FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)

FTLD'z Demo Reel (2021 Re-Edit)
Check out my latest demo reel on everything I do by clicking tha pic above!

Join My Patreon

Friday, February 7, 2020

Review #1,924: Promo Only: Dance Radio March 2020

Reviewed on 2.07.2020 (Review #1,924)


Lucky for my thoughts of tha previous edition, I was CORRECT!! My life seems to be movin’ back up!! You can tell just by how this edition, which just came out today, as well as it bein’ a day off, that I’m gettin’ to this tha day of its release! Promo Only: Dance Radio March 2020! Also, one year ago, tha 3/19 edition, was tha last edition I had super-hopes for, due to I knew I had to sacrifice my freedom…! Also, that makes March tha leader of tha months, now, due to it has tha most “shmoked-out” ([new term]) reviewz (consistent, too!)? ’15, ’16, ’17, ’18, ’19 & ’20! Every other month (which were all last year, leading up to tha last review (February’s)) had to sacrifice tha freedom; crazy! Now, let’s get inta dis…! Start Time: 8:38 PM | End Time: 11:31 PM


Disclaimer: I type how I wanna type (frequent use of “tha” instead of “the,” “iz” instead of “is,” “a”-ending words instead of “er,” and a few others). I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! As long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it, I like it how I wanna like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. Sometimes, I may not rate a song too high on its first listen, but in tha future, I could be playin’ it more than a higher-rated song…

© 2020 CD Review (Review #1,924) reviewed on 2.07.2020 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.


01. Cash Cash feat. Wrabel “Mean It”
Label: Big Beat/Atlantic
Made a left turn on my thinkin’, due to I ain’t thank a 102-paced track would lead tha way…! We must be on to an interestin’ theme…? Nice way to trick my smart mind…! When I mentioned all tha March CDs, lil’ did my brain know, “Just pick ’16 & realize who was #01 on that edition! Not to mention, it was live!,” lol! As far as this, it’s cool; I dig it. A lil’ on an okay start, then a dead-soundin’ start to a chorus… Either way, a good build-up to vocals… After a while—disectin’ & sayin’, 1:14 in, tha drop be hittin’ pretty nice, at times. Didn’t think I’d have tha right anticipation for Wrab, tho this slower combination works out nice, in its own wayz… My Current Rating: 4.2


02. Duke Dumont “Therapy”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Definitely a nice appearance, especially after Music Choice Dance & their obtaining of this…! Gotta luv its lil’ throwback vibes, as well as this—I’mma just picture somethin’…—Shape: UKish vibe or somethin’, on tha vocals; nice combo! Pure addictiveness; somethin’ big fa tha 2K2-0? My Current Rating: 4.7


03. Nause, Rebecca & Fiona “Can’t Erase”
Label: Spinnin’
Got a quick sample, not too long ago… Sounded like somethin’ that needed a bit more exposure? Time for its full listen…! >>> A decent lil’ collab; a nice lil’ dark-soundin’ with tha verses, mixin’ well… Tha drop & chorus pretty nice, as well as tha pre-chorus…! I think, with tha times bein’ better, I can give this more props than b4… Nice way to follow up Nause’s Daniel Gidlund-featured “Perfect Crime”, from last year…! My Rating: 4.4


04. Tritonal, HALIENE & SCHALA & Jorza “Long Way Home”
Label: Enhanced
A weird-mix of “&” vs. “x”s, here, with a huge amount of anticipation comin’ from ya boy…? >>> I feel real special about tha beginning soundin’, as well as HALI on tha vocals/err-body in tha mix! Sounds great with tha vocals & vibe; definitely nice!! Drop definitely dope—“D”s!! Tha hopin’ of tha beat at 1:40ish, durin’ tha drop; definitely a wave jump!! Really feelin’ tha vibe; this vibe knows its time to come out! That’s why, durin’ tha non-shmoked-out dayz of last year, there wasn’t much of this vibe & it felt it from my vibe…! I’ll be super-generous, here, since there has to be some sorta stamp on these upcoming times…! My Rating: 5.0


05. Love Regenerator & Calvin Harris “CP-1”
Label: Columbia
As some outlets got tha other song, “Hypnagogic (I Can’t Wait)”, here comes this other track from their EP (well, “their” = just an alias, wink, wink). Hearin’ tha other track, it may’ve sounded too fast fa tha norm ta handle? Like, tha fastness I like that’s underrated? >>> I have to say, this sounds pretty nice for a regular-paced, not-as-fast-as-tha-other’s pace track…! Definitely likin’ its undaground vibe, as well as tha way Mr. Harris ain’t sellin’ all out wit this one/tha other one, too/this alias… (that’s a lotta slashes, lol)! Who knows…? Even that voice could be Calvintized by morphin’ your voice! I know how dat be… My Rating: 4.8


06. Kygo with Avicii & Sandro Cavazza “Forever Yours (Avicii Tribute)”
Label: Island
Seems so sad & messed up to know just a few hours ago, what thought came to my mind iz how it’s fucked up that people would constantly ask me, “Any suicidal thoughts?” Of course…, not! I said out loud, “Why couldn’t Avicii get that warning, like I constantly kept getting?” Findin’ strength throughout therapy iz your “best bee” (e.g., spelling “bee;” this a different “bee,” lol)! With that bein’ said, here he iz…! Let’s hear what will come outta this… >>> K.A.S.C.! “KASC!” Kygo, Avicii, Sandro Cavazza; future long-lasting wave? Sounds good; you feel it in a special way, especially comin’ from those Avicii times… That’s a goal: Live like those good times, only bigger! That’s tha goal I am for & it gon happen…! Like how all tha vibes of tha K.A.S.C. Click (lol) combination, here; definitely great! Felt that vibe with Kyg & Sand’s “Happy Now”; definitely nice, here! Already, we have a Part 2, followin’ tha “Happy” one! That’s how you know tha K.A.S.C. Click iz here ta stay, lol! My Rating: 4.4


07. Sam Feldt & Sigma feat. Gia Koka “2 Hearts”
Label: Spinnin’/Arista
Anotha nicely-put collab that’s not bad; more on a decent pop side, sometimes, with how tha drop hits… Either way, good vibes followin’ Gia & her 2nd-ranked “Ride” collab wit M-Mars, last year…! Feelin’ how she comes through wit her vocal vibe/dance vibe, as well as tha verses… Hear more of her deeper voice on tha last chorus…; tha “Ride” vibe…! My Current Rating: 4.2


08. MOTi x Rebecca & Fiona “Down For It”
Label: Robbins
R&F makin’ a double comeback, courtesy of tha 1st initial & tha other initial, back one letter (“Robbins Entertainment); meant ta be?! Let’s see! Let that rhymed question-and-answer sit in ya brain…! >>> I think I gon like this one betta; I’m really feelin’ this slower vibe with them, as well as this slow MOTi vibe…! Tha chorus sounds pretty hot, in all wayz; good shit! My Rating: 4.6


09. Anabel Englund “So Hot (MK x Nightlapse Remix)”
Label: Ultra
Speakin’ of “lund” from earlier (Nause), here comes anotha “lund!” Guess that’s how they do it up in da “Englund,” lol? I figure this’ll be good deep-house… >>> Instantly startin’, feelin’ like I’m in tha mix, outta nowhere! Definitely feelin’ her sound a lot more on this than b4…! Heard her twice, as of 2013 & this tha best, definitely…! Definitely a dope combo between her & tha remixin’ goin’ on; pure vibes!! Long consistency at its finest!! My Rating: 4.9


10. Joel Corry feat. HARLEE “Lonely”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Funny when a HALIENE appears, a HARLEE appears in tha same review setting, lol! Meaning, that HARLEE iz a hidden vocalist! Wink, wink! As far as this bein’ a follow-up to tha big/semi-growin’ “Sorry”, here’s tha “Lonely”, where I feel that way. However, adjustin’ to tha outside world again feels like earned success! It’s so bright out there; I gotta clear tha dark past…! I like this vibe betta than tha “Sorry” track & have caught on to his remixes, since tha “Sorry” release… I think this a great vocal combo; he needa get out his shell & show public luv to tha vocalists! You can do it; you have “Corry” in your name, Joel! That’s success in a name, right there! With that bein’ said, great job, especially tha “l-l-l-l-lonely” loneliness…; how ‘bout dat?! My Current Rating: 4.3


½time: Unbelievable to know that, thanx to a faithful future, tha songs shared so much luv for tha future that tha average CD rating’s at a 4.6!! Mega vibes; luvin’ all tha picks!! I knew tha great vibe would be back, one day; just couldn’t picture when! I just had tha faith, tho! I went through a hard time & now, I feel better to know that I’m back! I know now to value my work to tha fullest! Not every1 has reviewed 1,924 releases; not every1 has filmed, edited &/or acted in 495 commercials like me! I know ta have tha value, now…! I’m 100% real & loving; always know dat! Speakin’ of “know dat” (“#KnoDat”), Happy 43rd Birthday to my round, Fatt Albert, outta Baton Rouge!
Let’s continue, b4 I get too wrapped up in my good vibes…!


11. Kastra & Blue Ivy feat. RUNAGROUND “Around Me”
Label: Enhanced
Oh, this looks like it gon be tha shit! Hope this turns out ta be a great trio-collab, as well! It’s all about doin’ it 3x BIG!!! >>> This sounds pure, as well; definitely a nice way to see RUNAGROUND, again, especially with tha consistent Kast!! Sounds like a big chorus & when tha drop hits, as well! Definitely an excitin’ way ta hear Kast, after all my 1st listens on all but his 1st single, were all non-shmoked-out, smh… Great job, all y’all; definitely anotha powerful way ta bring on tha future…! My Rating: 4.7


12. Braaten & Chrit Leaf “Do Baby Do”
Label: Robbins
Robbins wit anotha one, of course, soundin’ like one of tha biggest dance songs of tha year? I like this more than their previous song, from three editions ago… This definitely overrides it, I must say…! Feelin’ this female vibe; definitely sexy… Too bad they’re hidden; “?” tha name, smh… Braat, don’t lose one of those “A”z by not revealin’ tha vocalist, lol (“Brat”)! But, on tha real, this definitely nice; luvin’ that warped-soundin’ sound in tha beginning & throughout tha beat, at times…! Sounds like it gets sexier as it ends, too, as “it never goes away!” Yes, tha sexiness neva does…, when tha vocalist iz revealed, B&CL (and RE, too, lol)! My Current Rating: 4.4


13. Robin Schulz feat. Alida “In Your Eyes”
Label: Big Beat/EMG
Big Beat showin’ more wide-open luv ta EMG, with all these releases, lately…! >>> Sounds like a dope collab; definitely nice ta hear Alid, after tha simple-soundin’ “Waiting For Love” previous collab…! Definitely a powerful-soundin’ build-up/chorus vibe, here! Gotta luv how she comes through on this one! Schulz sounds good with tha slower-paced track, here, with this drop; definitely nice!! Great collab & vibe to make March a HUGE month! Even down to Schulz, too, with tha back-to-back Marches!! My Rating: 4.8


14. Tom Ferry & Lodato feat. PollyAnna “Own The Night”
Label: Enhanced
Looks like a sick trio, here…! Likin’ that we’re gettin’ faster, outta nowhere…! Let’s go get it, y’all…!! >>> A decent lil’ vocal start from Ms. Anna, here, but glad she’s here, overall… Sounds like an okay/cool lil’ chorus/drop part; likin’ it more & more as it progresses…! Next chapter’s jealousy, right now: tha “Vegas” part, ta kick off tha 2nd verse! I gon need ta obtain a bigger budget, 1st—well, not too much more ‘cause there’s an artist out there I wanna see…! We’ll see how this one does in tha future; also, nice back-to-back Marches, Mr. Ferry! My Rating: 4.6


15. Black Caviar “Mr. Vain”
Label: Black Caviar
Oh boy…, a self-released COVER, here…! Just ‘cause tha vibe’s 100% right, doesn’t mean I gon luv every one of ‘em! Heard a quick sample & got turned off by tha dance vs. dance vibes of remakin’ tha ‘90s, fa some reason… >>> Yeah, would’ve been cool if it was a full-on new dance song, not a remake… I’ll say, at least tha drop/drop’s chorus distorts tha remakin’ sound by ½… Yeah, overall, tha house remake fa tha ‘20s, here, ain’t great fa me… *Shakes head* Self-released cover? My Rating: 2.0


16. Yves V & Ilkay Sencan feat. Emie “Not So Bad”
Label: Spinnin’
I think this’ll bring “that cool,” like his last single…! >>> Oh boy, a tricky start with tha whole “Stan” / “Thank You” remake, in tha beginning…! Well, this “Not So Bad,” like tha title; it’s not a dance vs. dance track; this hasn’t been remade b4… Here’s its chance; sounds interestin’ fa a house vibe… My Rating: 4.0


17. Steve Aoki, Ummet Ozcan & Dzeko “Popcorn”
Label: Ultra
Back up ta 128 on Track 17! Likin’ tha increase; let’s see what this trio has ta offer…! >>> Pretty dope start; definitely feelin’ that vibe, to tha fullest! Can’t believe we have a follow-up to tha SHAED feature, lol! This iz so dope, tho, with its instrumental sound & “hands up!” Definitely pure-soundin’ classic shit…! Sounds like such a surprise to come outta nowhere, like, frfr!! Could be competition with tha Tritonal collab!! Definitely feelin’ tha 3x power fa tha 3rd month! Even a higher synth at tha last drop’s part; definitely don’t get mo dope than that!! My Rating: 5.0


18. Love Regenerator & Calvin Harris “Hypnagogic (I Can’t Wait)”
Label: Columbia
Whataya know? Anotha surprise, lol! Funny ‘cause just like tha March power, here comes tha two Marches of ’17 & ’20 combinin’, as both had a 140 BPM-produced track! Also, a double appearance from tha Regenerator, himself!! Just a different, nice-and-fast vibe, comin’ str8 atcha! Like, it’s like, trippin’ off a Fast Calvin! Think: “Fast Calvin;” future name, as well, lol? Definitely feelin’ his trippy fastness, here…! My Current Rating: 4.5


19. Krewella “Greenlights”
Label: Mixed Kids
Feels crazy to know that already followin’ up after their “Good On You” track that I’m really feelin’, still…! Here they are, with tha other side of Krewella’s style; pure trap heat…! A good lil’ set of verses & tha chorus gets you looked at tha “Greenlights” to tha future…! Also, anotha set of Marches! Anotha set of tha ’17 & ’20, too, thanx to tha Dave Audé Remix of “Team”, lol! I’m not trippin’; these are real facts, ya dig? My Current Rating: 4.1


20. Connor Bvrns & Bonn “Anthem”
Label: Astralwerks/Capitol
Endin’ wit anotha surprise? Bonn on a slower track/different style? Should be somethin’ excitin’…! >>> Sounds like a good slow vibe fa Mr. Bonn, so far… That damn hollow bottle, lol… Tha chorus sounds pretty good; I’m likin’ how tha drop sounds, too… Sounds like a good lil’ futuristic “Anthem!” My Rating: 4.3


Overall: Yeah, this vibe definitely trumps anything of tha past year, since I had to give up my freedom!! Most-definitely…!! So many exciting tracks, as if it was like tha good-ole times that influenced me…! Can’t wait till they all get released & what I will exclusively be playin’…! Definitely hypes me up fa tha super-bright future ahead!!


Rankings:

20. Black Caviar “Mr. Vain” 2.0
19. Yves V & Ilkay Sencan feat. Emie “Not So Bad” 4.0
18. Krewella “Greenlights” 4.1
17. Sam Feldt & Sigma feat. Gia Koka “2 Hearts” 4.2
16. Cash Cash feat. Wrabel “Mean It” 4.2
15. Connor Bvrns & Bonn “Anthem” 4.3
14. Joel Corry feat. HARLEE “Lonely” 4.3
13. Kygo with Avicii & Sandro Cavazza “Forever Yours (Avicii Tribute)” 4.4
12. Braaten & Chrit Leaf “Do Baby Do” 4.4
11. Nause, Rebecca & Fiona “Can’t Erase” 4.4
10. Love Regenerator & Calvin Harris “Hypnagogic (I Can’t Wait)” 4.5
09. Tom Ferry & Lodato feat. PollyAnna “Own The Night” 4.6
08. MOTi x Rebecca & Fiona “Down For It” 4.6
07. Duke Dumont “Therapy” 4.7
06. Kastra & Blue Ivy feat. RUNAGROUND “Around Me” 4.7
05. Love Regenerator & Calvin Harris “CP-1” 4.8
04. Robin Schulz feat. Alida “In Your Eyes” 4.8
03. Anabel Englund “So Hot (MK x Nightlapse Remix)” 4.9
02. Steve Aoki, Ummet Ozcan & Dzeko “Popcorn” 5.0
01. Tritonal, HALIENE & SCHALA & Jorza “Long Way Home” 5.0


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      87.9
Total Songs:                      / 20
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.4


Crazy that outta tha 14 years I been reviewin’, not once do I think I had no 3.0’s but instead, 2.0’s? A gap between 2.0 & 4.0, no less, exactly!