviewed on 9.13.2019 (Review #1,815)


What’s up? Got my 1,815th review right now! Promo Only: Dance Radio October 2019! Looks like it gon be a good tracklist; we’ll see how we do! Been strugglin’ wit gettin’ my life back together but I just got a call for a full-time job, so we’ll see how we do! I should be shakin’ back but no extra-positive enhancements, at tha moment, due to some dumb shit goin’ on, smh. So, this’ll be as regular as can be; I have my headphones to enhance tha vibes, so we’ll see how we do… Start Time: 6:35 PM | End Time: 8:14 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2019 CD Review (Review #1,815) reviewed on 9.13.2019 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Martin Garrix feat. Bonn “Home”
Label: RCA
A new track, thanx to BPM for tha exclusive… Just sounds like anotha great collab from them; you know how they do… A lil’ on tha rock-soundin’ side fa tha background production, with this dance-influenced vibe/vice-versa. At 1:07, you hear tha Garrix sound buildin’ up… Nice ta hear tha beats kickin’ in durin’ tha drop; just sounds a lil’ too slow throughout tha verses… I mean, this their 3rd collab; each one has had a slow start, no less… I think tha energy should just be showcased, each time; no need ta wait! Speakin’ of Garrix & Bonn, tha last live review I did (December 2018’s edition), that was tha 1st time I heard Bonn, on November 28th, at Concrete City! Classic times! A lil’ boring, at times, while it’s slow but I’m diggin’ tha energy when tha energy shows itself off… I give Bonn props fa his storytellin’, as well… My Current Rating: 4.0


02. EDX “Stay”
Label: Spinnin’
Neva sure what to expect from EDX… Sometimes, it’s dry (e.g., “Off The Grid” with Amba Shepherd); sometimes, it’s anything; let’s see what this time iz… >>> Sounds like it’s off to a more energetic start… Sounds like a Brandy/female R&B singer on tha vocals; let’s see how we do, here… Sounds like faster deep-house, here…; good/okay, as I won’t knock it… Likin’ how tha drop and parts of tha chorus continue to progress… Wonder who’s doin’ tha vocals? They should get a lil’ exposure… My Rating: 3.8


03. Joel Corry “Sorry (VIP Mix)”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Music Choice Dance has this one but an original, slow version. Now, PO’s here ta up thangz up! >>> Nice lil’ upbeat VIP intro, here… Hearin’ tha chorus and yeah, it would sound a lil’ depressin’ on an original version. However, PO’s here for tha VIP Mix; sounds pretty upbeat… As soon as tha chorus part comes on, it sounds like a deeper vibe than I thought… I’ono, kinda boring; prolly why I didn’t consider it, right away… “Sittin’ in my room like Brandy;” didn’t I just mention her in tha previous song? How ironic! It’s all about those reviewz—live, no less! Tha rest of this kinda boring; just seems long, even tho it’s not… My Rating: 3.5


04. Gorgon City & MK “There For You”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Feelin’ their “Elizabeth Street” from two POs ago. However, wasn’t feelin’ MK’s last release of tha “Body 2 Body” song. Now, combinin’ tha two, how will this sound? Hopefully, not too deep to where it can sound boring but more on a surprise level to where—song playing in background: Brennan Savage “Look At Me Now”; nice lil’ surprise durin’ this review—it has an “Elizabeth Street” vibe! >>> Sounds like a good lil’ intro… Anotha surprise wit tha vocals; glad I predicted a lil’ surprise! Sounds like somethin’ that’ll be good… Sounds like a simple chorus; I’ll give it its props… A lil’ repetitive on tha chorus but it’s still good; I’m feelin’ tha positive vibes. Also, anotha unlisted vocalist; wonder who they are…? Feelin’ tha ending’s sounds, as well…! My Rating: 4.3


05. Landis “Under Cover”
Label: Enhanced
After not wantin’ to drink “alone,” 14 POs ago, here we are with this new one, courtesy of Enhanced! What to expect? Prolly more mysterious vocals…; female? >>> A lil’ more energy than I expected, as well as tha female I expected to hear… Sounds like it can be catchy; I gotta get used to it more, I guess, especially durin’ these growin’ times…? I like tha deep-house beat in this one; sounds pretty upbeat… A lil’ bit of vocal chops, too, durin’ tha drop; definitely a plus! Like Lizzo says, “Shampoo press, getchu outta my hair!” “Get out my hair!” Speakin’ of Lizzo, I’ve been remixin’ songs, lately, givin’ them a BPM boost, like tha throwback dayz! “Hair?” Was it “head?” I’ono but both body pieces are, basically, together! Lol…! My Rating: 3.9


06. Brooks feat. Alida “Waiting For Love”
Label: STMPD
Heard Garrix earlier; however, it’s time for a Garrix collaborator, here! Lookin’ forward ta this collaboration! I almost thought Alida looked like Alika on tha ID; close call! Should be a similar vibe, tho? Expectin’ energy! >>> Lookin’ at “STMPD RCRDS” & I noticed that they took only tha vowels outta tha name; interestin’… Sounds like Brooks’ typical house/vocal-pitched tracks… Definitely likin’ tha energy once tha drop hits! Good lil’ collab; let’s keep it goin’! Reminds me of Firebeatz & Jay Hardway “Home” with tha sound on tha drop—had ta think fa a few seconds. There are so many interestin’ drops that I have to have it play in my head to decide what it was…! My Rating: 4.4


07. Matoma feat. MNEK & Kiana Lede “Bruised Not Broken (Fedde Le Grand Remix)”
Label: Big Beat/Atlantic
Kinda got a sample of this; not too sure what I thought. However, with more exposure from PO, let’s see what this gon bring to tha table… >>> Goin’ with tha male start, here… A lil’ boring with these vocals; no wonder why I wasn’t sure of my interest, at first… Kinda feelin’ how tha Fedde beats are buildin’ up, tho… Sounds good when I hear tha Kiana lady, tho; will she be on tha 2nd verse? Let’s hear this drop… Hmm…, a lil’ plain; no special sounds here, sadly… We’ll see how this one does in tha future, even tho no big moments happenin’, right now. It’s true: I’m “Bruised Not Broken!” Tha rest of this iz aight; let’s move on… My Rating: 3.4


08. Justin Caruso feat. Maedi “Good Parts”
Label: Revere
Lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this new one from JC—not Chasez, tho, like my decade-end countdown, comin’ December 31st! Lol… >>> A slow start but nice lil’ female vocals, here… No1 showed luv ta his “High Enough” track from last October’s CD; deserved exposure. Now, iz it time fa this? Sounds like a good pre-chorus, as well as a chorus… Sounds like a nice lil’ drop, just like I expected! Too bad I’m not “High Enough,” like his track from last year. Also, good vocal chops! Seems like JC likes to get some good ratings and iz in tha lead, so far…! Sounds like a tough relationship situation—relationshit, tho, as far as tha 2nd verse goes… I agree! It’s now time ta get rid of tha bad and in wit tha “good!” “Good Parts!” Likin’ tha lil’ vocal chop after tha 2nd chorus; sounds like some hot beats! My Rating: 4.5


09. DLMT feat. Kopa “Younger”
Label: Enhanced
Well, ½ of “So Cold” iz here, again! Last edition, Mahalo got lucky with his remix to my originally-rated 1.0 “Rescue Me”. However, we’re now on DLMT’s appearance but after previewin’ this, it’s a remake! Dunn-dunn-dunn!! I forgot what it was remakin’ but I’ono how interested I’m gonna be… Also, tha vocalist’s name iz tha same last name as this kid I knew from high school. He had that last name and it was weird/he was a biker/rocker-type that was odd. Now, I think tha name looks cool but I’ono how this track’ll be, overall… >>> MGMT “Kids”—there we go… Maybe, this won’t be too bad; at least it’s not remakin’ a dance song! It’s remakin’ an alternative song… Beats sound like tha dry/good vibes of “So Cold”; a lil’ different wit these male vocals, this time… I mean, it’s acceptable; I’ll give it that. Maybe, not too interested in it but I’ll give it some props. My Rating: 3.3


10. Max Styler feat. Moon Man “Gimme That Funk”
Label: Dim Mak
Feelin’ his collab he just put out wit Laura White (“Let Me Take You There”), courtesy of MCD. Now, PO’s showin’ luv ta this one; I’m expectin’ a rap-like, energetic-type track? >>> “Bringin’” a “cowbell back?” Sounds a lil’ dry on this production, so far… More house-y than rap-y, tho; kinda sounds ehh… Sounds betta wit more energy at 1:03, between tha siren and more “cowbell!” Speakin’ of “cowbell,” for my next set of commercials I’m releasin’, from September 23rd – October 31st, I’m producin’ a new beat each day! That’s right! A whoppin’ 39 new beats in 39 dayz! Doin’ this fa former No Limit Records rapper, Skull Duggrey, now known as Charles Hershee. We’ve had a stellar 10-year connection; it’s only buildin’ from here! As far as this track, it’s not bad but it’s nothin’ special. At least there’s a lil’ energy but if “Let Me Take You There” was here, it would have a lil’ more rating in it… A lil’ remakin’ in tha lyrics, too, as he wants to go to “Funkytown!” My Rating: 3.1


½time: A good CD, so far; nothin’ spectacular, except I’m really feelin’ tha Justin Caruso collab wit Maedi. Other than that, good parts but mainly on a decent tip… A 3.8-rated CD, so far; what will be next?


11. Ritual w/Emily Warren “Using (MEDUZA Remix Edit)”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Lookin’ forward to anotha content warning track, especially wit Emily on tha vocals! And, these “Piece Of Your Heart” dudes on tha remix, as well! >>> Sounds like somethin’ cool in tha beginning, here… Sounds like it gon be a house track? An okay chorus, so far… A lil’ deep with tha beats, here; not sure what gon come outta me, tho, as far as feedback… Sometimes, tha beats progress, such as at 1:04; pretty cool… Might have ta get more used ta this; sounds like it could grow. For now, I feel like it needs some memories to be created… My Rating: 3.7


12. LUM!X & Gabry Ponte “Monster (Robin Schulz Remix)”
Label: Spinnin’
Looks like a cool collab wit Gabry on this one, as well as Mr. Schulz! Expectin’ a nice lil’ collab, altogether! >>> Instant start; likin’ that 1st second! Sounds like this’ll be a good lil’ house vibe; definitely feelin’ tha Schulz energy! Cool/good lil’ drop/chorus goin’ on, here! Diggin’ these “creatures” that’s goin’ on, throughout tha “window;” good shit! Nice lil’ track/remix; I’ll give this one a good props! This tha good lil’ repetitive vibe that I’m diggin’; great job! My Rating: 4.5


13. Valerie Broussard & Galantis “Roots”
Label: RCA
Two seconds of silence in tha beginning, based off of when I got tha file; porque? Heard them on tha Galantis remix of Kygo “Think About You”—had ta think that one out. Anyway, lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this Kygoless collab…! >>> Sounds like an uplifting pop/dance intro, here… She wants “Roots” ‘cause she “cut tha tree down” in tha Kygo song, lol! Sounds good wit these vocals; gotta catch onto her more, tho… MCD has a song of hers called “Actually” that I’m not playin’, at tha moment. Either way, this sounds pretty good wit tha chorus and drop. I’m still not feelin’ all tha dryness in tha beats, tho… It’s almost like I only hear partial energy on tha chorus, as well as a good amount of energy on tha drop… Cool lil’ track; just want more energy from tha tracks, tho… My Rating: 3.6


14. Domenico “Sirens (twoDB Remix)”
Label: il Dottore
A MCD song that’s ehh, not too special… As much as I feel tha remixers, I don’t think this iz somethin’ I’d get into. Just sounds like a soft pop song, remixed… Beats are okay on tha drop; they’re dry, tho. Sometimes, hearin’ beats makes me like ‘em but this iz too boring fa me… I’ono, just not feelin’ it; not that I’m hatin’ but it’s just too plain fa me… My Current Rating: 2.6


15. Sena Kana feat. Wiz Khalifa & Sheppard “Up (Dzeko Remix)”
Label: Independent
Looks like a dope collab, here, wit Dzeko on tha mix! Too bad I can’t get into my Khalifa zone right nah, due to dumb shit goin’ on! But, when I shake back, it’s gon be poppin’! >>> Didn’t expect tha male singer in tha beginning; thought it woulda been a female… Hearin’ tha female in tha background, here; sounds like a good mix… Sounds like tha good-soundin’ soft pop vibe, remixed, compared to tha “Sirens” song I just heard… A good amount of energy comin’ from Dzeko, on tha drop, here; good shit! Feelin’ tha lil’ sounds and energy, of course! That female singer on tha 2nd verse, here, soundin’ pretty nice; sounds like an interestin’, new track! Got Khalifa on tha 3rd verse, here, “Up like helium;” good shit! “Cards, I’m dealin’ ‘em;” nice! Likin’ how Khalifa blends wit tha Dzeko! First, Preme & Post Malone; now, Khalifa! “Roll one up in tha clouds;” jealousy!! I gotta wait my turn!! My Rating: 4.2


16. Elderbrook & Rudimental “Something About You (VIP Radio Edit)”
Label: Big Beat/Atlantic
Sources been gettin’ this; sounds like a regular dance/pop track. Now with a VIP Radio Edit, hope it adds more energy that I need to make myself happy with… >>> A lil’ on tha deep-house vibe, fa this start; let’s see how this goes… Regardless, tha track’s still on its okay vibe fa me, here… Sounds like tha MCD version; guess they didn’t ID tha “VIP” in tha mix? Tricks! Just a boost in energy but nothin’ ta really capture me… No feedback fa tha rest of this… My Current Rating: 3.2


17. Franklin, Digital Farm Animals & Sorana “Drowning”
Label: Arista
Looks interestin’; hope it’s not dry… I expect a nice collab here! Let’s pretend it’s “Tokyo Nights” wit tha Farm, again! >>> Instant start; short length! Sounds like a good female on this chorus, here… Sounds like a dry, deep-house beat iz on its way to tha drop, here… Sounds cool wit tha vocal chops; I’ll give tha drop props… A good lil’ house track; can’t complain… My Rating: 4.4


18. Jax Jones & Tove Lo “Jacques”
Label: Island
I know this’ll be a good collab so lemme just get into it! Glad Jax has anotha domestic release! Gotta keep tha popularity out there! “Wha-wha-Whatcha gon do?!” Right?! >>> Really, Tove? Who wants a “cigarette” taste on your “lips?” I rather weed! How does my mom shmoke a pack a day? Waste of moola! Sounds cool with that pre-chorus, as well as tha chorus… Beats don’t matter to be a lil’ dry, here; we got tha Tove on tha vocals! This one might need ta grow on me but it’s cool ta be on here and gettin’ out there… Good lil’ verses; tha more Tove, tha betta! I know y’all didn’t put “Win Win” with Diplo on here, throughout this year but that was one of my top-played songs of tha year! My Rating: 3.8


19. ONEDUO feat. Anthony Flammia “Human”
Label: Robbins
A MCD song that iz okay/good; not sure how much I’d play, tho. Felt their release from last year that no1 played (introduced us to TwoWorldsApart & uncredited vocals from Delaney Jane, “It’s Not You”). However, it’s these times now, I guess, courtesy of Robbins… Not that it’s a fail; it’s a good lil’ release, I guess? Decent lil’ drop, with energy; okay lil’ chorus, as well… Tha rest of this just flows; it’s only okay for me. My ratings are “Human,” tho! My Current Rating: 3.0


20. The Chainsmokers & Illenium feat. Lennon Stella “Take Away”
Label: Disruptor/Columbia
Not sure how much I gon feel it; lemme rehear… >>> Kinda likin’ Lennon but I feel like that Chainsmoker vocalist needs to give tha singin’ and slow beats up! He gotta go back to tha “Habits (Stay High)” remix, from five years ago! Cool lil’ chorus, especially with tha title part. Wasn’t too crazy about tha 1st verse but I guess this song has potential to get better? Drop’s a lil’ okay—I’ono, it’s slow and dry. Vocals seem hot to add while tha drop plays; good goin’, Lennon… Hearin’ tha 2nd verse and more of tha Chainsmoker dude takin’ over tha main vocals; not too crazy, here… Kinda a mixed review, here; feelin’ tha chorus/Lennon but not too much tha Chainsmoker dude/dryness of some of tha beats… My Rating: 3.5


21. Julian Jordan “To The Wire”
Label: STMPD
Heard it on MCD and it’s so dry!! What happened to his greatness of 2015 (“Angels X Demons” & “Blinded By The Light”)? With that bein’ said… *rehears…* >>> Instant start wit these male vocals; nothin’ too crazy, here… Chorus iz repetitive, too… Why tha dry drop? We can do betta than this! Good lyrics in tha 2nd verse, as far as tha memories ‘til “they’re gone,” tho. If only he did tha vocal chop vibe in a faster production, I would be happier! My Current Rating: 2.8


Overall: Thought it woulda been a lil’ betta, based off of what I anticipated… Some tracks turned into house tracks, with drier-than-expected beats, while most were just decent. I guess we’ll give it up to “Good Parts” & “Monster” as tha winners. However, no 4.6+s! Disappointed in that! Maybe, we need some faster-soundin’ tracks, as well as more with energy to make it into tha mainstream/PODR! Other than that, I’ll still be tunin’ in! Guess this means my October’ll be okay? I think it gon be betta, based off tha full-time job! We’ll see how everythang goes but I enjoyed doin’ anotha live review! Take notes of my interest!




Rankings:

21. Domenico “Sirens (twoDB Remix)” 2.6
20. Julian Jordan “To The Wire” 2.8
19. ONEDUO feat. Anthony Flammia “Human” 3.0
18. Max Styler feat. Moon Man “Gimme That Funk” 3.1
17. Elderbrook & Rudimental “Something About You (VIP Radio Edit)” 3.2
16. DLMT feat. Kopa “Younger” 3.3
15. Matoma feat. MNEK & Kiana Lede “Bruised Not Broken (Fedde Le Grand Remix)” 3.4
14. Joel Corry “Sorry (VIP Mix)” 3.5
13. The Chainsmokers & Illenium feat. Lennon Stella “Take Away” 3.5
12. Valerie Broussard & Galantis “Roots” 3.6
11. Ritual w/Emily Warren “Using (MEDUZA Remix Edit)” 3.7
10. Jax Jones & Tove Lo “Jacques” 3.8
09. EDX “Stay” 3.8
08. Landis “Under Cover” 3.9
07. Martin Garrix feat. Bonn “Home” 4.0
06. Sena Kana feat. Wiz Khalifa & Sheppard “Up (Dzeko Remix)” 4.2
05. Gorgon City & MK “There For You” 4.3
04. Brooks feat. Alida “Waiting For Love” 4.4
03. Franklin, Digital Farm Animals & Sorana “Drowning” 4.4
02. LUM!X & Gabry Ponte “Monster (Robin Schulz Remix)” 4.5
01. Justin Caruso feat. Maedi “Good Parts” 4.5


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      77.5
Total Songs:                      / 21
--------------------------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.7