FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, December 6, 2019

Review #1,863: Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2020

Reviewed on 12.06.2019 (Review #1,863)


On a furlough (well, my final one, thank God). Feel a lil’ confused as to what to do, so I figured, lemme do tha most-important objective: Promo Only: Dance Radio January 2020, tha review! Was surprised how early this arrived (tha 1st edition I’ve seen produced over one month before tha actual date on tha edition) & didn’t expect it. Now, it’s a surprise…! To increase tha fun a lil’, since I ain’t expect it, I’m gonna type tha review out regular but I’m gonna listen to ‘em on shuffle! Let’s mix thangz up…! No previews or lookin’ at tha back cover, since everything’ll be in random order…! I will apply everything at tha end of tha review & when y’all see “[#],” that’s what it landed on, on shuffle… Start Time: 3:23 PM | End Time: 4:49 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2019 CD Review (Review #1,863) reviewed on 12.06.2019 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. MK x Sonny Fodera feat. Raphaella “One Night”
Label: Ultra
[18.] >>> Had a feelin’ this was gonna be on here, after I wanted to consider it from MCD. Now, auto-voodoo on tha vocalist’s name, as it’s my stepmom’s name. Ain’t really have tha greatest relationship with her & her family. You also know it’s bad when she even called my grandma a “cunt” on her answer machine ‘cause she wasn’t followin’ my step-sister on Instagram, smh. However, now that it’s in a dance vocalist’s name (different spelling), I think it’s time that I appreciate it, now. Definitely feelin’ these two DJs combinin’ their beats, as well as Raph’s vocals…! My Rating: 4.5


02. Bonka feat. The Romantic Era “All Your Love (Kastra Remix)”
Label: Robbins
[21.] >>> Here comes tha final one on shuff-to-tha-le…! Looks like it’ll be a good follow-up to tha sadly-sober-times “Focus” (great exposure; deserved better moments). Even sounds like a special song to end thangz off, even tho I prolly think tha slower songs would be at tha end. Likin’ these vocals, as well as Kast on tha mix; nice follow-up…! My Rating: 4.3


03. Jonas Blue & RetroVision “All Night Long”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
[06.] >>> Str8 from MCD; they got it around when this CD got produced… Sounds like a nice lil’ positive collab… Tha RetroVision drop sound of tha pausin’ kinda throws me off, sometimes but tha beats don’t stop, so that’s a plus. Nice lil’ uncredited female vocals; hope they get revealed, one day. My Rating: 3.9


04. The Him feat. Norma Jean Martine “In My Arms”
Label: Spinnin’
[14.] >>> Know this one from MCD; not too much luv to their last song, since they never added it… This one sounds good, tho; like their female-vocal approach… It’s like if their previous song, “Walk Alone”, had a sister; equally nice! My Current Rating: 4.1


05. KANDY “Let Me Down”
Label: Thrive
[03.] >>> One of tha newer ones from Music Choice Dance & now, it’s gettin’ more exposure… Slow, male-vocal start, here; sounds decent… Tha chorus ain’t too bad & tha drop makes it sound a lil’ more excitin’… Liked tha previous song of his & Madison Rose (“Keeping Secrets”) better but we’ll see how this does, for a solo effort… My Rating: 3.7


06. Louis The Child & Drew Love “Free”
Label: Interscope
[15.] >>> Have a feelin’ it’ll be good, based off tha quiet piano intro; let’s see how right I am… Likin’ these male vocals, so far… Sounds like a good chorus; tha beats seem like a long tease, tho… Will they transition nice? Will they pick up…? Damn, str8 to tha 2nd verse; thumbs down to tha transition… Durin’ tha 2nd chorus, a lil’ bit of extra beats… Not too much in tha music, at times, tho tha vocals made this more interesting than somethin’ I wouldn’t like… My Rating: 3.4


07. Charlie Puth “Mother (Fedde Le Grand Remix – Radio Edit)”
Label: Atlantic
[12.] >>> I’ono about him; I usually have low anticipation… Kinda bleh with tha 1st verse & chorus but tha climax got me a lil’ excited… Drop kinda cool, too; just not too exciting fa me… My Rating: 3.1


08. Disco Fries & Mister AC feat. Rozee “Beat Of Your Heart”
Label: Enhanced
[02.] >>> Sounds like tha next dance song that finna do good… Sounds good with these new female vocals, as well as these beats pickin’ up…! A lil’ surprise feelin’ with tha strength of tha drop; definitely feelin’ this one…! Definitely feelin’ tha power; I feel tha strength for 2020; it’s on…!! My Rating: 4.8


09. Halsey “Graveyard (Axwell Remix)”
Label: Capitol
[20.] >>> Oh yeah…! Another exclusive from tha POOL player! Compared to, say, your regular pop song remixed, here comes Mr. Ax-to-tha-well with his recreation of Halsey! Definitely feelin’ how he made this a dope house remix, mainly off his beats. He kept only a lil’ bit of tha vocals, slowed ‘em down & layed it down…! It’s kinda like what I did to my Polo G, NLE Choppa & Kevin Gates remixes. I turned ‘em into somethin’ else & mainly focused on beats… My Current Rating: 4.4


10. CamelPhat & Jem Cooke “Rabbit Hole”
Label: Columbia
[16.] >>> Glad they got a new one; can’t wait ta hear…! Sounds good with Jem’s vocals; definitely sounds hot for a start… Likin’ how tha Camel music picked up at :39; definitely nice! I can see why their last song, “Be Someone”, kinda didn’t make much noise (not even a MCD add). Bein’ clean started durin’ that month of July & that’s where music/my life needed to be rescued, as far as excitement goes… Pray that when I get off house arrest that I’m an exception to “enjoyin’ music more,” if y’all know what I mean… I have Asperger’s syndrome & a medical marijuana card, as well as lower back pain & anxiety. I feel like I’m over-qualified & based off two inmates in tha work release, they say that as long as you have tha card, you’re good (on probation)… With that bein’ said, I look forward to this gettin’ out there; definitely feelin’ it! Just luv that they have anotha collab & Jem’s vocals make this sound like a new female I would hear for tha 1st time & think, “Insanely-catchy track!!” My Rating: 4.6


½time:
[Shuffled ½time] From what’s on here, it sounds great. For what I’m currently goin’ through, it sounds refreshin’ ta always hear new music! It’s almost like my world stopped with everything tryna stop my free life… If I took tha ratings I currently have, I would have a 4.0 for tha CD rating. However…
[Real ½time] Lots of excitement, here; can’t wait fa 2020 but I want things my way!! We got a 4.1 for tha CD rating, so far; let’s keep it up…!


11. Dua Lipa “Don’t Start Now”
Label: Warner
[08.] >>> Another borderline-dance/pop track, here… A lil’ bit of a disco vibe but I can tolerate her more than Sam… Funny that my shuffle had this come on after Garrix’s remix… “Scared To Be Lonely”…! Didn’t think of gettin’ this, right away, but now that it’s here, I’ll add it. Hope she keeps these upbeat vibes comin’ with her tracks… My Rating: 3.8


12. Vintage Culture & Fancy Inc “In The Dark”
Label: Spinnin’
[09.] >>> Looks like it’ll be good… Follow-up to their “Save Me” track that seemed to get out there but not on PODR or on my playlist… Sounds good for a male-vocal track, so far; let’s see if this gains strength… Likin’ this “compass heart” chorus goin’ on, here… Wasn’t sure what to think of with that alarm, pause-like sound goin’ on but it sounds nice with tha beats/vocals… My Rating: 4.2


13. Sam Smith “I Feel Love”
Label: Capitol
[04.] >>> Oh shit, fa’real? Iz this what constantly plays on tha commercials? Wouldn’t’ve put two & two together! I literally thought it was some disco person like Sylvester or somethin’ but here’s Sam payin’ tribute to Donna Summer. There’s a part of me that feels like this should stay where I heard it from but at tha same time, a part of me likes it as a guilty pleasure. Surprised he went this route. Not too sure about airplay from me; we’ll see… My Rating: 3.5


14. GASHI feat. DJ Snake “Safety (Dark Heart Deeper Mix)”
Label: RCA
[10.] >>> Here come these two, again, with a new one… I think this one’s okay; I like tha deep drop/chops… Don’t really have much to say about this but it’s a good edition to this edition… My Rating: 3.7


15. Kesha “Raising Hell (Justin Caruso Remix)”
Label: Kemosabe/RCA
[19.] >>> This a good one but I think I have tha best mix, courtesy of tha POOL player (Pink Panda). MCD has The Wild’s mix…; naw! This JC mix cool but I don’t think it’s on PP’s level… Kesha may say, “You don’t need tha high,” tho I do… She had a suicide struggle & even tho I may get depressed, I’m too positive to have that struggle…! Outside of my full-time job, my productivity’s so weak…! My passion’s weaker, too… Life’s different when you don’t have your brother around; can’t live like a 24-year-old… I done evolved! My Rating: 3.8


16. PRAANA “Asylum”
Label: Spinnin’
[13.] >>> A completely brand-new everything, here; lookin’ forward ta hearin’ this… Sounds exciting with these female vocals & tha vibe goin’ on in tha beat… Sounds like a hot chorus, here, though I swear these titles come to haunt me…? I review old, Louisiana rap CDs & I hear things about troubled life. Then, tha dance music and it’s about tha “Asylum;” go figure, lol! Tha beat build-up to tha 2nd verse sounds like some good anticipation to appreciate this track…! Even ended with a “siren,” too! My Rating: 4.4


17. Martin Garrix & Dean Lewis “Used To Love (Jimi Hyde Remix)”
Label: RCA
[07.] >>> Got a remix goin’ on, here… Hate when I try to check what recently played on BPM (courtesy of Dogstar Radio) & it doesn’t show anything. They prolly got this song but I won’t be able to tell… Thought tha drop would have more energy than just a plain-soundin’ dance vibe but it ain’t too bad…; I’ll give more props to tha original, tho… My Rating: 4.0


18. Sofi Tukker “Purple Hat”
Label: Ultra
[01.] >>> Oh boy, anotha new track from them…! Sounds like a fun lil’ track, on a slower tip (their usual pace) than last month’s “Like This”… That last song of theirs has me more entertained than my 1st listen & I expect this to have its own growth, as well. My Rating: 4.0


19. EKALI & Illenium feat. Chloe Angelides “Hard To Say Goodbye”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
[17.] >>> This looks like a dope collab…! Sounds good with Chole’s vocals, here. Wish mainstream gave her credit on her Seeb x R. City “Under Your Skin” collab, as well as buku luv. That made my top 10 of 2017 outta all tha songs I played, that year; underrated! As far as this, it’s catchy; not too sure how much I can get addicted to these slow beats, tho. I mean, this iz good; I just don’t luv it, as I only like it, so far… My Rating: 3.6


20. R3hab & Zayn feat. Jungleboi “Flames”
Label: CYB3RPVNK
[05.] >>> Doesn’t sound like a dance track… *Checks ID* I’ono; lemme see how it progresses… Funny how tha featured artist’s name sounds like one of them Baton Rouge rappers I loved for a while (BluBlack… Da Jungle Boy)! Feelin’ how tha drop sounds on this one; not sure if there’s enough excitement throughout tha track to keep me alert, tho… This one went kinda quick but I’ll rate it almost a 4… My Rating: 3.9


21. BONNIE X CLYDE “Curse”
Label: Ultra
[11.] >>> Glad they got another one; let’s see how this one sounds… Always interestin’ with tha chick’s vocals & these slow beats to anticipate a catchy track… Sounds like an intense-soundin’ drop; I feel tha “Curse” title, tho! Last week, while I was at work release, four dayz in a row, whatever # I was of tha person that’s been there tha longest, it kept matchin’ with how many dayz I had left! Also, my transition to house arrest iz next Friday, which iz a Friday tha 13th; trippy? My Rating: 3.8


Overall: Looks like this edition turned out to be pretty sweet… Glad I got to have some extra fun, durin’ a time that doesn’t have much of that… Lookin’ forward to addin’ some of these soon; 2020, here we come…!


Rankings:

21. Charlie Puth “Mother (Fedde Le Grand Remix – Radio Edit)” 3.1
20. Louis The Child & Drew Love “Free” 3.4
19. Sam Smith “I Feel Love” 3.5
18. EKALI & Illenium feat. Chloe Angelides “Hard To Say Goodbye” 3.6
17. KANDY “Let Me Down” 3.7
16. GASHI feat. DJ Snake “Safety (Dark Heart Deeper Mix)” 3.7
15. Dua Lipa “Don’t Start Now” 3.8
14. BONNIE X CLYDE “Curse” 3.8
13. Kesha “Raising Hell (Justin Caruso Remix)” 3.8
12. Jonas Blue & RetroVision “All Night Long” 3.9
11. R3hab & Zayn feat. Jungleboi “Flames” 3.9
10. Sofi Tukker “Purple Hat” 4.0
09. Martin Garrix & Dean Lewis “Used To Love (Jimi Hyde Remix)” 4.0
08. The Him feat. Norma Jean Martine “In My Arms” 4.1
07. Vintage Culture & Fancy Inc “In The Dark” 4.2
06. Bonka feat. The Romantic Era “All Your Love (Kastra Remix)” 4.3
05. PRAANA “Asylum” 4.4
04. Halsey “Graveyard (Axwell Remix)” 4.4
03. MK x Sonny Fodera feat. Raphaella “One Night” 4.5
02. CamelPhat & Jem Cooke “Rabbit Hole” 4.6
01. Disco Fries & Mister AC feat. Rozee “Beat Of Your Heart” 4.8


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      83.5
Total Songs:                      / 21
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.0