FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Review #1,817: Promo Only: Dance Radio November 2019

Reviewed on 10.09.2019 (Review #1,817)


As I’m slowly finally gettin’ back on track, I’m here for tha Promo Only: Dance Radio November 2019 review! This edition came kinda quick, as I unexpectedly got it before I even knew it was out! Now, usually, tha November editions are usually really good but I have a feelin’ this’ll be one of those editions that’ll need to grow on me. We’ll see as this review goes on… Also, Happy 32nd Birthday to my boy, producer, J Buc! Start Time: 1:59 PM | End Time: 3:39 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2019 CD Review (Review #1,817) reviewed on 10.09.2019 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Tritonal feat. Rosie Darling “Never Be The Same”
Label: Enhanced
Kickin’ off this edition with, prolly one of tha top picks I’ll have with this review; can’t wait ta hear! >>> Likin’ this slow build-up for tha start; definitely anticipatin’ these vocals from Rosie, here! Felt “High Enough” for her previous collab wit Justin Caruso; too bad that “high”’ll have to wait… I’ll still try & appreciate this as much as I can, tho, since tha buildin’ up in tha chorus has me pretty amped…! Sounds like a full-energized drop, here; definitely diggin’ tha energy…! Good lil’ 2nd verse, too, as tha music’s energy drops back down… Not too sure if that’s tha way to go but at least it’s long enough to have enough excitement to deliver tha exciting energy… My Rating: 4.6


02. VASSY “Trouble”
Label: Spinnin’
Got a quick sample of it and I wanted to see if it was gonna get out there before I considered playin’ it. Then, quickly, Music Choice Dance got an exclusive mix: Dan Thomas Miami Sunset Radio Mix; that’s a pretty nice mix! As far as this original version bein’ on here… >>> A slow start that kinda sounds like typical dance songs’ slow intro beats… I like how she goes at tha “bustaz,” here. Not likin’ how tha chorus’ beats start out all dead & electronic-y… Yeah, tha chorus/drop’s too dry/plain; kinda why I didn’t jump for joy with my lil’ sample. Maybe, a month or two from now, PO can have VAS re-enter with that special mix…? Gonna have to trash tha rating, here but I’ll have to tease, too & compare tha two: My Rating: Original: 2.4 | Dan Thomas Miami Sunset Radio Mix: 4.8


03. Arlissa “Running (James Carter Remix)”
Label: Def Jam
Anotha MCD one that I think gonna have to get trashed for its dryness, based off of what I heard… >>> Remembering when I first heard her last song, “Hearts Ain’t Gonna Lie” & thought it was real nice. Then, some weird times came and I just thought it was too draggin’ for last year. Hearin’ this now and even tho tha 1st verse sounded a lil’ dry, tha chorus picked up and sounded better… Tha drop’s prolly where I thought was gonna trash it; kinda distorted & plain. Not really tha vocal choppin’ I like, to where it’s more distorted than you can understand her “Running,” clearly. Where her last song seemed like it fit more for tha dance world, this sounds like it fits more for an R&B song, remixed. I think this’ll have some potential to have a lil’ growth; I’ll give it a lil’ bit of props for its attempt at havin’ energy. My Rating: 3.4


04. Galantis “Holy Water”
Label: Big Beat
Could be a good one, as usual; not 100% sure what to expect, except for, maybe, a typical, slow-soundin’ intro…? >>> Sounds like it’s like tha Tritonal intro, where tha intro beats build up to excitement… Diggin’ these mysterious-soundin’ female vocals; kinda remindin’ me of tha “Emoji” vocals… Hearin’ tha chorus and it’s pretty good for tha Christian-like content; diggin’ this “water…” A good lil’ drop; expected a lil’ more exciting sounds throughout it, tho. Kinda sounded a lil’ repetitive without extra sounds added… Overall, I think it’s good; prolly could be better with moments to come, tho… My Rating: 3.8


05. Minus Manus “I Love This Club”
Label: Sony Germany
Importin’ from Germany, here? Have no idea what to expect but if I had to guess, house? Let me find out…! >>> Thought it was gonna be one of those hyped-up house tracks but tha quiet start caught me off-guard… Diggin’ this female vocalist and new-soundin’ dance vibe. Kinda reminds me a lil’ of a Dev-soundin’ vibe and am feelin’ tha chill dance vibe, here… Likin’ how she wants to not “blame it on tha Grey Goose,” durin’ tha 1st verse. Definitely a way to be control of tha hype! Also, likin’ tha lil’ sounds after tha chorus/drop part; kinda what Galantis needed to add in theirs! Could be a big one, domestically? Let’s see how tha dance world gon treat it… My Rating: 4.4


06. The Him “Walk Alone”
Label: Spinnin’
Seems like they’re always on a November edition… Heard a sample of this one and I may have to get used to tha male vocals. Anotha slow beginning with an energetic drop; here goes tha review… >>> Yeah, exactly what I remembered from my preview iz how I feel about this 1st verse… Likin’ how it builds up for tha chorus and then, tha drop delivers. Kinda like a combination of their latest sound vs. their throwback beats; props on that. Not sure if I can love it, already but it has tha potential to be somethin’… Lol @ its quick “fade,” accordin’ to tha back cover. Sounded more like a fast, two-second fade, compared to a :07 - :15-second fade that I would think’s a more-normal “fade.” My Rating: 3.9


07. Riton x Oliver Heldens feat. Vula “Turn Me On”
Label: Ministry Of Sound/RCA
You mean 124 fa tha BPM? Got a sample of this one, too & there’s a familiar song sampled throughout it. Lemme rehear & see tha 62 BPM displayed, when I think it’s 124…! >>> Yeah, caught on to tha “Don’t Go” sample of tha ‘80s. Was remade on tha February 2007 PO and now, it’s sampled to a new dance track. Hearin’ tha beats pick up, as tha chorus progresses; great “feeling.” Reminds me of some good-soundin’ dance music from last decade. Great job wit tha vocals, tha “feeling” & combination of beats, here. My Rating: 4.4


08. Sultan + Shepard, Rock Mafia & Bahari “Miles To Your Heart (Yves V Remix Radio Edit (Melodic Intro))”
Label: 12Tone/Rock Mafia
Looks like a mega collab? Rock Mafia turnin’ to tha dance world, after they tried their luck durin’ tha Miley Cyrus pre-evolvin’ dayz of tha early 2010’s? >>> “Melodic Intro”, accordin’ to tha ID, here? Sounded more like an instant start, with a distortion to tha melodicness… Sounds good with Bahari on these vocals; hope tha beats get bigger from here… Nice build-up durin’ tha chorus, as I get ready for tha drop…! Sounds good; nothin’ strikes me differently about this drop, compared to other drops. I do like that tha energy iz there, so that’s a plus…! I’ll give this one its props; diggin’ tha collab. We’ll see how much bigger it becomes, due to tha R-O-C-K on tha collab… My Rating: 4.2


09. Dom Dolla “San Frandisco”
Label: Last Nite/Arista
After catchin’ tha airwaves wit tha previous single, here comes this one. Got a sample, recently & it has an interesting vibe… >>> Pretty hype intro part & part/drop right after tha lil’ quick, computerized vocal. A lil’ spoken-word part to bring out tha “house” vibe, as Mr. Dolla depicts… Tha rest of this flows through, nicely; good lil’ follow-up from tha Dolla…! My Rating: 4.5


½time: Lookin’ pretty nice, so far; can’t complain too much. Only song that weighed thangz down was tha original version of VASSY. Either way, a 4.0-rated CD; looks like we’re gonna have a betta-than-expected November & hopefully, tha rest of this month, as well!


10. Tiësto feat. Mabel “God Is A Dancer”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
Slower speed of 120, here, fa Mr. Ësto? Looks like it’ll be a good collab, so hopefully, tha beats/energy iz there! >>> Mabel sounds good on this one, here, for tha beginning, chorus & how this progresses. Hearin’ tha 1st verse and even tho she sounds good, Mr. Ësto has some plain beats goin’ on, here; where’s tha excitement, Mr. Ësto? Finally, pickin’ up halfway through tha song with some excitement. It’s more background vocals than beats, surprisingly, but it all adds up nicely… My Rating: 3.9


11. Breathe Carolina “Too Good”
Label: Spinnin’/Big Beat
I expect somethin’ “Too Good” fa this one? Only 2:13, tho…? >>> Anotha song with a slow start, here… Not too much time on tha track, so how much slow time can you afford? Likin’ that their original productions are now dance than compared to tha beginning of this decade. However, dry/plain beats throughout tha chorus? Male vocals are okay but they don’t do no justice. At least The Him’s track had strong beats to back tha vocals up. This just sounds like some boring deep-house shit… A lil’ betta around 1:45 but we’re down to less than 30 seconds, now! My Rating: 3.1


12. Stash Konig x LUX “Second Chance”
Label: Enhanced
A “Second Chance” iz right, for Stash, as he comes from his “Million Things” remix… >>> Sounds like a good lil’ vocal chop in tha beginning, with a semi-slow start… Hearin’ these vocals on tha 1st verse and it’s pretty nice; likin’ her “I’m not sober!” part…! Sounds like some good, laidback-soundin’ female vocals, like tha Minus Manus one… Tha chorus sounds pretty hype; it’s tha hype that Breathe Carolina was missin’ in their track…! An okay/cool drop; prolly coulda expected better sounds used but it’s okay. A good lil’ 2nd verse, too, even tho tha anti-“sober” 1st verse caught my attention more. My Rating: 4.3


13. Martin Mix & NVCTS “The Floor Is The Ceiling”
Label: Robbins
Always expect a lot when I see a new Robbins song…! Always excitin’ to see new artists, so I’m hopin’ tha excitement pays off, here…! >>> A good female vocal, here, as well as some nice, growin’ beats to start thingz off… Hearin’ tha chorus and it sounds pretty nice; instantly think of Avicii and his sound wit this one… Good way to resurrect his sound with tha drop and dance-embraced vibe, here! We’ll see how this one’ll do in tha mainstream; it deserves attention. My Rating: 4.3


14. JES “We Belong To The Night”
Label: Magik
Could be real special, as it looks like she’s returnin’ to a vocal trance vibe?! 138 BPM…?! >>> I’ono if I feel tha 138 on tha intro, here; sounds more like a good pop beat… Sounds like a good lil’ chorus, here… Damn, tha beats are all slow & typical-soundin’ on tha drop; disappointin’… Kinda sounds like it wanted to be “In The Name Of Love”, or somethin’? Where “Turn Me On” was half tha BPM on tha back cover, it shoulda been this, instead? Good lyrics and, of course, she sounds good but like I said on her previous song, I don’t think she fits these slow beats…! Maybe, in tha future, there’ll be a real 138 BPM remix but for now, this could be VASSY #02…! My Rating: 3.5


15. DallasK “I Know”
Label: Musical Freedom
Looks like tha back cover beat tha filename, as tha vocalist izn’t ID’d on tha filename… He’s had a pretty good run of singles, so let’s see how this one’ll go… >>> Vocals blend in with these uptempo beats, here; sounds good, so far… Good job wit tha chorus and tha drop’s pretty nice. Glad it’s not plain or anything and has excitement to progress through these beats, clockin’ in at 122 BPM…! Goin’ tha male/female duet route like with “Sometimes”, here? That song grew a lot on me once I ate some good edibles (to peak at #03 on my playlist, back in May) but got boring fast, for some reason… Since that song had a good run, I think this deserves one, too…! My Rating: 4.5
EDIT: No Monique Lawz on tha feature; not sure where tha name came outta


16. Black Coffee & Usher “LaLaLa”
Label: Ultra
Looks like it’s gonna be boring… I don’t anticipate Usher, especially on dance tracks…! Also, tha tempo’s gettin’ slower… >>> Beats are boring, slow & not really poppin’ fa me… Kinda liked tha Black Coffee previous song wit Guetta betta (“Drive”), courtesy of MCD… It took 1:33 to get to tha title? *Yawns* (no, literally, I just yawned; irony plays a big part in real time!) Okay singin’ and all that but nothin’ special for me; just anotha song enterin’ tha dance world… Lol, no “fade” outro, this time? Kinda reminded me of The Him’s…! My Rating: 2.7


17. NOTD x Daya “Wanted”
Label: Island/Republic
Could be a good collab, if produced correctly… >>> Sounds like it might be, based off this 1st verse from Daya… Sounds good wit tha music growin’, as well as these vocals. A lil’ tropical-y on tha chorus’ music but a lil’ slower than usual. Not as strong as I expected tha music to be but it’s a good effort. We’ll see how much success this single’ll bring tha both of these artists; good lil’ slow track… My Rating: 4.0


18. Steve Aoki & Backstreet Boys “Let It Be Me”
Label: Ultra
OMG, 144 BPM?!? Content warning on BSB?!? Faster than JES?!? Could be tha BIGGEST one I’ve anticipated all year…!! I’m only bein’ sarcastic! Where does 144 come from on Aoki? He only wishes he can go that fast but I will give him credit for his “Hoovela” track, courtesy of MCD, last year; 138! >>> Sounds like a good pop song with a dance vibe. I liked their previous two singles that were remixed on here but this iz your typical Aoki sound. He just decided to grab BSB to get more attention… I scanned tha BPM & I got 114; sounds more like it, as it’s not too slow but not fast. Not much ta say with this but this needs to be more of a pop-recognized song than to enter tha dance world. Feels weird hearin’ BSB be all censored & all that. It’s like, did they ever go hard…? My Rating: 3.0


19. Elephante “Diamond Days”
Label: Elephante
Endin’ wit Mr. Phante, here, on a slow-produced tip… Not sure if he’s meant for tha slow ones, tho…? >>> Really slow beginning, here, with a good-soundin’ male vocalist, here… Music’s startin’ to pick up after tha nice-soundin’ chorus… Nice beats for this slow track; good job wit tha drop, Mr. Phante…! Kinda seems boring and drags on but it has a better effort than some tracks on here; I’ll give it some props… My Rating: 3.6


Overall: This CD had some good tracks, some decent ones, some ones that weren’t for me; it kinda was its own gumbo pot? At least tha good was there; I’ll give it that! Watch tha BPMs, tho; a few threw me off… Needless to say, keep progressin’, as I slowly start re-progressin’ back to tha top!


Rankings:

19. VASSY “Trouble” 2.4
18. Black Coffee & Usher “LaLaLa” 2.7
17. Steve Aoki & Backstreet Boys “Let It Be Me” 3.0
16. Breathe Carolina “Too Good” 3.1
15. Arlissa “Running (James Carter Remix)” 3.4
14. JES “We Belong To The Night” 3.5
13. Elephante “Diamond Days” 3.6
12. Galantis “Holy Water” 3.8
11. Tiësto feat. Mabel “God Is A Dancer” 3.9
10. The Him “Walk Alone” 3.9
09. NOTD x Daya “Wanted” 4.0
08. Sultan + Shepard, Rock Mafia & Bahari “Miles To Your Heart (Yves V Remix Radio Edit (Melodic Intro))” 4.2
07. Martin Mix & NVCTS “The Floor Is The Ceiling” 4.3
06. Stash Konig x LUX “Second Chance” 4.3
05. Minus Manus “I Love This Club” 4.4
04. Riton x Oliver Heldens feat. Vula “Turn Me On” 4.4
03. DallasK “I Know” 4.5
02. Dom Dolla “San Frandisco” 4.5
01. Tritonal feat. Rosie Darling “Never Be The Same” 4.6


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      72.5
Total Songs:                      / 19
--------------------------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       3.8