FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Review #1,922: Promo Only: Dance Radio February 2020

Reviewed on 1.05.2020 (Review #1,922)


Somewhat wakin’ up to a Promo Only review—my 1st for tha new year & decade! Promo Only: Dance Radio February 2020! This edition was even produced 12 dayz before 2020 started, as well! Fastest for a February edition! I looked at tha tracklist & with me knowin’ a few songs already, I feel like this gon be a good edition! A good edition to where I think my February gon be nice & bright!! Am I hypin’ tha hype too much? Can’t take it for granted, just yet! Just gonna see how each day turns out but I have a feelin’ this’ll be a great review…! Start Time: 11:33 AM | End Time: 12:59 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2020 CD Review (Review #1,922) reviewed on 1.05.2020 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Alok & Dynoro “On & On”
Label: Arista
Had a strong feelin’ this was gonna be tha 1st track on this edition… Decent male-vocal track to hype up tha vibe, here… Not much to really say; short & sweet to hype up tha hype, basically… My Current Rating: 4.0


02. Au/Ra x Alan Walker “Ghost (The Him Remix)”
Label: RCA
Glad she’s not a one-hit-wonder in tha dance world! I think this a good collab—we’ll call it a triple collab wit The Him enhancin’ this in a nice way! Sometimes, her lyrics can be a lil’ cheesy but I appreciate her vocals & vibes, at all times! I can even relate to this ghostin’ vibe, especially with what’s been goin’ down wit me, recently…! Glad The Him were able to keep their hyped-up vibes wit tha drop & all that, here, givin’ this track tha energy it deserves…! My Current Rating: 4.4


03. Felix Jaehn & VIZE feat. Miss Li “Close Your Eyes”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
Anotha one of tha newer tracks from Music Choice Dance. Didn’t add it right away like tha other two tracks but I gave it a listen. Sounds like anotha nice lil’ track like “So Close”, from last February’s edition. Also, #03, again! This one has nice, new female vocals & a good, energetic vibe; anotha great collab! Lovin’ how nice, quick & sweet these tracks are! My Current Rating: 4.1


04. Deniz Koyu & Ralph Felix feat. MPH “Enemy”
Label: STMPD
Anotha Felix, no less! Not to mention, tha highlight of tha CD…! Can we just think of February editions, Track #04’s & ratings in tha past, for a second…?
^ Here we are, three years later & I feel tha same way, right now! Not just for “Cracked Wall” but for our “Enemy”, here!! MCD on tha add & I was instantly feelin’ it! I see this a PO Clean Edit, here… Ironic ‘cause on this day, it’s my lovely niece’s birthday & we all know her dad (my brother) passed away almost five years ago, from “drugs.” Sad day but stronger/fearless me, in tha end! Even can’t go to her party (& tha one from yesterday), due to bein’ on house arrest! This review’s helpin’ with makin’ this day go smooth! With that bein’ said, tha “drugs” iz prolly replaced in this version (tha “Enemy,” in tha end, as well as my situation bein’ anotha “Enemy”)… Lol, I thought it woulda been anotha “on love,” but it’s a “fall,” ironically? A “fall?” Just stressin’ tha negative; nothin’ personal… Needless to say, definitely hype, here; just love tha chorus, strong vocals & hyped-up drop/vocal chops! Went to buy tha song b4 I got this edition & seen that our vocalist’s name stands for Molly P (middle name) Hammar; good fact & great trio, here!! My Current Rating: 4.9


05. Feed Me feat. Sam Calver “Nothing Hurts Like You”
Label: Spinnin’
Speakin’ of years ago, haven’t seen them since their one lil’ “Love Is All I Got” song (from tha 4/13 & 5/13 editions). Now, we have this; can this be a good comeback? First new-new song fa me, here… >>> Their other song started off with a weird slow vibe. Now, we got a lil’ rock vibe, here… Once tha music kicks in, it sounds like tha sounds iz a remake to some other beat? Hearin’ these vocals & they ain’t bad, so far… I have to say, sounds like a different type of dance track than what’s out there, these dayz… Chorus ain’t too bad; don’t think it’ll get a lotta mainstream exposure in tha dance world, tho… I dunno but we’ll see if this has any growth on me, in tha future; just decent, on this 1st listen… My Rating: 3.6


06. Skytech x Emdi “By My Side”
Label: CYB3RPVNK
I see tha R3hab song has a new remix, on here; thought this was it, at first, when I seen tha label… This one looks like it gon be anticipatin’; lemme hear…! >>> Sounds like a nice lil’ female-vocal start, here… Drop sounds good; anotha upbeat dance vibe to appreciate…! Anotha track that’s pretty short; it’ll be over before I can leave more feedback…? Nice lil’ two-chorus track wit two nice drops; that’s all I have left to say… My Rating: 4.4


07. Martin Solveig feat. Roy Woods “Juliet & Romeo”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
Been seein’ this one around… Don’t think I’ll have that much anticipation? >>> Not-so-plain for tha beat start; sounds a lil’ catchy with tha beat… Tha male vocals aren’t too bad, as well; should be better than I expect? Hearin’ tha chorus & it ain’t bad; might need to catch on to me? Kinda likin’ tha vocal chop drop, I must say; likin’ more than tha Feed Me song, here… My Rating: 3.8


08. Michael Calfan feat. Danny Dearden “Could Be You”
Label: Spinnin’ Deep
Another MCD song I didn’t add right away… Now that it’s here, it’ll prolly be an easy-grab for me… Sounds like an okay house vibe wit these male vocals; can’t complain… Once again, kinda short & sweet, so it don’t look like much feedback from me, here… My Current Rating: 3.9


09. Pontifexx, Le Dib & Zeeba “Feelings”
Label: STMPD
Anticipated fa anotha STMPDer! This one looks like a dope lineup fa three artists I neva even heard of…! >>> Unlike “Enemy”, this one’s a male-vocal track; sounds like an anticipatin’ beat for tha music, here… Well, ½ “Enemy”, here, with one of tha vocalists bein’ a female, so that’s a plus… Tha chorus sounds pretty nice & positive, I must say… Hearin’ tha drop & it sounds good; a nice lil’ track fa warmer weather, despite this nonsense cold, up here on tha northeast? As much as it sounds good, I feel like there’s more potential to grow for me, as time goes on. We’ll see how this one does with exposure, in tha dance world… My Rating: 3.9


½time: We’re ½way in & it’s a 4.1-rated CD, so far; pretty good! Lots of good vibes, already! Can’t wait ta see what’s left!


10. Marshall Jefferson x Solardo “Move Your Body”
Label: Ultra
Oh boy, this track returns, once again…! Liked it betta when it was tha 2/12 edition wit tha Benny Benassi cover collab (crazy that that’s been eight years! Tha year 2004 was eight years b4 that!). Now, this has less of that track’s energy… It still has energy, just more on tha original tip with added beats fa tha 2K20… Kinda likin’ that this one sounds like a live performance; guess that builds hype? Not tha biggest fan of covers/remakes but I’ll give this some props… My Rating: 3.1


11. J3RZE “Amazed (Kue’s Forever Radio Edit)”
Label: Parker
Speakin’ of a long time ago, from tha last decade, here’s tha return of Parker Recordings! I believe tha 9/10 edition was tha last time they were on here? Lemme check… *Checks library…* Yup, I was right! “One Life Stand” & “United As One”; great ’09 & ’10 for tha label but then, disappeared to only come back for tha new decade?! Interestin’…! Wish that would be like tha other label that would release with them, Next Plateau Entertainment! Only to disappear after tha 10/13 edition! Anyway, hope tha huge dance vibes are back with this one, even tho it’s not an original version…! >>> Kinda like a lower anticipation for tha start, here… From one cover to tha next? This one bein’ tha country/pop song from Lonestar… From tha chorus & drop, I will give this props. Like I said, not tha biggest fan of covers but I’m diggin’ tha J3RZE/Kue combo, here… Unlike “Move Your Body”, I neva heard a dance cover to this, so I’ll give it more props than that one… Gonna feel like a guilty pleasure ta hear this one but I’ll make a good vibe outta it; at least it’s a good voice… My Rating: 4.0


12. Steve Kroeger x Skye Holland “So Close”
Label: Prodigy
Speakin’ of what I said twice, earlier, here we are, one year later with anotha “So Close” & also, three years later with this duo (from their “Coastline”)! While I was full-time job-hoppin’, last summer, I kept gettin’ all my colors to wood correct, thanx to their “Coastline” track (‘cause there was a “coastline” color)! Gotta luv dance music! Also, can’t wait ta hear their new one!! >>> Lol @ Steve “waitin’ for [his] phone to light up;” interestin’ start but that’s me, all tha way! Likin’ tha beats & how his vocals lay on this track; good job! Likin’ tha chorus from Skye, as well; great vibes! Sounds like a lotta energy pumpin’ outta that drop! Energy pumpin’ at its finest…! Last summer, they came through with their “On My Mind” track. Between its repetitiveness & tha no full-time job shit, I didn’t play that one too much. This one, I appreciate more; nice lil’ comeback! My Rating: 4.3


13. R3hab & Zayn feat. Jungleboi “Flames (R3hab & Skytech VIP Remix – Radio Edit)”
Label: CYB3RPVNK
Just like Zookëper from tha 9/18 edition, here comes Skytech with tha two-time PO appearance for his 1st appearance on Dance Radio! Original version did nice with tha rating, last time, fa somethin’ slow. Now, let’s see how we speed it up…! >>> Sounds like a build-up waitin’ ta happen in tha beginning, here… Hearin’ tha chorus & tha beats sound like tha tempo’s randomly changin’? Been hearin’ that happen with a few tracks, last year; blends in an interestin’ way… Oh, we’re back to tha “Fantasy”/“Never Really Over” sound of R3hab, here; sounds good… Kinda sounds funny to mash together with males, this time… Kinda an interestin’ blend between tha dark/buildin’-up verses, sped-up chorus beats & then, tha “Fantasy”/“Never Really Over” drop! We’ll see if this gon be tha version err-body gon get, since nobody got tha original, yet… My Rating: 4.1


14. Tiësto feat. Stevie Appleton “BLUE”
Label: Casablanca/Republic
Followin’ up tha “Dancer”, which grew on me a lot… Let’s see how he does with a male, on this slower tip… >>> Kinda sounds good but sappy with this vibe, in tha beginning, for a Tiësto track… Once again, sounds like anotha nice-weather track during these times of shitty weather, on tha northeast… Sounds like a good chorus & drop, tho it’s dry & sappy for Tiësto, in my opinion… My Rating: 4.0


15. The Chainsmokers feat. Kygo “Family”
Label: Disruptor/Columbia
Even more people from tha 2/17 edition, lol (Alan Walker, Tiësto, Steve Kroeger, Skye Holland & now, The Chainsmokers); bringin’ back those top-notch vibes?! Maybe on January 23, when I’m off house arrest!! Still, can’t take it 100% for granted! Been patient long enough! For now, let’s see if I’ll feel this… >>> Almost sounded like Zayn with tha vocals, since I just heard him on tha R3hab remix… I already know it’s tha Chainsmoker dude; doesn’t sound so cheesy, here… Okay, I’m likin’ this chorus & drop; feelin’ this vibe, surprisingly! Usually, Chainsmokers have been pretty cheesy for me & sometimes, Kygo’s a lil’ dry. However, they blend pretty nicely with this one…! My Rating: 4.2


16. Shallou “Fading”
Label: Island
A new track from tha mainstream Island, here, with a long length of 280 seconds! Haven’t seen a long length of over 4:30 on here in a minute! Not sure what to expect, especially if it’s not that fast & I neva heard this artist b4… >>> Male start; let’s see how interestin’ they can make this, since they have plenty of time… Kinda likin’ these dry beats, as we’re “living for now;” correct! Some of it sounds like a cover/remake but it sounds pretty catchy… Doesn’t even look too dancey on tha ID/stats but it surpasses that stereotype! For a slow track, I’m feelin’ this one; will tha dance world show this one luv? We’ll have to see… As good as all these tracks may seem, I still feel like I’m locked in a cage. As much as I appreciate my ratings & vibes, I feel like I can’t feel ‘em like I wanna…! Even down to how this iz what my February’s lookin’ like, I still feel like it’s a height I can’t reach…! Either way, great surprise for me! My Rating: 4.4


17. Krewella & Nucleya “Good On You”
Label: Mixed Kids
Anotha track to get my unreachable heights all antsy, lol! Anotha great comeback for a main track from Krewella, here! Definitely lovin’ this collab, courtesy of MCD! They fit on any pace & this one proves that they’re “good on” any track! Gotta luv tha verses, tha pre-choruses, tha choruses & that non-American-soundin’ drop! Lots of pluses fa this leap year! My Current Rating: 4.8


18. Midnight Kids “Run It”
Label: RCA
A new one from them, after PO & I ignored their last song with Jared Lee, “These Are The Days”, from last year. Let’s see how this gon go, includin’ that it’s a content-warning track…! >>> Didn’t expect tha female & tha fast beat, soundin’ like it gon be hot…! Likin’ tha pre-chorus; definitely a nice vibe! Sounds like a strong chorus & slower dance beats ta hype up tha energy; definitely nice! Didn’t expect all this hype, for some reason…! Gotta agree with tha “stay this young for every day…” part, in tha beginning of tha chorus! Who wants to age & not wanna do any excitin’ things? My Rating: 4.4


19. Steve Aoki, Sting & SHAED “2 In A Million”
Label: Ultra
As much as Aoki been dry & disappointin’ ta me, I have a feelin’ this one’ll be more of interest for me. Anticipatin’ SHAED on tha feature, especially since I remixed their breakthrough hit, “Trampoline”, into a 136 BPM feast & wound up hittin’ #01 on my playlist, last month: https://soundcloud.com/frankcalhoune/shaed-trampoline-ftld-remix-radio-edit
^ I’m not here to be tha best; I’m just here to remix what needs a remix. Wish I had more sounds, at times…
With that bein’ said, even good-ole Sting on tha feature, too; should be an interestin’ ending track…! >>> Sounds like a good lil’ slow vibe wit Sting on tha 1st verse, here… See, I like this anticipatin’-soundin’ slow vibe, not like tha dry Backstreet Boys shit… Likin’ tha positive outlook of SHAED joinin’ in, on tha pre-chorus; pretty nice…! Tha chorus sounds nice; hope mainstream looks out fa this one…! Tha 2nd verse sounds nice with SHAED layin’ it down; nice, slow dance vibe for tha new year/decade of 2020! In 2030, can I imagine lookin’ back at this like I did with Parker Recordings for 2010, lol? Neva know! Gotta stay consistent! Nice ending with SHAED’s “ah-ah” vocalizin’, just like their “Tramp”! My Rating: 4.2


Overall: Sounds like this edition’s pretty anticipatin’ fa my future of 2020! Like I said, as much as I believe in it, I just can’t feel it till it’s real! Definitely a nice edition with a ton of great new vibes! Will tha March CD be here by January 23rd? I’ono, I think it can wait about a week but we’ll see how everything pans out…


Rankings:

19. Marshall Jefferson x Solardo “Move Your Body” 3.1
18. Feed Me feat. Sam Calver “Nothing Hurts Like You” 3.6
17. Martin Solveig feat. Roy Woods “Juliet & Romeo” 3.8
16. Michael Calfan feat. Danny Dearden “Could Be You” 3.9
15. Pontifexx, Le Dib & Zeeba “Feelings” 3.9
14. Alok & Dynoro “On & On” 4.0
13. Tiësto feat. Stevie Appleton “BLUE” 4.0
12. J3RZE “Amazed (Kue’s Forever Radio Edit)” 4.0
11. R3hab & Zayn feat. Jungleboi “Flames (R3hab & Skytech VIP Remix – Radio Edit)” 4.1
10. Felix Jaehn & VIZE feat. Miss Li “Close Your Eyes” 4.1
09. The Chainsmokers feat. Kygo “Family” 4.2
08. Steve Aoki, Sting & SHAED “2 In A Million” 4.2
07. Steve Kroeger x Skye Holland “So Close” 4.3
06. Skytech x Emdi “By My Side” 4.4
05. Au/Ra x Alan Walker “Ghost (The Him Remix)” 4.4
04. Midnight Kids “Run It” 4.4
03. Shallou “Fading” 4.4
02. Krewella & Nucleya “Good On You” 4.8
01. Deniz Koyu & Ralph Felix feat. MPH “Enemy” 4.9


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      78.5
Total Songs:                      / 19
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.1